22 hogs in one night: You're DEAD if your enemy has this scope

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by alienreality

Thats cool I miss read what you were saying. I'm sorry
I am all for culling herds when needed and hunting in general. I shoot every weekend and I love the sport.

It is people like this that give it a bad name. There is no sport in what they are doing.

But I love the scope I wish I had the 4,000 to buy one. They are sooooo cool.

[edit on 15-6-2010 by Subjective Truth]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   
And what are you going to do when the batteries run out for your scope? I doubt lithium batteries will be abundant when the SHTF

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Originally posted by 30_seconds

Why does pork cost so much if farms are being overrun with all these pigs?

I have heard these wild hogs are delicious, by the way.

These are wild. I have a good friend who years ago would go on encouraged hog hunting sprees, by the land owners and then give them for free to the local Latino buffet. Too many to know what to do with.

For them to be actually marketable you have to TRAP them, and feed them grain for a month or so. The wild beasts are the healthiest (and MEANIST) you'd ever see the creatures, but they taste too gamie for the grocery store.

I went to there website they are not wild. They are caged. Have you also gone to there website? Please do.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Pryde87

I believe they run on tritium. I might be wrong.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Subjective Truth I went to there website they are not wild. They are caged. Have you also gone to there website? Please do.

Georgia farmers should call JAGER PRO to see if your farm or plantation qualifies for our hog control service. Protect your fields at night by a professional Task Force outfitted with the latest infrared equipment available. Let us eliminate unwanted feral hogs to help reduce your crop damage and increase yields. Source

From what I've read it appears that they gather hunting parties to hunt on farmland belonging to other people. I like the rifle, but I'd be satisfied shooting non-living targets.

Edit: to add quote. And I'll read the rest of that website. I didn't notice anything about cages.

[edit on 15-6-2010 by Dewi Winters]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

You might be right, I think they would have different type of batteries. The thermal I saw was a lithium battery but only 4 hours battery life as it is quite compact.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Since nobody wants to post a link, I googled it:

JAGER PRO is the premier hog hunting outfitter and thermal hog control operator in the state of Georgia. We provide hunters and land owners the latest technology, tactics and research to successfully manage feral hog numbers across the United States.

We are the first company to implement infrared technology into high volume Georgia hog hunting for effective population management and control.
www.jagerpro.com...

Hmmmm...

So it appears that they both hunt feral pests, and offer an 'experience' sort of 'service'.

It sounds like they might have started out reasonable, but then had too much 'fun'.
Or did they?

Our mission is to provide farmers and plantation owners with innovative wild hog management through the implementation of high-tech night vision and thermal equipment. This equipment allows us to maximize wild hog harvest efficiency during our night operations. Our hunting clients are extremely thrilled with their high-volume success. This approach to wildlife management is very professional and definitely satisfies our Georgia farmers and plantation owners.

Infrared imaging technology gives users the ability to see in complete darkness and during tough weather conditions. It reveals animals that would normally be invisible to the naked eye by detecting temperature differences of all objects at night.

Our infrared products allow a wide variety of wildlife control applications:
•Night detection and observation
•Tracking game movement, habits and patterns.
•Gathering information and research.
•Conducting situation analysis and population census
•Performing nocturnal eradication

JAGER PRO is a licensed member of the National Wildlife Control Operators Association (NWCOA) and insured by a $1,000,000 liability policy with respect to bodily injury, disability and property damage.

Georgia farmers should call JAGER PRO to see if your farm or plantation qualifies for our hog control service. Protect your fields at night by a professional Task Force outfitted with the latest infrared equipment available. Let us eliminate unwanted feral hogs to help reduce your crop damage and increase yields.
www.jagerpro.com...

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   
# All firearms, ammunition, night optics and thermal devices are provided.
# Hunt prices are $550 per person per night.
# Lodging at Piney Creek Plantation is $50 per person per night (plus tax).
# Transportation included during the hunt with pickup at Piney Creek Plantation.
# NO LIMIT on the number of hogs harvested per night.
# Minimum booking is our two-night hunt.
# Hunts begin at dusk and end eight hours later.
# Minimum hunters are two per night.
# Maximum hunters are six per night.
# Prices DO NOT include meals. We will eat at local restaurants.
# A 50% non-refundable deposit will secure your hunt dates, with the balance to be paid upon arrival by cash, money order or cashiers check

I was wrong about the cage but something is still very wrong with this picture. It is funny they dont provide food. I would be all for hunters doing this licensed by the state not business ventures like this.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Subjective Truth
reply to post by Pryde87

I believe they run on tritium. I might be wrong.

Tritium is what they use in 'night sights', like on pistols. It's not an actual power source, at least not that I know.

You'd need a way to recharge the batteries the scope needs, as far as I know.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I believe the Acog uses it and runs it with fiber optics I am going to go and check it out. I bet it would burn up batteries pretty fast.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Hmm...

Well in any case this thread was supposed to be about how screwed you are if your enemy has this sort of scope and you don't.

I guess now I'm some bastard for daring to even mention it.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 05:06 AM
link   
It uses a hybrid AA batteries that are rechargeable. I just remembered I have owned one of there scopes before it was not a thermal scope but it was nice I regret selling it. I believe this is a German company. The optics were clear and bright even under low light and very nice at high power 24x it did not get fuzzy.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Hmm...

Well in any case this thread was supposed to be about how screwed you are if your enemy has this sort of scope and you don't.

You know how it works. It would probably be a lot better if you used a movie where the scope was displayed killing Afghans or Iraqis. That would make people feel a lot better. And actually pay attention to the scope.

Edited do to grammar.

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   

You had a scope like this and gave it up: now we know your weakness

[edit on 15-6-2010 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Hmm...

No way man you are cool. I know it was about the scope not the killing of the pigs with you.
I am sorry if I made you feel otherwise. And it is a cool scope I wish I could afford it.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   

You had a scope lie this and gave it up: now we know your weakness

It was not like this it was just a regular scope but it was a jager they sell them on ebay for like 100 dollars they are 6-24x50 I believe and they are nice for the money. They call them the original illuminated rifle scope not jager but it is a jager scope. I found little info about the company but the scope was nice and held zero even on a a .308 I used it on.

Also the scope I had was illuminated range finding reticle in both green and red. It came with shades and mount it was 30mm tube.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Hey it's cool, I suppose. I've never had this degree of reaction to anything I've posted. And I AM a damn bastard. And it's twilight hours even.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Well hook up some links already.

This IS the survival forums after all...

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Well we are almost up to 3 pages in 10 minutes.
I even gave you a flag because of how cool you were about the argument. If only women could blow things off as easy as men do.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Question.

How many rounds can you shoot with a scope like this before the heated barrel causes heat interference?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join