It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Message for all the Apathetic People on ATS Posting that the spill isn't a Big Deal

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by kadyr80

Any who don't think so or don't care, well, go **** yourself, because you are quite simply IGNORANT APATHETIC FOOLS.

You know I get it, but with the quote, you made YOURSELF look like the ignorant fool.

There's no need to insulting or deragatory to get your message across. There's another forum for that, it's called GLP.

Although I agree that people should be taking this thing VERY seriously, your not going about it in the best of ways...

~Keeper

[edit on 6/16/2010 by tothetenthpower]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   

reply to post by DaMod

I'd like to point that he even admits to owning 50 thousand dollars of BigPoluter stock. Let's do our best to discredit the disinfo posters.

He wants to downplay this disaster? Great! In that case, I sincerely hope he does hold shares of BP. Hopefully, he bought those shares before the short investors dove into the fun. Before this is all over, his $50k of holdings might be worth $50.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by kadyr80

Any who don't think so or don't care, well, go **** yourself, because you are quite simply IGNORANT APATHETIC FOOLS.

Who the feck do you think you are talking too ???

just because people don't happen to agree with some of what your saying does not give you the right to call people, en-mass fools so wake up buddy boy and start acting your age.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I think with many of us, it's not downplaying this event, it's the hysteria and flat out fiction that is happening in these threads.

Like -

"40 Million People To Be Evacuated"

"Oil Disaster Will Be End Of Life As We Know It"

"***SECRET BONE CHILLING – EPA Gulf of Mexico LIVE & DEATH Report***"

"Cloud of Death followed by Tsunami traveling at 400-600 MPH "

"This is an extinction level event. BP = Broken Planet"

I think those thread titles are self explanatory. This is not good discussion of what I agree is a horrible catastrophe. It's also fodder for the paranoid delusions and the fear merchants on blogs peddling this garbage.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

Yeah...maybe not yet...let's hope it doesn't get to that level. Thing is in the Gulf War the oil hit sand and the air when they burned the wells. Water and the water ecosystems don't recover as rapidly.

The latest estimates go up to a max of 60,000 barrels per day. Times 42 gallons? Over 2.5 million gallons a day. So so far this could be in the neighborhood of 112 million gallons at the high range. If we're getting any truth here. (By the way, the Gulf of Mexico contains about 650,000,000,000,000,000 (650 quadrillion) gallons.)

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Opening post changed due to mods removal thanks to my vehement agression towards downplayers of the event.

Its generally accepted that One Gallon of oil pollutes One Million Gallons of water.
www.nccwep.org...

So if 112 million gallons of oil or more have already gushed into the Gulf, then...

112,000,000,000,000,000 gallons of 643,000,000,000,000,000 gallons of water in the Gulf are now poisoned. Maybe more. Probaly more. Lots more. So at the least, almost 1/5 the waters of the Gulf are already poisoned, probably more like 1/3...

And none of this conversation even adresses the 8x more natural gas than oil erupting from the well....

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
First off people need to get some perspective. Getting arsy because people are using the phrase Oil Spill is ridiculous. The modern definition of an oil spill is Definition.

The fact that YOUR government (the US Government) is so full of Bull Chit and giving out information that even a seven year old would question, is a result of the US public's irreverence to anything that does not affect their trips to Wall-mart, Dairy Queen and the Mall.

For years the world has been crying out, shouting out even that corporate America is raping the planet with no regard for man, beast or the earth itself. Now it is happening on your shore line and all of a sudden, we need clean renewable energy and damn those evil Brits for drilling a hole in our sea floor.

Two of the three companies involved are American; BP (Beyond Petroleum - for those who are concerned about the environmental effects rather than the political points they can score) is as good as 50% American. Lets not also forget that Lamar McKay, the American chairman of BP America! is in charge of this fiasco!

Before you complain about someone's actions, consider first why they might be behaving in such a way!

Personally I agree with you, this is an unmitigated disaster which should be dealt with as such; instead we have (you have) an administration that can only be described as Bat **** Crazy. They have done nothing to clean up this mess, they seem to be going as slow as possible. There is obviously criminality here and worst of all it is starting to look like they are about to nuke the damn thing NUKE IT BABY.

It is getting close to the point where you "the people of the US" will have to go out onto the street d strike like they did in Poland. Everyone refuses to go to work shut down the Gulf Coast until they start to actually do something. if you don't and you all just wait to see what happens then you have no right to complain. it's like the people who say "Yeah I don't vote no point" and then spend the next four years bitching about the people they did not vote for or against.

Get organised, get on the streets & get some action!

[edit on 16-6-2010 by theregonnakillme]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by theregonnakillme

Agree with all you said except the last paragraph and final line...

For the rest of the kill BPers, Hypocrisy thy name is eco warrior. Those computers and laptops you type your disdain with aren't made of hemp people. Its going to be a long summer of oilocalypse and eco threads...

Perhaps a button to omit oil threads mods????

[edit on 16-6-2010 by strangleholder1]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by kadyr80

You also have to factor in that petroleum degrades after being dispersed in salt water. After about 70 days it degrades to a non-toxic form and naturally occurring microbes clean up the rest. That is why the oil from the natural seeps is barely even known.

The oil making its way to the East Coast or other countries is a media and Internet contrived myth.

Yes, this a horrible thing that will hurt many innocent people and harm the environment for many years to come. Reality though is what must be taken into account to clean it up. Hysteria and misinformation is never helpful.

BP is criticized for not being up front along with Obama, but the other side making outlandish claims is just as wrong. The facts are bad enough without the threads I listed above.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

No not yet.. but about half way there (based on 100,000 bbl/day). The main difference is that is was easy to stop the oil flow, but not the case in the Gulf.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by kadyr80

By the way. I'm not seeing many of the apathetic posts your talking about. There are some attempts to bring facts and logic into the discussion. Is that what you mean?

I've only seen one post that fits your complaint by a stockholder who is being unrealistic. Is that what you are answering, or is it people who are trying to work from facts and avoid hysteria and fiction?

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by kadyr80

I just discovered your Boycott BP thread. You are aware the BP Stations are not owned by BP? That it will only hurt innocent local owners? That the vandalism is only hurting innocent people? You do know that?

Also, bankrupting BP means that the victims will not be compensated. Is that your desire? You really thought this through, or are you just mad and acting on adrenalin instead of clear thinking?

BP is not the Executives that screwed up and caused this mess. It is also the shareholders who have their retirements involved. Or do you hate them also?

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I would like to point out a bandwagon like thought...

I'm getting sick of reading about how this is everyone's fault.

It isn't. The so called powers that be forced us to be a fossil fuel/oil based economy. Otherwise, electric cars would've been common 100 years ago.

In my opinion, this is largely J.P. Morgan's fault when he told Tesla to go pound sand.

I did not choose to power my house with fossil fuels and oil. SOMEONE ELSE made that decision for me, forcing me to now figure out a way AROUND it.

Just please stop with the whole "this is everyone's fault" thing. Please.

[edit on 16-6-2010 by guavas]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

To some of your points:

I don't feel that it is in anyway possible to bankrupt BP with simple boycotting, it is far to big and powerful. I do know that it is the business owner who suffers but its the message to BP that matters.
Personally, I will never do business with BP related companies again, but that is my choice.

Also, when the Exxon Valdez tanker spilled, that was waaaay les oil, and its been 20 or so years, and Valdez Alaska is still suffering from it. Your 70 days info is flawed a bit in the big picture.

I'm not a kill BPer, don't get me wrong, and I do know that the US is the single biggest threat to the world at all of us in it, whether it be pollution or the idiots in charge. I don't believe in this country anymore, and it's people are worse than sheep. I don't support BP now, though, and I won't.

There are several on here downplaying the disaster though, one is in the top 4 on the home page today. That is the one who sparked the most outrage today.

People and science don't know half what they think they know, and the info the msm and gov't and bp are letting out is purely PR and not the truth.

The point of my thread was not to spark argument or point fingers, but to express opinion against the "whats the big deal?" and "so what?" crowd.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   

To some of your points:

I don't feel that it is in anyway possible to bankrupt BP with simple boycotting, it is far to big and powerful. I do know that it is the business owner who suffers but its the message to BP that matters.
Personally, I will never do business with BP related companies again, but that is my choice.

So you don't care if you hurt innocent people for no reason other than misdirected anger?

Also, when the Exxon Valdez tanker spilled, that was waaaay les oil, and its been 20 or so years, and Valdez Alaska is still suffering from it. Your 70 days info is flawed a bit in the big picture.

No, my info is correct. I go to Valdez often. We sometimes get radicals up here with money from the lower 48. They dig and dig until they find a little bit of something that looks like oil, when in fact its no longer toxic. We also have many radicals who live here who think lying is justified.

I'm not a kill BPer, don't get me wrong, and I do know that the US is the single biggest threat to the world at all of us in it, whether it be pollution or the idiots in charge. I don't believe in this country anymore, and it's people are worse than sheep. I don't support BP now, though, and I won't.

BP is the stockholders. The Executives caused this mess. They need to be held accountable. The company needs to be cleaned up,not taken down.

Actually China and India are the biggest threats, so do you give them a pass. The pollution in China is horrendous and the East of China is under a nearly permanent cloud of brown smog. We will clean this up. China does not care.

There are several on here downplaying the disaster though, one is in the top 4 on the home page today. That is the one who sparked the most outrage today.

I saw that also and figured that was what this was about.

People and science don't know half what they think they know, and the info the msm and gov't and bp are letting out is purely PR and not the truth.

People are most certainly lying. A government can not lie, but our elected officials can. Damn them, not the country. The country is you and I.

BP can not lie either. Their leaders can. They should be put in stocks in the public square when it is determined just who caused this mess.

The point of my thread was not to spark argument or point fingers, but to express opinion against the "whats the big deal?" and "so what?" crowd.

It was to spark debate. Nothing wrong with that. I'm just participating in the discussion. I like debate which is what I see ATS as being about. Arriving at logical decisions based on facts.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Underworlds

I couildn't agree with you more. There are many people who are down playing this spill. The President commented yesterday that the fish and other sea food in the Gulf are safe to eat. Does the man think we are all stupid! I would like to get fish and sea food from the area and feed it to him and his family. Letting him know, of course, where it came from. I don't think he would eat it.

I am so angered by this event I can't even watch it anymore as BP continues to make excuses.

Watching picture of the Pelicans and other birds blinded and dying just rips at my heart.

If we kill the ocean we kill ourselves. Think about that, then tell me this is not a big deal

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I personally feel that the Gulf of Mexico is finished , the leaks can't be stopped , many lives are ruined , the wild life is ruined , this is only going to get worse.....Somebody needs to step up to BP and the Government push them out of the way and let other oil company's take a shot at it , maybe they have better ideas that might work.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Well I definately respect your views, and I agree on several points, and I wish I could agree completely about the dissipation of the oil. I hope you are right about it. Truely I am quite concerned for the impact that this may cause.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by kadyr80

I'm with you on hoping for the best. We are not far apart.

What a boring place this would be if we sat around agreeing with each other all day.

Have a great day

[edit on 6/16/2010 by Blaine91555]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
This does appear to be a real end game scenario. The Gulf sea bed collapsing? Volcano's rising out of the Gulf? Billions of barrels of oil and VOC seeping into our Biosphere. It sounds like this could really spoil the planet for all but bacteria. I've also read many articles or 'posts' on ATS about aliens living on the planet, in caves, elaborate tunnels in the SW and also, in the oceans. My question is, where are the aliens? Can they help us? Does this problem overwhelm them also? Will they now be leaving in droves? I'm being serious! If this is a planet ending situation, and from the most recent posts, it does sound like this oil disaster is just that, can't we expect help from our more intelligent visitors? Will this give the government an opportunity to expose the cover ups and come out and ask for help?

If the aliens are real and do live here, they should be able to stop this...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join