It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

About Real-Life Super-Powers

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I never said a complete list. Just give me a few. And it's called "Mind over matter"

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 03:45 PM
link   
"Mind over matter" doesn't necessarily always apply. Ever heard of human mutations?

So if I were to say that someone had, oh let's say...INCREDIBLE strength. Could bend metal, etc. and weren't a body-builder and such, it's instantly mind over matter? Or part of the "psychic realm of gifts"?

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Read through this thread, and it really caught my attention I've been interested in this kind of thing for about 2 years now. I think we all have these abilities and we develop them in our own pace, some develop them sooner, while others it takes time.

I'm not sure if I have my own abilities, I dunno if Astral Projection (What Im gonna tell you might not even be astral projection) is a psychic ability but there was a weird experience I had during the summer where I was lucid dreaming. I usually have a hard time getting out of lucid dreams on my own, but this time I managed to get out by just clearing my thoughts. Once I did this, everything around me went dark and I began to feel myself floating up. But I was to scared to see what was ahead in the darkness, I completely freaked out and I woke up. Also 2 years ago, I managed to make a Psiball. After awhile though, I got tired and bored of it and just completely stopped.

This thread though has actually inspired me to start working on these abilities again, does anyone know any decent books or sites that can help me out with developing them.

The idea of this psychic community sounds really cool, and I would love to join it when it comes.

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Tell me, mw080. What proof do you have that it isn't mind over matter? And please stop using the term "psychic" It's incorrect. The term is "psionic". Theres a big difference, ask anyone.

A lot of these "super powers" you talk about can be related to basic psionics and mind over matter. Your mind is the most powerful part of your body. Just need to train it.

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Karu Jyrai
And please stop using the term "psychic" It's incorrect. The term is "psionic". Theres a big difference, ask anyone.

Alright, I'll ask you.

What's the difference between "psychic" and "psionic", and why is "psionic" the proper word to use to describe these faculties?

Originally posted by Striker122
This thread though has actually inspired me to start working on these abilities again, does anyone know any decent books or sites that can help me out with developing them.

The course, if followed, will help you develop positive psychic faculties:

Gnostic Meditation Course

Good luck,
Akashic

[edit on 11/12/2005 by AkashicWanderer]

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 07:05 PM
link   
"Psychic" is a term used to describe skills based off of things like future sight and remote viewing and sometimes telepathy. Psionic, however, covers all of those, and telekinesis, the other kinds of kinesis, "mind over matter"...(i even her a controversial rumor about "phasing")

Psychic just doesn't cover enough bases. It's a sub-category of Psionics.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I like to keep my abilities to meself. But, it is interesting to read about everyone elses. In my personal opinon, and again this is just me, I think it is important to keep your abilities to yourself.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Why though? Keeping secrets only strains the spirit. You need someone to share things with, at least one person. And as for here, it's fairly anonymous. If anyone were able to track you down someway, you've already given them enough reason for a motive if they are seeking people with abilities.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Why though? Keeping secrets only strains the spirit. You need someone to share things with, at least one person. And as for here, it's fairly anonymous. If anyone were able to track you down someway, you've already given them enough reason for a motive if they are seeking people with abilities.

LOL...it has nothing to do with anyone tracking me down. That is funny! I just think it is important to keep it to yourself is all. That's just me though. I'm not judging you if you choose to tell the world. Really I could care less. Have a nice day!

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 02:59 PM
link   

"Psychic" is a term used to describe skills based off of things like future sight and remote viewing and sometimes telepathy. Psionic, however, covers all of those, and telekinesis, the other kinds of kinesis, "mind over matter"...(i even her a controversial rumor about "phasing")

Psychic just doesn't cover enough bases. It's a sub-category of Psionics.

The last I checked, "telekinesis" was a sub-category found under "psychic" abilities. So, shouldn't "psionic" abilities be a sub-category of "psychic" abilities?

Also, for certain people, hiding is a necessary thing.
EDIT: And it is completely possible to go without telling people anything. I can attest to that.

[edit on 12-12-2005 by mw080]

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 03:51 PM
link   
You are mentioning powers outside of the psychic range. I'm am saying that they are within the psionic range.

This may be the paranormal studies, but any way you look at it, a feild with a broader range cannot fit inside one that is much narrower.

The Psychic community has a much different approach and view than the Psionic community does. The way I see it, the psions are more open to many more things than the psychics.

It's merely a matter of perception, so perhaps a decrease in hostility would be advised in a non-hostile forum.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I'm sorry, it just seems that you haven't experienced things like this first-hand. And I wasn't being hostile. I was replying to your posts directed at me.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 06:29 PM
link   
You are being hostile, or at least "aggressive" with your responses.

And "first hand experience" doesn't tell you what an ability is derived from. You claim that the psionic abilities are a sub-class of the psychic one. You obviously haven't studied them. You claim to know them for what reason? Have you an innate ability like many others who claim so? If so then that hardly makes you a canditate for omniscience. It merely means you have been gifted with what others need to work for.

You are a juvenile spirit, and I forgive you for this as it is not your choice. You apparently can't comprehend subjects outside the matters of your own personal beliefs.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Does it really matter what label we use to describe the same concept?

I may use psychic, you may use psionic, and someone else may use Hrytts. What matters is the meaning that we give to them.

The word "psion" or "psionic" is not in the Merriam-Webster dictionary. For this reason I suggest you use the label psychic to describe certain phenomena that you currently describe with "psionic". This way you will get your ideas across a wider range of people. It is your choice however, and if you wish to continue to use the word "psionic" to describe the concept with which I attach the label "psychic", remember that you may be misunderstood by some. There really is no need to argue about a word that isn't in the dictionary.

Inverencial Peace,
Akashic

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Not everything needs to be defined in the dictionary to be understood. The dictionary is a human device that stores some information, but not all.

[edit on 12-12-2005 by Karu Jyrai]

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 02:30 AM
link   
I used to believe in such abilities; but for a long time now, i've kinda lost faith that such things are feasable at all. Ever since the Iraq war and finding out that Hussain had not weapons, it kinda broke my faith. I was so sure he must have had something, but he was clean. If i'm wrong about that, then what else? What if there are no aliens, special abilities and other things that are a part of this whole forum? Imagine if what we see is pretty much what there is.....
As for special abilities, i've never seen anybody do or had anything work for me. I still try various things and in different ways, but it feels awfully like i'm banging my head against a wall.
I don't like thinking that all we are made of is simply flesh and bone, but it sure feels like there's nothing special.

Now, I don't mean to indicate that you all are making this stuff up. I'm just confused over trying to believe that it exists when I have never seen any proof of it and only hear about it from the stories of other. I guess my outlook on it is similar to that of a man who has never seen lightning and disbelieves that energy could be commuted to the ground from the sky in a arc of light flying through the air.

[edit on 13-12-2005 by Phalanx]

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Yes, I truly am being hostile...(that was sarcasm)
Yep, I haven't studied anything...(once again- you guessed it. Sarcasm)
I could go on and on, but I won't. Since you seem intent on trying to make me out to be an unknowing and self-centered person, I might as well act like one for at least one post, hmm?

Firstly, I never claimed to be omniscient. If I did, show me. Experiencing something is more valuable than just studying it. You can study all your life about a certain thing, then experience it and it changes your perspective on the matter. If i'm wrong, i'm sure you'll tell me. It just amazes me the hypocritical statements that can be found within your posts...

If anyone is acting omniscient, it is you. Instead of trying to verbally "bash" me when I continue to bring up points, try just simply answering them. It can work wonders. There...now i'll try to be nice again.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Experience changes opinions, not facts. That's all I have to say on that matter...

As for your sarcasm? Hostility.

[edit on 15-12-2005 by Karu Jyrai]

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 04:50 AM
link   
dose any one know of any ways to enhance your abilitys like any foods you have eaten or any specific meditation methods that have caused an increase in you abilitys strength and power

or if you know of anyone who had the ability awaken undescovered abilitys in others
any of this would be helpful

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I had a very weird experience the other day, I will set an introduction to my abilities or lack thereof.. I have been trying to astral project(been getting quite lazy with the exercises lately though) and have been successful in partial dream lucidity and very realistic dream scenaries. Other than that I don't exhibit any overt powers I have noticed. As a side note I started seeing 11:11 a lot and then 9:11 started creeping in and now I constantly see 9:11 more than 11:11. I don't know what that is all about.

Anyways, in my work training someone who sits beside me was getting messages through the network and did not know who was sending them to her. She was talking to someone else about it and I was just sitting staring at the computer screen doing something or other when all of a sudden I felt this jolt in my shoulder. I twisted my head in that direction instantly and seen her and she started laughing, I could have swore that someone threw something at me. I looked where I felt the sensation and looked on the floor for what might have been thrown at me. She said she was laughing because she was straring at me, I mentioned the jolt in my arm caused me to turn before realizing how strange that was and shut up about it.

I wonder who was more to cause for the jolt sensation, me or her. I would also like to develop more sensitivty to such things seeing that this was definately real and definately abnormal.

just thought I'd share. Good day and very interesting thread.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join