It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gardner executed!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I am against the death but I have to say that a poor childhood is not an excuse to commit murder and other crimes . As adults we all have to take responsibility's for our actions and decision . A smarter debate is looking at the likes of the removal of the provocation(SP?) defence from New Zealand law . This means if I catch someone raping(SP?) say a member of my family and I kill the guy I can only go down for murder not manslaughter .

One thing the US legal system seems to have correct is that with the different degrees of murder its possible to separate the crime of premeditated murder from something like I described above . Maybe what manslaughter is should be redefined in New Zealand law .

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by xpert11

Real forgiveness needs no excuse. It's just about revenge...american style moral - Don't like it!

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Does no one find his execution by firing squad a wee bit barbaric? I know it was his choice and I agree he deserved the death penalty but being shot by five men while he was hooded and strapped to a chair with a white target pinned to his chest just seems a bit wrong, I guess it must just be me but a lethal injection seems a more humane way to execute a human being...

Ho hum, sorry, carry on..

Execution

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by pavelivanov22

that sucks.
i wish gnomes were real.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   

that sucks.
i wish gnomes were real.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Majestic RNA

I don't know about that one. I have heard some stories about lethel injections having gone wrong. It may sould barbaric, but the most humane method would be instant decapitation.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by JIMC5499

Heh, I get where your coming from but even decapitation has it's drawbacks..

"Many argue that a beheaded person will almost instantly lose consciousness due to a massive drop in blood pressure in the brain, and/or the heavy impact of the decapitation device. But there are countless eyewitness reports in history describing a few moments of apparent awareness in the victim"

Hell if we're honest there aint a humane way to kill another Human….

Lucid decapitation

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Point taken. I do have to ask one simple thing. Do we really want it to be humane?

Personally I have always believed that a Life sentence with no chance of parole is about the most inhumane thing that can be done.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by pavelivanov22
reply to post by Expat888

You cannot replace a human life people do not value others these days and its sad..

Tell that to the many people who are starving daily because the funds needed to go towards better education and social programs is being diverted to jails for scum like this.

If it was up to me I would let all the people in jail because of pot out and then execute all the people on death row. At the very least I would build another Australia type place and ship them there to live on their own.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   

My thoughts on this are as follows. I had it hard when I was a child, but I dont kill over it, hell , I dont even get into fights unless someones life will be in danger unless I do. If I can grow up to be a civilised, upstanding member of my community, then NO ONE has an excuse.
I dont give a fig if he had foreign objects inserted into intimate parts of his anatomy, got beat every day, had people throw animal dung at him in the street, he didnt have an excuse for his actions.
When someone proves they are incapable of behaving like a human being, they ought not be treated like a human being, but like a disease. Humanity only avoids reclassification from mamal to virus because we are sentient, and have morals, and for the most part work to leave behind our baser instincts . Left without those vital differences we would be nothing more than overcomplex bacteria, raping the earth and killing all which stands in our path.
To avoid this, deterants must be put in place and enforced, wrong doing must come with harsh penalties, otherwise the fear of societies vengance will not be strong enough to override the instincts of the savage sickness that we would be without our moralising and our logic.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by JIMC5499

True you don't want people to suffer quickest way is probably *chop*..

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Speaking of firing squads, I remember watching a show on the history channel about 2 years ago, it was a 1 hour show about execution. They talked about this one time a prisoner was in front of the firing squad, and the shooters only hit him in his arm once. they all missed on purpose, and the poor bastard bleed out while they decided what to do. Sorry for being off topic, but from the same episode i remember this one guy that was the only person to get electrocuted twice. The first time the chair messed up because it was a travelling electric chair that moved between like 6 different prisons, and it was put together improperly. when they let him out of the chair, he was complaining of having the taste of cold peanut butter in his mouth!!

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
WOW

If people are being put on death row they need to come up with a better way to execute them!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join