It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Census Shows Rising Minority Population

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
From what I'm getting it seems that the OP is a closet racist. No one but a racist would care about a rising minority population. When someone is scared that "whites" will no longer be the majority in this country , they probably have a deep seated hatred for melanin enhanced folks. This guy seems like the type of dude that wont call you a N***** to your face , but best believe hes thinking it!

Another thing I've noticed as with the Tea Party folks , why does it seem like only broke white people are mad and "want their country back" as if it's the Mexicans or Blacks that made them broke. None of my six figure income friends have exhibited this behavior , It leads me to believe tmaybe it's more of a socio-economic thing rather than a racial one.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SPACEYstranger
reply to post by RRokkyy

so, because you lived in a nice neighborhood means that race is responsible for crime? i live in an all white neighborhood too, right now, and i can tell you there is enough crime. It is a wealthy area, so its nothing major, but it exists, and is mostly commited by the white residents (because there arent any others)

No rapes,no murders,no violence. You have made my case. Thank you.

If you think race is a contributing factor, then you only think your thinking. Race has nothing to do with a persons sense of decency, it is the conditions from where they came. we are 99.9% identical in the genome across all races, are you positng that the trivial difference makes some people more criminal then others?

Race is only an indicator that a person belongs to a limited gene group.
It only takes few defective genes to kill you. A few genes to make you
look different. There arent that many different genes between a Lion
and a Cow. Yet they are completely different. Same with a Chihuahua and
a wolf. Almost identical in genes yet completely different in appearance
and function. The difference between a White Sociopath Serial Killer and
A White person who is not a sociopath is only a few genes but they make
all the difference.
There is no logical reason to assume everyone is the same,particularly
when there is no evidence to prove it.

On a small scale, any idea can work. Your nice little white town, sall population, of course there will be very little crime. But if you have a whole nation full of white people, different classes and different conditions, you will still be faced with as many criminals and gang members as if there were a minority group.

Poor white people are no more decent then poor black people, it is all a matter of power and control. If the white people at the top of the power chain would relinquish some of that power and control to the lower classes, we would have a much more decent scenario.

you cannot blame race for crime. it is ignorant, and ignoring the social factors that are entirely to blame. White americans have built, in their history, a concrete advantage that drags on the countries minorities to this day.

You see crime where you see conditions for it, and in those places you see those who have been conditioned for crime. Its a vicious cycle.

You appear to admit there is a difference in crime amongst the races. Prison statistics prove that. YOu blame it on social factors,
oppression,power structure. You provide no evidence to support your views. They are just liberal wishful thinking.

On a more positive note even if I am right it is possible through
simple breeding of the top few percent of males to the female
population to improve the IQ,and other characteristics of any
population including white people, who could use some improvement.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Hey OP I'm a Filipino born US citizen who came here legally. Do you have a problem with minorities hmmm? What do you propose get me and other nonwhites kicked out of this country? Did you know that the first people in this entire continent of North America are nonwhites?

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal
Hey OP I'm a Filipino born US citizen who came here legally. Do you have a problem with minorities hmmm? What do you propose get me and other nonwhites kicked out of this country? Did you know that the first people in this entire continent of North America are nonwhites?

And non-Filipino as well, friend. Keep that in mind. The mechanism that drives 'racism' is present even when no marked racial differences really exist....ask Mexicans vs Cubans or light skinned vs darker skinned blacks.

In fact, pure skin-tone based racism is largely a myth. It is the visually associated perception of cultural differences that is the true problem with human hate.

And factually, the first humans on this hemisphere were immigrants as well and as much as the Europeans were thousands of years later. Humans didn't originate in North America, we all came here from somewhere else and 'native' is a relative term.

Particularly when successive waves of later arrivals would displace the earlier. By whatever means. The 'first' in a region were always killed off or pushed out long, long before the white or black man ever set foot in North America.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
The fact you said Jesse Jackson is respected in the black community lets me know you don't really know anyone in the black community
We like him as much as we like Al Sharpton

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I'm not even going to read this whole thread because all I want to say is that "Dude, you live in the United States of America. Immigration is what built the US. Who the **** are you to talk about immigration and minorities?!" Immigration was the whole point! I would love to explain the entire history of the country to you, but you really just should have been awake in your history classes in school. YOU ARE AN IMMIGRANT TOO. It doesn't matter if you're a majority immigrant descendant. You are the result of an unwelcome and unrequested and to any rational mind, an illegal immigrant in the same way you are pointing at others.

That land belonged to the Native American tribes. Your forefathers came in, took the land, the lives and livelihoods of the Natives in pretty audacious and horrible ways. Now you sit there behind your computer obviously in total ignorance of the very foundation of the nation, and with an arrogant finger point at the "others".

Who the **** are you? I know you're not a native, so who are you? What do you think you are in this game?

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by newBodyoldSoul
The fact you said Jesse Jackson is respected in the black community lets me know you don't really know anyone in the black community
We like him as much as we like Al Sharpton

Sigh, evidently reading comprehension is a diminishing skill.

I never said he was respected, I said he was recognized.

Feel free to post my quote where I called him respected.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I was a lot more liberal about immigration before I stumbled across these videos:

I must add, I know people of many races, native borm citizens and immigrants both legal and not... some good and some bad in all of the above.

Personally, I think a big part of the problem is just that so many of the immigrants are just "good Catholics."

[edit on 10-6-2010 by Scalded Frog]

[edit on 10-6-2010 by Scalded Frog]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
It's called "ethnic cleansing"
and I think we all know what the target race is...

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by brainwrek

And there goes the classic reply TPB are constantly looking for...

"Something Has To Be Done"

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
You mean to tell me minority whites are on the increase ???!!!!!!
What will we do with all the plagues they bring in to our natural habitat !!!!
What about the disease and guns they are going to bring in our homeland ??
Will they try and interbreed with us? Will they take over and bring a system of suffering ? Will they even care about the people of this fair land , and stay their promises . The land here couldnt nearly cope with their population .
I heard they have the potential to bring natural disasters and pollution to our waterways .......ummm.......dammm !!!! Im sorry ATS.
I think i must of been in a trance , i felt like the spirit of an American Indian Chief of long ago come over me!! i channeled his thoughts and fears of being run over by the minority group known as Anglo Saxons , and man ,was he WORRIED !..
I guess he felt really scared for his peoples future ...Now ,,
WHERE WERE WE ??
Oh thats right .......minoritys

A nice Hot Cup Of KARMA ANYONE ? Its Natural

[edit on 11-6-2010 by StaceyWilson]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by brainwrek

Originally posted by brainwrek
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

My problem is the way of life is changing. Whether people will admit the painful truth or not, minorities lag behind in many aspects of life (higher crime rates, lower income, lower education levels, etc etc), and it isn't due to institutionalized racism.

Given the rates of "minorities" on social assistance programs, the question posed by a previous poster must be answered: Who will be the one funding the ever increasing costs associated with a growing minority population?

Are you white? If so, please answer this question honestly:

You and your family are driving down the road and your car breaks down. Where would you feel more comfortable at? breaking down in a white part of town, or a minority part of town?

Hell, even Jesse Jackson said he doesn't feel as nervous when he sees a group of whites walking towards him as he does when he sees a group of blacks.

Yes, I believe that this is a concern for many of us about the changing way of life. And though I don't believe that some of the problems that minorities are having are caused by institutionalized racism, I have to acknowledge that racism still exists. And the taxpayers will pick up the tab.

And I would certainly would want to break down in a white part of town.

But if you are white, you have to ask yourself the question:
If I was given a choice of hiring a white or black person with equal talents, who would I hire? I believe that many would choose to hire a white person, but not necessarily because of intentional discrimination against the black applicant. There is a subtle racism in play. One can debate weather this can even be defined as racism, yet it exists just the same. I think that it can more accurately be described as fear, as opposed to racism. Not necessarily a fear of violence in the work place, but a fear of ones "bottom line' being effected somehow.

And I have to agree with Jesse on this one. Seeing a gang of African Americans approaching would scare a lot of us out of our wits. One can only imagine the hatred that they must harbor in their hearts for us because of the way that they were treated.

I think that president Obama's election will have a very positive effect on the healing of race relations. I like the president, but I don't like the direction that he is taking the country. If that is racist,..... well I'll let you be the judge.

This is a perfect example of politicians putting their own interests above the people's. It tolerated slavery, and now it tolerates illegal immigration. And we will all continue to pay for these sins for a long long time to come.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I studied sociology in college, I know ALL about the existence of racism in this country. I also understand the nature of institutionalized racism in society. Its all very true.

That being said, I find it hypocritical that folks like Spacey blame the problems of African-Americans and Hispanic/Latinos on institutional racism. Before I go any further, note that this is exactly the same as saying these people are failing because of their race. This is the more politically incorrect way of putting things, but if we say racism is failing these people, then it is also safe to say that in this society, a person's race can fail them.

The hypocrisy comes into play when the same people cannot allow anyone to say that race plays a role in crime rates. Forget the statistics for a moment; if you say a person's race plays a role in their success or failure in society, then there is no way you cannot say race does not play a role in crime. This is not to say that the person's race is the direct cause of crime. However, as we note that there is a strong correlation between economic achievement and race, there is also a strong correlation between crime and race.

To say one correlation exists but not the other is political correctness at its worst.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Considering all the threads there are by WHITE PEOPLE bragging about how they refused to participate in the census, this thread is hilarious. All you poor, scared, dwindling white folk might have nothing to fear if your patriot/militia/tea party/birther/Alex Jones fans friends had just filled out that form.

Here is a snapshot of ATS

Whiteguy1:I am not filling out that census and if they come back again they will meet my gun!!!!!!

Whiteguy2:What the hell???!?!!?! The census says there are not enough of us white people!!!

Obviously the solution is stop immigration. That will do it. It must be those illegal immigrants too, right? I am sure it has nothing to do with whites just not reproducing or filling out census forms. How about you stop writing racist essays about how scared you are to get a flat around black folks and romance a woman. Maybe you just do not know how to reproduce?

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by RRokkyy
Looks like a race to the bottom of the stupid barrel.

Well, get out of the way then.

I grew up in an all 99.9 percent white ,protestant,catholic,jewish middle class suburban community in the 50s and 60s. Folks we didnt have murders ,rapes or violent crime there in any significant numbers. I cant remember any.

That is great that you cannot remember any. Do you think your hometown was truly representative of the country as a whole? Do you think maybe your view as well as memory might be a tad skewed? What age were you in the '50s and '60s? If you were young, how aware would you have been of such things? If you were old, then surely you are old enough now to question your memory?

Murder rates in the U.S. per 100,000

1950 4.6

2007 5.9
source

It seems maybe you want the '70s for your talking points because that hardly reflects the huge jump you try to portray, especially when you look at the fact that was much higher in times past.

Or maybe you are right and the minority population exploded during the '70s and then died way the hell back off again?

The current rates of violent crime in the bad neighborhoods/cities is
like a war zone. The gang violence is incomprehensible to normal
people. It is terrorism. Phoenix now has the second highest kidnap
rate in the world, first being Mexico city.

How do you know? What is your real first hand knowledge here? I do not mean what do you know about bad neighborhoods but what do you know firsthand about the violent crime now compared to then?

If you cant admit that Race might play a factor than you simply have surrendered your ability to think. 5% of the people think,5% think they
think, and the other 90% would rather die than think.-Mark Twain.

Do you think quoting Twain makes your opinion into fact?

And it is quite irrelevant if 90 percent of a population is good.
If 10 percent are bad you will have a serious problem.

No matter what color they are? Seems to me you are saying that if you only had whites - religious whites at that - then there would only be 0.01% bad anything. Am I wrong?

[edit on 10-6-2010 by RRokkyy]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by RRokkyy

25% of African men admit to having raped.

While good people like this just wait to get caught and still deny it.

John Jamelske

Arthur Shawcross

What does that stat you listed actually prove? That black men admit to something. Meanwhile a 15 year old girl is spending her 3rd year in some white guy's underground dungeon but that is cool because he never admitted rape.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
This is not a discussion of white or black but about letting totally uneducated people into your country that won't be able to support themselves.

Anyone who thinks that there will be a "white" race (not sure what nitwit even coined the term as there's only the human race) in a couple of thousand years is just stupid. We will all pretty much look the same by then.

I could ramble on about negative side-effect of mass immigration but I'm sure I've made my point. I'm from Europe and we face the same problems if not greater.

Sad that the indoctrination of our leaders make us play the racism card so quickly.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conqueror of Seth
in this thread: racists being racist.

"waaaaaaaaah, people who look slightly different than me are reproducing waaah"
I hear ya! The problem is, if they are coming here without skills and can't make much money/expecting a hand out, how long can the working class support them? The system will break eventually and then everyone will be saying WHAAAAAA!!! No one wants that, right?

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by no special characters
This is not a discussion of white or black but about letting totally uneducated people into your country that won't be able to support themselves.

No it is not. Read the OP. This is exactly about white people versus people of other colors. You may want to have a different discussion and that is all good and nice but this thread was started by a blatant racist who has made his racist feelings and motives clear throughout this entire thread.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by K J Gunderson

Yet you have managed to throw around the racist accusation numerous times without proof, as well as avoiding the topic altogether.

You are just another useless troll who has no intellectual input on the matter, but thinks your opinion matters anyways.

Instead of going around calling everyone a racist, why not try showing why this could be a good thing.

Show how standards of living will improve, show how the economy will benefit. Show how social services will handle the added strain.

You cant, and you simply wont admit it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join