It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

22 hogs in one night: You're DEAD if your enemy has this scope

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Human stupidity at its finest. What gives us the right to kill something? Because its not as intelligent as we humans? We gods? People who like killing and violence are less evolved than a tree. Someday something more intelligent than ourselves is going to start hunting us; maybe they already have.....

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by seanizle
Human stupidity at its finest. What gives us the right to kill something? Because its not as intelligent as we humans? We gods? People who like killing and violence are less evolved than a tree. Someday something more intelligent than ourselves is going to start hunting us; maybe they already have.....
You can't sit and breathe without some other organism giving up it's life for you!

What do you eat? Dirt?

You think you don't crush animals underfoot when you take a walk?

What gives you the right?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Cool. At least now if their is an uprising by Hogs you know America will be safe. You can all sleep sound in your beds tonite.

This is the kinda dumb crap I expect from people who own guns. Kinda scary isn't it?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull

Cool. At least now if their is an uprising by Hogs you know America will be safe. You can all sleep sound in your beds tonite.

This is the kinda dumb crap I expect from people who own guns. Kinda scary isn't it?

This is exactly the "kinda dumb crap" I expect from people who don't, or can't own guns. Enjoy your high horse, friend. I suspect you'd be singing a different tune if you were a farmer whose livelihood was endangered by these introduced pests. If your house is invaded by mice, or cockroaches, or ants, do you give them free run of the place?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by moonwilson

Originally posted by darthlung1
But as for the main topic of this thread. The sniper may get 3 people before he is lit-the-!@#$-up. i dont know about most folks, but I dont need IR or night vision to send 30 rounds screaming towards a muzzle flash.

Which is why sniper rifles have flash suppressors on them. No visible muzzle flash- even at night. Usually, a sniper will only fire a single round before displacing, so the report of the rifle won't reveal his location. At night, against a sniper with night optics, if you have no optics of your own, you're hosed. Against a trained sniper, even if you have optics of your own, you're hosed. Firing blindly in the general direction of where you think the guy may be is useless. All you're doing is revealing your location. He'll just put his head down behind cover until you're done shooting.

No, after TSHTF some yocal will put this on his 710 and think he is a hotshot. and how would me fireing blindly(which i dont do) give away my position if i also have a flash suppresor. the kinds of folks we are talking about still bicker about the ARvsAK bs and put 5lbs of crap on there gun just to make it look cool. I dont use optics, within 400 yards i will hit my target. its ok ive been shooting for 27 years.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by moonwilson

I can just picture you sitting in your rocking chair and pulling out your six-shooter anytime a roach appears. Bet you blast those suckers.

Do you drink 'Bud' by any chance?

(on the ridiculous question you asked. I live out in the countryside. My missus keeps at me to put down some poison because we have small kids. I keep telling her I will do no such thing. I am encroaching on their habitat and I am grateful for the beauty that surrounds me. I don't need a gun for the wild critters that roam the area in dangerous gangs. If they happen to get a hold of my kids well its my own dumb fault for not minding them , not some dumb animals. )

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Ok, wish I hadn't watched that, but wouldn't a foxhole of some sort be a decent protection. You could set up traps along the perimeter of your site perhaps. By day you'd almost want to stay in the woods and give noone reason to kill you. If you are five miles away why does anyone need to kill you?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
if we don't take 7 of 10 hogs...all around the world, they will take over. actually, it's biblical.( last days wild beasts turn on humans)

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
im betting most folks here have never seen a 400 pound feral hog. with its massive tusks and pure hatered for the human it is chargeing.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Yeah. It's brutal, and that could be YOU.

Lesson learned.

Your enemy shows up at night with that scope, with your crew lacking any form of night vision, and you have no chance whatsoever.

Decent cover and a few good spotlights aimed in the general direction of the shooter is all it would take to completely disable the scope... and the eyeballs behind it.

So, the scope and rifle would be even more powerful if you lacked lights, and cover, guns. Also if you lacked legs or pants.

Oh, if you were asleep in the pitch black night too.

Or, if you were a hog.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
That scope is the definition of rape, sir.
2nd

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by darthlung1

Haven't seen it, but heard about it. Humans must go pretty far into the wilderness to get into that sort of trouble. Just another self-created problem for us to "Man-up" to. Oh the joy of humanity. What miles and lengths we must trudge through to find these sorts of problems instead of fixing the one we already have. But that's what it takes to "understand" the problems of the world. Like kicking an ant bed lol. I salute the hunters, who create a more or less controlled situation with superior tools to face it, then come away feeling like men after they succeed.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLaughingGod
Can't watch it all.. I just wanna kill the guy shooting them.

F*cking humans!
I wish I had an eldar exarch aspect armour, I would play around with these guys, wound them.. torture them a little bit and then finish them off and leave them for my Hannibal Lecter style hogs.

TORTURE them?!?
Are you going to also torture the farmers who hire them?

I guess that makes you a sadistic maniac like you're referring to them as.

What would you have the farmers do? The hogs come in and tears up their farms, eating food destined to feed others. If this is eye for an eye then the hog eats the farmers farm, the farmer commissions these hunters to get pay back, then you see it and do the same to the hunters... what about the farmers?

Do you value the life of these overgrown non-native invasive pests over the life of farmers whose food there's a decent chance you've eaten some of before?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I am proud of myself.
I went to the website and signed up for and paid with a credit card one of these hunting expeditions.
I figure with as poor of shots as these guys were at under 150 yards, that I will get over 110% kill.
That is 1.1 dead pigs per round.
I have gone prarie god hunting or shooting if you prefer, and have waited in the spring for half a dozen of the new little baby prarie dogs to line up in a somewhat bowling pin formation.
Then, firing a .22-250 with a soft nosed bullet at 3850 feet per second, I hit the first little prarie dog and as the bullet disintegrates into about a couple of hundred little fragments, I have bowled over five kills with one shot.
My longest shot on a prarie dog, they are the size of a 16 ounce beer can, was 448 yards, yes that is four and a half football fields in length.
He was shot with a .222 Remington Mag on a Remington 40XB bull barrel with a John Unertil 6x36 scope.

I will be posting my video of multiple kills with one shot soon.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by slugger9787

Funny when people pick something like this to be proud about. I don't mind hunting when people are humble about it, but when you become proud that you are killing defenseless wildlife with a high caliber rifle, it's just quite the joke. There is no skill involved. My friends hunt but they don't brag about it, they just talk about it. It's not a source of pride.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
It's Bacon!
I need a scope like that for my MBR.
The one I have now works but that one kicks Arse.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Why stop at the IR sight? Upgrade to Milkor MGL:

en.wikipedia.org...

IMHO killing pigs like in the OP isn't even sport. But you knew that. So what are we celebrating here?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by seanizle

FOR THE LAST TIME, They are not natural to this country and ruin the ECOSYSTEM. They are NOT farm raised pigs and they destroy everything that gets in their way just like a farm plow. The farmers must keep them under control and this is the only quick way to do it.

Now quit derailing this tread with your liberal tree-hugger views.

The tread is about the SCOPE not the pigs that carry more diseases than you can think about, for years you could even eat one of these pigs because of it.

People
Eating
Tasty
Animals

The scope is great until the first EMP weapon is used, then it will be useless. I would never spend that kind of money just so I could play in the dark. When its dark hide very well and wait till light enough out to engage the enemy if need be.

FYI, All digital cameras can see IR light from any IR spot lights and such. Play to their weaknesses not yours.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLaughingGod
Can't watch it all.. I just wanna kill the guy shooting them.

F*cking humans!
I wish I had an eldar exarch aspect armour, I would play around with these guys, wound them.. torture them a little bit and then finish them off and leave them for my Hannibal Lecter style hogs.

Have you lost your mind? The pigs are a nuisance and not native to this land. They are very mean and will tear you limb from limb if you corner one. Maybe you should put yourself in the farmers shoes, wake up one morning to have half your crop gone because of these foreign pigs.

Scroll down to see what they do to our land.
bigdogoutdoors.com...

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem
Why stop at the IR sight? Upgrade to Milkor MGL:

en.wikipedia.org...

IMHO killing pigs like in the OP isn't even sport. But you knew that. So what are we celebrating here?

The quality of the scope unless your to ignorant to figure that out.

MODs please warn these pig lovers what the thread is about so they will stop ruining the OPs thread and spreading ignorance on ATS.

I bet the pig lovers will want to know how to hunt some when the Pooh hits the fan.

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join