It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Census Shows Rising Minority Population

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   

The nation's minority population is steadily rising and now makes up 35% of the U.S., advancing an unmistakable trend that could render them the new American majority by midcentury.

New Census estimates for 2009 show minorities added 2.5%, or 107.2 million people, boosted by a surge in Hispanic births and more people who described themselves as multiracial. During this time, the white population remained flat, making up roughly 199.9 million, or 65%, of the country.

In 2000, whites comprised 79% of the total population and minorities 21%.

Currently four states—Hawaii, New Mexico, California and Texas—as well as the District of Columbia have minority populations that exceeded 50%. About 316 of the 3,143 counties—one in 10—have minority populations of 50% or greater. That's up from more than 250 counties in 2000.

And it's one state more from 2000, when Texas had not yet become a minority state. The 35% overall minority proportion of the population was up from 34% a year ago.

There are now roughly 9 births for every 1 death among the Latino population, compared to a roughly one-to-one ratio for whites.

Read more

Whites have lost 14% in 9 years.

That is way too fast, and soon we will be the minority.

The plan of TPTB is almost complete.

This is why immigration has destroyed this nation.

[edit on 10-6-2010 by brainwrek]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
(STRICTLY OPINION PEOPLE!)
You know why I think the minority percentage has risen?

People are wanting to come to the country and reproduce, creating naturalized citizens.
Then milk off the gov't cause they know they can get away with it.
I don't know if that's the real reason but:
I see people with children...EVERYWHERE!
Not just hispanics either, all races!

The rise in illegal immigration is more prevalent than ever before.
And the census can't even track them.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
"i dont want to live in a world filled with minority! noooooo" - Cartman

They weren't minorities before we came and they wont be minorities for long! The big question is, who cares?

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by havok

The U.S. population would remain stable if all immigration ceased. Something needs to be done, or within 40 yeas, this will no longer be the country it has been since its founding.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I don't know how those numbers work. I'm half black half white, and I'm considered a minority. Thing is, that doesn't take the white out of me. Maybe the rise in interracial children has something to do with it also, not just Hispanics.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
in this thread: racists being racist.

"waaaaaaaaah, people who look slightly different than me are reproducing waaah"

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by newBodyoldSoul
I don't know how those numbers work. I'm half black half white, and I'm considered a minority. Thing is, that doesn't take the white out of me. Maybe the rise in interracial children has something to do with it also, not just Hispanics.

This part right here shows the cause:

There are now roughly 9 births for every 1 death among the Latino population, compared to a roughly one-to-one ratio for whites.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Conqueror of Seth
in this thread: racists being racist.

"waaaaaaaaah, people who look slightly different than me are reproducing waaah"

nice troll attempt. You fail.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Exactly what defines "Whites"? People originally from where? Seems most Caucasians, when asked, are mixed with blood from many various lineages. Can't just be based on the color of ones skin, right? Maybe one day we'll just all be called people, since we are all human.

[edit on 10-6-2010 by lel1111]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by brainwrek

Hey...thanks for the good news brainwrek

Glad to see America is still continuing to move towards a true melting pot...good to see that America will no longer be dominated by one race.

But wait a second...you don't seem to be happy about this....hmmmm...why is that?

You know I HATE to play the race card...but it seems like you are just begging for it...right? Well...I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt...and not assume you are racists...I'm just going to assume your eyes are allergic to seeing dark skin...is that ok???

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
As a black american, many black youth refer to hispanics as 'the great white hope'...partly in jest, but not entirely.

It's rather misleading anyway since it is mainly hispanics in question in the report.. And a majority of hispanics self-identify as caucasian. In other words, the white population can only INCREASE if the hispanic influx increases or remains consistent. True, NON-hispanic whites may become a minority population, but not the white race technically.

Conclusion? In my opinion, these findings reveal little real information and a lot of semantics and labels.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by brainwrek
reply to post by havok

The U.S. population would remain stable if all immigration ceased. Something needs to be done, or within 40 yeas, this will no longer be the country it has been since its founding.

Founding? It was never lost. More like it's stealing.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

My problem is the way of life is changing. Whether people will admit the painful truth or not, minorities lag behind in many aspects of life (higher crime rates, lower income, lower education levels, etc etc), and it isnt due to institutionalized racism.

Given the rates of "minorities" on social assistance programs, the question posed by a previous poster must be answered: Who will be the one funding the ever increasing costs associated with a growing minority population?

Are you white? If so, please answer this question honestly:

You and your family are driving down the road and your car breaks down. Where would you feel more comfortable at? breaking down in a white part of town, or a minority part of town?

Hell, even Jesse Jackson said he doesnt feel as nervous when he sees a group of whites walking towards him as he does when he sees a group of blacks.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   

reply to post by havok

Yeah, change is bad! lets just go back to the first 100 years of our beautiful nation, when slavery was a legal feature! Then we'll really be true Americans.

What about before that, when we weren't even on this rock? i guess now that we've taken over and ruined everything, its ours to keep? Whats up with all this white supremacy crap? Are you really gonna be all sad faced when half the people walking down the street aren't the same skin color as you? where is the logic here, anyways?

GOOOOO WHITE PEOPLE

"whats happening to our schooool!"

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by lel1111

Considering it was never owned (indians didnt believe in owning the land), it could have never been stolen.

You are just plain wrong.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   

reply to post by lel1111

Considering it was never owned (indians didnt believe in owning the land), it could have never been stolen.

lol, so because we believe we own it, we own it? dont you see how flawed and destructive that logic is?

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   

reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Are you white? If so, please answer this question honestly:

You and your family are driving down the road and your car breaks down. Where would you feel more comfortable at? breaking down in a white part of town, or a minority part of town?

Hell, even Jesse Jackson said he doesnt feel as nervous when he sees a group of whites walking towards him as he does when he sees a group of blacks.

dude, this is textbook racism. you shouldnt be allowed to make threads like these. Nobody follows you, or wants to hear it

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by SPACEYstranger

The entire concept of land ownership didnt exist with the indians.

Modernized culture in every 1st world nation recognizes the idea of ownership and property rights.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by SPACEYstranger

Textbook? Why? I simply expounded on a statement from a recognized leader in the black community.

I dont believe one race is superior to another. That is textbook racism.

[edit on 10-6-2010 by brainwrek]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   

reply to post by lel1111

Hmmm. Maybe if that philosophy had been carried on, if we as people had focused mainly on caring for the Earth and each other intstead of how to profit off of one another there wouldn't be poverty; there wouldn't be "trying to keep up with the Joneses", etc. that has led to most of the mess we're in today.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join