It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question for everyone: If someone wanted to reveal a secret, how is the best way, who can they trust

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by conspiracyguru

You have to make it look like you stole the info from someone else that was privy to it, and that you are some outsider, so that that person gets disappeared, not you.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Well isn't the old adage true that if you're going to reveal something that is possibly life-threatening to the revealer you do it in plain sight with a lot of witnesses and all that stuff mentioned earlier...copies and originals of the evidence, and so on? The theory being the more people who know the safer you are? Usually people who reveal information that way stay alive, but they still face other things, like public ridicule, job loss, and so on.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
the best thing would be an AUDIO evidence, then you can post on the web and nobody would be able to say anything

otherwise, it is going to be hard

if you dont have any documents, it would be useless

if you have only documents, man, its hard, it will depend on the circumstances of the information

the best thing would be to post the information in a way you cant be identified

but as some people said, sometimes it is impossible, they will know who had access and wont be difficult to find you ...

well, if the last is your case, run and post online all you have, and run, go live in the woods ... if you have a family, well, you are $%¨$

the best thing would be to "loose the evidence" ... just speculating, I really dont have any idea, each situation have its own features

[edit on 20/6/10 by Faiol]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by manta78

Yep. Brave man. But the consequences....

Still, there are benefits too. The first being clearing your conscience, knowing you did the right thing. Takes a lot of soul searching and a very personal decision about what you can live with and what you can't.

The second being, maybe you'll get some "fame" out of it. Maybe write a book. Get paid for speaking. That might not matter to you though.

Also it goes a lot toward motivation. Why are you doing it? Tamm mentioned he was angry. And what it is. If it was something that could save lives or put criminals in jail, it would almost be a no-brainer decision.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
Well isn't the old adage true that if you're going to reveal something that is possibly life-threatening to the revealer you do it in plain sight with a lot of witnesses and all that stuff mentioned earlier...copies and originals of the evidence, and so on? The theory being the more people who know the safer you are? Usually people who reveal information that way stay alive, but they still face other things, like public ridicule, job loss, and so on.

its hard to reply to that even....because it makes a public record here to TPTB what button they can push if said person says thier biggest fear

It reminds me of this scene in an old spy movie where they have a contact in the soviet union but they are afraid to ask them questions because the questions might reveal more to the soviets than the answers to the americans if the contact is a double agent

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   

The second being, maybe you'll get some "fame" out of it. Maybe write a book. Get paid for speaking. That might not matter to you though.

Definately NOT fame. Anonymoty is key

Motivation: Guilt. Justice. And love of country. But most of all, the chance that the truth might be finally known so it never happens again.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   

well i meant later. after it came out.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
fame is a curse IMO and never something to be desired
Privacy and anonymity is precious beyond anything money or fame could ever offer

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Think outside the box ,Long as it not revealing me to the world. ^_-

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   

This is intriguing and a huge problem.

The only people I would trust are the Dalai Lama (because he is probably the only saint here on this earth), and...I don't know - no-one.

And I don't know how you get in touch with him.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracyguru
Lets say that said information would reveal to TPTB plenty of clues to the identity of the whistleblower thus resulting in possible backlash. The kind that can get you dissappeared. That would make posting it here impossible.

Hello,

You might have to eat your bunny.

Good luck and godspeed.

[edit on (6/20/1010 by loveguy]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
First wipe the hard drive on your laptop, clean os install no personal details.
Drive through residential neighborhood find wireless signal not protected.
Give info to Julian Assange at Wikileaks as well as many other news sites.
Then use DBAN on the hard drive as well as a full on high level format and install new os. Sell the laptop at a flea market for a good price.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by loveguy

Wow!

Sounds like you may have been a whistleblower yourself!

Good advice.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
If this is a secret that could cause harm to people it needs to be told, even if it is put out as a possible conspiracy it will get people to think, discuss it and investigate further on their own. ATS would be a good place to start - just be careful in your wording.

If it is just a personal secret then it is a secret and should remain as such as long as no harm will come to anyone.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows
reply to post by loveguy

Wow!

Sounds like you may have been a whistleblower yourself!

Good advice.

Hello and thanks I think.

Actually, I have a pretty active imagination. If I wore his shoes, that's the track I would run around to get the story out. I guess that's why I have to work from home and just write creative fiction. I can't be trusted with national security or any kind of intelligence really. Those fields lack integrity, I'm not cut out for it. But thanks again! I think.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
2 can keep a secret if 1 of them is dead. If the secret is known to others then one of them must have leaked it. Find a way that one of them may have spoken out of turn & use that path.
The secret cannot be kept forever because someone would talk out of turn. People they tell may not spred it but it is out there somewhere. That is how some conspiracy theories start. Someone heard something that sounded wrong.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I guess the only solution I see is keep thy mouth shut and make sure that theres a plan in place where somethng should happen to the said person then the truth goes public

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   

No, I think loveguy was right with his advice.

Also, if it is important, you should tell someone.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracyguru
Lets say Hypothetically I or someone else knew something that could be construed as whistleblowing....something of national importance that could put the person with said knowledge at risk by revealing it...and was afraid to reveal it.....what would be the best course of action?

This thread!! HERE AND NOW!!

BE MY HERO

THE Suspense is killing me!!

AUGHHH!!!!!!!

i wanna know a secret!!!!!

please???

pretty pretty pretty please???

well, are ya gonna tell??

door one: narc (anti-social agressive behavior)
door two: wussy (pass a fist pacifist)
door three: TELL US THE SECRET

are ya gonna make us beg???

thanks,
ET

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Thanks for the U2U ! Don't worry, your secret is safe with me!!

humor, a fun thing,
ET

[edit on 20-6-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join