It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What has GOD done for you lately?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I am really sorry If I hurt anyones feelings with the following post. This is just the way I feel right now.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today I was in church. My Girlfriend asked me to come along. I am not a religious person, but I do have beliefs.

It was a Christian church where they would sing songs and say prayers and do all the other 'casual' things. Again I found it frightening that EVERYBODY was just singing along as if it were the TRUTH, and everybody accepted it. Like they have totally brainwashed.

There were some people who I personally knew attending the ceremony. A married couple who both have a masters degree were with their heads down on their knees, hands up in the front row praying to something they have absolutely NO knowledge of. Giving them selfs over to GOD?! WTF!!! Can't these people THINK?!

What has God done for you lately then?!

Get God of Jezus in the mix and suddenly people stop thinking for themselves.

There was this song that said (in dutch): Be deaf to all others, follow only the path of god.

The pastor was saying things like: You will only be happy in life when you find your life's goal given by god.

I knew church was like this. But again, it was another wake-up-call. Its just all fear mongering and making people believe stuff so they will be manageable.

The way I see life is just to live good, don't harm, and be there for others when they need it. Don't live the needy life and give more than you get. I think the Bible should be interpreted like this, and NOTHING more.

So I won't go to heaven If I don't pray and give my soul to god? Thats ridiculous.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Kept me going all these years, of being tortured in effect by the uk gov and police.

Isn't that enough, for me it is anyway.

If you do not care that is your choice, but not all of ours.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
Kept me going all these years, of being tortured in effect by the uk gov and police.

Isn't that enough, for me it is anyway.

If you do not care that is your choice, but not all of ours.

God kept you going...WHILST BEING TORTURED BY THE POLICE/UK GOVERNMENT?

Am I the only one seeing the problem with that statement?

Where was your God when you were having electrodes attached to your nipples?

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Solidus Green eye

If you don't want to believe it, that's your privilege.
Why do you care so badly that other people are believing it? How does that hurt you?

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Thanks for the comment that got me thinking in another way. Above that, if its a great help to you...then why not.

But I found it frightening that a hurdle of people stop thinking when it comes down to religion and just believe anything that is being told to them as long as it stays withing the lines of their belief system.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Being one of a group is how some people feel happy, safe, and comfortable. It isn't for me, especially religious groups for I just don't see the sense in any of it, and there are far too many questions the leaders and followers can't answer...but I digress. My husband is away right now at his Catholic church. He finds comfort there where I only found confusion. He finds peace where I found irritation. Which is why he goes and I don't-- a fairly simple solution if I do say so myself.

Tis the way of humanity, friend.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
God has never done anything for me. All the good & bad stuff that has happened to me in my life was either my doing, someone else's doing. As far as good luck and bad luck are concerned... well... that's just the random nature of chaos... not a god IMHO.

IRM

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

I know its not god that did this too me, its human beings that in effect murdered my life.

If it was not for something, human beings would have me in a far worse place and position, as the police have desperately tried to frame me for 18 years now in uk without me doing anything.

I have found in my life what humans are, as i have the extreme end of there hatred just for the way i am.

What has happened to me was not god doing it to me, but understanding something higher helped me through it. Without that something, who knows where i would be, as humans did everything possible to destroy me.

Atheists can believe what they want. By the way i do not goto church, you can believe in god without going to church you know, and i know i have never committed any crimes, while so many who goto church are criminals.

Shows you something.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

Why do I CARE?! ...why wouldn't I?

Some of those people that sat in church with me today are friends of mine. They were acting like brainwashed cows.

I care about liberty of mind.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Solidus Green eye

I have an anecdotal story for you. I was playing poker at Poker Stars and not really doing anything at a no limit table. I noticed a rosary hanging near my bed given to me as a gift. I touched it.

I called my mother (she lives in my house) to explain to me what the various beads meant. She was telling me about the prayers and such and the game continued. OK my hole cards A 10 spades. Bet. The flop. AA 10. I check. A player on the other side of the table pauses, all in. I call.

Whoosh goes his chips, plenty of them, "felted". I have aces over tens. I look over to my right hand where the rosary was hanging, it was still in my hand.

Ha, ha, the guy bought me a nice trip to the liquor store.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I believe I am a good person.

I try not to hurt other people, I try not to lie, I try not to abuse my planet or myself.

However, I am labeled a sort of abomination before God for breaking the rules in a book written by men, for reasons I don't need to get into to make my point.

My faith is in the universe, and that there is a reason behind it.

God has done nothing for me, unless God is the universe, which I am made of.

If that is my truth then I need not prove myself, for I am a piece of all there ever was, and all there ever will be.

I feel sorry for people who need to look outside of themselves to find a higher purpose, because they can't know their own power.

I'm sure I'm gonna get yelled at for this one, but that is okay. This is what I believe to be true, and it may be different for other people, since I have not experienced what they have.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
God didn't strike me with lightning when I gave up religion! I think that's a plus for the Big Guy

To me, one of the biggest issues with mono-theistic religions like Christianity is they attribute EVERYTHING to God - creation probably happened at some point, we humans believe we are separate from each other and from the universal energies and forces out there - someone had to design us to be that dumb! Was it some local Earth-governing god? who knows.

there are tons of threads on ATS that are nearly exactly what OP said - check 'em out, or wait, people always respond to threads like this.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
God has never done anything for me. All the good & bad stuff that has happened to me in my life was either my doing, someone else's doing. As far as good luck and bad luck are concerned... well... that's just the random nature of chaos... not a god IMHO.
IRM

Me either. And what I think is stupid, Christians always thank a made up God called Jesus for everything, while they never thank their Great Mother for giving them all the food, water, building materials, minerals for energy, fire to keep warm, and tress for oxygen and wood to burn and build with. Mother Earth gives us everything we need to live and survive, while the made up God of the Christians does nothing, because he is fake!

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Andy wasn't tortured. He claims that he is a victim of mind control by the government. Apparently they made him fail his a-levels. Just thought I'd set the record straight. Ain't that right Andy!

IRM

My life is a fact.

Trying to ridicule something that is beyond your mind, does not make it not so.

18 years and counting of this garbage now.

If i talked about everything that was done to me, it would be torture.

You telling me what has happened in my life are you?

[edit on 6/20/2010 by andy1033]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I believe in a creator and I was saying the same thing this morning, "dear god if you are there, please help me walk to my chair."

and here I am just in time to talk to you, thanksgiving, many cultures give thanks to the creator,

I don't think God should be thought of as our big Santa in the sky,

It's a choice, there is comfort, as long as they are not harming anyone let them have what little peace they can garner from the moment.

Native American Prayer

Oh, Great Spirit
Whose voice I hear in the winds,
And whose breath gives life to all the world,
hear me, I am small and weak,
I need your strength and wisdom.
Let me walk in beauty and make my eyes ever behold
the red and purple sunset.
Make my hands respect the things you have
made and my ears sharp to hear your voice.
Make me wise so that I may understand the things
you have taught my people.
Let me learn the lessons you have
hidden in every leaf and rock.

I seek strength, not to be greater than my brother,
but to fight my greatest enemy - myself.
Make me always ready to come to you
with clean hands and straight eyes.
So when life fades, as the fading sunset,
my Spirit may come to you without shame.

(translated by Lakota Sioux Chief Yellow Lark in 1887)
published in Native American Prayers - by the Episcopal Church.

I seek strength, not to be greater than my brother,
but to fight my greatest enemy - myself.

May love and peace flow like a river to your soul.

[edit on 093030p://bSunday2010 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
God has never done anything for anyone, as up until now, there has been no evidence or proof of a god.

everything good or bad that happens or how low or high your mind and spirit gets, is all a result of either your own or someone elses influence.

The mind is an amazing thing and we can create drama and we can fool ourselves into believing all kinds of wonderful stuff... and sometimes some awful stuff.

In essence, as far as god goes, We are our own gods.

[edit on 20/6/10 by blupblup]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Well, guessing in a roundabout way god gave me a decent roflmao this morning/afternoon.

Have a cookie

Andy wasn't tortured. He claims that he is a victim of mind control by the government. Apparently they made him fail his a-levels. Just thought I'd set the record straight. Ain't that right Andy!

IRM

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join