It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question for everyone: If someone wanted to reveal a secret, how is the best way, who can they trust

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Lets say Hypothetically I or someone else knew something that could be construed as whistleblowing....something of national importance that could put the person with said knowledge at risk by revealing it...and was afraid to reveal it.....what would be the best course of action?

Please let me know.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by conspiracyguru

Post it on ATS with sufficient links to evidence. That would be a good start.

g

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   

S & F - Good question and relevent to the times we are in.

I would have your friend go to the following website and read everything in detail that applies to his/her circumstances:

www.whistleblowersblog.org...

[edit on 19-6-2010 by manta78]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Lets say that said information would reveal to TPTB plenty of clues to the identity of the whistleblower thus resulting in possible backlash. The kind that can get you dissappeared. That would make posting it here impossible.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I saw something around here the other day about sending it to 40 people and making copies of all your evidence and putting it in safety deposit boxes with keys given to someone you can trust to use only in the case of your demise. That would pretty much take care of that part.

The other part, where they will hound and ridicule and do everything in their power to make you look like a crazy lunatic...well that's a bit harder, I guess. Just look at the treatment most whistleblowers or buckers of the status quo in DC get. Their intimidation tactics that are evident are brutal enough, and we can only imagine the things we don't see...the blackmail, threats, and bribes.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Put the information on flash drives.

Distribute the flash drives all across the country.

You could drop them on the ground for people to find or leave them in mailboxes or leave them on park benches. People who know what a flash drive is, may use them and find your information.

Draw your information out in very simplistic terms that a child could understand. Have it look sort of like a coloring book or something. Leave the book with crayons in a park that children visit. Make sure you are not seen doing so.
Place it in areas children might investigate, like inside of play equipment or in the bushes. Children are curious and like to explore, so someone will find it. Wrap it in plastic and put into a hollow tree. Some curious kid will look in there eventually.
Children find this, take it home to their parents, or read it and remember it years later.

Use a library computer in a rural town to log into youtube and make a new account. Find some place with very little surveillance going on. Wear a disguise if you have to. Upload something from there, with nothing that would identify you. Just upload a text video.

Create flyers, find some teenagers all hanging out some place, pay them to pass them out.

Distribute your information to the homeless, along with food and other items. They will eat the food and use the items, and later discover your information. They may talk to others and your information may spread by word of mouth.

Go to walmart or some place, find one of those toys that records what you say. Say your information. The next person who plays with the toy will hear it, but probably record themselves. Maybe they will remember your information.

Basically, set it up so people will stumble upon the information. Don't forget about children. They are capable of remembering a lot and repeating a lot, even if they don't know what it means. Some children can imitate adults having an adult conversation. They may get in trouble and really not know what they have said. They are innocent, but never underestimate their power for repeating something.

Whatever your information is, make sure you have multiple copies of it, in case your information is seized. Put your information on flash drives, on video, or different media. Have paper and digital copies if you have to.
Always have at least one copy in a cool dry place that you can retrieve later.

Find a cool dry cave and hide your information in it, for future generations to find. If you want to, get someone to sketch your information onto stainless steel and hide it in cave some place. Make sure your information is in multiple languages so it can be translated by future generations.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   

I personally found that if I wanted a secret to be spread around the best way would be to tell my wife and tell her that she cant tell anyone...no matter what...that always works..

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Good question.
You can't go to the mainstream media, they are bought and paid for.
Maybe Ron or Rand Paul.
For myself I would post what ever I had (with proof) on ATS stating who I was contacting and send sealed copies of my evidence to trusted friends.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Thanks for the posts so far but none of these solves the point I brought in my second post which is this:

The information can not be revealed without also giving away the revealer to TPTB

because the nature of the info itself reveals too many inseperable clues

So personal protection and getting the information out are almost impossible together

Hypothetically speaking of course

[edit on 19-6-2010 by conspiracyguru]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
What about wikileaks? You might put the information together and send it to all the conspiracy websites at the same time. You might get an attorney to leak the information.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
People are saying to be really careful about wikileaks. Not to be trusted. Of course that could also be disinfo.

If the information can't be revealed without revealing the revealer, then you're pretty much stuck.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Use an alias naturally, never use your own computer use an internet cafe, always use cash never a credit card...wear a disguise that is not obvious as one, burn off your fingerprints....anything else???

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Thats what i was afraid of

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Unless somehow you could give enough someones you trusted just enough information so that they could figure it out and it could be made known that they figured it out (all on their own sorta and so to speak) to TPTB so they would have many people to suspect.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracyguru
Thanks for the posts so far but none of these solves the point I brought in my second post which is this:

The information can not be revealed without also giving away the revealer to TPTB

because the nature of the info itself reveals too many inseperable clues

So personal protection and getting the information out are almost impossible together

Hypothetically speaking of course

That gives you 2 options:

1) Keep your mouth shut.

2) Build up a force of powerful allies before releasing the information. These people should have the credibility to help you release this info and create real awareness. They should also have the power to help you fight any disinfo/smear campaigns and safeguard you from being disappeared.

So ask yourself. The people this info hurts ... who are they afraid of?

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity

Unless somehow you could give enough someones you trusted just enough information so that they could figure it out and it could be made known that they figured it out (all on their own sorta and so to speak) to TPTB so they would have many people to suspect.

That would require a lot of trust, because to tell the story to them would mean they would have to not reveal the key parts, and I think the Alex Jones types or Loose change crowd would say we dont care, the information is more important then the SHTF because they werent responsible about you

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Well...people at ATS are pretty good at figuring things out...

Is this whistleblowing information available online in any way or through say a FOIA request? Does ANYbody else know this?

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Reply to conspiracyguru:

If it's obvious that it could have only been your friend who leaked the information, that's where a lot of courage comes into play, and he or she will have to decide if the information is more important than their individual life. (life they will have after disclosure)

Read this article: "The Fed Who Blew the Whistle" You may find it interesting, and perhaps relevant.

www.newsweek.com...

[edit on 20-6-2010 by manta78]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
Well...people at ATS are pretty good at figuring things out...

Is this whistleblowing information available online in any way or through say a FOIA request? Does ANYbody else know this?

Lets throw out a hypothetical:

Not online, although elements of it can be verified via some docs, Lets say the info is 12 years old, and the person never spoke a word about it in that time, and if they dont tell it, it will never be known

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Then the person will have to die first or fake their death. Either that, they will have to be financially secure and able to go into hiding in some place that TPTB will never think to look.

So I guess you wait until the person dies of natural causes, then have someone reveal the information.

TPTB may go after their family though.

Eventally someone is going to have to decide to step forward, or forever hold their peace. Maybe there is a way the public will discover the information on their own.

Maybe there could be a way to make it more accessible or available for discovery, without actually leaking it.

Maybe you can get a lousy computer and hope it gets hacked or somehow have less security so that a staff member gets into an area that should be more secure.

Anyway, either you decide the information is worth leaking or you decide that it isn't. Either you decide that it is worth dying for even, or you decide it isn't.

If you only are afraid of your career, then wait until a time when you are more secure can can lose your job and it won't matter.

If you are afraid for your life, find a way to fake it or leave the country or whatever, if it is worth that.

If your information is so important and many many people may die if it isn't told, then maybe decide for the greater good.

If you know something and don't tell, then you are going to be partially responsible if people die.

Ask yourself if you can live with the guilt. If you can't well, then I guess no one will ever know. If you are religious, you may feel Karma may get you, or you will answer to a higher power. If you can live with that, then I guess no one will ever know but you, but you'll have to live with yourself, and this may at least effect your health and sanity in the long run.

[edit on 19-6-2010 by jessieg]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join