It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Law Warned Will Jail 500,000 Americans

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Looks like it has started.....

Foreign Ministry reports circulating in the Kremlin today are warning that an already explosive situation in the United States is about to get a whole lot worse as a new law put forth by President Obama is said capable of seeing up to 500,000 American citizens jailed for the crime of opposing their government. Sparking the concern of Russian diplomats over the growing totalitarian bent of the Obama government is the planned reintroduction of what these reports call one of the most draconian laws ever introduced in a free society that is titled "The Violent Radicalization and Homegrown Terrorism Prevention Act".

This would be the first step towards the marshaling of the public then jails and then, you simply go away.

"The mainstream media has made no effort to inform the public of the impending Violent Radicalization and Homegrown Terrorism Prevention Act. The Act, which was sponsored by Congresswoman Jane Harman of California, was passed in the House by an overwhelming 405 to 6 vote on October 24th and is now awaiting approval by the Senate Homeland Security Committee, which is headed by Senator Joseph Lieberman of Connecticut. Harman's bill contends that the United States will soon have to deal with home grown terrorists and that something must be done to anticipate and neutralize the problem. The act deals with the issue through the creation of a congressional commission that will be empowered to hold hearings, conduct investigations, and designate various groups as "homegrown terrorists." The commission will be tasked to propose new legislation that will enable the government to take punitive action against both the groups and the individuals who are affiliated with them. Like Joe McCarthy and HUAC in the past, the commission will travel around the United States and hold hearings to find the terrorists and root them out.

With the economy the way it is and the difficult time many are having this would be a prime time to strike. I think this needs watching a little closer than I realized, because I just stumbled onto this. Kinda made me worry a little more if DC is passing laws like this and not telling anyone. That scares me there but to have such a law to be used directly against it's own people in order to target them for voicing their beliefs. Its the start.....

Source here

[edit on 6/13/2010 by mikelee]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   
The American people united > The U.S Government

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 04:30 AM
link   

By: Sorcha Faal, and as reported to her Western Subscribers

Sorcha FaalSorcha Faal
Sorcha Faal
Sorcha FaalSorcha FaalSorcha FaalSorcha FaalSorcha FaalSorcha FaalSorcha FaalSorcha FaalSorcha FaalSorcha FaalSorcha FaalSorcha FaalSorcha FaalSorcha FaalSorcha FaalSorcha FaalSorcha FaalSorcha FaalSorcha FaalSorcha FaalSorcha FaalSorcha FaalSorcha Faal
Sorcha Faal
Sorcha Faal
Sorcha FaalSorcha FaalSorcha Faal
Sorcha FaalSorcha FaalSorcha Faal
Sorcha FaalSorcha Faal
Sorcha FaalSorcha Faal...Sorcha FaalSorcha FaalSorcha FaalSorcha FaalSorcha FaalSorcha FaalSorcha FaalSorcha Faal

Get the idea yet?

There is TOO MUCH tension in the world, TOO MUCH BS going down, TOO MUCH DISINFORMATION spreading like a disease without giving this NUTBALL any AIRTIME!

Thank you...

peace

[edit on 13-6-2010 by silo13]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by mikelee

Mike, no offense but I highly suggest you take a civics class before deciding to believe stories like this. The lack of common knowledge about whether or not the president writes laws aside, you have most certainly been around ATS long enough to know Sucha Fool is as worthless as the "Weekly World News." Did something happen when you became a non-truther recently? Maybe you should start a thread about bat-boy next.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   
silo is correct

Sorcha was also the one who reported
that North Korea was the one responsible
for torpedoing the Horizon Gulf Oil Rig
among a host of others.

not for me
but thanks for
the cyanide offer

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   
You know, mods, a couple of lines of code would filter out these wackaloon Sorcha Faal believers. Or do you enjoy wasting the member's time?

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by mikelee

An open cautious eye is better than a swollen one because you were looking the other way.

I'm familiar with the source folks, thanks. And I appreciate your "concern" there KJ.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
about DAVID BOOTH
his prediction
about that plane crash
the engine fell off...

who tempered with those bolts?

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikelee
reply to post by mikelee

An open cautious eye is better than a swollen one because you were looking the other way.

I'm familiar with the source folks, thanks. And I appreciate your "concern" there KJ.

I am not sure why you would appreciate it. My concern is not for your well being. My concern is that I have spent enough time around your posts to know that you know better. Recently you have decided to come out as a new recruit to the 9/11 OS and now this? Something is not right. Am I worried for you? No. I am concerned that there is a reason people who know better would begin making threads out of garbage.

It seems like you are just looking to stir a pot on ATS of late and not really contribute anything meaningful. Maybe you can tell us why we should put any stock in anything posted in this OP. If not, maybe you can explain why you bothered then when your many many many posts on ATS clearly demonstrate you know better?

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by K J Gunderson

Not contribute anything meaningful? Or do you mean anything that fits within your own belief system? That sounds more like it.

You've made a lot comments in many posts I have read, the majority of which are argumentative in context and rooted in retaliation rhetoric rather than anything that often has to do with the thread's topic you post in. But thats your ignorance, not mine.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I didn't have to click on a single link to conclude: [r]SORCHA FAAL!![/r]
Line two.
Line three for good measure.

Edit to add: still working on that BB code thing.

[edit on 13-6-2010 by DJW001]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
The Violent Radicalization and Homegrown Terrorism Prevention Act".
actually that law is scary as phylis dillar in the mourning

why have Sorcha" disinfo" Fall publicize it?
so people will waste time on Sorcha Fail

instead of looking at that commie ,fascist, nazi, gulagfiller.

you were right to bring up that law OP

thats the topic
only a fool wouldn't see that.

David Booth was inserted just for such distraction
which seems to be working on some
if a person reads the provisions in the bill this becomes obvious.

edit
FandS

when someone points something out, only a fool looks at the finger

[edit on 13-6-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
It sounded like a massive fail from the start, but I thought I'd do my due diligence and try and find some facts.

en.wikipedia.org...

The bill was introduced to the House on April 19 2007,[5] and passed on Oct 23, 2007.[6] It was introduced to the Senate on August 2, 2007 as S-1959.[7] The bill defines some terms including "violent radicalization," "homegrown terrorism," and "ideologically based violence,"[8] which have provoked controversy from some quarters. [9][10][11][12] The bill failed to become law during the 110th congress.

2007? Obama Law?

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
just off the top:
as scary as phylis dillars butt in the mouning

www.huffingtonpost.com...

As should be clear from the vagueness of the definitions, the Violent Radicalization and Homegrown Terrorism Prevention Act could easily be abused to define any group that is pressuring the political system as "terrorist," ranging from polygamists, to second amendment rights supporters, anti-abortion protesters, anti-tax agitators, immigration activists, and peace demonstrators. In reality, of course, it will be primarily directed against Muslims and Muslim organizations. Given that, there is the question of who will select which groups will be investigated by the roving commissions. There is no evidence to suggest that there will be any transparent or objective screening process. Through their proven access both to the media and to Congress, the agenda will undoubtedly be shaped by the usual players including David Horowitz, Daniel Pipes, Steve Emerson, and Frank Gaffney who see a terrorist hiding under every rock, particularly if the rock is concealing a Muslim. They and their associates will undoubtedly find plenty of terrorists and radical groups to investigate. Many of the suspects will inevitably be "anti-American" professors at various universities and also groups of Palestinians organized against the Israeli occupation, but it will be easily to use the commission formula to sweep them all in for examination.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikelee
reply to post by K J Gunderson

Not contribute anything meaningful? Or do you mean anything that fits within your own belief system? That sounds more like it.

Then maybe you can tell me what is meaningful about posting a lie about a law Obama made in 2007 from a known hoax source? If there is anything meaningful in that, I would LOVE TO READ IT!

You've made a lot comments in many posts I have read, the majority of which are argumentative in context and rooted in retaliation rhetoric rather than anything that often has to do with the thread's topic you post in. But thats your ignorance, not mine.

So all you really have is a personal assessment of me? How is that meaningful to ATS?

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   

June 13, 2010

California, was passed in the House by an overwhelming 405 to 6 vote on October 24th and is now awaiting approval by the Senate Homeland Security Committee, which is headed by Senator Joseph Lieberman of Connecticut. It is believed that approval by the committee will take place shortly, to be followed by passage by the entire Senate.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
"With the economy the way it is and the difficult time many are having this would be a prime time to strike."

With the economy the way it is and the difficult time many are having, prison would be a major upgrade to their current living conditions (three free meals a day, a free roof over your head). Is there anywhere you can sign up to get to the front of the line?

This is the type of paranoid fear mongering rubbish you can expect to read from someone who has compromised his integrity because he has been "burning the candle at both ends".

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   

The view that 9/11 has "changed everything" is unfortunately all too true. It has unleashed American paranoia, institutionalized mistrust of foreigners, and created a fantasy universe in which a US beset by enemies must do anything and everything to counter the alien threat.

If it were a sane world,

it would be difficult to imagine why anyone would believe that a Violent Radicalization and Homegrown Terrorism Prevention Act is even necessary.

The United States has spent hundreds of billions of dollars in strengthening law enforcement and intelligence capabilities against terrorists and has every tool imaginable to investigate and make arrests. It has created a whole new bloated and dysfunctional branch of government in the Department of Homeland Security. What is not needed is groups of congressionally empowered vigilantes roaming the country at will looking for "homegrown terrorism."

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Me first!
Come get me first!

Or try.
Got waaay too much ammo around here.
Gotta do something with it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join