It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An email from a "BP Insider" -- Possible Conspiracies Are Numerous

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by GonzoPoet
I'm new to the board, from Chicago, and realized something interesting earlier while perusing the articles and posts here. I don't know about other states, but we've had a few billboards and posters in Chicago advertising www.ready.gov. I'm not sure how long they've been around, but definitely not for very long before the oil spill. It's not a very well-formed theory in any way, but based on suspicions and ideas of what could be happening already posted, I'm sure others will be inspired to look into it.

I have an issue with the Ready.gov....because it doesnt make sense. I mean what scenario do they think will happen that everyone should be prepared to hunker down in our homes for days or weeks? Hhmm? I mean if a tornado blows through, the homes that are destroyed would have the supplies destroyed also...same with a flood or any other type of disaster that happens most commonly - a weather related disaster. So what is it we're preparing for? Who knows what has been planned for us - it may be related to this oil disaster

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Please forgive my belated response. Work has intervened.

I take your point. At the very least, in terms of any payouts that BP might have to make as a result of litigation, they can spin it out in court (then in various courts of appeal) for many years. The Exxon Co did this after the Exxon Valdez disaster; if I recall correctly they repeatedly appealed the $5 bn levied against them in the biggest case and finally (after a good decade or so) got it down to something around $550 mil. That was in (I think) 2008. If I'm slightly off in my dates it's really neither here not there. The point remains that it took a heck of a long time to finally get the case resolved and they wound up getting a much lower judgment.

There is no way that BP can get out of the current payment arrangements it has made, but future litigation is another matter entirely and if Exxon's example is anything to go by, they could easily drag out the legal processes until 2030 or even beyond.

All this is assuming that BP doesn't cease to exist, of course. Hard to say if that might happen.

Regards,

Mike

Note to OP about the email: I'm very "iffy" about this one. Other have covered the reasons for being dubious. I'd even had the passing thought that it was written by ATS staffers just to see how we'd react to it.
But seriously, when you boil it down there's nothing "new" in it, really, so I have doubts about its veracity.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

I do agree that I feel very iffy about this letter of anonymity, however I'm open to the possibility of it being legitimate. I don't undermine the significance of this oil spill - it is truly an unprecedented disaster however not to lose faith in our presence on Earth - it has happened for a reason, and it hopefully is a wake up call to many human beings here.. We are not 'living in harmony' and it is now evident more than ever, People are being called and pulled to Nature and hey that's only natural - we inevitably ARE one with nature, and to deny we are is like a river rock denying it's existence as a part of the river. Excuse my philosophical nature if it offends, but I'm sharing my experience and hope you too feel what I'm speaking.

Originally posted by Lynzer
I have an issue with the Ready.gov....because it doesnt make sense. I mean what scenario do they think will happen that everyone should be prepared to hunker down in our homes for days or weeks? Hhmm? I mean if a tornado blows through, the homes that are destroyed would have the supplies destroyed also...same with a flood or any other type of disaster that happens most commonly - a weather related disaster. So what is it we're preparing for? Who knows what has been planned for us - it may be related to this oil disaster

Well at the present time I sure can foresee many 'potential disasters' - I mean honestly I am personally pursuing an off-grid lifestyle where I can live off the land in harmony with others and nature, not weening off corporate products and consumer systems which exist to 'profit' and nothing more. But anyway, yeah the guys 'calling the shots' on the international scene are aware of at least some of what's happening, and the physical changes we are entering. Thing is they want us to be confused, afraid for our livelihood, they want us to be clinging to the systems in place like a frightened child clinging to its mother's side. It doesn't and shouldn't be like this though, we don't have to be 'in the dark' - we as humans are not insignificant in our ability to create positive changes in any life-situation.

While many here may say it's pure speculation - it is my perception, that it is blatantly obvious that we are undergoing unprecedented Earth changes, not only Earth but our entire solar system too and beyond. Our sun is changing and our planets are experiencing a shift too. On a cellular level, we are undergoing a physical transformation involving light and creational process.
This is not a purposeless phenomenon of space weather or the like, and as the months pass we are not going to see things 'die down and go back to normal'
There is truly nothing to fear, because this is an awesome and beautiful transformation we are participating in!

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
ehhhhh, if you would know who is morons from cia & pentagon per se, not to mention after their owners (dollar clans) are creatures perfectly sick through their heads. super well is quite suitable idea for these mental d[ec/is]eased guys: Big War needs immense amount of oil.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by orazio

Agreed with You: we are at the door of new Era, it will not be end the World -- it will be the Chance to Anyone to step up on new phase of mankind.

[edit on 17-6-2010 by SarK0Y]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

In your post you said... *it seems to be waking up those hoping to make a buck off this as well.*

Have you seen the DAWN liquid dish soap commercials out yet? Picture it: Music that tears your heart out...beautiful birds and other small furry cute creatures covered in oil...wonderful people bathing them in Dawn... the grease cutter! Although DAWN is giving a portion of the money to help in this crisis... the whole thing comes across to me... shallow and greedy. Hero's don't usually announce their good deeds. I don't know... I love DAWN for helping the way they are but I also see the $$ signs behind it to. I think DAWN is way lesser of any of the EVILS concerning this mess right here...like you stated..."it seems..*IT IS* waking up those *MONSTERS* hoping to make a buck of this""

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Having read thousands of witness statements on various oilfield related events from this part of the country, I believe that this statement is absolute truth from the writer's point of view. While he may have given the wrong work title, I intuitively believe his reporting while subjective, is valid. I find the most interesting statements "repeated rhythmic events days before the blow out" to be of the most interest. This, to me, would mean perhaps earthquake or at minimum tremors. The other statement I find of most interest is the bone-chilling one about some fact being discovered and everyone looking like ghosts. I believe that this fact may be that they have discovered the pressure at which this oil is spewing, which to date I do not think has been measured, or that measurement released (could be wrong, but I do not remember reading that particular number). Now, the reason that the specific measurement of pressure is important is because it would be much easier to estimate the actual amount of oil spewing per cubic foot per second with that fact. If somehow that figure was known to oil-rig personnel -- well -- it would dictate how they could fix this blow out (or if it is cap-able). If the pressure rate was astronomical (like.....they drilled into a volcano or a huge fault line) then it probably would be impossible to cap this. The only other thing that could have been responsible for their ghost-like appearance is that someone introduced the idea that this oil could be radioactive. These guys are like bands of brothers and tend to group-think. (for the most part, sorry, but it is true). All that said, we are left with the idea that there were too many problems with this well and they wanted to shut-er-down and redrill. That might be very valid. However if that was the plan, they certainly got a lot more than they bargained for, at mankind's expense.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
As a professional writer and a life long linguist, there is something about this email that bothers me.

It's hard for me to put my finger on, but first off, the email writer's use of jargon seems odd to me. It's as if he purposely and intentionally used jargon terms to establish credibility straight away, instead of just doing it naturally. It seems forced to me, as if his main purpose was to get you to believe him rather than focus on the message.

Not that he wouldn't use the jargon common to his industry----but it's the WAY he uses it that raises the flags for me.

If he was writing to a fellow worker, the context of the letter would make more sense. But when you are writing to the general public, your brain naturally makes different choices in wording and phrasing. You tend to be more explanatory and less specific.

Now, if you are trying to convince someone of your role or title, you'd do the former-----litter your email with jargon and words particular to your industry so that you can come across as authentic and knowledegable.

If your intention was just to get the word out for altruistic reasons, and you were writing to the general public, your brain would naturally make different choices in wording because your hope is to EXPLAIN not convince. You'd take it down a notch, because you are trying to convey a message that is understandable to a wide range of people.

Just my two cents.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

i can neither affirm this message nor contradict it, but i'd have guessed that man felt some fear after own family, friends & himself -- nervous feeling forces to use "native" language.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
The term "marshall law " also the only typo in this 'Letter' has been used on other sites when posting fear mongering satire. I would not take this letter seriously at all.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by entropy
The term "marshall law " also the only typo in this 'Letter' has been used on other sites when posting fear mongering satire. I would not take this letter seriously at all.

So what if its a plant? Some people who are too afraid to speak up on their own, design credibility. If the point we need to be aware of is there, I think the idea should still be considered.

Yes it is fear mongering but fear is what motivates people into getting off their lazy butts to do something, even if it is only to pass the info along the grape vine.

We only use the tools available to us to get our message through or to get the support for action. Levels of education determine which tools you will use. Don't discredit a post simply because of a few misspelled words. When I get excited about what I have to say, my fingers tend to move on their own and I hit the submit button while still in the moment and knock myself for the misspelled or misplaced words. Sometimes, I do it on person to find out who reads for gain of knowledge and who reads to prove superiority.

If I were to have relied on spellcheck to determine the legitamecy of my sources, I would have never been able to force out the all the tentacles of this disaster, or any other issue we seem to be concerned about. Many sources went to college but I know when my fingers can't keep up with my brrain, spelling is the last thing on my mind when I am trying to beat a clock. Anyways:

Thye did a stdyu abtuo hwo teh brani prosececs inrofmtaoin. Unredsatndgin hsa nohtign to do wiht coercrt spleilng. Btu it deos tkea lognre to fiuger it otu.

[edit on 20-6-2010 by peggy m]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Lynzer

Toxic fumes/particles would require people to stay indoors, seal up potential entry points of doors, windows, etc.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by manta78
reply to post by Lynzer

Toxic fumes/particles would require people to stay indoors, seal up potential entry points of doors, windows, etc.

Yes, it would, but only if those residents are informed of the dangers. Look at the clean up for Katrina. Mold, dangerous mold, was not disclosed to the employees of the clean up contractors. Masks were not offered as part of the protective equipment until somebody bitched about it.

The residents need to force their voices on their local government officials to pay all expenses for a stay in a non toxic area. Then ask for reasons for the denial to be put in writing with a signature to guarntee there is no potential harm to stay in the area. I guar-un-tee those residents will have their check instead of a signed statement that the residents have no health concerns. Learn to play their game because ignorance is no excuse to accept a verbal guarantee that becomes hearsay in court.

Here is what you can do: Blast the internet with "Coastal Residents Want a Written Health Guarantee" and I will be the first to get the ball rolling.

[edit on 20-6-2010 by peggy m]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Do you think there is any truth to this scam?
www.examiner.com...

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
The letter suggests that the well was blown intentionally as it was not profitable - and having to drill relief wells would make it profitable.

While am unaware of the logistics. I certainly accept that this would be standard corporate mentality.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

This thread just keeps getting more and more interesting. This is what ATS is all about.

We have a major conspiracy against not only humanity but THE ENTIRE PLANET.

The more I think about it, this wasn't a oooops accident. The top people at BP were warned three years before this incident that serious repairs and updates needed to be made on this rig and in the name of more profit, these warnings were ignored.

Theres a book I read about 20 years ago, "None Dare Call It Conspiracy" by by Gary Allen.

Anyone can now read this insightful book (written in 1971) here: www.lust-for-life.org...

The quote below is from Chapter 8

FOURTEEN SIGNPOSTS TO SLAVERY
1. Restrictions on taking money out of the country and on the establishment or retention of a foreign bank account by an American citizen.

2. Abolition of private ownership of hand guns.

3. Detention of individuals without judicial process.

4. Requirements that private financial transactions be keyed to social security numbers or other government identification so that government records of these transactions can be kept and fed into a computer.

5. Use of compulsory education laws to forbid attendance at presently existing private schools.

6. Compulsory non-military service.

7. Compulsory psychological treatment for non-government workers or public school children.

8. An official declaration that anti-Communist organizations are subversive and subsequent legal action taken to suppress them.

9. Laws limiting the number of people allowed to meet in a private home.

10. Any significant change in passport regulations to make passports more difficult to obtain or use.

11. Wage and price controls, especially in a non-wartime situation

12. Any kind of compulsory registration with the government of where individuals work.

13. Any attempt to restrict freedom of movement within the United States.

14. Any attempt to make a new major law by executive decree (that is, actually put into effect, not merely authorized as by existing executive orders.)

I've watched people with a little power and they get and keep their "power" by being meticulously ruthless in their every detail.

I don't think the BP Oil Gusher was a accident.

Even the name is a misnomer.

It was never a spill, it's a gusher.

The cattle is being systematically herded and certain ones deemed "useless" or "inferior" are being exterminated.

If people want to learn about the type of individuals who are currently running the planet, I would recommend reading "Political Ponerology" by Andrew M. Lobaczewski.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

The explosion could be a diversion to stop the media from reporting whatever they are digging up. That seems like the only explanation as to why they have to keep people who want to help out.

There too much secrecy for it to be an oil spill. This seems like something of an epic proportion that is happening.

Equinox - your imagination isn't running wild, you're thinking outside the box.

You might be onto something.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hemisphere

Here on ATS we've discussed ad infinitum the numerous plausible tentacles emanating from the 9/11 disaster. Many of us consider that almost countless parties have benefitted from 9/11 as repugnant as that might be. I find if I merely imagine a technology that time and again someone smarter than I has made it happen or nearly so. Nothing prevents me from thinking that innovation and technology has once again created multiple streams of wealth emanating from a man-made disaster. That I jump to "man-made" is my prerogative and my current opinion.

I currently can imagine that the likes of a BP, Haliburton, the US Navy, politicians and various "green" technology peddlers could all get a piece of this oily pie. For profits or the furthering of an agenda. It would have taken a significant amount of collusion to pull off a 9/11 conspiracy differing from the party line. It would take similar collusion here. This email if taken on face value indicates as much. If I consider that people could take a few thousand human lives at the drop of a hat I must also consider that livelihoods and entire ecosystems are not off the table for TPTB.

You never want a serious crisis to go to waste and what I mean by that is it's an opportunity to do things you didn't think you could do before. - Rahm Emanuel

This man might have taken a step back from the spotlight but that to my thinking was by design. I think it's very possible that this administration, not unlike the last one, is creating it's own opportunities. Or should I say opportunities for their owners.

In contrast to 911, wherein after enough media programming, most were convinced to have seen 'planes' strike buildings, a building collapse for no reason, this disaster is a mile underwater, and out at sea. There is no doubt that tptb are seizing the moment, `a la rahm emanuel, if only by the responses, or non-responses, by a normally quite active obama administration, to this disaster. By 2012, those non responses will have decimated those in 'power', and bring about a new partisan politics fan club ~a source of joy for thos who think 'conservatives' are somehow less control/power mad. Rahm stepped out of the light to protect his mossad ass in case things start getting better in our country, as we approach the truth of these elusive matters, if only by consequence. By that time, his name has got to start coming up, even by jew non-mentioner glen beck. Also, his ability to be seen glorying about is somewhat diminished by his nearness to the obama-blogo thing. Lots of reasons for rahm to lay low at the moment. But he is actively at work on this crisis, you betcha. And I remind us that tptb will do exactly what they always do: misdirect, deceive, flip it 180 degrees and grab the helm. There are a lot of us, which is why it is their goal to tax and oppress us at all seams. This is just another glorious opportunity for them.

I hope that the government's non-response to this fire spreading toward the mainland in the form of coreffit and hidden, sunken, now dispersed oil, lands them in a fire that fries them all. The politics. The media. All of them. They were doing nothing except scheming, and telling you what they need to have you told~ a few very thought out sound bytes which obama gave in a speech after 60-70 days! Words designed to keep US captive for their ineptitude and lusts. If this was not an intentional disaster, it is now.

Some have mentioned that the feeds are not real. All I would speculate is that they are capable of getting us to believe anything and everything regarding this snafu. After all, it's a mile under the water...and 5 times that to access the deposit. And yes, all the little and big power players will be clustered around this, staying quiet, and quietly seeking to gain power, influence, money, the ability to make new laws and policy. Even greenpeace is silent....greenpeace? Too busy scheming to gain lobbying powers? Or have the media silenced them too? That little hiccup in the globalwarming™ hoax must have frightened everyone on board! As many of us have already guessed: this may be the new fast track for the nwo.

[edit on 2-7-2010 by davidmann]

[edit on 2-7-2010 by davidmann]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   

I was reading about the relief well. This article says,"Kent Wells, a senior vice president with the British oil giant, said the first relief well was now 200 feet (61 meters) from the ruptured well as it heads towards the bottom of the seafloor."
If it's only 200 feet, why will it take until August?

Here's the article: www.google.com...

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   

did you hear the guy talking to RT about it (vid posted in another thread) - he sounded genuine and mentioned something that no one wants to mention: tectonic plate changes.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join