It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Message for all the Apathetic People on ATS Posting that the spill isn't a Big Deal

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by kadyr80

You said everything I was thinking.

The mere title of the thread about "it's just a bloody oil spill" on the front page pisses me off. How can you be so naive to believe this is just an oil spill?

Not to mention an oil spill is bad period, but this one is worse than any - ever. If you care about the environment whatsoever you'd agree, and if you want to live on this planet, and have it as a suitable place for your children, and grandchildren (etc...) then you better accept the fact that this is a disaster and it needs to be dealt with one way or another.

Many people have lost jobs already and in this economy that is already on a down fall, that is not good [obviously]. If you choose to believe the MSM who is saying we are starting to recover, then go ahead, but if you do your own research you will see that things really aren't getting better. The economy is not the only thing effected because of this spill, but the animal/plant life is being killed daily (as said in the OP) which to me is a big deal on a very large scale.

If you do not think that this oil spill is an issue worthy of upsetting the world at large, you lack the humanity of most human beings - even though many in this world today do no sympathize with other issues going on, this is one that will bring us together to realize how horrible this disaster just is.

S&F, good post

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
so OP, you think this has the potential to destroy earth?
i mean couldnt i accidently step on a worm, that would have been food for a frog, but since i killed the worm the frog straves to death. and since that frog never reaches maturity, he missed out on the chance to be food for some french dude, who as a result, orders chicken one night for dinner, since there was no frog that day, sicne he starved 3 weeks ago, he then chockes to death ona bone int eh chicken and never meets his future wife, whow as to give birth tot eh only human alive who could come up with teh solution to this oil spill, or perhaps, some other future catastrophic event. and since hes never born, no oen will figure out how to stop that comet from destroying eath in 2034.
too many variables , you cant ever say this oil leak is a big deal, becasue really, much worse hings have happened to earth and yet, were still here.
stop fearmongering.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by super genius
i mean couldnt i accidently step on a worm, that would have been food for a frog, but since i killed the worm the frog straves to death. and since that frog never reaches maturity, he missed out on the chance to be food for some french dude, who as a result, orders chicken one night for dinner, since there was no frog that day, ....

Hey, you forgot to include the Louisiana pancake batfish in that chain of extinction events.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
The scary thing is: The Earth will bounce back though, whether we're here to see it based on our own greed and stupidity is another story... But I guess I see your point, OP, and agree.

I think what's worse than the apathetic threads are the sheer nutcase nonsense ramblings of psychotic panic whores... the "OMG It's a volcano and it's gonna blow the earth off it's axis" threads are total malarkey. If you look at their "credible sources", they can't even get the number of the Mississippi Canyon correct without skewing it to some Illuminati numerology bull-fertilizer. Really, the speculation and need to see a conspiracy is worse than the apathy. The horrible reality of what's going on should be bad enough.

What's worse, (and I'm speaking about one thread in particular) is that the same crazies that are spewing this tripe love to brazenly declare that "The Coast Guard is there, but what are they doing" Implying in general that there is absolutely no cleanup effort at all (which I can assure you as I have family and friends active within it), and this simply is so far skewed and outright wrong. I am utterly appalled by the amount of crazy pseudoscientific horse**** I've seen on ATS, none of which has been substantiated by any credible source, about this subject. At the same time to outright disrespect the job that our hard working Coast Guard, National Guard and cleanup crews from all areas are doing is just disgusting. I bet these are the same pieces of poo that call soldiers baby killers when they come home. Quite honestly, I don't know which is worse anymore... apathy or attention whores.

If you really want to help, put down the tinfoil hats, grab your gear and get to work. If you can't, at least support the people that do.

[edit on 16-6-2010 by EnkiCarbone]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Deny Ignorance

Well,not being born yesterday and having a memory capable of remembering longer than the last television season,I believe there is a worse man made ecological disaster than this leak.

It virtually is not spoken of but it could be a "extinction" level event.

As a young lad,we were taught that the Amazon rain forest produced the majority of the oxygen that humans need to survive.

If it were to disappear,carbon dioxide levels would rise and the earth would turn hotter.

In the last decades, scientific research has established a clear link between the health of the Amazon and the integrity of the global environment, but still only a fraction of its biological richness has been revealed. Today, rapid deforestation threatens the Amazon. At current rates, 55 percent of its rain forests could be gone by 2030—a looming disaster not only for the region’s plants and animals, but for the world.

www.worldwildlife.org...

Al Gore somehow convinced millions of people that man made carbon emissions were causing the earth changes.

They are cutting down 7000 acres of Amazon rain forest a week.

I am sure Gore's $400 million wealth is heavily invested in the companies that are doing it.

Mother nature can fix what is taking place in the gulf,over time.

It maybe a few years but mother nature will fix itself.

While all you doom and gloomers are crying over spilt oil,our oxygen supply is being taken away from us.

Deny Ignorance

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Life goes on, enough said.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
It,s not the oil you can see on the surface you need to worry about .Have a look at a Lava Light sometime.great globules miles long,that haven't come to the surface yet.What's going to happen when the hurricane season starts?

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   

520 million gallons were spilled in the first gulf war.
reply to post by Karlhungis

No deep water is the biggest spill in history.
You can go ahead and fool you8rself if you want to. Slice it at any direction.
This is the BIGGEST there has ever been or ever will be.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
One thing to note is that this is not the biggest oil spill in history...yet.

envirowonk.com...

520 million gallons were spilled in the first gulf war.

'
Is that relevant in this discussion? Wasn't that "spill" from hundreds of producing wells that Saddam set afire? And during the quenching of those flames, didn't the free oil then seep back into the mostly barren desert?

Please round out your reasoning so it makes sense on the issue here.
Spouting facts such as you did lends nothing to this discussion.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I was just speaking with someone outside of America and as much of a disaster this is it is probably karma for the consumers to suffer through this as if it happened to other countries the issue of oil would not be brought to the awareness like it is today. It's a horrible tragedy but it was along time coming. Not if but when. Its happened now and we as a people need to realize that while there is demand for oil things like these disasters and wars for oil will only get much worse unless we do something about it. There's no conspiracy in the fact that we are dependent on oil and theres a lot of money to be made with it. There's been much worse oil disasters before this in other countries and you havnt given a damn. As consumers now you should be looking for solutions not pointing the blame because really it ends up looking at you in the mirror. The USA kills people for oil and now you care more about some fish and dolphins like you belong to greenpeace than your own kind. O the poor fisherman that can't survive this oil spill. They kill the fish to feed to ypu. My shimp is going to double in price. My vacation holiday will be ruined. The price of driving my car will go up. It's all karma people. Get used to it. Because you are the real problem. The earth is going to shake us off like a bad case of the fleas . George carlin.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
You can't be right because this bad news has been stated by guests on the alex jones show and since verified.

You know just because alex jones has been right most of the time, as well as some of the guests he hosts that is no reason to listen to him
or just because you are right, to you

someone had to say it
F AND S

normally I would agree with you however there are too many factors outside of the Alex Jones show that are confirming exactly how bad this oil spill is. Considering I have heard some sources able to describe it in a unit of measurement they call "Exxon-Valdez", previously the worst oil spill/ecological disaster, I wouldn't take it lightly.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by lizardman
this is it is probably karma for the consumers to suffer through

no it's a horrible disaster happening to animals that did nothing to deserve such a mess

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oneolddude

I am sure Gore's $400 million wealth is heavily invested in the companies that are doing it.

kinda hard to deny ignorance when you're just pulling statistics and facts out of your ass

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Things are only bad when caused by Americans.
When horrific things happen to Americans, even to tens of millions of normal, everyday people just trying to get by, then its "no big deal."

See how that works?

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   
So OP do you have supporting facts that this in fact a ELE? Are there species RIGHT NOW that have gone extinct because of this event?
Lets put this in to context. (not trying to belittle the OP's opinion of this disaster, just trying to put perspective on this)
As of right now the animal death toll that we know of is:
679 dead birds
296 dead turtles
37 mammals
www.nola.com...

In comparison the Valdez our other most catastrophic environmental disaster:
35,000 dead birds (estimated to actually be 250,000 but most sank to the bottom of the sea bed)
1,000 sea otters (2,800 estimated again)
300 harbor seals
250 bald eagles
22 killer whales
and billions of salmon and herring eggs.
www.cbsnews.com...

I'm just not seeing the Extinction level event transpiring here, the same measures were taken (dispersants, surfactants and solvents, mechanical cleanup etc.) Granted we will not know the full extent of the damage until 1. the leak is stopped and 2. full cleanup is made.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by brutalsun
So OP do you have supporting facts that this in fact a ELE? Are there species RIGHT NOW that have gone extinct because of this event?
Lets put this in to context. (not trying to belittle the OP's opinion of this disaster, just trying to put perspective on this)
As of right now the animal death toll that we know of is:
679 dead birds
296 dead turtles
37 mammals
www.nola.com...

In comparison the Valdez our other most catastrophic environmental disaster:
35,000 dead birds (estimated to actually be 250,000 but most sank to the bottom of the sea bed)
1,000 sea otters (2,800 estimated again)
300 harbor seals
250 bald eagles
22 killer whales
and billions of salmon and herring eggs.
www.cbsnews.com...

I'm just not seeing the Extinction level event transpiring here, the same measures were taken (dispersants, surfactants and solvents, mechanical cleanup etc.) Granted we will not know the full extent of the damage until 1. the leak is stopped and 2. full cleanup is made.

I can't provide the proof because those facts are being hidden and won't be available for who knows how long. But if you want to base your argument on valdez, then think about this.
The deepwater spill is releasing an equal amount of oil to the valdez spill every 7 days. Now... How long has it been now? Let's just say several valdezspills are now in the gulf. So multiply your valdez Death toll by 3 4 5 and so on because this leak isn't stopping anytime soon. Every week is another valdez in the gulf. Clearly this is heading to extinction level for some if not all life in the gulf or further. Its very possible. Especially with a 1/5 volume of the gulf already poisoned.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   
So how many species became extinct after Ixtoc I - which was pumping up to 30,000 barrels of oil per day into the Gulf of Mexico for 10 months in 1979/80?

Okay, there is more oil this time, but even so. It's a major environmental disaster but not a unique one and it's one we can and will clear up in time.

[edit on 17-6-2010 by Essan]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by kadyr80

Totally agree with you. The fact is, do your freaking research before coming in the forums and posting arbitrary posts on what you think. People are suffering. People are losing sight in the belief that our Gubment is going to do something, as it has not - thus far.

I'm so tired (as I have mentioned in a previous post), that the Cattle seem to be running around saying that it's not big deal, when in fact, it's a HUGE and almost inconceivable outcome that will surely last for MANY...and i say MANY - (one more), years, if not decades that we will be able to fix what truly has happened.

All we got right now is a media blackout. People are being gagged for information that they are putting out. What does it take for you to realize that there was, I believe a 20 billion dollar escrow setup? Do you realize that is a HUGE amount of money, and that just the tip of the iceberg. It doesn't end there.

Let's take the Presidential Address and put a gleaming light on that! What did Osama Obama say? He said ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in regard to the devastation that is taking place right now. He said nothing on the pollutants that they are spraying over rural areas that are putting people at of severe health regression.

People visit these forums to look for truth! Please come to these forums to look for answers! And we have the Cattle that come in here down-playing what is being done, with an under-minding positioning notion to prove or debunk TRUTH!!!!

There is a hidden-agenda that NO ONE can prove otherwise. Look at the posts! Look at the FACTS that have been laid out!

I'm so very exhausted of people spewing their arbitrary comments on what they "think", as opposed to what is FACT.

God Bless the people in AL, LA, MS, FL, and all other states that are getting prepared for the worse to come.

It's not over for a long shot. READ...and read the PROOF behind what's going on before spewing your simplistic comments on - What you think!

Stop being Monkey's and look for the truth. Do your research, as I have done.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by super genius
so OP, you think this has the potential to destroy earth?
i mean couldnt i accidently step on a worm, that would have been food for a frog, but since i killed the worm the frog straves to death. and since that frog never reaches maturity, he missed out on the chance to be food for some french dude, who as a result, orders chicken one night for dinner, since there was no frog that day, sicne he starved 3 weeks ago, he then chockes to death ona bone int eh chicken and never meets his future wife, whow as to give birth tot eh only human alive who could come up with teh solution to this oil spill, or perhaps, some other future catastrophic event. and since hes never born, no oen will figure out how to stop that comet from destroying eath in 2034.
too many variables , you cant ever say this oil leak is a big deal, becasue really, much worse hings have happened to earth and yet, were still here.
stop fearmongering.

You my friend have not taken the appropriate steps in looking into the scientific data presented (SEE THE POSTS...the PROOF... on what's going on down there.

Have they even mentioned one time about the hired in security firm? No. Have you channeled up to MSN, Fox, CNN, and seen ANYTHING on this? I guess not. So spare yourself the embarrassment and Search for the Truth, as you seem to be looking for your agenda to speak incompetence.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   
WHO THE FUDGE IS SAYING THIS SPILL ISN'T A BIG DEAL?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join