It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd public housing rule that makes 3 people share one bedroom

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by brainwrek

Well a techincal idoit would only have an IQ of 80; I have an IQ of 150. Are you trying to redefine intelliegence. Is your IQ like 200?

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Just admit your humanity. I am hoping that you will be enlightened and have some compassion.
See this through the eyes of human love and you will begin to think differently.
I need to go now but we are all part of the family of humanity. No one is better than anyone else.
I will send you my postive energy and hope it heals your heart.
Bye Brother

[edit on 9-6-2010 by dreamseeker]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamseeker

I have plenty of compassion, I just dont impose it on other peoples wallets.

You would be wise to do the same.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
This will be my last cocktailed comment.

Life can turn on a dime. One minute your climbing Mt. Everest and the next minute your stricken with a deadly disease nearly dying in ICU.

The government set-up back up systems to help stem the sufferage people incour. Yes, social security. You pay into it and you deserve to be paid by it in the event you go through a rough time.

Some recover and go back to being productive citizens. Others, not so lucky. Like me.

When your young and dumb and full of you know what.......you seem invinsible. As you age,you realize your mortality.

Now suppose you came down with say, Hep C. You can't work and you have no income or family to support you. Would you rather just die because you believe you should not be supported by the government in which you paid taxes into? Kind of absurd.

Me....veteran, owned several business and I created more money for the government and helped others prosper through their lives. I did my job and paid my taxes and then some.

Went through two years dwindling my resources to nothing while waiting for retirement benefits and SSDI. I paid my dues.

Never will I let anyone shame me for present circumstances. I out did the average citizens contributions. I'm completely unapologetic receiving the entitlemets I worked for.

The end.

Edited for egregious spelling errors

[edit on 9-6-2010 by brilab45]

[edit on 9-6-2010 by brilab45]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamseeker
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

She lives in the United States in kansas city missouri. Thanks for posting that info this was more along the lines of what I was looking for.

Your friend is also being paid by the state to take care of the Foster child, Did you forget about that or just leave it out intentionally? My bet is that she gets a check for over a thousand a month to care for that child if not more because of the young age.

If she cant care for the child then I guess they will make some other arrangement. Why should the rest of the people in your state be made to pay for an extra room for another man?

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Just be glad your not living up in Canada. We get welfare which is 650 a month for a normal person, if they are disabled it goes up to 900 depending on the severity of the handicap. As for housing, here in Montreal a 1 bedroom 1 bathroom 1 living room 1 kitchen cost nearly 500$. not including any utilities. On average your looking at 125$ per room. I'm being nice on those numbers. Regular nice housing which is a duplex One rental on top of another. If it is a 4 room rental (1 bedroom 1 bathroom 1 living room and 1 kitchen) it can cost almost 700 for the upper rental, and nearly 800 for the lower. Granted the lower normally has a small yard attached to it.

Now I was on welfare for a little while and was not allowed on the affordable housing side because I was 25 and was able to work but I couldn't find it for 3 months. So everything got cut off. Not by choice but because i couldn't afford to pay the cancellation fees. I suffered for a long time for that, even after finding a great job. My credit got destroyed, but happily I was able to afford my rent and have lights and food on the table. I lived the best way I could in my small 1 room rental. (not one bed room. but one room. as in the bedroom/kitchen/living room are all in one room and the bathroom is a closet on the side.) I wish I would have canceled all my extras at that time. However contracts are contracts.

Now your friend needs to worry more about feeding the child and paying for the surgery of her future husband. If they have a living room and he doesn't want to stay in the bedroom then fine let him stay on the sofa, if the child is a boy let him stay in the room with him. If its a girl then by all means let her stay in the mom's room.
By the way do food stamps by diapers?

Its a sad case that she can't find work but maybe she doesn't want to move and maybe she needs to.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
How can they even have this problem? There's a check they get besides disability and unemployment they have to recieve a monthly check for the foster kid. I know this to be the norm all over the US and yes I have dealt with the div of youth and family services, and all of them recieve money for fostering kids.
I live in a two bedroom with three kids one boy and two girls. Yes the two girls are sharing a room the boy has what used to be ours cause they hit teen years and had to have seperate rooms and yes I sleep in the living room. So I think this is what they'll have to deal with until she gets another job and can get a better place. But I really think she should speak with the caseworker for her foster first because they do seem to have plenty of pull with housing, in fact she should have applied through them in the first place.

However if that don't help she could always reapply and put the child and her are hispanic. Then they'd probably get the three bedroom. It may sound racist but let her try it, I guarantee, her housing will be processed expeditiously... I know plenty of people whom got what they wanted whether through housing, welfare or any subsidy by just simply marking they're part hispanic. As well as friends whom actually are hispanic.

[edit on 9-6-2010 by ldyserenity]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Now did i just see something in this? they will be getting married in a year but have to save up money to afford a Jewish wedding. First of all the money this guy is getting on disability and the money she is getting on social assistance will be paying for this wedding? I just went from compassion to complete horror. I don't live in your country yet i still see this every day. I had to take out all my stocks and save for 3 years to afford my wedding. Worked extra hours for it too. Now if I had known that social assistance in the states would pay for my wedding i might have moved down to vermont or something for a year and "save up the money to get married" then after my visa expired I'd come back here a happy married man.

No wonder people dislike social assistance.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Public housing is not obligated to give her fiance a home.

Originally posted by dreamseeker
I am not sure where to put this. I orginally put this in yahoo answers but got more judgements than helpful insights. It seems the people on yahoo answers are ignorant and lack the insight to truly understand.
I have searched on the internet for public housing rules. My friend is on unemployment and has a child under 3. She also has a finace who is disabled. She went in to apply for public housing and came up on the list very quickly. She listed every person in her household.
She goes in for her screening and learns she is only eligble for a one bedroom apartment. Her child is a foster child and must have her own bedroom. She is working to adopt her.
Her finace is an orthodox jew and does not believe in prematrial relations. He also does not believe in sharing a room with her until they are married. They asked for a three bedroom but get a one bedroom.
So she talks to someone there and they start asking her about very personal questions. They siad if they consider two unrelated adults a couple then they have to share the same room. They also do not give a child under 3 their own bedroom.
If I am correct three people can not occupy one bedroom. Of course she is still taking the one bedroom apartment but the front room will become her finace's bedroom.
They have to live together due to financal situation. Is there really such a lack of affordable housing that 3 people have to stay in one bedroom?
Why are public housing rules so hard to find until you go to the screening? Why doesn't the government build more public housing?
I am trying to find the information for her but I have to came too many dead ends.
Isn't this is a voliation of his religous rights?
I know the children's divsion for the child while take the child away if they find out about the situation. Everywhere they live they must have a home visit.
She explained the rules upfront with public housing and they said they deal with foster parent's all the time. Why don't these two agencies work together to make sure the family has sufficent housing?

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I am extremely disappointed. When I originally read this post, I assumed that someone that was looking in the best interest of a friend, was looking for any information that some of us on ATS could provide.

Except I got 2 people disagree 5-6 pages worth of insults, all the while some people, such as myself was trying to just get the help across. I hope that your friend gets that help that they need.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

The help that they need is personal responsibility, and unfortunately no one can give that to them.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

Sometimes the best help a person can get is a kick in the pants. It is cruel and irresponsible to entertain a person's delusions that they somehow can get something that is beyond their reach. Telling these people they can reasonably expect to get a 3 bedroom home on public assistance is like telling a dirt poor kid in Ohio that his parents are going to take him to Disneyland tomorrow.

Which strategy do you think is going to result in this couple getting a home

(1) telling these people to wade through bureaucratic red tape and waiting lists so they can fulfill their unlikely hopes of a 3 bedroom home from the government, OR

(2) telling these people to suck it up and make due with resources that are available to them?

You may want to tell that dirt poor kid his parents are going to take him to Disneyland. I would tell that kid if he could find a way to make money mowing lawns or something, he might be able to spend a good day at the carnival when it comes to town this summer.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by hotpinkurinalmint

I believe sometimes a kick in the pants is needed, and then other times life is kicking them in the pants already. Its not my place to judge or even to help, but I can only do what my heart tells me to do, and that's to help.

I have been in the system, and when I needed the most, Ive seen others take advantage, but that's not for me to say about a situation that might not actually be that way (I can't say what this is about).

I know that I come to this site, and I try the best I can to add my opinion, whether it be one that some agree with or not.

So kick in the pants is not my job, but I felt that a little information, and maybe a little know how never hurt anyone.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Alright. I'm stepping in because this entire thread is utter nonsense in the fact that brainwreck has made it his mission to be a very nasty troll on a rather human matter.

First of all, it doesn't matter if Social Security is "unconstitutional" or not. It's there, so deal with it.

Same thing with medicaid. Deal with it.

If you don't like that some people are living at the bottom of the proverbial pool, well, deal with it, or ignore it. It's your choice.

brainwreck, if you don't like what is going on as far as social assistance programs go, then go lobby your congressman/woman, start a petition, and do something about it. Don't flame/troll a message board forum in the hopes that you will get some heated response to your rather nasty tone.

You know what, I'm pissed about the social welfare system too. It sucks that my tax dollars have to go to pay for bums. Some aren't bums, and some really need the assistance, and that's okay. That's why they paid into Social Security in the first place. It sounds like this family needs the assistance. And you fail to recognize the fact that the OP brought up the point that this child was taken into the home before the defacto mother was laid off from her job. As far as the Jewish boyfriend, well, he's just going to have to suck it up. I'm sorry.

You should be aware that there is a very real human issue here. This post reflects the state that many Americans are currently in. When the government willingly spends millions of dollars in aid to foreign countries for "relief efforts" and fails to put any of that money back into the hands of the American citizens who are being raped over a chair day after day, there is a problem. It has been designed that way, and it will continue to go that way.

The small issue in this thread rings true for many more Americans than I bet anybody would like to admit.

My advice to the OP: Advise your friend that her boyfriend will have to suck it up. Unfortunately, when he is relying on public assistance (all things considered) he cannot be choosy about his living arrangements. As far as the child, well, the child makes things very complicated. I think she may need to move from the area in order to survive. Self-pity and doubt will only hinder her, not help. Brushing off and getting back on the horse is the only way to do it. As long as CPS doesn't start breathing down her neck, she shouldn't have a problem, but it sounds like she just needs to buckle down and get going.

Good luck whatever she decides to do.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by truthseeker1984

I want to say well said, and I also hope that things work out for them whichever decision they choose, life's hard, and we have to roll with the punches, whether we like it or not.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   

I'm wondering if yours is a troll post. True, the constitution does not talk about public housing. It also does not talk about roads and water, but I imagine if you didn't have them, you would be upset. The constitution is a piece of paper written up over a hundred years ago. It is silly to live in the past instead of recognizing the realities of today.

Edit to add: The child is lucky she will be adopted. Too many are moved from home to home, never really having a home.

[edit on 10-6-2010 by InvisibleAlbatross]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver
reply to post by truthseeker1984

I want to say well said, and I also hope that things work out for them whichever decision they choose, life's hard, and we have to roll with the punches, whether we like it or not.

Thank you. I like to try to be the voice of reason at times. Not all the time. But sometimes.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   

10 x 12 is not sufficient? You're joking right? Also as others have said, why have they not converted the living room into a bedroom? It seems the most logical choice. I do not understand what you consider to be sufficient for three people, by your standards my wife and I would be living in complete third world conditions. I also don't believe you understand what living conditions the average person in a third world country has. Do they have food? A roof over their head? Clean drinking water? Access to medical care? Perhaps indoor plumbing? If you answer yes to any of these, they are better than a vast majority of unfortunate people in this world. You and they might want to be thankful that they even have these things, if they were living elsewhere in the world they might not be so fortunate.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkStormCrow

I agree with this Dreamseeker. Just rush the wedding and get the 2 bedroom if available. Go for the religious wedding in the future. They shouldn't take the chance of losing the child.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join