It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An email from a "BP Insider" -- Possible Conspiracies Are Numerous

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+165 more 
posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
We have received a "Contact ATS" email from a source claiming to be connected to BP and the operations in the Gulf of Mexico. While the person making contact omitted a reply-to email address (apparently out of concern for his safety), we can verify that the IP of origin is from the Gulf region... specifically a city in Louisiana well-populated with people that work in the Gulf oil industry.

The email makes several claims, some of which we've seen in various forms here on ATS, and some we've not seen before -- including the improbable notion that BP purposefully caused the blow-out because it was apparently the only way to quickly get two new highly-profitable wells drilled.

However, we must take such efforts at information distribution with significant skepticism. The email is presented as-is in the hope that the combined research and investigative talent of our membership may be able to determine if there is any validity to what has been offered. Additionally, we must consider that highly-provocative information such as this may have been crafted to throw "us" off-target into absurd areas of inquiry... which brings up a whole new set of concerns.

Contact form submission user's name: BP SUP

===========================================================

Hello ATS
I'm a field sup pulled off a BP rig in the gulf to assist in several areas here and a fan of ATS. There are many things happening here that are only whispered about and more and more of us are getting very worried that this is the worst disaster man has seen and maybe even caused.
I'm a couple hours away from reporting to a security briefing along with many others, and then to what they are saying will be a long term assignment off shore. There are a lot of concerns from the inside you should know about.
The doodlebs (seismic analysts) we talk to have stories of repeated rhythmic events at the well head days before the blowout that was the original reason for several being on rig at the time of the blowout. Now no one talks about that since the two who were compiling data on the non-natural seismic signs have gone missing. Another who knows the doodleb killed in the blowout is telling me he was recommending an immediate pooh and manual trip of the bop.
There are others who are talking about rumors that something was happening at the bop hours before the blowout.
My current assignment has been the containment of any information about anything happening here. Something terrible happen on the floor yesterday and the doodlebs aren't talking except that they all look like they saw a ghost and everyone here is talking doom. My new job was to work with the press liais to push back all reporters and noncompany scientists. But now I have no idea what I will be doing.
All of us concerned BPers (yes, there are many) are talking that something or someone was at the bop and either deliberately caused the blowout or made a grave error that caused the bop to malfunction when the inevitable blowout happened.
Everyone here is talking about it but no one dare say anything to anyone even their families.
There's also something happening about 100 miles southeast of the rig site with several navy and uscg ships. And Friday two serious looking guys arrive and started directing our sup. Apparently they showed Navy Intelligence ID when they arrived along with a dozen commando looking guys.
Rumor is that now they're going to call marshall law and all of us will be prevented from leaving the ships to see our families. Things are going from really bad to crazy.
Nearly everyone here is of the belief that the blowout was planned as a way to destroy a well that had too many problems to be ultimately profitable, and get two new wells drilled (the relief wells) that will be wildly profitable and the only way to do that was destroy this one. We calculated that even with paying cleanup costs the profit on two wells in this reserve will far outweigh the costs in less than a year.
I hope you get this and trust me enough to find a way to get it out as it will probably be the last time I have access to internet and might be the only way you hear a BP employee talk about this for some time.
And Im sorry I can't give you my email as I'm concerned for what might happen if this disclosure is traced back to me

DISCLAIMER:

The email is offered as-is without any claims of accuracy from ATS ownership other than these are the unedited words of the submitter.

The person submitting this information had the clear hope that we would post it for public review, and in the interest of ensuring we encourage future methods of potentially critical information disclosure, we are doing so.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Fascinating read.

I'd love to learn more about this:

My current assignment has been the containment of any information about anything happening here.

Much of the rest is still opinion, rumor or speculation.

Hope all of what he reports is wrong...

[edit on 14-6-2010 by loam]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
www.urbandictionary.com...

A Doodlebugger is someone who works on an oil exploration crew. The term "Doodlebugger" has been used since the 1940s in the United States. Workers on seismograph crews (oil exploration crews) call themselves "Juggies". Some female workers call themselves "Juggettes".
A Doodlebugger typically works 10 - 15 hours a day outdoors on a seismograph crew exploring for oil, which can be a helicopter crew, a marine or land crew.

Jargon checks out so far at least.

Edit to Add:

Doodlebuggers search out oil, natural gas, and other precious commodities the world around by exciting the ground with explosives, drop weights, and more often than not pieces of specialized heavy equipment called *cough* vibrators.

Could purposeful explosives have been used here intentionally, or by accident and exploded the Methane?

[edit on 14-6-2010 by getreadyalready]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   

There's also something happening about 100 miles southeast of the rig site with several navy and uscg ships.

I remember reading something similar a few weeks ago...

I meant to chase it then and forgot about it.

(*off to go look*)

link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Incredible release SO. And your disclaimer is duly noted.
S & F

link   
I have done nothing but think about this horrendous oil leak..........

A very interesting email - Was a little concerned with the below :

"also something happening about 100 miles southeast of the rig site with several navy and uscg ships. And Friday two serious looking guys arrive and started directing our sup. Apparently they showed Navy Intelligence ID when they arrived along with a dozen commando looking guys".

What on earth could this be about???

+46 more 
link   

I've had a real deep gut feeling since day one about this.

Laugh at me all you want, but my gut has been telling me this situation is deeply serious on a monumental level.

Don't even want to dwell on it - because I think mankind has finally outsmarted himself.

All in the name of greed.

In my 57 years of life, when I get a feeling this deep in my gut, it's never been wrong.

Never.

[edit on 14-6-2010 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
response.restoration.noaa.gov...(entry_subtopic_topic)=entry_id,subtopic_id,topic_id&entry_id(entry_subtopic_t opic)=809&subtopic_id(entry_subtopic_topic)=2&topic_id(entry_subtopic_topic)=1

Lots of links, maps, press releases here. I haven't found anything so far that links to 100 miles SE of the rig, but that is about the limit of the oil forecast to the SE right now.

link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Same here. I do not believe this is an end of the world event, but
it appears to be one of the largest wakeup calls in the history of mankind.

link   

Well, it seems believable, but due to how Washington D.C. works I would be cautious in believing this, due to Obama apparently wanting someone to infiltrate online conspiracy theory websites.

I would have to wonder if this guy is going to become a whistleblower.

Will he become a witness for a Congressional Hearing?

Would the Congressional Hearing turn into a lambaste and three-ring circus?

Does anyone think BP PLC will try to buy this guy off and or have him killed?

Those are just a few questions I have immediately.

And just for giggles I have to ask you, SO, have you read this book?

The Cult of the Presidency: America's Dangerous Devotion to Executive Power

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/995a50b011c3.jpg[/atsimg]

Amazon Review :

The Bush years have given rise to fears of a resurgent Imperial Presidency.

Those fears are justified, but the problem cannot be solved simply by bringing a new administration to power.

In his provocative new book, The Cult of the Presidency, Gene Healy argues that the fault lies not in our leaders but in ourselves.

When our scholars lionize presidents who break free from constitutional restraints, when our columnists and talking heads repeatedly call upon the "commander in chief " to dream great dreams and seek the power to achieve them--when voters look to the president for salvation from all problems great and small--should we really be surprised that the presidency has burst its constitutional bonds and grown powerful enough to threaten American liberty?

The Cult of the Presidency takes a step back from the ongoing red team/blue team combat and shows that, at bottom, conservatives and liberals agree on the boundless nature of presidential responsibility.

For both camps, it is the president's job to grow the economy, teach our children well, provide seamless protection from terrorist threats, and rescue Americans from spiritual malaise.

Very few Americans seem to think it odd, says Healy, "when presidential candidates talk as if they're running for a job that's a combination of guardian angel, shaman, and supreme warlord of the earth."

Healy takes aim at that unconfined conception of presidential responsibility, identifying it as the source of much of our political woe and some of the gravest threats to our liberties.

If the public expects the president to heal everything that ails us, the president is going to demand--or seize--the power necessary to handle that responsibility.

Interweaving historical scholarship, legal analysis, and trenchant cultural commentary, The Cult of the Presidency traces America's decades-long drift from the Framers' vision for the presidency: a constitutionally constrained chief magistrate charged with faithful execution of the laws.

Restoring that vision will require a Congress and a Court willing to check executive power, but Healy emphasizes that there is no simple legislative or judicial "fix" to the problems of the presidency.

Unless Americans change what we ask of the office--no longer demanding what we should not want and cannot have--we'll get what, in a sense, we deserve.

Whether this letter is legitimate or not there is the very large potential for Obama to use this disaster, to not only enact different laws from the National Emergency Act, and "legally" declare Martial Law, to using it just to increase funding.

All because BP PLC is out-waiting the Federal Government in game of chicken for funding.

Anyone who knows when disasters a corporation can simply wait to receive funding, to get he Government to pay them, to clean up their own mess, no matter what.

[edit on 14-6-2010 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Thanks SO for that info.

This disaster is shaping up to global proportions.
And now a hurricane heading into the area with
accompanying evacuations.

God help us!

[edit on 14-6-2010 by whaaa]

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam

There's also something happening about 100 miles southeast of the rig site with several navy and uscg ships.

I remember reading something similar a few weeks ago...

I meant to chase it then and forgot about it.

(*off to go look*)

There was also this:

Subsea oil plumes found 142 miles from rig

"NOAA is confirming the presence of very low concentrations of subsurface oil at sampling depths ranging from the surface to 3,300 feet at locations 40 and 42 nautical miles northeast of the well site and another sampling station at 142 nautical miles southeast of the wellhead," Lubchenco said.

Clearly there was some 'activity' at the location mentioned in the email.

Could be just another 'misinterpretation' of the facts fueled by the rumor mill or the real deal.

Interesting.

But I know there was something else mentioned with similar coordinates several weeks earlier. Still looking for it.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Very interesting. It really didnt occur to me that they might have planned this just to double their production.

If its true, I hope the whole thing comes out and this wakes people up. Although from what I have noticed in another thread, it seems to be waking up those hoping to make a buck off this as well.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

As I mentioned in a few other threads, BP's competitors would have been equally motivated to encourage or create this crisis.

It's hard to believe BP would do this given the political and permissive climate concerning drilling before the crisis. Frankly, it would not have been that hard to 'buy' past any new drilling hurdles.

I've also considered that it might be possible BP did this to limit competition. But given the subsequent scale of the disaster, it's hard to believe this strategy makes sense.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Quite the interesting read, I must say.

I am curious as to what the collection of ships is up to though, that makes me feel as though something else has happened. And they are wanting a quick lid on the situation.

S and F either way.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Wait, aren't the relief wells there to send the heavy mud down the well and close it?! If it is to get more oil from the well than WTF! These guys should really be slapped by every citizen in the Gulf.

+18 more 
posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Signs are certainly pointing to foreknowledge of this disaster, with the selling of BP stock by Sach's and the president of BP.

were thinking, " how could they destroy the gulf for profit", yet we forget the 11 people who died in the initial explosion. And in that case, this truly shows the lengths company's will go in the name of profit, ... even at the expense of it's own employee's.

If this is true whoever is responsible should not be paying out of pocket, but be charged with murder, or criminal negligence in the least. Yet we live in a world where Paris Hilton makes front page news, and the truth remains hidden.

We are expendable in relation to the allmighty dollar

[edit on 14-6-2010 by IntastellaBurst]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
BP is contracted with private providers for their seismic exploration in the Gulf of Mexico. They also employ "seismic analysts" according to their own website. They just signed an agreement with a new provider for the North Atlantic on June 10th.

Haven't found any details about this company doing research in the Gulf, their research would be very interesting in light of the "accident" and recent developments.

It would also be interesting to know if any surveys were ongoing at the time of the accident. This information could support the OP!

www.offshore-mag.com...

CGG awarded BP seismic contracts

Published: Jan 23, 2009
Offshore staff

PARIS -- BP has awarded CGGVeritas two long-term seismic acquisition contracts totaling $130 million to undertake multiple high-end marine 3D, wide-azimuth and 4D seismic surveys.

The first contract encompasses an Arctic Ocean exploration 3D survey in the Canadian Beaufort Sea. The project, which has an option to extend for a second season, is expected to begin this summer.

The second long-term contract comprises multiple wide-azimuth and 4D reservoir management surveys in the Gulf of Mexico. The GoM program is expected to begin early this year, with part of the program being acquired in 2010 and includes options for further extensions.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
According to this email the first event might have happened hours before the explosion that sunk the rig. This puts the event happening on April 19th...the day predicted here to be the big false flag operation by TPTB.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Equinox99
Wait, aren't the relief wells there to send the heavy mud down the well and close it?!

That's what I thought, and is a strong "BS Alert" indicator for this email. But then there seems to be a great deal of conflicting information online as to what the "relief wells" will be doing. Some are indicating that the wells will be pumping oil to reduce/relieve the pressure on the main well, while others indicate they're for plugging up the original well.

Lots of confusing info.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join