It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Message for all the Apathetic People on ATS Posting that the spill isn't a Big Deal

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
The reason that there are people for whom this oil spill is not a big deal, is because there are people who due to their narcissism and solipsism, view only THEMSELVES as a big deal (and to hell with the environment, the people's way of life, the suffering and destruction of all the wildlife etc). IT IS A FRICKEN BIG DEAL to those with an ounce of humanity!

[edit on 16-6-2010 by whatsup]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Hello welcome to the real world where stuff like this happens ALL THE TIME. Some of us are just use to it and accept the fact things like this happen. We also realize the world doesn't stop spinning because of it.

A few thousand fish and birds die does that change my day? Not in the least, how many cows and chickens do you think are slaughtered for food a day?

Oil in the ocean? OH NO IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD! hardly. You are making a MUCH bigger deal out of this than should be. It'll take some time to clean up, but hey life goes on. When the leak is fixed everyone will go on with their life as usually. It's people like OP screaming the world is coming to an end which disgusts me.

I suggest you get a grip on reality and get the hell over it child. The world isn't sunshine and lollipops!

[edit on 16-6-2010 by Gakus]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
O wait.... your not talking about IDIOTS like this, are you?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 16-6-2010 by xX aFTeRm4Th Xx]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
ALL of man-kind is going to suffer....EVERY sea creature will suffer...anyone with an iota of common sense HAS to know, this gusher from deep beneath the sea floor is 99% unstoppable!!! The OP spoke what i have been thinking since DAY 1...this is the event that will/is changing our planet in a way that will NEVER be repaired!!!! This is a passionate topic and we have to DEMAND answers...i can only feel sorry for paid trolls or insensitive louses who have the nerve to brush this "spill" off as "no big deal"....i can only fool myself into thinking that "they have a mental disability" or are just plan INSANE!

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Underworlds

Then show us, make the unbelievers believe.

I know in my heart Mother Earth has been violeted, but if you are down there, show us.

Make the skeptics believe.

People only seem to believe when they are shown a picture.

Words carry little or no meaning.

[edit on 16-6-2010 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by sylph16
ALL of man-kind is going to suffer....EVERY sea creature will suffer...anyone with an iota of common sense HAS to know, this gusher from deep beneath the sea floor is 99% unstoppable!!! The OP spoke what i have been thinking since DAY 1...this is the event that will/is changing our planet in a way that will NEVER be repaired!!!! This is a passionate topic and we have to DEMAND answers...i can only feel sorry for paid trolls or insensitive louses who have the nerve to brush this "spill" off as "no big deal"....i can only fool myself into thinking that "they have a mental disability" or are just plan INSANE!

This is exactly what proves my point.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I can see why people would say it's just an oil spill because it doesn't affect them but it is already a disaster of epic proportions and won't just go away. Great thread

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by kadyr80

I live off the gulf coast and I see the devastation occurring here! Most American's I think are very unaware that this disaster will effect them as well. Toxic chemicals, gases and oil will not only pollute the gulf waters and the Atlantic but it will pollute the air and the rains that fall on American, doing untold harm to this country that we call home! All American's must cry out in protest of not being told the truth and for not using all our government resources to stop the oil from continuing to pump into our beautiful Gulf Of Mexico.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

The majority of people are short sighted, they don't see the train until it's barring right down upon them.

This affects all of us.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by kadyr80

S&F!!! Great Post.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Hey, small people, it's all okay now, they have apologized.

Oh course, I doubt this changes what they think about ya'll, but at least they apologize for saying so.

The only way to make BP pay now is to make THEM pay, not YOU. Boycott BP!

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mike Stivic
im starting to think that this influx of "its not so bad"posts are either coming from paid DIA or just disturbed citizens who are trolling for flags and stars..im still on the fence deciding which

~meathead

Definitely both.

We know 'they' are here in this forum trying to downplay the death of the oceans.

We also know there are plenty of soul less persons running rampant in this world ... otherwise things never would have come to this.

But there are those of us who have evolved to the understanding of the oneness of all life. We have to rise above the anger we feel for our friends of a different belief. We have to use this energy in more positive ways. Or else we will be contributing more energy to the problem instead of to a solution.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by kadyr80

Richard Hoagland chimes in will real data points. This is much more than an oil spill. projectavalon.net...

They finally did it. They (TPTB) finally F'd up so badly that not even there bought and paid for media can hide this one.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
We need to ask BP's drones to stop posting on this site. Shouldn't they be off doing what they do best;terrorizing the beaches and blocking media access. Below is a link to how destructive this spill is to wildlife. Suck it BP.
dailydeadbirds.com...

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
All I can say is that.. just wait for the first major hurricane of the season .. we will look back on this time as "the good times" .. It's impossible to clean the oil before a storm hits, and being the end of an El Nino year, the hurricane season will be a strong one.. I can only hope that we are spared one, but if a hurricane does hit the gulf ... the implications are staggering. The churning of the water alone even far away from the storm will force oil under and over barriers, into wetlands, far beyond where it's currently reaching.

Hopefully then, if such a travesty occurs, there will be truly genuine outrage.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Wow. You guys sure spend a lot of energy being mad at people who have nothing to do with the problem.

So what if someone chooses to be positive.

What's funny to me is you think someone gets paid to say 'think good thoughts'

Maybe I think YOU get paid to be a negative, anal jerk on the internet...

Seriously. Go get mad at Congress. Or BP. Or your mom.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Apathetic People? I encounter them everyday.

Also hostile people.

I work with environmental and industrial things - nothing too exotic - nothing like this oil spill.

But I get various attitudes day in and day out. I must be a Hippie Tree Hugger! I'm some Left Wing Loony!

Oh but then - when the filth is discovered on their property - oh ho - they sing a different tune.

Then they are begging for help.

(I am a geek/tech person who could care less about politics, just so you know. I am in this biz for use of education - I would really *like* to hug trees and owls, believe me. As it is - I'm the one keeping you from blowing yourselves up, poisoning yourselves, and mundane things like that.) (Yes. Ignorance exists from the small biz owner, to the multi national corporation.) I fear blind ignorance more than I fear "plots".

You can witness such attitudes right here on this site - I saw one poster say in the same breath (I'm paraphrasing here) - 'The GOV needs to FIX this now! ' then the person went on to complain about 'All the damned enviro regs'. HEAD DESK!

It's funny, people seem to know not to crap in the sink they draw water from, they seem to 'get' that one ought to maintain their car so the engine doesn't seize up, but for some reason - they believe that Big Business should not be hampered by such concerns.

I don't get it.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
This spill isn't going away any time soon, and with each passing day, I think about the Hopi prophecy.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
All I can say is that.. just wait for the first major hurricane of the season ..

Yeah, and once all that oil is pushed up on shore by such a storm, imagine lightening igniting it all .. or some idiot with a road flare and a score to settle with humanity. And, imagine if a big bubble of methane is released at the same time these fires are raging around the gulf.

Makes me ill just looking at all them people down there trying to clean up that mess too. Imagine the negative health consequences that will be plaguing these workers for years to come too .. assuming they survive what's yet to come. And they are risking their health and lives for what? A measly $12 or whatever an hour they are being paid? That's crap money for that kind of work. Even I've not made so little per hour since the early 80's, and I'd certainly not do that kind of risky work for that kind of stinking pay. Those poor people devastated by all this now having to endure clean up of all this.

Obama should demand the British send their military over here to clean up the gulf coast.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
One thing to note is that this is not the biggest oil spill in history...yet.

envirowonk.com...

520 million gallons were spilled in the first gulf war.

Just to clear something up, this is not an oil spill! This is an oil leak, that no one knows how long it will last, until they have an idea of how much oil lay there, or how they can stop it! 2ndly, thanks for the link, I'm from Trinidad and didn't even know we had a major spillage in 1979(a good several years before I was born).

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join