It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by GonzoPoet
I'm new to the board, from Chicago, and realized something interesting earlier while perusing the articles and posts here. I don't know about other states, but we've had a few billboards and posters in Chicago advertising www.ready.gov. I'm not sure how long they've been around, but definitely not for very long before the oil spill. It's not a very well-formed theory in any way, but based on suspicions and ideas of what could be happening already posted, I'm sure others will be inspired to look into it.
Originally posted by Lynzer
I have an issue with the Ready.gov....because it doesnt make sense. I mean what scenario do they think will happen that everyone should be prepared to hunker down in our homes for days or weeks? Hhmm? I mean if a tornado blows through, the homes that are destroyed would have the supplies destroyed also...same with a flood or any other type of disaster that happens most commonly - a weather related disaster. So what is it we're preparing for? Who knows what has been planned for us - it may be related to this oil disaster
Originally posted by entropy
The term "marshall law " also the only typo in this 'Letter' has been used on other sites when posting fear mongering satire. I would not take this letter seriously at all.
Originally posted by manta78
reply to post by Lynzer
Toxic fumes/particles would require people to stay indoors, seal up potential entry points of doors, windows, etc.
FOURTEEN SIGNPOSTS TO SLAVERY
1. Restrictions on taking money out of the country and on the establishment or retention of a foreign bank account by an American citizen.
2. Abolition of private ownership of hand guns.
3. Detention of individuals without judicial process.
4. Requirements that private financial transactions be keyed to social security numbers or other government identification so that government records of these transactions can be kept and fed into a computer.
5. Use of compulsory education laws to forbid attendance at presently existing private schools.
6. Compulsory non-military service.
7. Compulsory psychological treatment for non-government workers or public school children.
8. An official declaration that anti-Communist organizations are subversive and subsequent legal action taken to suppress them.
9. Laws limiting the number of people allowed to meet in a private home.
10. Any significant change in passport regulations to make passports more difficult to obtain or use.
11. Wage and price controls, especially in a non-wartime situation
12. Any kind of compulsory registration with the government of where individuals work.
13. Any attempt to restrict freedom of movement within the United States.
14. Any attempt to make a new major law by executive decree (that is, actually put into effect, not merely authorized as by existing executive orders.)
The explosion could be a diversion to stop the media from reporting whatever they are digging up. That seems like the only explanation as to why they have to keep people who want to help out.
There too much secrecy for it to be an oil spill. This seems like something of an epic proportion that is happening.
Originally posted by Hemisphere
reply to post by SkepticOverlord
Here on ATS we've discussed ad infinitum the numerous plausible tentacles emanating from the 9/11 disaster. Many of us consider that almost countless parties have benefitted from 9/11 as repugnant as that might be. I find if I merely imagine a technology that time and again someone smarter than I has made it happen or nearly so. Nothing prevents me from thinking that innovation and technology has once again created multiple streams of wealth emanating from a man-made disaster. That I jump to "man-made" is my prerogative and my current opinion.
I currently can imagine that the likes of a BP, Haliburton, the US Navy, politicians and various "green" technology peddlers could all get a piece of this oily pie. For profits or the furthering of an agenda. It would have taken a significant amount of collusion to pull off a 9/11 conspiracy differing from the party line. It would take similar collusion here. This email if taken on face value indicates as much. If I consider that people could take a few thousand human lives at the drop of a hat I must also consider that livelihoods and entire ecosystems are not off the table for TPTB.
You never want a serious crisis to go to waste and what I mean by that is it's an opportunity to do things you didn't think you could do before. - Rahm Emanuel
This man might have taken a step back from the spotlight but that to my thinking was by design. I think it's very possible that this administration, not unlike the last one, is creating it's own opportunities. Or should I say opportunities for their owners.