It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oil Leak + Evidence = Unfathomable Disaster ! Government Not Talking to Avoid MASS PANIC! The Earth

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cloudsinthesky
reply to post by Blaine91555

It sounds like your a geologist??

Not really. I did start out as Geology Major in the early 1970's and I do have a degree, even though I've not actually used it since then. The basics I understand and I never took any courses dealing with Petrology as I was interested in Mineralogy at the time.

I later worked as a Roghneck on oil wells between Construction projects. I mainly worked in those days as an Industrial Electrician on large prototype projects in the high Wyoming desert area and around the Over-thrust Belt. I do have the inside info on what lies under the surface in that area, but that's another topic.

Since then, my only involvement is my passion for collecting mineral specimens and crystals. I'm currently building my third collection. I also tinker with searching for gemstone deposits and a little prospecting. I know just enough to be stupid.

It is the media that is driving this nonsense with their insanity. They have certainly caused at least as much financial harm as the actual leak.

To the person who wants me to start a thread, I'll try is all I can promise. I'm posting between phone calls while trying to work. I now own a company in a completely different line of work.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nogard2012
One thing that is weird about the Gulf of Mexico is its unusually circular shape
Like a huge impact crater 2500 kilometers in diameter, bigger than anything discovered on any planet.
Its probably the cause of the Permian Triassic extinction
What i am saying is could it still be an area of crustal weakness and thus under that oil theres only a thin layer of rock and below that the molten mantle.

If enough oil is removed then the roof of the reserve could collapse and cause the thin layer of rock between it and the mantle to destabilize and create a new volcano

If this is true then the only chance of stopping this is the relief wells.
but that could be in mid August
and then it will take months to stop it completely.

Not to mention a hurricane could delay that even more.

I actually said something similar about calderas and how this is very close to Yellowstone www.cuttingedge.org... which went into the red before this incident. geology.com... The Gulf could be a caldera rather than an impact crater - these are the volcanoes that pack mega punches. A co worker and I were chatting and I said it would be something if this was no accident, but a relief drain to create a hemmorage for Yellowstone caldera. Now, I'm re-thinking this big time. See, if all they were doing was relieving Yellowstone, then why not tell us? Its my guess that too many expensive DUMBs have been built near this dangerous (Yellowstone) caldera and they are trying to save them.
If the ground is showing signs that magma is coming up w/the oil, then we are in for bigger shock and awe than any terrorist could ever fathom.

[edit on 14-6-2010 by DaWhiz]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I posted this yesterday but perhaps it was removed because I didn't provide more than a one sentence description. That's because I was speechless over this new footage which clearly shows oil seeping and even gushing out of cracks in the seabed itself. I'm merely posting in this thread because it corroborates with the OP's hypothesis. I hope the technically minded drilling and geological experts will watch the video (the first 2.5 minutes are enough) and comment here on this new factor:

(video in link)
Oil And Gas Leaks From Cracks In Seabed Confirmed – Videos Show Gulf Oil Spill Leaking From Seafloor/

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by teleomorph

OK, I see this development has it's own thread now:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I was sitting here with my mother last night, (who is already a member of ATS) and she asks me if I had been keeping up with the oil spill. I told her I had, but I guess I didn't really understand the serious global threat that this carries until she explained what she had read on this site.

So, hear I am in a complete panic attack. Reading virtually everything I can on this crisis. I have to say everything the OP stated does make sense people!

I came across this interesting site with questions that we need answered.

Here are just a few of the more interesting questions, and good rumors. I may have missed these in previous posts. If so, I apoligize.

Should we be concerned that birds are flocking north by the thousands?

If BP starts burning a large amount of the excess oil, won't that be really bad for the air?

Now for a few good rumors.

There are new reports that fishermen all over the Gulf of Mexico are becoming seriously ill from breathing the toxic brew being created by this oil spill and BP's response to it.

Matt Simmons, an energy adviser to former president George W. Bush, recently went on national television and claimed that "there's another leak, much bigger, 5 to 6 miles away" from the leaking riser and blowout preventer which everyone has been watching on the underwater cameras.

source thisistheendoftheworldasweknowit.com

I truly believe that if something isn't done, and that this isn't resovled very quickly. WE ARE IN SERIOUS TROUBLE!

Oh, by the way. Nice to meet everyone

buffalobryan

[edit on 14-6-2010 by buffalobryan]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by sjag9
Hey, all...just wanted to throw my 10 cents in here. Just for the record, I AM a geologist. That being said, I'm very, very certain that drilling into a batholith or pluton would almost certainly result in...nothing! The reason why nothing would happen is that all a batholith/pluton really is is a really big rock. At one time it was magma, but it cooled and turned into an igneous rock. If it was still molten it wouldn't be called a batholith or pluton, it would be called magma. So, I'm not quite sure what all the fuss over drilling into one is about other than a misunderstanding.

OK seriously, we have a geologist explain exactly what a Batholith/Pluton is and how it cannot erupt and yet the thread goes blissfully on for pages and pages and pages.

The spill is a nightmare. I can't think of anything good coming from nuking it (the least of which being all that crystallized methane suddenly heating up on the sea floor), but super volcano? That simply is just not something everyone was likely to miss.

A much sadder truth is the likelihood that the force of the leak has so weakened and eroded the area around the bore hole that bottom kill won't work even if they hit the target.

Its a race against time. Will they intersect the bore hole fast enough and deep enough before the erosion eats to low etc, etc. That's what I worry about.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Man, so many people on this site are so willing to make something out of nothing.

After reading through this epic facepalm of a thread I can't help but conclude that many posters here, on some level, want some catastrophic event to occur because of this disaster, rationally assumed by the willful denial of the facts, of common sense, and the injecting of a gross amount of hyperbole.

Why is it that every disaster, manmade or natural, has fanatics calling this the one that will end the world? How many times must they be proven wrong before they give up? It irks me.

But the thing that really irks me is this thread distracting people away from the real crisis that's going on in the gulf. The destruction of a delicate aquatic ecosystem and the imminent danger facing a huge number of marine life. It's honestly terrible. And this topic is like a slap in the face (read: insult) to the problems that are actually resulting from this catastrophe, in this reality.

I'll be back to this thread a week from now, when absolutely nothing like the OP suggests will happen does, a month from now, a year, and so on and so forth to hammer the point across that this thread is utterly misleading, pointless, and not based in reality.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Also, I really enjoyed TC's clever use of wording to make the topic title as dramatic and attention grabbing as possible.

Well done.

Oh and, evidence? What? Where? I don't see any evidence of anything.

People need to learn what the word "evidence" means.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod

While I don't really buy the sea floor collapsing since the oil deposit if under about 13,000 feet of sea bed (unless the oil deposit were like many many times that in area and depth (IE a big enough hole would be created).

Think of a thin piece of ice over a drinking glass, probably stays in tact. Take the same thin piece of ice, but have it placed over a 20 foot swimming pool and it collapses.

All that said, I think I have read (on here even) that they usually replace what they suck out with sea water or whatever. Can't remember how reputable that was, but they certainly are not refilling/replacing anything here.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
People are freaking because MSM, the Presient and experts are putting off being able to do something about this for MONTHS! Hundreds of animals are dead, and many more will be. My friend who lives on the Alabama coast told me that we have not been shown that hundreds and hundreds of animals are washing up on shore-dead. And the fact that the Govt and BP have failed to keep the public appraised of what they are doing and when...no clean up crews to speak of.....these are reasons to worry that this is much more than what we are being told...

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Lynzer

This seems to show a pretty good timeline of what the government and BP are doing about the spill.

The government is being secretive?
Holy cheeseburgers batman, that's a shocker.

BP and the guvmint ****ed up. This is a monumental disaster (not a supervolcano *facepalm*) that so far, both parties are failing to handle efficiently. No wonder they don't want every Tom, Dick, and Harry reporting on the site to report back just how big of a lackluster job they're doing.

And yes, they're reasons to worry. But not because they just had some random epiphany that they drilled into a supervolcano and the world is doomed and OMG OMG OMG ****. The reason to worry is because an incredible amount of hazardous oil is rapidly ejecting into the Gulf of Mexico every day, jeopardizing the entire ecosystem and the economy of coastal states. /thread.

Keep thinking what you want. I stand by what I posted. I'll see this thread a year from now, continuing to mock the stupid levels of hyperbole and total lack of common sense displayed here.

[edit on 14-6-2010 by SaosinEngaged]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Personally, I believe BP has drilled into an interdimensional vortex, and denizens of sector 98x^2 are going to begin pouring out of the drill site. By 2012, we'll all be nothing but pets to an evil interdimensional alien menace.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by buffalobryan

Seriously?

"Should we be concerned that birds are flocking north by the thousands? "

Birds migrating north in the spring/summer? The only thing this is a sign of is natural events.

If they were heading North in the winter, then maybe you might get my attention.

I agree with many that there is way to much fear mongering going on. The basic truth of this ridiculously terrible oil spills impact on the environment and the likelihood of BP actually getting this thing fixed in any reasonable amount of time are far more than enough of a nightmare without the rest of this silliness.

Cheers

PS. Just to be clear, I respect the right of the OP and others to express their opinions. Who is to say when we stumble upon some really intriguing ideas. I don't mean for my comments to be taken as an attack, but I do feel that in many cases cooler heads need to prevail. Thanks for putting the work into the original post and sharing your thoughts.

[edit on 14-6-2010 by Hogback]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Hogback

Spot on.

And yes, the OP had the right to post this. But I also had the right to be annoyed for all the reasons stated above, and, as I did, post my own opinions about this topic and proposed ideas.

Cooler heads always prevail, but I cannot stand something of a mockery being made of a real and ongoing environmental catastrophe.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
BP Bans Workers From Sharing
Photos of Animals Killed by the Oil Spill

www.treehugger.com...

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Barack Obama calls for clean-energy push

There is a NG deployment, pretty big so far.

US President Barack Obama has called on his party and supporters to back a "new future" of clean energy.

Visiting areas affected by the BP oil spill, he said the full resources of government were being deployed, with 17,500 National Guard troops available.

They don't know yet...

In addition, the government had held preliminary conversations with BP about how to deal with compensation claims and expected that a mechanism would be agreed soon, the president said.

That's quick, although they don't know how yet...

He announced measures to protect the Gulf seafood industry, and pledged that beaches in the area could and would be returned to their pristine condition within one or two years.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaosinEngaged
Why is it that every disaster, manmade or natural, has fanatics calling this the one that will end the world?

Why? Because humanity deserve extinction! I've been praying to GAIA and cursing humanity ever since this well blew that it will explode and wipe out as many humans as the humans have killed birds, and fishies, and dolphins, and cows, and pigs, and chickens, and rabbits and whatever else they have been victimizing for their party down good time here on Earth. I pray that mother nature goes on the defensive and smacks humanity in the ass hard for their horrible crimes against nature. Also, these dead animals washing up in the gulf is nothing compared to the atrocities being committed by the murderous meat eater heathens on Earth.

Listen, you want to make sure this never happens again? Pray with me, curse humanity every day, and hope this mess turns into something they might learn a lesson from. Pray that this things blows up in humanities face and they suffer as much as these animals they don't REALLY care about .. because if they really cared, they would shut down ALL off shore drilling and go back to living modest minimal lives in little log cabins on the prairie.

I sure hope this things turns into a flaming oil and gas volcano, it's the only way I think humanity will learn. Short of that, maybe it will be their deserved doom. Crack baby crack, and let the revenge flow freely and unrestricted!

You know, if they can't stop this, eventually it will blow. Once the oil and gas leak out and the pressure equalizes, ocean water can then seep down into that hole you hewmons stabbed into the planet and crack resulting thereof where it can vaporize and build even more and greater pressure until KABOOM!! ... Dead hewmons washing up on short instead of innocent wildlife!!! Now THAT would be justice!!!

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SassyCat
About the nuke, here are some facts:

1. Chernobyl nuclear disaster causing extreme levels of radiation did not damage the wild life and the lush forest quickly took over the whole city. In fact, some animals (eg wolves) already find it as a safe heaven against poachers. Therefore the "evil radiation bla bla" argument is moot here.

2. You and Russians did so, so, many of those nuclear tests causing MAJOR damage, deaths, diseases and whatnot. In the name of killing. Now, in the name of PREVENTING death scientists are all of a sudden SCARED to use nuclear weapons? Yeah.... sure. Nuclear fallout? What about the fallout of so many tests on sea as well as on land, in the name of war?

3. Aside from relief wells that may or may not work, which also STILL depend on BP, there is no other option any more than to nuke it. So, even with the risk, the consequences of not doing it may outweigh consequences of a nuking it. I just don't know yet why is that Costner's magic machine not mentioned anywhere....

So the only real argument against the nuke is the fact that you don't really know what's going to happen. The radiation and fallout are predictable factors we're ALL already too much familiar with. When Chernobyl clouds swept over Europe we were evacuated and the radiation was dispersed to minimal amount and absorbed by land.
I love our planet and all the animals, and would not want to see that gulf, a safe-heaven for many animals go 99% DEAD because of black goo and poisonous gasses...

uh...no.

There is more than one "real" reason to be against the NUKING.

America doesn't want to go that route because every country that has offshore drilling will want a NUKE "in case" this happens.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
All the secrecy is very disturbing to me. The more I see on this crisis and the more threads I read, I have to believe there is so much more to this story than the public even has an inkling of and we're waiting for details that TPTB aren't going to disclose.

There are lots of things that don't add up.

The response has been weak, there have been multiple show biz parties at the White House while all this has been going on, BP has been given command of everything including the goons enforcing the media blackout on the beaches. I don't know, something is rotten about this whole thing.

I'm interested in hearing what Obama has to say in the address to the American people tomorrow night. He has almost no credibility with me anymore because he has so far been a gutless "leader" who goes down there for photo ops and that's it.

I wish I knew what they are all hiding from us. Something big, I think.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaosinEngaged
reply to post by Lynzer

This seems to show a pretty good timeline of what the government and BP are doing about the spill.

The government is being secretive?
Holy cheeseburgers batman, that's a shocker.

BP and the guvmint ****ed up. This is a monumental disaster (not a supervolcano *facepalm*) that so far, both parties are failing to handle efficiently. No wonder they don't want every Tom, Dick, and Harry reporting on the site to report back just how big of a lackluster job they're doing.

And yes, they're reasons to worry. But not because they just had some random epiphany that they drilled into a supervolcano and the world is doomed and OMG OMG OMG ****. The reason to worry is because an incredible amount of hazardous oil is rapidly ejecting into the Gulf of Mexico every day, jeopardizing the entire ecosystem and the economy of coastal states. /thread.

Keep thinking what you want. I stand by what I posted. I'll see this thread a year from now, continuing to mock the stupid levels of hyperbole and total lack of common sense displayed here.

[edit on 14-6-2010 by SaosinEngaged]

Given the magnitude of this disaster.....I would hardly call it making "something out nothing". You must have your head in sand if you thinks "its nothing".

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join