It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

22 hogs in one night: You're DEAD if your enemy has this scope

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Got to say I hated that video with the pig massacre. However, this is a thread about the scope, and I admit its nice. Coming from England, (and not from the countryside), I know sweet FA about guns and acc.
So is this the latest tech?
I mean I expected some kind of auto locking, heat seeking, lazer scope device that pops off rounds anywhere and finds the target. I think I have a mispent youth playing shoot em games!

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Can't watch it all.. I just wanna kill the guy shooting them.

F*cking humans!
I wish I had an eldar exarch aspect armour, I would play around with these guys, wound them.. torture them a little bit and then finish them off and leave them for my Hannibal Lecter style hogs.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I wouldn't be too concerned about the scope. At that price point, the number of potential buyers is quite limited.

As for the hogs, I guess I should feel sorry for them, but I don't. They're highly destructive to the natural habitat that native species rely on, they damage crops, and they destroy the nests, eggs and young of ground nesting birds. They're a major nuisance here in the south, to say the least.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
These people are sick, you could just hear the anticipatory excitement in that man's voice saying "He's only 30 yards away...don't mess around...take him...c'mon...take him, take him now....".

You people that hunt for sport, if any of you do, are a different breed.

Every ounce of me wants to get vulgar after seeing videos like that, it's not all about the intelligent hogs trying to survive and being picked off like fish in a bucket, but more listening to the people getting off to ending a life. Freaks I say.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
This post (and the attached video) is the epitome of everything that is wrong with our gun culture.

Yes, I'm a firearms owner and, without bragging, I keep my skills finely tuned. This isn't "sport" it's gratuitous killing.

Killing in self-defence is honorable. Killing just for "fun" is the hallmark of a psychopath.

Nice scope though and probably worth adding to my arsenal, but the OP should really seek some professional counselling regarding his sado-sexual tendencies!

[edit on 15-6-2010 by Tholidor]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
WOW! The guy in that video is so heroic, i mean if it wasnt for him those hogs may have taken over the world

We should try and stop the oil spil by filling it with idiots like him

[edit on 15-6-2010 by jonhplayer]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Subjective Truth
I am all for hunting but this in my eyes seems a little over the top. And mind you I love guns and hunting. Maybe it is just me?

its just you

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sikmike620
These people are sick, you could just hear the anticipatory excitement in that man's voice saying "He's only 30 yards away...don't mess around...take him...c'mon...take him, take him now....".

You people that hunt for sport, if any of you do, are a different breed.

Every ounce of me wants to get vulgar after seeing videos like that, it's not all about the intelligent hogs trying to survive and being picked off like fish in a bucket, but more listening to the people getting off to ending a life. Freaks I say.

Go take your medicine.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLaughingGod
Can't watch it all.. I just wanna kill the guy shooting them.

F*cking humans!
I wish I had an eldar exarch aspect armour, I would play around with these guys, wound them.. torture them a little bit and then finish them off and leave them for my Hannibal Lecter style hogs.

LOL are you serious? This just proves that ATS is populated by people who hate themselves and there own species.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneNationUnder
I bet these "hunters" feel so "big." They're such "men" for killing hogs.

Hey, here's a thought, trap them, and sell them to farmers who want / need them for food and what not.

Sorry this isn't hunting --night time, at long range? Where's the sport? The challenge? This isn't hunting. This is some idiot who has low self esteem and making himself feel so powerful. I bet he had a terrible childhood where people took "pot shots" at him all the time and this is his way at getting back at them, at least in his mind.

Whether he knows it or not, he's doing something along those lines.

Its legal and the state even supports such action...get the F over it. You peta morons are ridculous. i bet my bottom dollar the majority of you complaining about this would rather save a animal then another human being.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
the hunter in the video is not a good hunter.
a good hunter kills the animal with a chest hit, so there is no unecessary suffering.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
sick stuff…This is not what hunting is supposed to be about... this is not hunting .. this is a massacre.... why not just through a few grenades into the herd?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by icepack
a good hunter kills the animal with a chest hit, so there is no unecessary suffering.
He isn't a hunter.
The company exterminates vermin. It is a job, and it needs to be done.

There are no closed seasons on feral hogs in most of the States in which they are found, and for good reason.

They are an invasive species, they don't belong in this ecosystem. Just like rabbits in Australia.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by soleprobe

Its really NOT hunting, nor is it even supposed to be. In fact, many southern states have a policy aimed at outright eradication of feral hogs.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by icepack

The guys doing the shooting are not the professional hunter, they are just schlubs who've shelled out the dough to be part of the cull. And you're right, they are not very good shots. All of the shots were 150 meters and under (most are much shorter than that), which is point-blank range for a .308. They don't have to compensate for elevation or windage- just put the reticle dot on target and squeeze the trigger. .308 is overkill on these little hogs. I would imagine that caliber was selected by the guide to make up for the less-than-stellar shooting of his clients. On an animal that size, a hit with a .308 anywhere except the foot is likely to be instantly fatal- it is a heavy round.

Feral pigs are a big problem in the Southern US. They are the main reason for a lot of the recent "E-coli" recalls on produce. Pigs rooting around in and pooping on the crops. They are like rats, and need to be exterminated. These kills are not supposed to be "sporting". This particular video is more tame than most. I've seen a video of a guy in Texas who killed 40+ pigs in one night. He uses a pistol and a spear, but his favored method seemed to be stomping the pigs' heads into the mud and holding them there until they drowned.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoranceIsntBlisss
reply to post by Subjective Truth

They get paid by farmers to eliminate the "trespassing livestock" feral hogs. Hogs have no "rights". There is no "hog season". They aren't native. They're trespassing pests.

[edit on 15-6-2010 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

We aren't native to the U.S. What does that mean for us? Just sayin...

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Going after feral hogs that live in the wild is a needed task. If you keep the meat. Killing feral hogs or any other animal in a giant pen is evil. they are no longer feral. they are bred to be murderd. "hunters" go after other wildlife aswell. Groundhogs, coyoties and wolves are killed for sport just for being on THERE land. Just because a man sold another man some land doesnt mean either of them owend it. Besides, if a rancher lets the wolves cull his heard his heard will be stronger and healthier, they only go after the weak. While I am an avid hunter, I do not trophy hunt and I only go for head shots.

But as for the main topic of this thread. The sniper may get 3 people before he is lit-the-!@#$-up. i dont know about most folks, but I dont need IR or night vision to send 30 rounds screaming towards a muzzle flash.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I was going to port the same thing.
These girls that are crying over a few pigs is hilarious! They obviously have no idea what devastation these wild hogs have on farmers crops. The pigs can eat or you can eat...

I need some bacon after that!

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
SHOOT THE PIG, SHOOT THE PIG, OINK,OINK. WEE , WEE. They tear up the soil and ruin farmers crops. They are a menace. That one shot picture, shooting at the little pigs. Was that pig parts flying off?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by darthlung1
But as for the main topic of this thread. The sniper may get 3 people before he is lit-the-!@#$-up. i dont know about most folks, but I dont need IR or night vision to send 30 rounds screaming towards a muzzle flash.

Which is why sniper rifles have flash suppressors on them. No visible muzzle flash- even at night. Usually, a sniper will only fire a single round before displacing, so the report of the rifle won't reveal his location. At night, against a sniper with night optics, if you have no optics of your own, you're hosed. Against a trained sniper, even if you have optics of your own, you're hosed. Firing blindly in the general direction of where you think the guy may be is useless. All you're doing is revealing your location. He'll just put his head down behind cover until you're done shooting.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join