It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Message for all the Apathetic People on ATS Posting that the spill isn't a Big Deal

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
After big 1979 spill, a stunning recovery
www.newsobserver.com...=misearch

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by kadyr80

Claps for you!
Good Job! And much better put than your last thread you made!
Its not easy to write such a passionate thread, without going a little overboard! Its one of the main reasons why I have not made any threads, or posted to much.. Its to easy to get baited into a flame WAR, or just simply say something while you are heated!

This is a BIG deal! And there are those out here who really don't give a hoot! Or just claim, its just an oil spill, get over it!
While some even claim, I do not live near the shore, so its not my problem!

It does hurt my feelings to know there are such people who just don't give a damn!!
This oil spill is SUCH a BIG deal that it needs alot more attention, and alot more work to get down to the nitty gritty!

Thanks for your help.. And your well chosen words!

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by kadyr80

I don't give people respect who tell me I and everyone else is not entitled to their own opinion. I don't give respect to someone who is so angry because I choose to have my own opinion that they want to lash out at me.
You have not given one fact toward your case. You just spewed out emotions.
Everything else you talked about is nothing but talking points from the
environmental left.
I give plenty of respect to the situation this spill has put us in,but trust me when I say It has absolutely NOTHING to do with anything you have said.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by kadyr80

I think you will find that this is a perfect example of running out of oil. Peak oil means we are out of the stuff that is easy to get. The more difficult stuff is is what we are after now. You should start growing some vegetables in your garden!!!

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Mike Stivic

TROLLS FOR FLAGS AD STARS!!! YOU ARE CORRECT FREIND!

[edit on 17-6-2010 by triplescorpio]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
This disaster is about a lot more than just money.
You know that there are secret societies running the world. You know they do rituals to access other dimensional beings. Some call them reptillians, some call them demons, but whatever they are, they exist. They are what the Bible calls the fallen angels, and they live in a dimension slightly denser than ours. They think that this planet is theirs, and they want to make it impossible for our collective soul group to continue to incarnate here. Humans are peaceful creatures. It's the religion that is based on the worship of these creatures that creates the strife. They like to stir us up against each other, and enough of us have their genetic material that we are also capable of thinking like a reptile. (rh negative and the Basques)
So, what is the big secret about the cross in their religion. (and I don't mean the religion that follows Y'eshua, I mean the Sun God religion which uses the cross as their symbol, which is why ancient Romans would hang people on one. It's the cross you see on a Templar flag, and the cross you saw on inaugeration day, with the perfect white "gift" with the red cross ribbon. Signals, always signals with this crowd. Pay attention and you'll , catch them telling on themselves.
So what does the cross stand for? The astro wheel? Well, sort of. What it really stands for is the alignment of our solar system to the Milky Way Galaxy. We are moving into the equator of the Milky Way. On Dec 21, 2012, our sun will hit the very center of the ecliptic of the Milky Way. Then we enter the southern hemisphere, so to speak, of the Milky Way. Will everything turn to spin in the other direction, starting with our sun and maybe even our atoms?
There is ample evidence of ancient pole shifts. (Mastadon with tropical food in mouth fast frozen in Antartica) The big secret being passed down by these secret societies involves the coming cross of our solar system to the Milky Way, and the catastrophies that usually occur at these crossings. All the esoteric wisdom is telling us this story, as a warning. The warning is protected by the elite for themselves. They are building underground cities and they are sacking us for all they can in the meantime.
The Bible says that the rich will be throwing their gold at the walls of their caves. Perhaps their plan will backfire on them when the tectonic plates shift by the strong magnetic pull that will result from passing into the southern hemishpere of the Milky Way.
They take their orders from other dimensional "gods" who hate humanity and really want to destroy our beautiful planet.
My only hope is that I saw all of this in the Bible in 1979 when I read it for the first time, so that means God will intercede and we will be able to clean this up eventually.
I love Revelation where it says that He will come back and destroy those who have been destroying the land.
There is no way to understand what is going on without understanding the occult aspect of the story. BP are Satanists, Luciferians. The Masons who run our country are Luciferians. They think that Lucifer is the real son of god, no kidding. Lucifer is just a created being as we are, and has no actual power. Only the Creator has actual power, and we are lucky to have incarnated in a time when we get to see this power of God in all of it's Glory. selah!

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
There is another cross involved in this story. Right now is a big grand cross in the sky with the outer planets all lined up at the begining of the Cardinal signs: Capricorn (Pluto) Aries (Uranus conjunct Jupiter) Saturn (soon to re enter Libra) and the Sun approaching Cancer on the Solstice. On the 26th is the full moon, with the Moon in Capricorn right on Pluto and the sun opposite it in Cancer. There will be an eclipse and a comet.
Did you hear about Obama tapping Ray Mabus? Mabus? and a comet?
holy Nostradamas, batman!
The planets were given to us for signs and seasons.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by kadyr80

A Message for all the Apathetic People on ATS Posting that the spill isn't a Big Deal

I will believe the sincerety of the op when the apathetic contributors who support and reinforce the institutions that promote such a spill, stop creating the circumstances that result in such a spill.

if i dumped 100,000,000 gallons of crude anywhere could i expect an invite to the white house and some private time with the president, or would i get arrested, or even ticketed for littering?

if your actions, behaviors and voting demonstrate a love affair with a system that is anti-environment proven already, then....

the spill is only as big as the actions one individual is willing to perform in order to no longer burden a system of institutions that perform anti-home actions and behaviors.

how big is this spill really?
how much will america spend in oil alone in support of wars overseas, compared to how much america will spend in oil alone cleaning up this oil leak? there is your answer to how big the oil spill is according to americans and their choices to spend what on what. isn't their money trail an appropriate way to measure their intentions and priorities?

just some thoughts,
ET

[edit on 17-6-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   
This leak has differences from all other leak/spills that I have heard of. The amount of dispersants being used is likely in the millions of gallons already with no end in sight. Greater amounts than ever used before. It caused chronic health problems for some of the cleanup workers from Exxon-Valdez. The toxicity tests for Corexit had wildly varied results from different tests groups. So we do not even know with certainty just how toxic it is. Toxic enough to be banned in some countries. The long term effects of such heavy use on the eco-system are yet to be determined for the GOM or those humans exposed to it.

The leak itself may never be sealed. It’s very likely the casing down the bore hole is damaged. If/when it becomes too damaged the well will no longer be able to be sealed by any usual means. Erosion is damaging it more and more all the time. The amount of gas coming from the leak increases the erosion by orders of magnitude. So it is a race with the relief wells versus the casing/blow-out-preventer being destroyed/unusable. I have no great confidence the wells will win. Lets hope they do.

If not the leak could go on for years until the reservoir is emptied. Current estimates of the oil remaining are in the 2-6 billion gallon range. We could be facing the release of 20-200 times more oil than what has occurred so far.

Huge amounts of methane are being released. This causes oxygen depletion and is a powerful contributor to global warming. Very large releases of methane hydrate have contributed to mass extinctions in the past. Is it likely to do so now? NO, but the gas contributes greatly to global warming for over a 100 years. Do we really need to add to the environmental problems the future generations will face? I think not.

So we very easily could be looking at record releases of oil, methane, and dispersants into the environment. But it’s no big deal right?
Who do you work for?

Methane release news report
www.washingtonpost.com...

[edit on 18-6-2010 by ovelaset]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by OptimusPrimate

Annnnnnd once again any alternative/non sensationist opinion is almost ignored completely....

I feel like I'm in a field of 'englightened' sheeples right now.

Go america - yawn.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I've starred a couple posts so far. I'm not leaning toward(s) the ELE thoughts yet, but some things do make me think. I read an article today which went into methane amounts released (this leak is comprised of 40% methane, other deposits contain 5% typically) which deplete oxygen and will create large dead zones. I've seen Blaine mention that oil degrades to the point of being nontoxic after 70 days (which depends on microbes to break it down), I just wonder how long will it take without the necessary microbes? What would be the impact be on the Atlantic with the natural currents that take the Gulf Waters up the Eastern US seaboard? How large is this oil field (projected yield in barrels)? If no countermeasures work, how long would it take to deplete the entire source?
And to let everyone know that I'm sincerely trying to be sensible, I've got a vacation condo in Panama City Beach Florida in September (which has a clause stating if the beach is closed, I'll be immediately refunded)

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Soooo, what is going to happen when every inch of Gulf coast real estate is rendered un-liveable. I am also of the opinion this is going to have disastrous consequences beyond just the environment.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by hollyavila

I have to ask you some questions. How many people working for BP do you know? If you do know any how well do you know them? Can you give me some direct evidence that these people are satanists?

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Might want to talk to the President and see if he can stop campaigning long enough to do something about it.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by kadyr80

I have noticed animals acting peculiarly,I live in florida,I wonder what's going on since I live on the other side.

I hope I am just being hyper-aware and am just over-interpreting normal activities by the animals I have noticed...

But I think I will just leave instead.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
So tell me Kaydyr80, you are so upset by this extinction event unfolding before your very eyes... what are YOU doing about it? Have you packed up the kids and made a break for higher ground? Have you taken time off of work and instead of a vacation, you've volunteered time and helped clean up some of the polluted beaches? No, you're on the computer crying about the world ending.

It's simple, crap or get off the pot.

I hear this hold hands, lovey dovey, earth mother tripe, but I have yet to actually see any of you fools on the beach picking up tarballs or dead birds. It sums up the hippy movement for me... all talk, no go. You want to make a difference? DO SOMETHING. Talk is cheap.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by kadyr80

This is the problem. The people who downplay this look at it as if your pouring lemon juice into pitcher to make lemonade, and stirring it too disperse.

It doesn't work this way.

I will tell you why this is a disaster in the making:

• 80% of the nation’s coastal wetlands loss is occurring on Louisiana’s coast.
• Louisiana’s wetlands host one of the largest seafood nurseries in the nation.
• Louisiana’s wetlands host millions of migratory birds on their path through the Americas.
• The coastal wetlands and barrier islands are the natural line of defense against hurricanes and storm surges.
• 70% of Louisiana’s citizens live in this southern, coastal zone.
• Estimates indicate that every 2.7 miles of wetlands can absorb almost one foot of storm surge flooding, creating a natural buffer of protection for coastal communities.
• The continued loss of this natural buffer has led to massive land and marsh loss during tropical storms and minor hurricanes. A Category 3 or larger hurricane could result in another national catastrophe.

forthebayou.org...

If the oil were able to saturate the entire Gulf, it would cease to be a problem at that point, because the environmental catastrophe would be gone.

Many animals that live in other habitats use wetlands for migration or reproduction. For example, herons nest in large old trees, but need shallow areas in order to wade for fish and aquatic life. Amphibians often forage in upland areas but return to the water to mate and reproduce

link

Just kill the wetlands and you can destroy any ecosytem on land and sea. They are sanctuaries for the majority of animals that exist. It is a nursery.

The oil doesn't have to disperse through the Gulf, it can do all the damage it needs to just on the shore.

As the fact stated above, Louisiana is the largest seafood nursery in the Nation.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Sad to say, I'm sure it's going to get worse with hurricane season coming, or at least more spread out doing more damage? I don't live in that area of the country anymore, so can't say I know much about besides what I read and seem, looks pretty bad and unstable.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

Hey Dream, and everyone esle that has given great insight here.
Considering all of the information that has been shared, it has fallen on deif ears
When it comes to critical information, Main stream Media slightly reports what has been going on for weeks, without real substance, What they tell me today... I knew 59 days ago..

For the most part, everyone here has confirmed this!

Be Wise
Be Well
Be There!

Jessemole!

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by loveonthelawn

After the major Exxon spill the oil companies worked a deal with congress and the president. They would only be liable for so much money for an accident and for that our federal govt. would have the right to tell them where to drill. So this has nothing to do with peak oil. BP wanted to drill in 500 feet of water. The federal govt. said no it is to close to shore. The govt. sent them to 5000 feet of water to drill.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join