It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An email from a "BP Insider" -- Possible Conspiracies Are Numerous

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
>SNIP<

[Mod edit to remove quote of off-topic post and commentary thereupon]

[edit on 6/16/2010 by yeahright]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Missing Blue Sky
According to this email the first event might have happened hours before the explosion that sunk the rig. This puts the event happening on April 19th...the day predicted here to be the big false flag operation by TPTB.

April 19 is a big day for "them", lots of other evil happenings have been done on that day.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
we can keep a close eye on BP. But the ones who have truly dropped the ball on this is our own government. They knew these companies were working at 5000 feet. They were more than happy to take the money from the oil lobbyists. Yet they didn't have a plan in place for a worse case scenario? You've got to be kidding me

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I read the email, I must say i'm not convinced this is real. It reads like an ATS thread.

Don't get me wrong the oil spill is bad, really bad. I just don't think this email is from a BP insider.

maybe the fact that i'm from the UK added to the feeling that "this ain't as bad as they make out".

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   

My current assignment has been the containment of any information about anything happening here.

And Im sorry I can't give you my email as I'm concerned for what might happen if this disclosure is traced back to me

I may be wrong but if the guy didnt want to be traced back why would he give indications on who he was? I mean if someone from BP reads this they can trace back the guy from what he said his assignment was.
He either wasn't very careful or he's just fooling us.

It just sounds fishy to me, thats all i'm saying.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I think it's great how everyone feels free to share their true opinions on the validity/authenticity of the note.

I was wondering myself if it was authentic.

But it's just great to have the material to decide upon.

I find it sooooo darn coincidential that this happens right before the summer, another excuse for astronomical gas prices. We always get slammed with gas prices over the summer but that last several years have been bad as well all know. Just another reason for more of that. Not looking forward to seeing how high it goes.

I have to buy premium, I paid $3.23 today. I see it goin up to $3.95ish

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by elitelogic

I've been lurking in here and reading all the posts and have read and reread the OP email and while I find some of it to be complete rubbish, I can see a nugget of truth to it if I tilt my head and look at it sideways.

Elitelogic, IF this is legit, and the parameters you set out are correct, then think about this for a moment: You have two options you can send this to a large media outlet that will most likely dismiss it as soon as they get it, or you can send it to a place like ATS where someone might actually believe you thereby getting the word out.

Just my 2 cents worth

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I gotta tell yall, I'm really starting to get worried. I'm really starting to think that this whole thing was done on purpose. Just the fact that BP "seems" to be calling all the shots; such as who is allowed out there, or allowed to leave from out there; as well as the media blackout. (Yes, it is a blackout. They are feeding us the information they want us to hear, with all the pundents and "talking heads" to distract us from the fact that we know NOTHING!) What's the scariest, is that BP couldn't do all this on their own. They HAVE to be in partnership with the US government (or some agency within it) in order to keep spinning the story. I'm terrified that this is all leading up to a coverup of something REALLY CATASTROPHIC that is about to happen. They'll PRETEND to be "throwing money at it", to APPEASE the loudest voices of protest (people of Louisiana coast, Mississippi, Alabama, Florida), while all the while, someone's agenda is being pushed through. Gas prices will skyrocket in a matter of weeks, and I suspect there will be a massive recall of sodiers abroad to help keep order here when things go really bad.
Does anyone else feel as scared as I do? I'm affraid that this is some kind of harbinger that the end really is near. Is Nirubu real? Does our government KNOW that we're about to face an extinction level event, and they're spiining this oil spill "story" to divert everyone's attention from a looming catastrophe? Try to really think about what the goverments of the world would do if they DID suddenly realize that a world-ending event was coming. They would have no choice but to suppress the information as long as possible, because WHENEVER is DOES come out (today...or the day before it happens) CHAOS will ensue. And I mean the worst kind of CHAOS. "They" don't have any choice... the information WILL HAVE TO BE SUPPRESSED! How would they do it?
Think about it!

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by kr0ss

perhaps there's truth to it, but not like you think. Maybe those "Serious" type guys were from our government.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Look, I'm not a really smart person, but I know that there are some really smart people out there. Do you think it would even be POSSIBLE to create a media blackout on the scale that this disaster has developed into, without the help of our own government and control of the media outlets?

Something bad is goin' down...SOON!

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by loveguy

Hey loveguy, I didn't ignore you and I have long post on your site now. Others might find it interesting too. Again:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I don't think ignore the facts has a stuff together here or he's disinfo or overly suspicious. We don't know if the email is real, but have little from him to think it isn't other than that's it on a conspiracy site. IE: ignore the facts.

The misspellings are not alarming. I'm working on my dissertation at Stanford and I misspell all the time. Some of us are bad typists and somebody trying to hurriedly shoot off a mail and feeling under pressure is inevitably going to misspell. People should check out loveguys thread too as it asking for help on deconstructing the company politics here. That may well be the key. We are talking about big money, whether losses or gains, and this is the blood in capitalism's veins. And this is capitalism, although it is also MIC and may involve covert ops. Don't dismiss that too early. I previously studied the high tech industry, I worked as a carpenter for two years and in a circuit board factory for two years before that, so I do know something about construction and manufacturing from a ground floor view. I know that bosses look like from there and while some are very good, some are also unbelievably ruthless in pursuing their ends. I know this isn't big, specific or new information, but I think looking at company relations and politics is important and I don't think we should ever think lives are not expendable or even necessarily of great concern for many at the top - although, once again, we shouldn't paint them all with that brush.

Anyway, maybe not deep words of wisdom, but worth a thought.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by KAJUNROB

It's absolutely possible. And you don't have to have a college education to be smart. It's overrated in many cases and some of the most foolish people I've met have been in universities where I went to school and now teach. The reason why is "hubris", arrogance: they think they have it all whipped and somewhere on that road to and beyond tenure, they stop listening to other voices. I need to qualify that: some, not all.

Currently, I concentrate on intelligence issues and agencies and I know the CIA has profound influence in the major newspapers and other media in this country. It would be a whole other thread to get in too deeply, but through a combination of partial ownership (yes, ownership or board influence through front companies), friendly relations with pet reporters (I'll give you info on this for scoop if you suppress that for a while), actual infiltration and placing agents in media, blackmail, bribery and other means, they can spin stories.

The mainline media is still nominally independent, but only on the surface - only as long as they don't try and dig too deep. Editors and editorial boards are probably the most compromised portions. Stories get killed or placed there, reporters live and die by what they can get through and get published.

Richard Helms and William Colby are both quoted as saying they virtually had the media in their pocket. Colby very likely died because he was about break with the CIA and the code and testify to Congress on the Franklin Scandal.

All electronic media is now focused substantially on entertainment reporting, so there's not so much time in news segments to take on stories in depth. Better ratings if you cover Miley Cyrus or Brad and Angela. Yes, stories can be buried or ignored or censored virtually with impunity.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Kajunbob, I don't want to increase your paranoia, merely your suspicion. You need to keep a clear head when everything around you is going to s&%&t. It's a survival tactic, but an important one. You're on ATS, which has its own liabilities and that's a good step in getting alternatives to consider and compare to what the MM is putting out. Cryptogon, ofgoatsandmen, cryptome, globalresarch.ca, etc. are other good sources and so is the American Conservative website if you want a more conservative take on things, but the point is to cross check your information and THEN come to a conclusion on it. You probably know all this and sorry if you don't need the advice.

This is a scary time and something big may be coming down, but something big already has and that's the main course on our plates: to figure that out now and try and discern what it all means. Keep thinking, you might see something we're all missing.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
So sorry . . . KAJUNROB!
I didn't mean to type your call name wrong. No disrespect. I value all the opinions and info . . . well the great majority of it I find here. I've been a frickin' meathead carpenter most of my life and only recently (well over a decade ago) went back to college and now am hopefully getting a PhD in a few months. So the funny thing for me is that people who never would have listened to me 15 years ago, now listen up in my classes cause "I'm the expert." It's an overrated title. I'm the same guy I was for the most part, I just have my "badges" now. I vowed I would never stop learning from my students, never stop listening to their opinion, never overvalue my own and it's served me well so far. Insight and inspiration come from unexpected places at unexpected times if your mind can stay open. Be well!!

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by MyProblemWithEvil

Worth considering, but they find much less dramatic reasons to pump up gas prices every summer. In my neighborhood, the refineries up here have "accidents" every summer in May or June and just that can cause them to justify a price increase and only from a problem that is a thousand percent less dramatic. I don't think that's it - too much major economic damage to a point of destination for tourists that will heavily damage the economy . . . . unless this is plan that was meant to be a lot less catastrophic and then got out hand. It is possible and one thing for sure is hubris will always lead elites into alleys where they see thoroughfares - at times at least.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Dizzychicken73

KFCwitness, you do have a point. "Conspiracy sites" are increasingly becoming feeders for MM and it is the side door into the main auditorium. The more often we're eventually proved right the more credibility we get, but on other hand they slam us from us time to time for being "conspiracy theorists" just to make sure people don't listen TOO much. That's a problem they have there and with this in particular. They don't want to lose too much of their audience to ATS or cryptogon, etc. so they have a game that's really no win for them or they don't yet know how to balance. Probably should track upcoming Congressional Hearings to try and see if it may be related to that.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Who is benefiting from the oil spill?

Hotels for clean up workers - not likely they had the technology to cause it.

Republican Governors of the Gulf Coast states - not much benefit to them.

Obama Administration - gets to force new rules and policies - gets to bash "big oil" that gave him big campaign donations, so people forget that BP gave him more money than anyone else recently.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Gas rose 6 cents in Cocoa, Florida today. Coincidence?

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Gas price hikes are never coincidental in summer and they are always linked to some industry accident or such, but never on this scale that I"ve seen. I read a lot of the critique of this email for being the product of a troll - and you always have to consider that - but I still think there's something that rings true. 1) whistle blowers are not professional intelligence agents, of course they make mistakes and they're often uncovered to their bosses at least; 2) people do misspell things, especially under stress so that doesn't bother me; 90% of blue collar and middle management would probably spell martial law, MARSHALL LAW. There are federal marshalls you know, and I lot of guys I worked with would connect those two things however wrongly. 3) Probably all supes are partially charged with information containment; that could both discredit or credit the validity here. 4) Logic fails are not operative much in this or shouldn't be; anyone involved, especially on the periphery of this thing is going slip in logic because THEY'RE trying to figure this out. If we try and think like the people who run this, we do have to try and gear into possible logic, but I don't think hiking gas prices is part of this. That would happen anyway and every summer.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join