It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

22 hogs in one night: You're DEAD if your enemy has this scope

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
there were some pigs that did not seem to die instantly while being shot at. they really showed some severe suffering and struggling. the hunter could have shot them again to redeem them. unnecessary cruelty to animals.

the scope is obviously pretty deadly in the right hands. poor pigs. i hope theyre in pig-heaven now, where its really nice for them.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowAngel85
reply to post by FuGGer

Why? If they're a threat for anyone, it's better to kill them off.

That scope looks really great and i would certainly like to try it out killing some hogs

look. dont give me the im protecting my food BS. or theyre like lions and tigers, threatening BS.

kill em all tomorrow then, the next day your brand spanking new scope will be of no use coz theres nothing to shoot at, eh.

like i said im not against hunting...

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
also why does he chase the running pig with the scope. insted of quickly putting it a few meters infront of it and let it run into the crosshairs.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by april1
there were some pigs that did not seem to die instantly while being shot at. they really showed some severe suffering and struggling. the hunter could have shot them again to redeem them. unnecessary cruelty to animals.

the scope is obviously pretty deadly in the right hands. poor pigs. i hope theyre in pig-heaven now, where its really nice for them.
You should see a wild boar die 'Au natural' after another boar has sliced his side open with one of his upper canines during a mating disagreement. The 'sliced' hog running around with part of his guts dragging on the ground, trying to get away from his rival, the rival intent on finishing the job he started. Maybe you should hang around to watch the victor EAT the loser once he gets him down and keeps him there.

Yes....EAT.

They are cannibalistic. Pigs are very intelligent, but their 'morals' are not quite the same as humans.

Nature is not always pretty.
Humans are ANIMALS, a part of nature.
Poor pigs?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by MR BOB
also why does he chase the running pig with the scope. insted of quickly putting it a few meters infront of it and let it run into the crosshairs.

Because he's a noob.

I think the scope is very nice and it's scary it's for sale to the public. 4000$?

That means every drug cartel in the hemisphere will have boxes full of them by tomorrow. Ooops!

This means you can get your SCOPE, and look at me in my room doing "private things". This thermal imaging stuff is a HUGE invasion of privacy.

You can watch me and my wife, through our walls!!!!
CRAZY stuff for real!!

I just cannot believe it. Citizens can get a scope that can watch me inside my house. My own neighbors can be watching me now??!

Also, killing pigs like that was a bit over the top I agree with SubjectiveTruth.
I am a big fan of hunting, but this is not hunting.

This is a cowards way of massacring a bunch of helpless animals (that I would gladly eat btw). AKA Dick Cheney Style Hunting.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
yes this scope will be a must have for pervs, stalkers and the lot.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

i believe you. and apaches shoot kids with 30mm cannons and they shoot the ambulance, too. i think humans and pigs are closer related than one might want to believe and i dont want to go into war-crimes, but pigs dont know it better.

i just dont like these thermal-sights & videos a lot anymore, for reasons.

got to agree, that some shots could have been really better. especially the one, when the pig was very close.

ps: yeah, poor pigs i say coz theyve been sniped with thermal-sight.

[edit on 15-6-2010 by april1]

[edit on 15-6-2010 by april1]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I would say the scope doesn't matter.

If your enemy is Georgia hog hunters, that is when you are dead.

Those of you saying it's brutal, yeah, it is. It is not for fun, it is an extermination, so that your farm doesn't get destroyed.

I used to do the same thing with coyotes.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
The shooter is an effing scum bag.

Oh boy, using a high powered rilfe with thermal vision to shoot animals at night from a massive distance. Whatta *man*! Real *hardcord*

Complete tosser

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Wow! This is freaking amazing.

The point of this thread was to talk about a rifle and a particular scope. So many people get their panties in a bunch talking about the killing of the pigs.

Start your own thread...you can even use the same video if you want. Title it "The tragedies of killing pigs with a thermal scope."

Then you can talk about the shameful act of killing 22 in a night and so forth. I came into this thread to read about the scope and the different thoughts about it. I wouldn't have clicked on the above named thread.

So having said that, I would be concerned about long term use. Are we now adding batteries to our beans, bullets, and band-aids? Are there any tests about sustained fire and the heat of the barrel as someone mentioned? Maybe these would be best say a Remington 700 PSS in .308.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I have no problem with hunting for food or culling ferals but..

if you wing something, FFS, it is worth one more bullet to put the poor thing out, not just sit there like a psychopath and watch it squirm on the ground.

Guy is a loser.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by noonebutme

Not really any different than a housewife setting a handful of mousetraps, (especially the glue traps, they are cruel) JUST KILLING VERMIN.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I wonder if PETA ever campaigned this hard over hogs rights?

If there were such a thing.

Any good websites?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Hell PETA is against mousetraps and pesticides.

Very few people know how truly WHACKY they are!

Look at their website, or some of their literature that they hand out.

peta:

On their site..... Be kind to cockroaches!

No REALLY!!!!!

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
If any of yall lived with the hog problem you'd understand. They're a serious problem.
It's like someone complaining about lot's of crown-of-thorns starfish being targeted and killed around the barrier reef.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
No, this is not an enclosed hunt club. Feral pigs are "invading" this country, even here in Michigan you can shoot them anytime with ANY type of hunting license. Watch "Pig Bomb" put out by either The Discovery channel or Nat Geo. to see what we are facing. IF one of these channels is putting out a show talking about the coming disaster from pig overpopulation and show people killing them without any commendation from the producers, you know the threat is real. They are destroying farm lands at an alarming rate. These pigs will be given to feed homeless/foodless so their deaths will not be in vain.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   

This approach to wildlife management is very professional and definitely satisfies our Georgia farmers and plantation owners.

not very professional to just randomly blast away at a group of pigs, some if not most left to suffer without clean death through the first shot.

the farmers don't care how anyway, as long as someone rids their farms from these feral pigs.

also don't see how they can give away the meat to the needy when it takes only around an hour or so for dead pig to go rotten, as well as the possibility that these feral pigs are carrying disease to human consumption.

a couple of well trained dogs, a cage and a knife is a better and humane way to kill or catch these animals for sale or for sport, and just as many can be caught this way without any need for guns.

[edit on 15-6-2010 by redgy]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I bet these "hunters" feel so "big." They're such "men" for killing hogs.

Hey, here's a thought, trap them, and sell them to farmers who want / need them for food and what not.

Sorry this isn't hunting --night time, at long range? Where's the sport? The challenge? This isn't hunting. This is some idiot who has low self esteem and making himself feel so powerful. I bet he had a terrible childhood where people took "pot shots" at him all the time and this is his way at getting back at them, at least in his mind.

Whether he knows it or not, he's doing something along those lines.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
In several of those scenes you can see that the macho rifle dude is shooting towards buildings. It is a wonder he did not kill somebody with his missed shots. Get a real sniper behind that scope and it could be dangerous.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by OneNationUnder

Pigs are the most intelligent of our domesticated animals.

That makes them difficult to trap. Once trapped, these particular ones(which are not tame) would be very difficult to keep confined in a trap. Pigs are very capable of forcing their way out of confinement.

BTW- It's not about sport. This guy is making a living, just the same as an exterminator that kills termites for a living. Farmers PAY him to rid their farms of these vermin, which are not native ( an invasive species ) to the US.

[edit on 15-6-2010 by butcherguy]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join