It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

About Real-Life Super-Powers

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Oh, I only took it once a while ago, I don't take anything anymore....but,

Salvia is a hallucinogenic plant used by shamans to communicating with other dimensions. So, I think its had some good benefits, but yea, my nervous system is kind of sensistive now that I think about it.

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Yeah. I have issues with a lopt of medications so I have to get my grandma to heal me. She's a healer, and she's trying to teach me, but it's a lot of work....A lot of work.

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I think that for psychics & people with other special abilities, holistic, natural health treatment is the way to go.

I've had extreme horror stories concerning medications. The worst part was: I knew intuitively that the reason the drugs were malfunctioning so badly was because I had an extremely sensitive brain chemistry/nervous system, most probably because of my abilities. But you simply do not tell a doctor that you're psychic.

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 10:38 PM
link   
mr. i'm ok.

i do not consider psychic ability, intuitiveness, and clairvoyance to be super natural powers.

the ability to control natural phenomonon is REAL LIFE SUPER NATURAL powers.
just to cut to the chase, make a long story short, and yada yada mutha loo lloo yada.

"that is not possible" you say

i'll stand your ignorant perception on it's head and give you a shot of everclear up your arss and chased by chocolate covered shroom juice.

then we can talk checkers, monolopy, and go-fish.

[edit on 6/12/2004 by panchovilla]

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 10:39 PM
link   
In my opinion, alot of the so-called super natural abilities, like empathy, are really an advanced form of intuition. When I think of it like that, I dont think of it as super natural, although I do think it is an ability. I believe that intuition is a facet of the unconscious mind, and that when we have an experience, like empathy, it is really the unconscious part of our psych, doing calculations faster and way more advanced than any super computer we can dream of.

For example, you may pick up on different clues in your enviornment that do not register with you consciously. However, they do register unconsciously. However, my theory does not explain fully the phenonemons. I have personally experienced remote viewing on many occassions during my lifetime. And the things I have seen in my mind, which I have then found out to be true, cannot be explained by any conventional means. Even so, I still get the feeling that my experiences are the result of my mind spontaneously performing millions of calculations at once.

I believe that these two combined factors, picking up clues in our enviornment and doing spontaneous calculations in our unconscious is what intuition is. And I think that when intuition is working at or close to capacity, it can often be mistaken for a super natural ability. The mind is truly an amazing creation.

[edit on 6-12-2004 by William One Sac]

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn
Pyschic-this has gotten me out of some potentially hazardous situations, people always consider me lucky, but I know

I also have this weird vision thing, I can see energy, its almost like I have hynogogic images without meditating, but its not exactly like that.

Ever since I did salvia, I have been able to see everything in pixels (I can do a lot with seeing patterns in it as well), but I can easily change it back to the normal state of seeing solid images, anybody know what this is all about??

[edit on 12-6-2004 by Jamuhn]

I have found that being "buzzed" realy helps me with my6 abilities. It allows me to concentrate and clears my head/mind of distracting thoughts/noise.

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 09:27 AM
link   
i turn of the traffic lights a lot

The light is red, but when i drive towards it disconnects and turns blinking yellow. This has happened more times than i care to remember, even people driving with me notice it

do you think i could have my own comic book?

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I will also say that I seem to have a supernatual ability to get out of dangerous situations. I probably should have been killed by a lot of things, from trains to a tanker truck explosion, I seem to have the "power" of being able to walk away unharmed. I guess I've always just thought I was a lucky person but the more I think about it the more I am starting to think there may be something to it.

Of course I'm not about to test this lol.

Just a reminder: if you wanna get in on a group for human powers, U2U me! Thanks!

May Peace Travel With You
~Astral

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Can anyone do anyone do anything on this site(www.home.xtra.co.nz...) like invisibility.

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I'm new to this site; been browsing it for awhile, but this is actually my first post. I mainly came here about the alien/conspiracy theories etc, but I browse the other sections too. I don't know anything about having supernatural powers or anything, and as I am right now, I would basically dismiss it as bs, but I'm open to the idea of giving anything a chance. Is there any proof that this is a real thing, are there any really simple things I, myself, or perhaps with friends could try?

I have obviously never practiced this obviously, but what are some tests or things I may try out to see if I have these abilities. The only thing I can think of off hand that really sticks out, is one time when I was pretty young, maybe... 7 or 8, I'm not sure, thats a rough guess most of my early childhood is all kinda molded together as far as time goes (I'm only 17 right now btw) but I remember, I had a dream about a movie or something, I don't know what it's called, it's... I dunno, about some small little creatures, fairys or something lol. I know it sounds stupid, but anyways months, or maybe even a year later that movie came out, and The movie had a trailer in the theater, and I know I hadn't seen it before or anything, maybe I could have been asleep when the tv was on I don't know, and somehow subconciously know how it went, but I had seen the exact trailer. I also used to have this wierd feeling sometimes, kinda like deja vu, but it's not like I'm feeling like I've been there before, just something that happens, it's wierd, and I feel completely diff. but then I can't remember what happened afterwards. It just lasts a few seconds and it's happened a couple times that I can remember for a few years, but not over the last two.

Sorry for the long post, just trying to learn more about this, it sounds enteresting, thanks for everyones thoughts and input on this.

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Really interesting thread! Umm... i have very limited abilities... empathy mostly, can often pick up on some events before they happen but don't usually realise the importance of wat i have picked up until the vent has occurred... like i said limited... LOL!

I think that super-powers should really be called super-natural abilities rather than the later... a bit too cartoony for my liking...

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I would certainly be willing to help a research project any way that I could. I believe that these abilities are common to all humans, but I think that they require honing and development. Myself, I've had exactly one precognative dream, several lucid dreams, and am currently working with the Silva Ultramind freebie. It seems to be going well so far. I've also tried RV, with some success, but I've not tested it extensively. U2U me if I can help out at all.

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 09:46 AM
link   
So far in this thread I haven't heard of one "gift" that could be considered as a "super power". I can feel pain, love, joy, sorrow, etc...I can usually tell if a person is genuinely a good or bad person...I can help emotionally heal a person by using the right words when talking ot them. I don't consider myself someone who is gifted or involved in the supernatural world, so why does those traits have to be considered as "super powers".
I wouldn't even call them supernatural gifts. Perhaps the ability to move objects with your mind, walk thru walls, transport yourself from one place to another by thought alone. These are super abilities I think...

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 10:58 AM
link   
exactly how I feel. People pick up things subconciously they don't realize. Like how you act diff. depending on how your feeling whether you are trying to show it or not. It's not hard to pick that up, it's not any kind of a power, it's just the ability to recognize whats going on other than the obvious.

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cassie Clay
My questions to the board are:
1) Do you think this a relatively new phenomenon, or have there been throughout history reports of people having extraordinary abilities like the ones I described?
2) If this is not a new phenomenon, would you say that there seems to be a sharp increase in the amount of people who can do this in the modern era, or even in the last 25 years?
3) Does the Powers That Be take this seriously at all? I know that in Russia & China there have been extensive studies & training of these people. Why not in the West? Or is it going on and we don't know it?
4) Should people with these abilities stick together & form online/realtime support groups/communities, or is it better to remain scattered & not attract attention? Or should people with these abilities be "outing" themselves on public boards at all? Or am I being paranoid? Or am I not being paranoid?

1st question

There was Moses. He did a lot of super natural stuff. Some say he was an alchemist some say God worked through him.

Then you have David who slew the great and mighty giant Goliath. He has some skills there. Neo maybe not but maybe better than Neo.

Those are of course Biblical examples. As for real people. There is that John Edwards dude.

There was Evil Kanevil. (sp)

There was Bruce Lee, Carl Lewis and Cookie Monster

And of course Merlin

2nd question

I would say there is a definate decrease in super humans. I can't think of one modern super dude , well except that Edwards guy.

3rd question

This could be why we never hear of them. Because the government get them before they have a chance to buy a lycra suit and fight evil.

4th question

We should stick together. I'm in.

By the way Cassie Clay, if that is your picture in your Avatar, then you are a hotty.

Nutzo

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by William One Sac
And I think that when intuition is working at or close to capacity, it can often be mistaken for a super natural ability. The mind is truly an amazing creation.

Indeed it is. It also works at optimum capacity more often when you're stress free & not desperate for anything. That's the irony of this carefree attitude. You get more when you don't need more.

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Dude, the only thing John Edwards is, is a scam artist...

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Wow, I hope John Edwards wasn't being compared to Moses, or David, or even Evil Kenevil. He's a joke!

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I don't believe that people have actual superpowers, I think maybe they imagine they do, perhaps their subconsious is tricking them. I don't believe what I can't see, that is a problem for me. It would be easier for me to believe it if I could actually see it happen, and I'm not talking about a magic show. I'm a skeptic that there are actually psychics and people who can levitate. Can someone prove me wrong?

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 02:06 PM
link   
kaoscreator,
If you consider a highly-accurate precognitive dreams on a regular basis as being a "super ability", then I could give a rather lengthy (and somewhat creepy) list of all my "accomplishments" in this field, as well as one documented case of me not only dreaming a newspaper story that came out the following day, but also accurately dreaming the page layout and the other elements on the page--I saved that page & my dated dream journal entry, and I usually pull it out to show skeptics and ask them how I could have possibly done it. But then I guess a true skeptic would not consider that "proof" because in theory I could have "forged" the dream journal entry & the whole thing could be a hoax--so I realize I won't be picking up the Amazing Randi's prize money just yet.
Some of my precognitive dreams have been about rather large things, though most nowadays are smaller, personal things that may or may not be of much interest to anybody.
I have been involved in several telekinetic/electro-magnetic/magickal things that while I think they would be more readily accepted as being kind of like "super-abilities," I'd prefer not to discuss them in great detail on a public forum -- so I realize I'm not making much of a case for those areas at the moment.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join