It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Message for all the Apathetic People on ATS Posting that the spill isn't a Big Deal

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   
FINALLY!

someone said it right.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Super cool post, bro.
Gotta' love sensationalism, right?
You take a board full of fairly open-minded, regrettably sometimes gullible people and rile them up into a "Hell yeah!" attitude with some ignorant speech and you get a bunch of flags and stars.

I figured since you called all the apathetic folk out like they were idiots, I might point out the same.

If it makes you feel any better, your fears are unfounded.

You know how many gallons of oil were released into the Persian Gulf in GWI?
250 million. Which is two to three times the current amount we're talking with Deepwater, which at this point is about even with the Ixtoc spill which ALSO happened in the Gulf, in 1979.

You know how much oil was released into the ocean in GWI all together?

One. Billion. Gallons.

Please stop working this board into a frenzy with uneducated opinions and fear-mongering, it makes a mockery of everyone here, in addition to the website as a whole.

Oh, and here's a source for my argument:
Scientific American. Current issue. Page eighteen.

Additionally, another fun fact from the same issue:
380 million gallons of oil are released annually from human waste and activity. The ocean has been mistreated all to Hell, but it's survived so far. This won't be a tipping point. Well, maybe for environmentalists. But definitely not global well-being.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   
BP did not settle on a large enough amount of money to put into escrow. Tony Hayward had a grin on his face after his meeting at the WH. The thing is, they could still go bankrupt, which will certainly mean these people won't see their money, or not enough of it. I'm sorry if this has been posted already, I'm just waking up here this morning and see the video of it.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArtofWar
Life goes on, enough said.

Yes it will go on, and in time, the earth will heal.. but it will never be the same for many people.

I do not understand the sudden influx of posts attempting to desensitize the reality of this leak. And I do not understand why there are other posts insulting others on feeling upset about this. 11 people died .... not to mention all of the marine life and birds. If people were NOT feeling something about this, I would be really concerned for humanity.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by kadyr80

All of you doom and gloomers seem to be having a constant mental orgasm with this oh spill. Yes the spill is bad, but it is not likely to end the world. You are just trowing out random scenarios. I actually see much positive coming from this. It is uniting the people of the world against giant corporations. It is also making people more environmental cautious. Personally I don't believe this is as bad as alot of people are making it sound. A leak that will never stop?? really??

Well anyways,

good day.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Yes, this oil spilll is a huge tragedy, for all of life.

People who say "So what" are extremely ignorant.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Tragedy yes.
All of life, no.

Informed post, brah.
Hope to see more like it in the future, brah.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Nope, theres nothing short of nuking the earth that we can do to destroy it, nature will not let us, we won't die from this and 3 months on noone will be talking about it, sorry Amerika but if this happened anywhere else you'd be ignoring it, the rest of the world is doing the same, it's a non-event.
Hf with the cleanup!

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Pictures like this make you realize that the spill is more than just some seemingly far away blob on a map:

www.guardian.co.uk...

It's also a wake-up call to anyone who thinks it's "not so bad".

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Well,
you didn't care about the world since decades when U.S exploited all the world and filled your stomach, so that you became obese.
Now, "our planet, our world"? Maybe this comes again from the idea that you think U.S is the world?

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   
A few facts well put here.

ITS DELIBERATE
ITS FIXABLE
but
ITS ALL ABOUT THE CAP AND TRADE LEGISLATION and

take a look at who PERSONALLY PROFITS!!!!!!!

Gracious me!!!

OBAMAS
GORE
GOLDMAN SACHS
and the rest of the selfseeking greedy B..S.

Gulf and ordinary Americans and even Brits sacrificed for sheer UNMITIGATED GREED and POWER.

Excellent exposee!
At least scroll it down to the Chicago bit!!

northerntruthseeker.blogspot.com...

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by kadyr80
Opening post changed due to mods removal thanks to my vehement agression towards downplayers of the event.

Its generally accepted that One Gallon of oil pollutes One Million Gallons of water.
www.nccwep.org...

So if 112 million gallons of oil or more have already gushed into the Gulf, then...

112,000,000,000,000,000 gallons of 643,000,000,000,000,000 gallons of water in the Gulf are now poisoned. Maybe more. Probaly more. Lots more. So at the least, almost 1/5 the waters of the Gulf are already poisoned, probably more like 1/3...

And none of this conversation even adresses the 8x more natural gas than oil erupting from the well....

Oil and water don't mix...Anyone ever tell you what happens when you assume?

Name calling is also a proper way to get your point across, I'm sure your mother is proud of you as you most certainly have had showed her the same level of respect as those who disagree with your alarmist conclusions.

BTW...agression is spelled aggression, towards & downplayer are not words in the English language, probaly is spelled probably, and your fear of world wide extinction are unfounded!

[edit on 17-6-2010 by Niccawhois]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:06 AM
link   
anyway...

[edit on 17-6-2010 by deccal]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:12 AM
link   
So this thread is a personal attack on someone who thinks Americans are highly selective in what they consider a 'catastrophe'?

How typical....

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Y2Zgt

damn it ,,i was hoping for the end of the world....now i gotta w8 for something else....hahaha

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   

BTW...agression is spelled aggression, towards & downplayer are not words in the English language, probaly is spelled probably, and your fear of world wide extinction are unfounded!

Actually you are wrong with regards to 'towards', it is Old English but still very much accepted.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   
This thread has done a fantastic job of reminding me why no-one will shed any tears when America finally receives her due.... it's beyond shocking, it's quite simply sad.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by kadyr80

I totally agree that it terrible, I can't imagine the devistation..What I'm getting a little tired of is the fact that people on ATS are starting to literaly say that the entire world is fubar'ed because of the spill, I pray it doesn't spread mind you, but ther are plenty of other disasters that don't get anywhere near the same amount of exposure.......take the niger delta, countless oilspills in PEOPLES DRINKING WATER.

The Niger Delta:

The Citarum river in Indonesia:

Never mind the extreme amount of polution I witnessed first hand in China which wasn't due to an accident, but down to systematic abuse...the Yangzee river - it was literally dead.

Developed and undeveloped countries alike need to ween themselves off fossil fuels or these things are going to keep happening - the U.S is one of the top poluters in the world and largest consumers per capita of oil and energy - Invading souverign counties to supply that addiction, in my mind, is worse than drilling and spilling in your own back yard.

We are all versed in the agendas involved here....just remember why that rig was there in the first place, corruption? maybe, greed? probably demand? definitley.

[edit on 17-6-2010 by OptimusPrimate]

[edit on 17-6-2010 by OptimusPrimate]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by kadyr80

Most likely, this leak is unfixable. It could leak for long after all of us are dead and gone. It might go on to kill all life in the seas and worst case scenario, most life on earth through events it could set into motion.

My gut feelings tell me that your above statement is true.

And if we nuke the main leak area we could cause a collapse of a large area of the ocean floor or worse.

This leak has now been going on for 57 days, no end in sight.

What people chose not to acknowledge is that the oceans are the life blood of the planet, no healthy oceans = no life.

All life on this planet is intimately connected to our oceans, that is why earth is called a water planet.

Our oceans regulate our various climates, provided (past tense) food and even regulates our atmosphere. When you have hugh amounts of oil sitting on the surface, covering immense areas, it will eventually affect our air and weather drastically.

Personally, I think - my gut instincts tell me that possibly this time we have gone beyond the point of no return.

We may have pushed our luck too far this time and truely outsmarted ourselves.

All in the name of greed.

[edit on 17-6-2010 by ofhumandescent]

[edit on 17-6-2010 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by OptimusPrimate

Yep, good picture, proves that maybe this beautiful planet would be better off minus one species.

Man

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join