It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What has GOD done for you lately?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
God has done nothing, your here on this Earth just like the rest of us and we got to make our own way and no higher beings are allowed to intervene. God is you, God is me, God is everything and everywhere. God is not a HE or a SHE and God has no physical biological body so how on Earth could God do something for anyone?

To the OP, I feel your pain, I bet you like Teal'c from Stargate
Hating all those false gods and trying to free his people from slavery

[edit on 20/6/2010 by the_denv]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Solidus Green eye

That is the same problem I have, I do not visit churches anymore, I went from a "young trusting on others authority roles" in the name of "GOD" to a person that look at those that self appoint themselves as leaders the same way I look at anybody else, is not fear of God in me anymore.

I question too much, I research too much and I learn history, too much knowledge makes you a skeptical at the end.

Sorry to say this but I have deduced that most preaching in church is nothing but crap that "others" wants to hear.

I happen to heard all that already long ago.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Hehehe... I'm gonna try and prove using the bible that those rituals you mentioned are WRONG....first one:

A married couple who both have a masters degree were with their heads down on their knees, hands up in the front row praying to something they have absolutely NO knowledge of. Giving them selfs over to GOD?! WTF!!! Can't these people THINK?!

The bible text dealing with bowing before:

Exodus 20:4-5 (American Standard Version)

4 Thou shalt not make unto thee a graven image, nor any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself unto them, nor serve them, for I Jehovah thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children, upon the third and upon the fourth generation of them that hate me,

So this covers the cross hanging in the church.... also nowere in the bible does it say one should kneel... the time skneeling was mentioned was in a context where it explained it to be wrong.

next one

What has God done for you lately then?!

God doesn't do alot for us ATM. what he does is support his people by lifting their spirits... now as to the bad things happening wich god allows to happen:

Revelation 12:12 (American Standard Version)

12 Therefore rejoice, O heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe for the earth and for the sea: because the devil is gone down unto you, having great wrath, knowing that he hath but a short time.

Acts 10:38 (American Standard Version)

38 even Jesus of Nazareth, how God anointed him with the Holy Spirit and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.

Quite clearly the bible says that the devil is rampaging on the earth.. but is every evildoing the work of the devil?

Proverbs 1:30-33 (American Standard Version)

30 They would none of my counsel; They despised all my reproof. 31 Therefore shall they eat of the fruit of their own way, And be filled with their own devices. 32 For the backsliding of the simple shall slay them, And the careless ease of fools shall destroy them. 33 But whoso hearkeneth unto me shall dwell securely, And shall be quiet without fear of evil.

You will reap what you sow!!!

next one:

The way I see life is just to live good, don't harm, and be there for others when they need it. Don't live the needy life and give more than you get. I think the Bible should be interpreted like this, and NOTHING more.

Really? Read what the bible says..

James 2:26 (American Standard Version)

26 For as the body apart from the spirit is dead, even so faith apart from works is dead.

2 Timothy 3:1-5 (American Standard Version)

1 But know this, that in the last days grievous times shall come. 2 For men shall be lovers of self, lovers of money, boastful, haughty, railers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, 3 without natural affection, implacable, slanderers, without self-control, fierce, no lovers of good, 4 traitors, headstrong, puffed up, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God; 5 holding a form of godliness, but having denied the power therefore. From these also turn away.

last one...

So I won't go to heaven If I don't pray and give my soul to god? Thats ridiculous.

Uhmm... There are numerous texts describing what is needed to be acceptable to god... but dont worry... most of us wont go to heaven... Thats not what god has promised us as reward for our dedication... he promised an eternal life on earth... free of sickness or war..

Either you choose to serve god or you'll die like most of us and wont wake up again..

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   

By this alone, I declare you havn't got the first clue of what you're threading about.
I will however answer the question, with the hope of giving you at least some idea, of the level of ignorance you have demonstrated here.

Nothing, nada, zip, zilch, and zero.
I damn sure don't expect him to do anything for me either.
What the hell makes you think he's suppose to?

[edit on 20-6-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
No matter how tough times have gotten for me, God has always been there. Times have gotten tougher still, and there are times I stop talking and listening to God, but when I need God, God is there. Today I have many fears, and even so, I always understand that fear is what I feel in the absence of love, and understanding this, I somehow feel that I am disappointing God, but the minute I begin thinking this, God is there to remind me that there is no disappointment. God reminds me that my fear is my choice, and that sometimes the choice to be afraid is a valid choice.

What has God done for me lately? It has never been God's responsibility to do a thing for me. God is not my servant, and while his power is infinite, and always available to me, it is not mine to demand, only to enjoy. God owes me nothing, and all that I do, every thought that I have, is of my choosing. God does not impose thoughts upon me, nor does God ask I act in any way other than that which I believe to be true and just, and in return, God accepts me for who I am, and offers unqualified love.

When I listen to God, I can not only hear God, I can feel the love that God has for me. While God owes me nothing, I am grateful for all that God has done for me. I am grateful for God's love. You have asked this question of me, and so I answer. I am not here to preach the word of God to you, because God has always been there for you, and if you choose not to listen, that is okay with God, and it is okay with me too.

What has God done for me? What have you have done for me? Do you owe me? You do not owe me any more than God does, and yet you preach your message, and is it a message of love? A message of compassion? What is your message? That those who choose to listen to God are fools? That it is stupid to hear God's word? That faith is stupid?

You speak of intelligence, and there are others who will always point to science as an indicator of what is true and just, and this is fine. Those who worship science will insist that if there is no proof, then there is no reality, and then ignore all the theories, and hypothesis that have been made, some proven, others falsified, and will pretend that there is no requirement of faith in science. Of course, all hypothesis are built on faith. Consider the cure of scurvy, which is vitamin C. Scurvy was once a dreaded disease that afflicted many, but finally science allowed for the discovery of the source of scurvy, which was a lack of vitamin C, but whence the lack?

How can one possibly discover a lack? Show me lack. Indeed, it was not a lack that was discovered, it was a leap of faith that there was a lack, and a hypothesis formulated, a theory developed, then proven when vitamin C began to cure scurvy. Now we know, through science, that beyond a doubt scurvy is caused by a lack of vitamin C, and yet, there is still no evidence of a lack, only evidence of scurvy, and we understand the cure is vitamin C. Should we dismiss this understanding because it was all predicated on a leap of faith?

When the body needs vitamin C, it will present this need in various ways. When the soul needs God, it will present this need in various ways. Ah, but the scientist would insist, show me the soul! You show me the lack, and I'll show you the soul! When my body needs vitamin C, I take it to fulfill my bodies needs. When my soul needs God, I accept God in order to fulfill my souls needs, and once I have done this, my soul begins to heal again. What has God done for me? God fills my soul with love, and compassion, and it is this love and compassion that allows me to read your message and smile lovingly and with compassion, and answer now as I do.

You can accept this answer, or reject it, this choice is yours, either way I accept you for who you are and do my best to remain compassionate, and accept your presence with love. This is all I owe you, and in return, you owe me nothing. The love I offer is with out qualification, and this is how I find compassion. It is not to say, that from time to time, I won't get angry, or disgusted, but I will remind myself that in the end, it is better to love without qualification than to seethe with anger, or allow the toxins of disgust to darken my consciousness. How do I know this? At first I did not, it was what God taught me, and even then, I still did not know this. Just as the scientist who took that leap of faith and tested his hypothesis on a lack of vitamin C, I too took a leap of faith, and tested love and compassion, and lo and behold, my soul is filled!

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by draevin

Yes, that's my god too, the Universe, as we are the products of the Universe.

I capitalize 'Universe', but not 'god', that's how I feel about that.

The Universe does what it does and does not care about you or me.
(how many coal miners have prayer vigils really saved?)
But, to an extent, I believe the mind itself can affect your environment, through negativity or positivity, and the things that people do, provided the outcome can go one way or the other.

Religion and prayer is simply looking outwards for positivity.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
There is nothing to say, that God is going to answer all prayer, as we see in the bible even the most righteous have been tested. God always answers, but sometimes that Answer is silence... God isn't at our beckon call, We should be at his. Don't let your heart be harden cause you got dealt a crappy hand... We all have.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
reply to post by LiveForever8

Andy wasn't tortured. He claims that he is a victim of mind control by the government. Apparently they made him fail his a-levels. Just thought I'd set the record straight. Ain't that right Andy!

IRM

My life is a fact.

Trying to ridicule something that is beyond your mind, does not make it not so. You telling me what has happened in my life are you?

Not at all andy! I'm merely repeating exactly what you have disclosed to us at ATS. This is what YOU have told us... not me! Would you like me to dig up the posts and paste them in here in defense of your allegations?

IRM

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart.
Trouble no one about their religion;
respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours.
Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life.

Seek to make your life long and its purpose in the service of your people.
Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
Always give a word or a sign of salute when meeting or passing a friend,
even a stranger, when in a lonely place.
Show respect to all people and grovel to none.

When you arise in the morning give thanks for the food and for the joy of living.
If you see no reason for giving thanks, the fault lies only in yourself.

Abuse no one and no thing, for abuse turns the wise ones to fools
and robs the spirit of its vision.

When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled
with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep
and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way.
Sing your death song and die like a hero going home.

Chief Tecumseh (Crouching Tiger) Shawnee Nation 1768-1813

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Maybe they were just respecting the culture...Religion is also culture of some countries...What problem is it for you?
Let them do whatever they want, they are not brainwashed they have free will.
Many times its just good education, not true devotion.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by jokei
Well, guessing in a roundabout way god gave me a decent roflmao this morning/afternoon.

Have a cookie

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
reply to post by LiveForever8

Andy wasn't tortured. He claims that he is a victim of mind control by the government. Apparently they made him fail his a-levels. Just thought I'd set the record straight. Ain't that right Andy!

IRM

Why be angry at Andy, is Andy the enemy?

People are ridiculing someone who may be suffering in ways you don't know.

Look around you, look at the state of the world and humanity, is Andy the most important subject?

[edit on 103030p://bSunday2010 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Not at all andy! I'm merely repeating exactly what you have disclosed to us at ATS. This is what YOU have told us... not me! Would you like me to dig up the posts and paste them in here in defense of your allegations?

Please don't. you don't know his state of mind, let it go.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
Why be angry at Andy, is Andy the enemy?

No who said that? You're creating your own dialog/subtext.

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
is Andy the most important subject?

Perhaps you need to direct that question at andy because he finds a way to weave his story into almost every topic.

IRM

[edit on 20/6/10 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Enough with discussing particular members. This thread isn't about anyone in particular. The title is....

Discuss that and not each other. Any more comments directed at other members and warns follow.

Thank you.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
He's given me another dawn, he's given me the air to breathe, he's given me another day, he's given me the beauty of nature, but so has the Goddess.

Hahahaha run on sentence.

[edit on 20-6-2010 by ldyserenity]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I can also claim God has done nothing for me

HOWEVER

In the same breath, I can spout 2 libraries worth of misdeeds God's PEOPLE have done to me and others. All 'In the Name of the Lord', yet. Gandhi had a point: " I like Your Jesus, but his followers, not so much" (paraphrased)

And while I am in no position to validate Andy's claims- I have seen a few odd things that have happened to me that to all appearances certainly looked like 'govt control' or something similar in my life: One was a test I did in the Navy. I was told I scored high enough to get into a special program where I'd be making obscene amounts of cash. 1 week later- the test results had evaporated into the ether, and I wasn't allowed to take another test... I ended up with a mediocre tour of duty after that.

I've had other 'brushes' like this- I have the potential to get not only one leg up, but 2- and the whole thing just... goes away. I end up completely confused, bemused, and quite honestly, blaming God. I end up watching others who glide right on by on nothing but farts, basically- and God gets all the credit. I've seen crap that I just shouldn't (or anyone else) have had to have gone thru. The worst part is when I and others go thru something. I actually *feel* better knowing I'm not the only one getting a shovelful of manure shoved in my mouth.

There's those of you who I am sure will be popping in to have the following posts- " But you have a home! You're breathing! both legs, arms (on and on and on.....)" That's BS. There's people who have less and manage to accomplish more (seems certain people are chosen to 'make it', so the masses have something to work for besides wanting to crawl off to oblivion in a state of depression), while certain of us work with all we have, and get... Nothing. Prayer? Doesn't work. Hard work? WRONG. Going to Church?
Please. Church is brainwashing at worst, and a division of Good Old Boys Network, Ltd. at best. Or, if you wanna be really nasty- G.O.D- Good Ol' Disciples.

I said it before in a thread: The world is fixed. I just wish I knew who is stacking the cards and doing the fixing.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
What has God done for me? Well apparently I'm being punished...and forgiven for how I was created. We all are.

I would like someone to answer all of these questions for me that I asked in another thread...

Why does God allow evil and suffering to exist, especially if he's all-loving? (according to the bible, God allows them both to exist because in the end God will end evil and suffering)

Why didn't God create us without evil or faults so that there would be no need for a hell where people were tortured forever?

Why aren't some serial killers stopped before they've killed over 50 people?

Why does God watch innocent children starve to death or be beaten, tortured, raped, stabbed, brutally murdered, etc. and not doing anything to stop or prevent it?

Why does God test people even though he knows every outcome?

Why is God punishing humanity for something two people did?

Why is God punishing humanity for creating those two people with faults and testing them, knowing the outcome of the test beforehand?

Why are we punished for how we were created?

Why do we need to be forgiven for how we were created?

Why couldn't God have forgiven us without having his son beaten and nailed to a cross?

Why do the 10 commandments not mention rape?

Why are people still being controlled by religion?

[edit on 20-6-2010 by Naughty B0B]

[edit on 20-6-2010 by Naughty B0B]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
My grandmothers life is currently in God’s hands.

I am an Agnostic and for the past year I have pretty much dismissed God from my life, even regrettably talking very negatively about him. But just 2 days ago my grandmother got a horrible and rare virus and she is on complete life support now and they are saying the only thing that can save her is a miracle.

I let go of my pride and begun to pray when this happened, I am still praying for that miracle. I have not seen my grandmother in 10 years because we were too poor to go up to Pennsylvania. I am just wanting to see her because my uncle said if she pulls through he will pay for us to come up there and see her.

As of right now the only thing we have left is God.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

That made me laugh. This thread isn't about me. Its about what God has done for you, or your life. Or other peoples life's.

And I find it interesting and meaningful to read what other people have to say about that.

You are wrong to expect nothing from God. What is the point of believing in him then anyway.

I don't see that point, and neither do you.. apparently. So read and learn from others.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I usually lurk but this topic made me want to respond. God let me wake up this morning to enjoy another beautiful day. Thank you God!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join