It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question for everyone: If someone wanted to reveal a secret, how is the best way, who can they trust

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracyguru
Yea actually I should have expressed the hypothetical part better....im such a philosopher that sometimes i get lost in my scenarios

You stated quite plainly that this was a hypothetical situation. If some didn't seem to notice that, it's not your fault.

On a sytematic part I agree the library is a good way to go, id pick a library far away from where home is though.

Libraries are however public places that tend to be visited by reasonably intelligent people, some of them with a lot of time on their hands. The staff are also pretty sharp as a rule. You might get noticed and remembered. As for suggestions to disguise yourself, unless you are an expert at self-applying high-quality makeup (ie so it doesn't look like makeup) then trying to disguise yourself will only attract attention. For this reason, the internet cafe option might be better, especially if it's one in an area that is heavily touristed.

My line of thought was more about, how can a whistleblower be protected if they cant reveal the information without revealing themselves beacause of the content, not the method of distribution

and also moral implications...when is it appropriate to be a whistleblower amd when is it not

These two concepts are inextricably linked. If the whisteblower cannot reveal the information without revealing him/herself (regardless of whether intermediaries are used or not), then the moral angle has to be considered from the perspective of potential harm to others (including self) versus either righting a wrong or perhaps preventing further wrong.

This thread is all very vague i know, its hard to explore the implicatons without making up a specific scenario as a test subject

As the key issue seems to be that blowing the whistle must identify the whistleblower, then the actual scenario depends on the perceived moral situation: have people been unjustly harmed because of the event, and/or could they be harmed in future because of it? Can this harm be redressed (or prevented) by blowing the whistle, or will doing so only result in punishment? The potential whistleblower's own sense of morality is probably the deciding factor here.

If you wish to put forward a specific hypothetical scenario for a certain event in 1998, then by all means do so. It might engender other responses in respect of the moral question.

Best regards,

Mike

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by loveguy

reply to post by loveguy

Its not slim pickens, but yea its on that level

Hello,

So before I enable you to pierce a spear into my side, (frankly I wonder if I'm entertaining a troll here tonight) at least give a clue as to what field this secret involves. I'm about to go outside and see if the moon is fool. It's my face on the moon you know?

You seem to have baited me with a lure I won't yet spit back out...

conspiracyguru

Member is on ATS now.

And welcome to ATS BTW

I dont really feel like playing this game honestly

cuz i really want this to be a genuine serious thread.

BUT if you really want to play games and call me a Troll i think thats unjustified. I had to go look up Troll On Urban Disctionary just to see what it was even though ive heard the term before and I dont think its fair. Im way down the list probably meet definition number 9 or a couple after that

But forget about the games please.

Serious thread, serious questions ok. There are lots of people who would probably come forward if this issue could be solved, it just takes the right one to start the ball rolling but they wont if they cant get past the issues outlined here

You know what Im saying?

Yeah this is a Serious Thread Guys ...... 4 pages of wasted seriousness

Better keep your urban dictionary handy !

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by maybee
If ATS has a physical mailing address, maybe you could make copies of whatever it is that you have and mail it to them. Do not put a return address on it.

One could certainly do worse. And yes, they do have a mailing address and it is publicly available. (It's no secret!
) However, you won't find a postal address for ATS per se, but rather for The Above Network, LLC, which is the company that owns ATS and the other sites we can access here.

The info is listed here on Businessweek.com and it includes their PO box address. However, just in case the link doesn't work, the address is

P.O. Box 118
Comanche, OK 73529
United States

Mike

[edit on 20/6/10 by JustMike]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

Wow
Way to go Comanche, Oklahoma - That's surprising. I thought probably New York or Los Angeles or some other major city.
Thanks for the reply.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Well, one could create a thread on this site that discusses their knowledge of information that the regular public has no clue of.

If it is not wildly silly and does not have key words and phrases in the title,it will die a quick death.

1987,the Iranians had Chinese missiles that controlled the choke point at the Strait of Hormuz in the Persian gulf.

They actually shot them at oil tankers transiting the straits.

Very dangerous situation for both the civilian tankers but also the military ships in the gulf.

By mid 1988 these missiles seemed to not be a issue anymore.

Does anyone know why?

I do.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I absolutely can not believe that ATS is being used to disseminate confidential information. This is turning into a class to become traitors to your country. Where are the mods?

My favorite is snail mail sent anonymously, being careful not to leave fingerprints on the envelope and paper or materials. I once sent about 20 packages to certain individuals in this manner. If you are wise enough, go to a different state to mail it. Mass mailing are fun.. yOu kNow WheRe I lIvE.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   

i live in Ok and i have heard of comanche but didnt know the exact location ...so i looked it up and when i did i noticed something strange . just north is a public airport named ..... Halliburton field . made me laugh!

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Your best bet is sending the information to wikileaks. You could see if Julian can raise enough money to hire a personal bodyguard for you for a couple years before the information is released.

You might not be for that idea however.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   

reply to post by ~Lucidity

Thats what i was afraid of

Ahh, I wouldn't be too awful concerned, TPTB killed off Phil and Bill, and look what that got them? Way too many questions, and way too many people believe every word they said. Personally, if I had such information, I would, through an intermediary, contact the History Channel, and offer the information that way, me being anonymous, of course. It sounds to me like you really want to tell, but are afraid of consequences. For me, being an old man who lives in a world of pain, they would be doing me a favor by eliminating me, and I would become a Folk Hero. Think before action, I always say.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I'll have to agree with JustMike.

If we presuppose that any leaked material would reveal (and presumably endanger) the leaker, then it becomes a moral decision on the part of the leaker.

I can think of a couple of scenarios that would fill that bill:

1. A covert recording of a one-on-one meeting.

2. A security person secretly recording some activity of his principal.

Frankly I cannot imagine any hard documents being available in any scenario which would satisfy the above supposition.

Given the examples cited I believe that the primary problem would be in documenting the claim of importance before the leaker was rendered inoperative.

Just my .00002 cents...

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I can't help but notice that during this hypothetical that most posters are assuming the evidence is something along the lines of documents or photos. Suppose it's something more tangible? What if you had an actual artifact? How could you make sure it becomes public knowledge without it disappearing?

Maybe you had a dead (or live) alien body? I doubt you could just bring it in to CNN and say, "Put this on the air." It would be a toss up which body would disappear fastest, yours or the aliens.

An abandoned alien craft? Do you think you could just go to your local news and say, "Bring a camera and follow me?"

Even something as simple as a ray gun. Once the government finds out you have it, they would stop at nothing to get it. How could you expose your find to the public without the government getting it and burying the whole thing?

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Here is the contact info for ATS on the bottom of every page:

Arizona Executive Offices:
The Above Network, LLC
15111 North Hayden Road
Suite 160-156
Scottsdale, AZ 85260

Use this form to send an email, or call our toll-free (in the U.S.) number to contact The Above Network, LLC executive team: 1-877-417-2204

[edit on 20-6-2010 by manta78]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by manta78

Yes, there is that one as well; I assumed the querant was looking for a mailing address that is not listed so publicly "on-site". From my perspective the reasoning is simple: it could be advantageous to send any material to an address that might not get so much "traffic".

But whatever... The more contact options available, the better.

reply to post by VictorVonDoom

Specifically:

Originally posted by VictorVonDoom
I can't help but notice that during this hypothetical that most posters are assuming the evidence is something along the lines of documents or photos. Suppose it's something more tangible? What if you had an actual artifact? How could you make sure it becomes public knowledge without it disappearing?

We are responding to what the OP stated (in this post) when he wrote:

Lets throw out a hypothetical:

Not online, although elements of it can be verified via some docs, Lets say the info is 12 years old, and the person never spoke a word about it in that time, and if they dont tell it, it will never be known
[edit on 19-6-2010 by conspiracyguru]

So we are discussing hypothetical “info” with “some docs” related to it. True, we could consider a scenario with tangible evidence like an artifact, but that is not the line the OP is asking us to pursue.

On the other hand, if the OP asks us to take this further and consider the angle you've raised (which is certainly a good one), then I have to agree with you that the situation could become even more complex.

Mike

[edit on 21/6/10 by JustMike]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Point taken. Didn't mean to derail the thread. It's just that TPTB are so adept at minimizing and discrediting things like documents, pictures, and even video. If a decent looking photo of a UFO is posted then by the third reply someone is claiming CGI. If a damning document is shown it's easy to claim forgery or that the document was misinterpreted. Look at how the videos of the Gaza aid ship and the journalist murder in Iraq were treated. They just cherry pick a small segment and loop it over and over to make it look justified.

I don't think they worry so much about this sort of info anymore, they've got their damage control down to a science. It doesn't matter how you release it. Some solid, tangible, unequivocal evidence might be a different story, but as you pointed out, that may be a topic for a different thread.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
When is a secret no longer a secret? As soon as you tell one other person.

Who can you trust? No one. You may trust that person today, but what happens if you anger them tomorrow?

To answer your question, anonymity is the key. If you have some info that you want to make public, but you don't want it to get back to someone, the anonymous letter is about the only way.

Now, if it's some exclusive info that only a few people know, the person would get figured out sooner or later.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by VictorVonDoom

Actually I didn't see your own conjecture as derailing the thread.

And I must agree with you that TPTB are masters in obscuration; although they more-or-less need to be in order to defray legitimate threats to their respective nations (which as we know do exist) they also use those same processes to suit their own ends. This could be why the OP has been reluctant to even offer a hypothetical scenario that is more specific. It would be helpful if he would, but perhaps he feels that he simply cannot.

Regards,

Mike

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   
In most cases which involve TPTB and information which is being withheld from the general public there are people involved in many different levels of security. One idea I think would work, but would take careful preparation and this may sound horribly bitter. However this is what you could do: you find a person at the next higher level, who is the most responsible guilty party for keeping the secret within the confines of TPTB (preferable one who is known not to be well liked), and you let them bleed for the leak, in other words, frame them for the disclosure. If one is clever enough you could manipulate the information which makes it seem the “bleeder” leaked only a part of what he or she knew, in which case your hypothetical friend who is at the lower level would be actually disclosing all they know. In addition, who says all the information has to be leaked anyway, if I say for instance a large animal which begins with the letter E, most would conclude the answer to be an Elephant.

Another possibility would be that in any field people get old and die, your hypothetical friend if they were clever enough could try to find a previous person who was aware of the same or even partial amount of the information, and disclose the information as coming from a person in the circles of TPTB which was privy to even a small dose of the information, and make it be assumed by everyone concerned the disclosure came from the person who has passed away, I don’t think you have to be a rocket scientist to really answer this paradox, just be clever like a fox.

Or you could play the role of hero and risk your life and safety for the benefit of many others, and just go on a lecture circuit, speak to as many people as you can in open public forums for as long as you can, like William Cooper or Phil Schneider, yes they will eventually slay you with the headlines of your committed suicide, but if the information was critical, truthful, and liberating enough you would get web pages memorializing your sacrifice, while opening the eyes of many more to continue to fight the good fight.

Or as many have suggested and alluded to: your hypothetical friend could just keep their mouth shut and watch the consequences of his or her actions, while becoming as responsible as the rest of TPTB. While many years later after everyone who was privy to this information have died away, there will be a documentary immortalizing the people who never said anything but could of, while the commentator of said future documentary will repeatedly revisit the possibilities of how the world would of turned out if your hypothetical friend would of done SOMETHING.

Good Luck

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oneolddude
1987,the Iranians had Chinese missiles that controlled the choke point at the Strait of Hormuz in the Persian gulf.
By mid 1988 these missiles seemed to not be a issue anymore.
Does anyone know why? I do.

I'll bite...do tell.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Greetings ConspiracyGuru! I hope this arrives at your post as it was very late and so I copied the url so as to be able to find you again and so here I am but no sight of the forum. I looked through the forum too! Anyway I really sympathize with your dilemma, it's certainly not a fun place to be in. I've read all the responses you've received, some of which I would have suggested, other than that I think I would contact Sheldon Nidle who is in regular communication with the Galactic Federation that I think would give you protection if you go through with the disclosure as they have many people like you working under cover as ground crew here to help augment the new Age. There is a lot going on behind the scenes that people are totally unaware of and a great deal more than people can possibly comprehend.

The Galactic Federation, now so close to coming out in the open, is currently overseeing government officials and anyone directly involved in decision making. They are there when covert operations are planned, and they and their ground crew allies benefit from such knowledge that you and others like you bring forth, for even though they are aware of all that goes on they can only work within the parameters of our free will that seeks them to bring forth the Light of truth, thus are now removing those who do not have everyone’s best interests at heart. They cannot be fooled like the public as they have the means to determine whether people speak truthfully or not. The Galactic Federation in contact with us is comprised of beings like us not the Greys that work with the covert operations of the Secret government.

All of us Light workers are very grateful to those of you that are the whistleblowers. The White Knights revealing the requisite truth so that the masses can wake up for the major paradigm shift ahead, a bifurcation of consciousness, one for the golden Age and the other destined to continue on another planet for similar life experiences that would progress from what's occurring now which would ultimately worsen without intervention. So basically these ones will be experiencing a like consciousness that does nothing to change things for the better thus witnessing the dire results of the breakdown of society, this is the choice ahead. Life is all about choice experiencing that which we believe to be true. Only you cant recognize truth with the mind only with the heart!

You can contact Sheldon Nidle here at [email protected] “PAO” stands for The vision for Planetary Activation Groups. For more information, Phone voice mail 808-573-3110 or email us at:

Another resource you may want to check into is this here
www.ashtarontheroad.com... Ashtar is Supreme Commander of the Galactic Federation Fleet. Your contact info is Susan, Fran and Elise at [email protected] either way you make contact!

I share this in Light and Love! May the light of the Radiant one be with you! GoldenGlow

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join