It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Census Shows Rising Minority Population

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by drwizardphd

The USA is a melting pot, and I for one cannot wait until our demographics accurately reflect that. If you hate non-whites so much, you should move to Europe. That is our natural homeland, after all. And besides, they are doing much better off over there anyway.

While I agree with most of your post, I had to highlight this part. I don't understand exactly what you mean here - cannot wait until our demographics reflect that we're a melting pot? That makes no sense.

Demographics has nothing to do with it. The sticking point for most people about the immigration situation is that there are lots and lots of people here who bypassed the immigration procedures and are collecting benefits and enjoying the fruits of American citizen's labor without paying taxes themselves, and without learning the official language, which is English. Every other contry on the planet has these requirements, how are we any different?

Look, if a few people a year snuck into this country from wherever, and went unnoticed, then we wouldn't be having this discussion. The fact is, tens of thousands of Mexicans have crossed our borders illegally and are now a very significant drain on our country's resources. We can not support that kind of burden.

That the overwhelming majority of illegals are Mexican is not a racist point of view - it is a FACT. Nothing more. Now, will a lot of people feel some animosity toward them for basically stealing from taxpayers (legal citizens)? Sure, but it's still not "racist". It's deserved anger that they brought upon themselves.

I personally have nothing against people of Mexican descent - there are lots and lots of them where I live. Their families have in some cases been here longer than white settlers, before this was the U.S.

The U.S did not steal territory from Mexico, and white people are not mostly racists agains Mexicans.

Playing the racism card is pretty transparent to me, I don't know about you all. It's an attempt to demonize the people who want an end to illegal immigration, which again, is not about race or demographics. It doesn't matter who is here, as long as they are here legally and fill out a W-4 and get taxes withheld like I have to.

As far as I'm concerned, the whloe lot of them can stay if they:

1) Learn English.
2) Become legal citizens.

Otherwise, OUT!

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by drwizardphd

Perhaps you are having a comprehension problem, so I will break it down for you.

Is a majority of the United States population foreign born, or were they born on U.S. soil?

A majority was born on U.S. soil, hence we are a nation of "native" born citizens, not of foreign born (as in immigrants).

As I said before, we were a nation of immigrants(a majority was foreign born), but we are no longer, nor have we been for quite some time.

Since semantics is your thing, 99.9% of all nations are nations of immigrants depending on how far back in history you wish to go.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by SPACEYstranger

Should I provide violent crime rates by race? Would that make you feel better since other statistics dont seem to matter to you?

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

Originally posted by drwizardphd

The USA is a melting pot, and I for one cannot wait until our demographics accurately reflect that. If you hate non-whites so much, you should move to Europe. That is our natural homeland, after all. And besides, they are doing much better off over there anyway.

While I agree with most of your post, I had to highlight this part. I don't understand exactly what you mean here - cannot wait until our demographics reflect that we're a melting pot? That makes no sense.

Demographics has nothing to do with it. The sticking point for most people about the immigration situation is that there are lots and lots of people here who bypassed the immigration procedures and are collecting benefits and enjoying the fruits of American citizen's labor without paying taxes themselves, and without learning the official language, which is English. Every other contry on the planet has these requirements, how are we any different?

The reference to 'Demographics' was a reply to the OP's post, where he said:

Whites have lost 14% in 9 years.

That is way too fast, and soon we will be the minority.

I agree that illegal immigration is a problem. Our immigration laws require you to understand English before you can establish permanent residence, which is a good thing in my opinion.

However, legal immigration is entirely acceptable by all standards, excluding the xenophobic attitude of the OP and others who believe America is supposed to be a "white nation".

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by drwizardphd

Immigration from all nations needs to be halted in order to prevent an overpopulation of the U.S.

Our carrying capacity is shrinking, while our population is growing.

That is not a good mix.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
lol if your car broke down in a mexican neighborhood they would help you fix your car and give you a beer and a taco! mexicans are very good mechanics!

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by brainwrek

Sure, you can post any number of studies or statistics stemming from our "flawless" criminal justice system. goes hand in hand with the complete equality that allows for equal opportunity in career and crime. not to mention our perfect methods of taking statistics.

Cant say that without laughing

www.springerlink.com...
-look, i found my own sample of rhetoric to counter yours

[edit on 10-6-2010 by SPACEYstranger]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Ah thats cute. The old "the judicial system is racist!!!!" argument.

Unfortunately crime stems from numerous factors, and racism isnt one of them. No amount of racism can make a black commit a crime .No amount of racism makes someone rob another, or assault another. It is a lack of self responsibility and self control.

Need proof of said irresponsibility? Look at dropout rates of minorities vs whites.

7 out of every 10 black babies is born into a single mother household, the father just isnt around. This isnt a morality argument, its about taking care of your responsibilities.

Responsibility doesnt hold as much weight in the black community as it does in others. Hell, even Bill Cosby said the same thing. Let me guess, he's just an uncle tom right?

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   

ummm, seriously? so in an impoverished white community, they are all fully and wholly responsible and dedicated citicenz? This is not an issue of race, its an issue of opportunity. And unfortunately, white people like you who think they are entitled to everything under the western sun are the reason for the rampant inequality that has put all minorities into poverty.

...you just said that black people are less responsible then white people. Do you know that skin color is just that, skin color? our genomes are 99.9 percent identical, and you have so little sense that you can attribute laziness solely to the black community?

The reason why blacks MIGHT "be charged with" more crime is because they have to go through life dealing with outspoken, senseless racists like yourself.

Lets go back to your original point. You want to remain the majority, or America is ruined. To back this up, you focus solely on crime rates, which are highly debatable. Then, you attribute those crime rates, not to social factors, but to some inherent problem that all black people have. I'm going to say it again, that is some sick in the head stuff. makes me sick to my stomach

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   

I never said whites are wholly responsible either. Stop putting words into my posts.

I never said I felt I am entitled to anything. I've worked for everything I've ever and currently had, and I've taken responsibility for all of my decisions, whether they be good or bad. At times, I have suffered the consequences of my poor choices.

The difference is, I never blamed an invisible boogeyman, nor anyone else for that matter. I never blamed the "system", nor do most responsible people.

It's called being an adult, and accepting the fact that you cant do everything you want without suffering the repercussions of your choices.

If someones words entice someone to commit a crime, that is a lack of self control on the part of the perpetrator.

The situation minorities find themselves in isnt a result of institutionalized racism, its a result of their own choices.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Ok, so your saying white people do suffer these same problems EQUALLY, otherwise you are in fact saying that black people are inherently less responsible then whites.

So, since thats what your saying, how does your solution for getting rid of minorities work? If poor white people are equally capable of these atrocities, and without poor minorities we would have to have poor white people, wouldn't the crime rate of white people sky rocket? and so, the problem of crime would remain regardless of weather or not there is a white majority?

Your picturing an all-white utopia where, naturally, nobody would commit a crime. Well, that's not the case. If we let all of our impoverished minorities leave, we would have impoverished "non-minorities" committing all aforementioned crimes. So, how is crime any sort of basis for "cleansing the country" of our dark-skinned brothers?

sick

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   

I gotta agree with you totally. Who cares what color we are. This is the exact problem of why there cant be any equality cause color is an issue. I think its soo stupid when you have people like Jesse Jackson ranting about stopping black on black crime. Why dont we just try to stop crime altogether? Why does it have to be specific?

And black history month? Supposedly we arent segregated anymore but people spend 28/29 days dwelling on the past...

Why dont we live in the now?

What difference does a majority/minority make truly?

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by RaymaNcouldbe

Hey, awesome. Good to know there are level-headed like minded folks around here.

Though, i wouldnt consider recalling our past such a bad thing. As they say, "lest we forget...". To leave our race problems in the past would only be to have them return in the future. You dont want to forget, but you also dont want to create any incentive for backlash or revenge.

Black history month should be more about whites recognizing black history then blacks recognizing black history. For them to dwell on past strife makes for anger. for us to dwell on past wrong-doings would make for compassion.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by brainwrek
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

My problem is the way of life is changing. Whether people will admit the painful truth or not, minorities lag behind in many aspects of life (higher crime rates, lower income, lower education levels, etc etc), and it isnt due to institutionalized racism.

Really?

You don't think that has anything to do with the behaviors of a lower-class minority group in any given discriminative society?

Is your fear of becoming the new minority in part due to the fact that you may be treated as such; using the United States as a historic model?

You and your family are driving down the road and your car breaks down. Where would you feel more comfortable at? breaking down in a white part of town, or a minority part of town?

Happened to me.

Then some admittedly shady looking young Mexican men pulled over, got out of their car with jumper cables, gave our car a jump and left.

I kid you not.

- Lee

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
OP is a paranoid racist. If he wants to see no other races than Caucasians then go live to countries like mine - Latvia. I mean Northern Europe is the whitest place (in racial meaning).
It's plain and simple - if OP does not want see other races - go live to countryside - some small village - where all people are Caucasians.
Because the point you are making about races in USA... you start to sound like Hitler to me.
Oh btw - OP - if you are Caucasian and want to boost US Caucasian percentage go to work in border control or get a Caucasian wife and reproduce, reproduce, REPRODUCE!
You sound pathetic and sad to me.
Hope you find peace in this colorful world.
PEACE!

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by SPACEYstranger

Your picturing an all-white utopia where, naturally, nobody would commit a crime. Well, that's not the case. If we let all of our impoverished minorities leave, we would have impoverished "non-minorities" committing all aforementioned crimes. So, how is crime any sort of basis for "cleansing the country" of our dark-skinned brothers?

sick

Looks like a race to the bottom of the stupid barrel.

I grew up in an all 99.9 percent white ,protestant,catholic,jewish middle class suburban community in the 50s and 60s. Folks we didnt have murders ,rapes or violent crime there in any significant numbers. I cant remember any.

The current rates of violent crime in the bad neighborhoods/cities is
like a war zone. The gang violence is incomprehensible to normal
people. It is terrorism. Phoenix now has the second highest kidnap
rate in the world, first being Mexico city.

If you cant admit that Race might play a factor than you simply have surrendered your ability to think. 5% of the people think,5% think they
think, and the other 90% would rather die than think.-Mark Twain.

And it is quite irrelevant if 90 percent of a population is good.
If 10 percent are bad you will have a serious problem.

[edit on 10-6-2010 by RRokkyy]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRokkyy

I grew up in an all 99.9 percent white ,protestant,catholic,jewish middle class suburban community in the 50s and 60s. Folks we didnt have murders ,rapes or violent crime there in any significant numbers. I cant remember any.

Well you haven't heard the words of Chairman O.m.a.l.i Y.e.s.h.i.t.e.l.a:
"the police become necessary in human society only at that junction in human society where it is split between those who have and those who ain't got."

Why the hell should people living The American Dream in suburbs commit crime? Wake up we have a world we live in a world where there is a split between poor and rich.
Guess who the rich mostly are? CAUCASIANS
Guess who the poor mainly are? OTHERS
Which steals? Is it the poor or the rich? POOR
Why? Because you have and you ain't sharing it.
WAKE UP!
American Dream is a product of imperialism. And so are the poor people upon which it was built. On which expense you had your "perfect community - 99,9% white"
Stop being racist and star being human!

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by archasama

Originally posted by RRokkyy

Well you haven't heard the words of Chairman O.m.a.l.i Y.e.s.h.i.t.e.l.a:
"the police become necessary in human society only at that junction in human society where it is split between those who have and those who ain't got."

Why the hell should people living The American Dream in suburbs commit crime? Wake up we have a world we live in a world where there is a split between poor and rich.
Guess who the rich mostly are? CAUCASIANS
Guess who the poor mainly are? OTHERS
Which steals? Is it the poor or the rich? POOR
Why? Because you have and you ain't sharing it.
WAKE UP!
American Dream is a product of imperialism. And so are the poor people upon which it was built. On which expense you had your "perfect community - 99,9% white"
Stop being racist and star being human!

Murder,Rape,and Violent crime are not caused by being poor.
There is no excuse for Murder,Rape and Violent crime.
Only the liberal self deprecating mind can justify those.
The fact is that it is usually perpetrated by the
minorities upon the minorities.

Maybe theft is more closely related to it.
However in America for the last 40 years of the welfare state
being poor here means you were richer than most people
in the world. You had access to health care,education,and housing and
jobs ,(prior to the economic downturn and tens of millions of immigrants
coming here.)

American Imperialism is wrong but extraneous to the argument of
differences among races.

The police are necessary because the strong take from the weak,
the smart take from the strong,and the cunning (politicians) take
from everyone.

25% of African men admit to having raped.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma

Happened to me.

Then some admittedly shady looking young Mexican men pulled over, got out of their car with jumper cables, gave our car a jump and left.

I kid you not.

- Lee

bravo for pointing out that you werent raped and pillaged! there is good andbad in every community the op needs to learn a little more tolerance!

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by RRokkyy

so, because you lived in a nice neighborhood means that race is responsible for crime? i live in an all white neighborhood too, right now, and i can tell you there is enough crime. It is a wealthy area, so its nothing major, but it exists, and is mostly commited by the white residents (because there arent any others)

If you think race is a contributing factor, then you only think your thinking. Race has nothing to do with a persons sense of decency, it is the conditions from where they came. we are 99.9% identical in the genome across all races, are you positng that the trivial difference makes some people more criminal then others?

On a small scale, any idea can work. Your nice little white town, sall population, of course there will be very little crime. But if you have a whole nation full of white people, different classes and different conditions, you will still be faced with as many criminals and gang members as if there were a minority group.

Poor white people are no more decent then poor black people, it is all a matter of power and control. If the white people at the top of the power chain would relinquish some of that power and control to the lower classes, we would have a much more decent scenario.

you cannot blame race for crime. it is ignorant, and ignoring the social factors that are entirely to blame. White americans have built, in their history, a concrete advantage that drags on the countries minorities to this day. You see crime where you see conditions for it, and in those places you see those who have been conditioned for crime. Its a vicious cycle.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join