It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oil Leak + Evidence = Unfathomable Disaster ! Government Not Talking to Avoid MASS PANIC! The Earth

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gold_Bug
OP, Thank you for your post. Although, I disagree with some of your conjecture; you thread got me to do some research that resulted in this new ATS thread:

***SECRET BONE CHILLING – EPA Gulf of Mexico LIVE & DEATH Report***

Excerpt: "***GULF OF MEXICO REGIONAL WARNING: Airborne toxins and extremely poisonous volatile organic compounds (VOCs) have been found in the region by the EPA. The concentrations are 100+ times the maximum safe level for human inhalation. Exposure to these airborne toxins may result in: Respiratory illness, kidney failure, birth defects, brain disorders, incapacitation, and/or death. (Source linked below.)"

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Note: a 2nd confirmation source has been found and is documented in the thread.

I dont want to take away form this thread but this story is huge and must be spread to everyone you know. People could be exposed as we speak.

And thank you to the OP for the info and research.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 05:10 AM
link   

How can you attribute this disaster on the consumer items I buy

We are consuming ourselves to death, and the corporations are loving all the profits.

It is YOUR fault.

As for this thread, EPIC FAIL.

*remembers swine flu apocalypse that never happened*

Why has everyone ignored the few posts of actual facts which would have confirmed that your fears are unfounded?

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   
The post below is being ignored and it shouldn't. I am not saying we should believe everything that is said, but if what is said there is true, then this whole thread is now pointless.

PLEASE READ:

Originally posted by IntelRetard

Originally posted by sjag9
Hey, all...just wanted to throw my 10 cents in here. Just for the record, I AM a geologist. That being said, I'm very, very certain that drilling into a batholith or pluton would almost certainly result in...nothing! The reason why nothing would happen is that all a batholith/pluton really is is a really big rock. At one time it was magma, but it cooled and turned into an igneous rock. If it was still molten it wouldn't be called a batholith or pluton, it would be called magma. So, I'm not quite sure what all the fuss over drilling into one is about other than a misunderstanding.

great reply,

ATSers never let the facts get in the way of a great fantasy pseudo science story.

Everyone will ignore YOUR REPLY as it kills the excitement of the thread based on speculation and fear mongering!

[edit on 13-6-2010 by IntelRetard]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Wow...just wow.

I've posted in numerous other threads about this onrushing mega-catastrophe, trying to get my head around it and thus far? Meh. It's just too big. It's just hard to believe that we may be staring into the maw of oblivion. I mean, lets face it - we're ATS'ers! We've stared down comets, asteroids, rogue governments, plagues, diseases, the "axis of evil", 8 years of George W. Bush, the NWO, etc etc. We're not a bunch of pansies here.

This, however, is different...at least for me.

For the first time ever, since I've been posting here, I'm scared.

This is the biggest threat I've ever seen in my lifetime and, assuming I (we) survive it, it's likely to be the biggest I ever see.

So, here's my question - as ATS'ers, assuming the worst (we do LOVE to do that! lol), how are you all planning to face this particular brand of doom? You have to admit, this isn't the way we all thought we'd go. "Oil Giga-catastrophe" was pretty low on my list of "Holy-crap! We're DONE FOR" list.

In some ways, it's almost comforting to think that if this does rise to the level of E.L.E. that it will be somehow natural (albeit, human induced).

What say you?

[edit on 14-6-2010 by Nyteskye]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 05:20 AM
link   
I think this will be probably the most significant event in our history.

They aint going to stop it, relief wells wont stop it... it's just too big. Nuking it may be our only hope but if that doesn't work then we are screwed.

It's all ok now for us in Europe but come christmas and the new year when this oil reaches africa, europe then all hell will start and break loose.

I keep saying to people that they are not going to stop it and everytime they tell me to shut up I am proven right.

It's just a sad situation to see the human race in. How long will this go for? Years? Decades? Let's say ten years. The whole Atlantic is dead and maybe the Pacific due to spreading all around the world. Lets say the Mediterranian and the English Channel and Irish sea are alright along with a few others due to measures being put in place. If I were governments in Europe I would already be urging to place oil defenses along the sea to protect our coastlines.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Some posters have asked about best/worse case scenarios.

It is a matter of speculation partly because the government and BP have not released critical information and have repeatedly lied to the public regarding the disaster.

Best Case scenario:

If you assume the relief wells being finished by august and that they will be effective in stopping the spill. The result may be similar to the Exxon-Valdez spill that is already fairly well documented. Only on a much larger scale due to a larger volume of oil, possibility of large areas damaged from hurricanes, and the much greater density of all life forms (animal, plant and human) in the affected locations. The environmental and economic impacts in Alaska have lasted to this day. Long term impacts on wildlife and fish some of which may not recover for generations if at all. Traces of oil and other contaminates, such as dispersants and other toxic substances found in oil , still in the environment many years later as breakdown rates vary greatly depending on many factors. Unknown long term effects on human health, contaminated water sources, damage to crops and the land they are grown on. Long term negative economic effects due to loss of tourism, fishing, costs of cleanup and wildlife replacement, loss of jobs, increased healthcare costs (physical and mental) and a long list of other things.

Worst case scenario:

The worst case scenario is extinction of humanity and most other life forms planet wide. This seems unlikely but certainly is not impossible given the number of unknown variables in play. It is quite possible the entire reservoir will bleed out into the ocean before any fix is completed. We have no reliable figures on the number of gallons of oil that may be there. Some have put the figure at around 2 billion gallons. This would cause severe damage to a great part of the Atlantic ocean. The effects would be felt worldwide and could lead to economic collapse, starvation, climate change, and a significant number of humans facing early deaths due to multiple factors. The amount of oil could be in the trillions of gallons leading to the death of the oceans. It is questionable whether humanity could survive this loss. The amount of gas being released is also an unknown. Large amounts of methane could be lethal in other ways as covered elsewhere in this thread.

The most likely outcome is somewhere between these extremes. Some things that do not bode well are the constant lying and lowballing of the oil leak size, the refusal to make public such things as the record of exactly what geological formations did the well drill through, the apparent foreknowledge of the disaster allowing the dumping of stocks, attempts at media suppression, and the halfhearted cleanup effort as if for some reason it was not even worth trying.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ovelaset

The most likely outcome is somewhere between these extremes. Some things that do not bode well are the constant lying and lowballing of the oil leak size, the refusal to make public such things as the record of exactly what geological formations did the well drill through, the apparent foreknowledge of the disaster allowing the dumping of stocks, attempts at media suppression, and the halfhearted cleanup effort as if for some reason it was not even worth trying.

Not that it would do any good at his point, but I'd love to see this disaster traced back to it's moment of origin and have an exposé written about it/him:

The Man Who Destroyed the World

Imagine what that guy must feel like at this moment, knowing he gave the fatal order on board the Deepwater Horizon... I curse him to hell, and I can't even imagine what the weight of this catastrophe must feel like on his shoulders. As it worsens by the day, it must be it's own special brand of hell - assuming anybody who works for "big oil" has any conscious whatsoever. Maybe his mega-bonus will make him feel better...one can only hope.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   
My biggest question is, why is there a media black out? I'm focused on what they want to cover up. Even if Pax's post is disregarded as "fear mongering", there's still a huge reason for the black out.

They were actually successful with swine flu. They made alot of $, were able to instill alot of fear, panic, and paranoia in the masses long enough for people to run for their vaccines. I still wonder to this day, where are all the families of those who died from swine flu. Why have we yet to hear from them? I digress..

My husband has one family member in the gulf, who has said that when she sees BP packing it up and leaving quickly, then we all know it will be time to panic. She's already leaving just in case. The only word is that people are feeling sickly, with sinus and cough, and burning nasal passages.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by henriquefd
The post below is being ignored and it shouldn't. I am not saying we should believe everything that is said, but if what is said there is true, then this whole thread is now pointless.

PLEASE READ:

Originally posted by IntelRetard

Originally posted by sjag9
Hey, all...just wanted to throw my 10 cents in here. Just for the record, I AM a geologist. That being said, I'm very, very certain that drilling into a batholith or pluton would almost certainly result in...nothing! The reason why nothing would happen is that all a batholith/pluton really is is a really big rock. At one time it was magma, but it cooled and turned into an igneous rock. If it was still molten it wouldn't be called a batholith or pluton, it would be called magma. So, I'm not quite sure what all the fuss over drilling into one is about other than a misunderstanding.

great reply,

ATSers never let the facts get in the way of a great fantasy pseudo science story.

Everyone will ignore YOUR REPLY as it kills the excitement of the thread based on speculation and fear mongering!

[edit on 13-6-2010 by IntelRetard]

Quoted again, just because it is being ignored.. still.. yep.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by punterdeb

Originally posted by Ironclad
reply to post by mazzroth

I love Australia... truley the lucky country..lol

That said, if 50% of the worlds population dose go the way of the Dodo, and entire races are wiped out..

With our massive ethnic diversity, the races will live on...

[edit on 6/14/2010 by Ironclad]

lmao....your quote cracked me up. if only people in other countries understood how true your quote is. only trouble is that if we do have to repopulate from here, the world will be run by the middle east - from australia.

LOL well it'll be a race between the Chinese or the Middle Eastern Populations..

But really, the Middle Eastern Population in AU really accounts for around 5% Asian around 15%, latin around 6%, Indigenous 10%, Polonisian 5%, Native American 2%, Baltic 10% the rest is made up of mostly Central and Western European descent.
But still more than enuf' to give us a massive range of Genetic Diversity.
And anyway, most of the Middle Eastern ppl I know down here are as much Beer swilling, swearing, BBQ loving, Aussie Slang, Party animals as the rest of us...lol

Ozzi, Ozzi, Ozzi - Oi, Oi, Oi...!!!!

[edit on 6/14/2010 by Ironclad]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Found someone else who was considering this theory Pax, it's from some weeks ago :

see here

Also this recent thread at godlike productions

[edit on 14/6/10 by cosmicpixie]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggyproductions05

omg..these threads are sooo much fun to read,all the doom and gloom,its only a oil leak....you guys should relax a bit switch of your computers for a week and spend time with ya friends,have a beer,and a bbq.......jeeez....yeah ok it is bad but come on ive heard things like 50 million people may have to evacuate,the gasses will kill everyone in the northern hemisphere,blah,blah,blah...i will sign off now and hopefully we will all be around still in the morning ,ah guys............

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   
apologies

[edit on 14/6/10 by cosmicpixie]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   
the situation is not unsolvable...

one need only to rethink the natural oil system of planet Earth.

If a major artery were severed ... the deepwater horizon well gusher ...and stopping the blood flow is impossible,
then one has to collect the blood.

We collect the blood/oil by sealing off the present GOM so that the oil
does not get out into the Atlantic currents.
Sealing off means fashioning, erecting a monumental wall utilizing the Florida Keys chain, then on to Cuba and from there a containment wall to the Yucatan -- which seals off the GOM from the Florida straits & then into the Atlantic & seals off the GOM from the Carribbean.

the GOM will become a pool of oil mixed with water eventually, and all during this period of decades, there will be mega processing plants built on the shores of this hydrocarbon sea to seperate the oil/water mix.
also plants that process the deepwater gusher oil into a product which transports efficiently....

iow, the USA - GOM -Central America becomes the new oil pool of the planet...the open-air, sea of oil will have its drawbacks, but the laytex body coverings we will need to wear when going outside will be given freely by the gov't that has taken over energy supply from the soon to be defunct private multi-national oil corps.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by StargateSG7

Okay then, so maybe the BOP won't blow up .. but could it fall over?

www.theoildrum.com...-648967

Scroll down to the post marked: dougr on June 13, 2010 - 3:17am where it says:

This down hole leak will undermine the foundation of the seabed in and around the well area. It also weakens the only thing holding up the massive Blow Out Preventer's immense bulk of 450 tons. In fact?...we are beginning to the results of the well's total integrity beginning to fail due to the undermining being caused by the leaking well bore.

Personally, I think humanity deserves what's going to happen .. for ALL their crimes against nature! Bye bye humanity, don't let the oil slick his ya'll in the bee-hind on your way out!

[edit on 14-6-2010 by Divinorumus]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by seanizle
I don't see anything about "Batholith's" being dangerous? Are you saying that because they have drilled into it, this thing is going to explode? Because again I cannot seem to find something that indicates that they have the potential to erupt like a volcano.

If the batholith's pressure is redused by an oil leak for example, its "roof" might collapse, create a giant tsunami and distabillise the earth - crust. making it "easier" for vulcanic eruptions and earthquakes to occurr.

[edit on 14-6-2010 by Psychiatrium]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I think I know why there was a media blackout, I mean all of you are ripping your hair out and going bat **** insane over this oil spill.

It was probably to prevent panic,
I also think that this disaster is bit exaggerated.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   
[yvid]
[/yvid]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Mythic Chris
[nice to hear that im not the only 1 that thinks that this is getting to be real madness,the guys here are searching on the net for things that COULD HAPPEN,MIGHT HAPPEN,everything is a what if,and maybe....and the religious guy with the beard in that last video is a nut imo.......peace guys......

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   
The reason why people are posting doom and gloom on here is because it's been going on for sometime and threads like these actually hold more information than we are being told in the MSM. Ok, half of the stuff is BS and pure speculation but the other half actually makes sense.

Somebody on here has predicted that Obama will issue a nuclear bomb to stop the leak tomorrow when he addresses the US nation. It's entirely reasonable to assume that. If it happens then once again the ATS community has got it right... if not, nevermind... it was aprediction.

But lets look at one thing that we have got right. The amount of oil thats been spilling. From day one we have all said that it was in the tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands. That figure is slowly creeping up in the MSM. The fact that they have not been able to stop this tells you that they are having some serious problems and possible are running out of ideas. This is a huge disaster and will have major effects that will last for the next century. Even if it stopped tomorrow it will still have major effects. This will be going for the next three months at least unless the nuclear option succeeds.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join