It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gardner executed!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Gardner executed!!

www.sltrib.com

Barb Webb, daughter of Gardner victim Nick Kirk, sobbed when news of the execution came.

"I'm so relieved it's all over," she said, hugging her daughter, Mandi Hull. "I just hope my sister, who just passed away, and my father, and all of the other victims are waiting for his sorry ass. I hope they get to go down after him."

Gardner himself told the parole board last week he was a changed man from the person who shot and killed Melvyn Otterstrom at The Cheers Tavern on Oct. 24, 1984.

"We know that abused and neglected children grow up to be impulsive and violent," Haney told
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   
"I just hope my sister, who just passed away, and my father, and all of the other victims are waiting for his sorry ass. I hope they get to go down after him."

As part of Gardner's bid for commutation before the Utah Board of Pardons and Parole, three of those jurors signed affidavits saying they would have sentenced Gardner to life without parole if that possibility had been available. A fourth said he would have seriously considered it. Life without parole was not possible until 1992 in Utah.

He had no option to get life in prison? He said he changed and obviously was sad about what he did, they could at least give him life. Especially since he was abused and neglected as a child..

What do you think ATS?

www.sltrib.com

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by pavelivanov22

As harsh as it sounds,
I dont think we can blame EVERYTHING on our past..

I'm sure even someone who has had a tough upbringing still knows right from wrong and has a choice in what they do..

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   
The is no excuse for the taking of a life.
Always thought those who did so should be dropped far from society in the most inhospitable place possible with nothing. Then they can live like the things they are without harming civilised human beings.
The lack of respect for human life is one of the biggest problems of todays world.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   
He deserved what he got. Besides do you know how much $ it would cost to feed/house him for the rest of his life? Ammo is cheap.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

You cannot replace a human life people do not value others these days and its sad..

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by GeorgeBush

Hmm, as far as that goes China has the best , money saving courts...

If convicted and sentenced to death it is done the same day..

Then your kin get the bill for the bullet..

None of this appeal, appeal, appeal..

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by virgom129

What if your Innocent and get killed for something you did not commit and only later they realize it?

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Yes thats always the argument,
and a good one.....

But its also true that convicted criminals are choking up the legal system on purpose and costing tax payers billions.

So whats the answer???

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by virgom129

Well maybe make a certain amount of time to prove your not guilty if you are guilty off with your head..

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

yes

the most amazing is that human life was never respected by any civilization in our history

some people are psychopaths ... a lot I would say

the worse ones are the ones who uses a book to justify their actions, thats why I dont support any kind of religion that uses these books as the truth

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by pavelivanov22

He had no option to get life in prison? He said he changed and obviously was sad about what he did, they could at least give him life. Especially since he was abused and neglected as a child..

What do you think ATS?

www.sltrib.com

What?!

Because he was abused and neglected as a child? There are countless stories of "abuse and neglected children" making a positive contribution to this world. He chose to do the opposite.

Good riddance.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Reply to post by virgom129

What i meant is that his crime warranted the death penalty and hes not saying he is innocent. And besides, what benefit to society can anybody be while serving a life without possibility of parole sentance? I cant think of any.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by pavelivanov22
He said he changed and obviously was sad about what he did

If I came through a rough upbringing, killed someone, then, after much therapy, I came to understand that what I did was one of the worst things a human being could do, the guilt alone would make me wish I was dead, and I would gladly give up my life if it brought peace and closure to the victim's family. To those who feel nothing, death is the better sentence, but to those who feel guilt, life in prison is far worse. If it's true that Gardner was feeling guilty and understood what he did, the death penalty got him off easy.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 04:22 AM
link   

OK, lets look at it another way....

Thousands of people die every day from hunger....

These convicted killers cost the tax payer millions to keep locked up and endlessly appealing.

That money could have saved hundreds of needy.

Instead it goes to house a murderer and pay for his lawyers beach house...

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   
The difference here is many murderers do their crimes because obviously there mentally disturbed, you could argue that instinctively they know right from wrong, but nuture shows them differently (either by upbringing or outside influences affecting their decisions.)

The choice to execute the Murderers however is unfairly justified, as this is done so in hindsight not taking into account the fact the law is passed on a stable judgement, something the Murderers didn't have a choice in. As I hear the vast majority of the time, those convicted are remorseful, and not because they got caught.
The ones who want to stay in prison and leech off the system already play off it anyway.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by RUDDD49

Well you could argue that anyone that commits a crime is insane,

therefore innocent on grounds of insanity....

That aint gonna work....

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
So the "murder" of one by a gun shot is insanity by the law, but to uphold the same crime committed is considered justified in the eyes of a judge and the Government to uphold execution, and thats "sane?"

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
The guards had to wake him up for the execution.

I guess he didn't have a care in the world.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by RUDDD49
So the "murder" of one by a gun shot is insanity by the law, but to uphold the same crime committed is considered justified in the eyes of a judge and the Government to uphold execution, and thats "sane?"

Star for you. Should a paragon not learn a murder to forgive? # World!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join