It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oil Leak + Evidence = Unfathomable Disaster ! Government Not Talking to Avoid MASS PANIC! The Earth

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio

the situation is not unsolvable...

one need only to rethink the natural oil system of planet Earth.

If a major artery were severed ... the deepwater horizon well gusher ...and stopping the blood flow is impossible,
then one has to collect the blood.

We collect the blood/oil by sealing off the present GOM so that the oil
does not get out into the Atlantic currents.
Sealing off means fashioning, erecting a monumental wall utilizing the Florida Keys chain, then on to Cuba and from there a containment wall to the Yucatan -- which seals off the GOM from the Florida straits & then into the Atlantic & seals off the GOM from the Carribbean.

the GOM will become a pool of oil mixed with water eventually, and all during this period of decades, there will be mega processing plants built on the shores of this hydrocarbon sea to seperate the oil/water mix.
also plants that process the deepwater gusher oil into a product which transports efficiently....

iow, the USA - GOM -Central America becomes the new oil pool of the planet...the open-air, sea of oil will have its drawbacks, but the laytex body coverings we will need to wear when going outside will be given freely by the gov't that has taken over energy supply from the soon to be defunct private multi-national oil corps.

You do realize that the natural flow of water out of the gulf of mexico up the atlantic coast is responsible for keeping the eastern seaboard and most of northern euroupe warm right? It's called the gulf stream current, if you stop that from flowing I 'd hate to see what transpired, experts say a mini ice age for where the current used to flow. So ya not a good idea.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by cantsee4looking
reply to post by Mythic Chris
[nice to hear that im not the only 1 that thinks that this is getting to be real madness,the guys here are searching on the net for things that COULD HAPPEN,MIGHT HAPPEN,everything is a what if,and maybe....and the religious guy with the beard in that last video is a nut imo.......peace guys......

I have been reading this stuff, I am not a expert on anything.
I do Social Work. I have a B.S.C.J. SO WHAT!
I happen to agree with the above poster and those of like opinion.
It is interesting to see how people are reacting.

I would like to find a blog or web page from a person who lives in the GOM giving first hand accounts of what they see and how they feel.
Also, if people were to take this situation, just as it appears from the MSM, it is bad enough.

I just do not think the world is going to explode or the GOM will implode. The situation is bad enough as it is without exaggerating it.

IF some are correct...then I am wrong and I can live with that. Would not be the first time.

Who knows...maybe "doomers" are correct and it is just SO bad that nothing can be done so why try. At this point trying to clean the beaches is just an effort in futility.

If the whole of the GOM falls in its self or a gas cloud starts killing people I am sure we will hear about it.

I know nothing about deep water oil drilling or geology.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Adono86

like you said the ONE thing this site has got right is the amount of oil...the rest is completly made up what if senarios...it make for fun reading thou,i really do laugh out loud when i read some of these posts.....

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by seanizle
reply to post by paxnatus

Wow, just watched the video you posted from msnbc. This is really getting bad......

Is anyone else thinking about what Credo Mutwa said at the beginning of the year?

I really hope he was just trippin balls

That link is dated May 17th, with no external evidence of this prophecy being made before that date.

"In a stunning revelation, Credo Mutwa is reported to have foretold the Gulf oil disaster four months before it happened. In a notice sent out from a conference he was addressing he implies a coming oil apocolypse before 2011."

If you want people to believe you are a prophet, you need to publish things in a way that people will believe you said them before they occur. I don't buy into any of the Hopi prophecies for just that reason.

[edit on 14-6-2010 by Ian the Christian]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
cool can't wait for the fireworks.

we also still have operation blackjack as well supposedly.

Then Red Star Kachina approaches!

This could very well be the start of something big!

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by paxnatus
Can you imagine if they blow a volcano 30,000 feet below the ocean floor? No I can't either. Forget the danger of radiation, that will not be our biggest concern. The event will be monumental enough to throw the earth off it's axis.

Ok, for those who are likely to miss the enormity of this man made disaster, here's something that'll likely make you run for them hills. But then, soon there'll be nowhere to run, nowhere to hide....

First, the BP platform was drilling for what they call deep oil. They go out where the ocean is about 5,000 feet deep and drill another 30,000 feet into the crust of the earth. This it right on the edge of what human technology can do. Well, this time they hit a pocket of oil at such high pressure that it burst all of their safety valves all the way up to the drilling rig and then caused the rig to explode and sink. Take a moment to grasp the import of that. The pressure behind this oil is so high that it destroyed the maximum effort of human science to contain it.

When the rig sank it flipped over and landed on top of the drill hole some 5,000 feet under the ocean.

Now they've got a hole in the ocean floor, 5,000 feet down with a wrecked oil drilling rig sitting on top of it spewing 200,000 [gallons] of oil a day into the ocean.

First they have to get the oil rig off the hole to get at it in order to try to cap it. Do you know the level of effort it will take to move that wrecked oil rig, sitting under 5,000 feet of water? That operation alone would take years and hundreds of millions to accomplish. Then, how do you cap that hole in the muddy ocean floor? There just is no way. No way.

If we can't cap that hole that oil is going to destroy the oceans of the world. It only takes one quart of motor oil to make 250,000 gallons of ocean water toxic to wildlife. Are you starting to get the magnitude of this?

We're so used to our politicians creating false crises to forward their criminal agendas that we aren't recognizing that we're staring straight into possibly the greatest disaster mankind will ever see. Imagine what happens if that oil keeps flowing until it destroys all life in the oceans of this planet. Who knows how big of a reservoir of oil is down there.

Not to mention that the oceans are critical to maintaining the proper oxygen level in the atmosphere for human life.

We're humped. Unless God steps in and fixes this. No human can. You can be sure of that.

I'm starting to believe in the 2012 conspiracy theorists! By then it would probably be curtains!

Amen!

pesn.com...

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   

what is the white liquid now being pumped in or out near the base of the oil leak?

is it Corexit?, have they decided to start pumping it/ or at the base of the oil spill, so as it comes to the surface it doesnt look as bad?

[edit on 14-6-2010 by StealthKix]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by OrionHunterX

If we can't cap that hole that oil is going to destroy the oceans of the world. It only takes one quart of motor oil to make 250,000 gallons of ocean water toxic to wildlife. Are you starting to get the magnitude of this?
????????????????....do you know how much oil is in the well to say this.....sounds like more bs,,,,,,,,,,,,,,that is a real mad statement you made there buddy....your source for that please........

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
on the radio a regular known guest just phoned in
alabama 20 miles in it smells heavily like wd40
it smells like the inside of a garage full of Harlies.
on the local news he said a man on the beach near pensacola
is scooping the gunk from hell off the bottom for the camera in 2 feet of water

on 680 news AM all talk in Toronto Ontario Canada they are saying take your vacation in Florida because the thing to do is write your name
in a tar ball
this is now IN

[edit on 14-6-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Folks it looks like we may have an even bigger problem here. Marrs touched on the reasons for the no fly zone in the gulf area, because of the methane gas that is being released. Man, I hate to sound like I am fear mongering, bur someone has got to say it. Does anyone here remember what happened at lake Nios in Camaroon Africa not to many years ago. You know the one where the methane gas seeded the clouds and they became heavy enough to descend on the town and burn villagers Please, completely forget the idea of nukes for all our sakes.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by sjag9

Thanks so much for posting. I respect your background as a geologist. I do not expect your post to stop the madness unfortunately. People love a disaster. Just maybe we will get lucky and I will be wrong.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by cantsee4looking

Source? I thought I'd mentioned the source? Did you even bother to read the full post before shooting from the hip?? Ah, I see what your problem is. Your name is....cantsee!!

Anyway, here it is again...

pesn.com...

[edit on 14-6-2010 by OrionHunterX]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yule C Mann
... because of the methane gas that is being released. ... the methane gas seeded the clouds and they became heavy enough to descend on the town and ..

A good cloud to cloud lightening strike will take care of a cloud like that, ha.

I wonder if that area around those ships could ignite if hit by lightening. With this never ending flow of oil to fuel the flames, they'd never be able to get back out there once that area in the gulf catches fire. The skies would turn black and then the machines would have to take over the world and harness humans as batteries (where did I see something like that happen before?
).

Anyhow, your mention of methane got me wondering if the nitrogen oxides and volatile organic compounds being released by this mess in the gulf will have any affects on the ozone layer too. ??

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by paxnatus

A no fly zone has been enforced above 3,000 ft.

Just like one rotton apple can taint the whole barrell, one piece of blatent misinfo can taint an entire post. First, there is no "no fly zone". There are some TFRs, or Temporary Flight Restrictions, putting requirements on non-spill related flights BELOW (not above) 3000 feet AGL. I fly daily from TPA to IAH and back, a route that goes directly above the spill area. It is on an instrument flight plan above FL290. Check out Flightaware.com for activity at Houston (IAH) and you will see all the flights crossing the spill area from TPA, MIA, FLL, MCO, ORL, etc.
The TFRs are for non-spill related flights only and any other flight can go, even below 3000', with prior notification.

[edit on 13-6-2010 by paxnatus]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by rick1

Originally posted by sjag9
Hey, all...just wanted to throw my 10 cents in here. Just for the record, I AM a geologist. That being said, I'm very, very certain that drilling into a batholith or pluton would almost certainly result in...nothing! The reason why nothing would happen is that all a batholith/pluton really is is a really big rock. At one time it was magma, but it cooled and turned into an igneous rock. If it was still molten it wouldn't be called a batholith or pluton, it would be called magma. So, I'm not quite sure what all the fuss over drilling into one is about other than a misunderstanding.

Again even if nothing happened due to the drilling into a batholith.........The end result is catastrophic and US much less the world will change forever. The BOP weights 450 tons sitting on top a cracked casing that is eroding away the formation below the subfloor. Once enough erosion has occured the weight of the BOP will tilt collapsing the well head on the subfloor. Game over at this point........

Its a race against time to relieve the pressure off the casing and who better in charge of getting this done very quickly none other than BP and the US government. There actions speak loud and clear so far......

This in not fearmongering as many have posted in this thread. This is the technical facts that BP/GOV/Media is not telling the public........

Dont get me wrong I wish and pray for a miracle........

Unfortunately our miracle lays in the hands of BP and the US Government.....

[edit on 14-6-2010 by Cloudsinthesky]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Nice Info
I am new here btw
So please be kind

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
This whole scenario is unfolding like a bad tasting, end-of-the-world blockbuster.

I pray the doom and gloom calling is dead wrong. I pray the misinfo posters are right.

We are walking on egg shells right now. And if and when some future civilization studies us, can you imagine what they will write about our actions?

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by OrionHunterX

I've been reading everything significant I can for the past few days and I have to say I'm feeling pretty disturbed now. No news is good, everything coming through is just BAD.

I didn't realize the rig is on top of the actual well but surely they wouldn't need to remove the entire rig to access the area where they need to try and cap it...won't they just be using whatever it is they use underwater (ie blowtorch type devices) to get rid of relevant sections so they have a good access point ? The article you linked to has that bit where the aithor writes the rig is ON the well crossed out, so maybe that bit is wrong...Or am I missing something ?

[edit on 14/6/10 by cosmicpixie]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Well I see this really took off! I want to clarify a few things regarding my opening post.

I stated in the beginning, that this is what I believed was happening. I have facts to back up claim. It is not a question whether you like the source or not.
Some of you have misconstrued what i have said.

As far as the event would knock the Earth off it's axis. I did not mean the earth would be knocked out of orbit as some have said I said, that is a far stretch of the imagination. However, do you remember the tsunami of 2005?
For those of you that say such a thing as the axis changing is not possible, please look at this...

Tsunami shifts Earth

Shanghai Star. 2005-02-17

THE massive earth-quake that triggered the Asian tsunami wobbled the earth on its axis, forced cartographers back to the drawing board and changed time by a fraction, but there's no need to adjust your clocks.

app1.chinadaily.com.cn...

I have a very busy day but will be back to add more info.

Thank you for all opinions! I appreciate the willingness to discuss "what is really going on"

Pax

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
OK,

I shall start by saying , Hi everyone !

This is my first reply on a thread here at ATS , I must say , ATS is a very well done website , very informative , nice job !

I don't know how many hours I did spend reading those threads ,but it sure is keeping me very busy.

Lets get down to the reason of my reply .

I was wandering if you guys have ever seen this pdf document , it's the Initial BP Exploration Plan for Bloc 252 of the Mississipi Canyon Area :

Here is the Link !

Very interesting document !

I was not sure to have seen this doc before on ATS threads , that is why I'm posting it ! ( Sorry for any 2x post if so )

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join