It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd public housing rule that makes 3 people share one bedroom

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by truthseeker1984

Nothing trollish about my post whatsoever. OP's friends are parasites in the truest sense of the word.

Your solution to unconstitutional wastes of our money is to just "deal with it"?

Sorry, I just dont sit silently by while my money is wasted.

Writing my congress loser? I could write a million letters and it wouldnt change anything, so personally I try every legal method available to limit the amount of money I am forced at gunpoint to fork over to a criminally corrupt government.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
reply to post by brainwrek

I'm wondering if yours is a troll post. True, the constitution does not talk about public housing. It also does not talk about roads and water, but I imagine if you didn't have them, you would be upset. The constitution is a piece of paper written up over a hundred years ago. It is silly to live in the past instead of recognizing the realities of today.

Edit to add: The child is lucky she will be adopted. Too many are moved from home to home, never really having a home.

[edit on 10-6-2010 by InvisibleAlbatross]

The Constitution doesnt talk about roads?

I guess this part is all just pretend then correct?

To establish Post Offices and Post Roads;

Article 1 Section 8. Ever read it?

Silly to live in the past regarding the constitution?

Youre right.

Which rights will be you giving up today?

1st Amendment?

How about the 4th? Why not call the cops and let them ransack your house looking for anything and everything without a warrant?

Own any guns? I'm guessing you dont, so we might as well just throw out the 2nd Amendment then too right?

What other rights will you be giving up willingly?

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by dreamseeker

He is trying to get you going. Ignore him. It's funny that he mocks your spelling while he makes grammatical errors. Your thread is valid; just stick to it.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Those don't mean every road and highway. What about water? There are many things the founding fathers overlooked or could not foresee. We cannot live in the past. We have to adjust to life as it is.

I never said the constitution is garbage. It is an outdated document in many ways however.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross

Those don't mean every road and highway. What about water? There are many things the founding fathers overlooked or could not foresee. We cannot live in the past. We have to adjust to life as it is.

I never said the constitution is garbage. It is an outdated document in many ways however.

They mean every road mail is carried on.

Water is a state matter, not a federal one.

If you really want to debate the Constitution, you should educate yourself on it first

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   
We live in VERY unfair times. Let me start by saying that this is a site in which some of us KNOW that there is something going in in the SYSTEM that we don't agree with. How come this doesn't apply to the poor, or the needy, but apply to those who know how to get over on the system?

Congressman, President's, businessmen, politician's, wall street, now they know how to get tax dollar's, now how come they aren't TAKING your money? Do you think that the money that would take a family that is in need of housing, and wanting to keep a child is not a investment?

We all know about the tax scam, we all know about the 13th and 14th amendment scam, we know about state, county, and US scams, but for some reason a family looking to keep both their faith and their family home is unacceptable?

We need to look at the true winners and losers in all of this and its not even the ones who the OP was talking about, sometimes we get angry with people and take it out on others, Even if someone wrote Congress it would have taken less time of writing a letter than it did, to answer the OP. Live in the now, and it may benefit, we can only give a road, but others would have to follow.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

PLEASE look at this before anyone's Posting Privileges get removed...

Any further name calling will not be tolerated.

Thank you

Semper

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   
As long as the residence has two rooms then it is a two-bedroom apartment.

And the fiance should use his disability pension to get his own place, if he was truly orthodox in his beliefs.

Problem solved.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   
WTF - why does a 2 year old " NEED " thier own seperate bedroom ?

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   
This has got to be one of the more entertaining threads I've read on ATS. With brainwrecks trolling and the OPs fixation on being "judgmental". Although entertaining it was certainly a pain in the @$$ to read since the posts were so full of grammatical and spelling errors.

But getting to the point of my post, I must say that 3 people getting a subsidized 3 bedroom is pretty luxurious. They can easily get by in a one bedroom and live comfortably. And they should be thankful for even that.
I understand that people run into hard times as your friend did, but to expect more than a one bedroom in her current situation is very thoughtless. Subsidized housing isn't for someone on welfare to live comfortably, its a place where you go when you've exhausted all your finances, yet still have a decent residence with the minimal requirements to live a normal life.

You honestly believe that subsidized housing should give one bedroom per person? If that is the humane thing to do because our country is so "rich", then we should really start cracking down on college and high school dormitories for their heinous inhumane treatment of students across the country.

IQ of 150? Really? Thats quite impressive, if I believed you.

[edit on 10-6-2010 by DrChuck]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Okay... this is a tough discussion to join in on, but here goes

Having personally been through several difficult times in my life, I do have some sympathy for these people.

But... I know from my own experience that when your life falls out from underneath you, you have to climb back up yourself - nobody else is gonna do it for you. If you wait around, complaining and feeling hard done by, things will never change for you.

I read that the woman has to apply for 3 jobs a week, but she's applying for 5. So what? Doesn't sound like all that many. Here in the UK there are online job search sites where you can register your CV, and apply for jobs via email - much quicker than writing letters. Are there things like this in the U.S.? If so, is she registered with them? What about recruitment agencies?

Seeing as there is nothing tying these people to the area they're currently living, is she looking for jobs in other parts of the country? It's an upheaval to move several hundred miles, but me and hubby have had to do this in the past - if its the only way of getting a job, that's what you have to do.

As for the housing - I really don't think they should be complaining. I understand that they must be feeling squashed in their one-bedroom place, but I can bet there would be loads of homeless people who would jump at the chance of that apartment. It might sound harsh, but there really is always someone worse off than you, no matter how bad you think your life is.

I think one of the problems in today's society is that people always want- no, expect- more than previous generations did. For example, in the 40s, 50s and 60s here in the UK, many families with maybe 5 or 6 kids, all lived with their parents into a small 2- or 3- bedroom terraced house. But they didn't complain, or say it was their 'right' to have a bigger house - they just put up with what they were given and were thankful.

Nowadays, everyone wants a bedroom each, bathroom each, all 'mod cons' -

I know OP, that's not what you're saying these people want. But surely you can see my point? Yep, they're going through some tough times. But the only way they'll get through it is by hard work and perseverance. And one day, they'll look back on this time and realise they got through it - but only if they are willing to.

*Gee, I sound old. I'm not though.

[edit on 10-6-2010 by tappy]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I am ignoring the silliness on this thread and responding to the OP.

I am disabled and live in HUD subsidized housing. There are many types of subsidized housing. States have their own and even within HUD there are two types.

That being said, if she has come up on the waiting list quickly they may be offering her what is available now and move her to a larger unit when on becomes available.

I could see her wanting a two bedroom, depending on the age of the child. If the child is under 3 they do not have to provide her with a two bedroom until the child is that age. As far as the religious persuasion of her boyfriend, that is not something they are going to cater to. If he is on disability then he should get his own place or marry her!

I have strong religious convictions too and don't expect my apartment complex to cater to my beliefs. If his moral standing is that serious should he be living with her and not properly wed????

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by dreamseeker

That sounds like an anti-semtic comment.
He is very serious about his beliefs as I am sure you are.
How is that catering to him by giving him a bedroom in public housing? Besides she is willing to compromise and get a 2 bedroom for the child. He has always stated that he will sleep in the front room until they are married which is soon. They will simply put his bed in the front room. I gave them the suggestion of making it into a seating area by day and at night a bed.
Now children can share a bedroom if they are the same gender. Children should never share a bedroom with an adult for heaven's sake! When they do marry imagine how many tramuatizing "I accidently saw my parent's doing it" will have.

Sorry but how is that anti semetic?...these people are asking for preferential treatment , because of religious beliefs....this should not be catered for
All people judged equally regardless of race , ability,sex , religion etc......none of these should matter..

I get about in the uk , if the if people are co habiting only one person would be allowed to claim benefits..your friends should .think themselves lucky.....
imo...

Children have shared bedrooms with parents for a long time..untill very recently whole families lived in 2 rooms , families of 5 kids etc...you really are making a mountain out of a molehill ,if there need for housing is great then they will take the offer.........

[edit on 10-6-2010 by gambon]

[edit on 10-6-2010 by gambon]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Yes there is a lack of preferred housing.

This must be a recent problem for your friend because it has only been within the last two years that family dwellings paid for by social welfare programs have been invaded by the unemployed with families. First come and first to be served.

Unforutanately, when you are desperate, you think there is no other alternative. I honestly do not see what the problem is if your friend and her fiance are not having sex. Unless, of course, this is just a smoke screen, or red herring to gain an unwarranted sympathy. I am brutal with my honesty because I was burnt trying to help people who were not exactly honest. This problem sounds like one of those experiences.

The problem is not that your friend cannot find a appropriate housing, the problem is that she wants the social program housing and believes she is above the lowered standards. Like I said, desperate people cannot see their choices.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by brainwrek

Nothing trollish about my post whatsoever. OP's friends are parasites in the truest sense of the word.

False. Using more intelligent words and less name-calling would help your cause much more.

Your solution to unconstitutional wastes of our money is to just "deal with it"?

Sorry, I just dont sit silently by while my money is wasted.

Nor do I expect you to, but until there is a big upheaval in government spending, by the people, nothing will change. That's why I stated "deal with it."

Writing my congress loser? I could write a million letters and it wouldnt change anything, so personally I try every legal method available to limit the amount of money I am forced at gunpoint to fork over to a criminally corrupt government.

That is the most thoughtful and intelligent thing you have said thus far in this thread. Legally trying to limit the amount of money that the Fed gets to squander in any number of ways is perfectly okay. I don't believe the Fed deserves my hard-earned money if I don't have a say in where it is being allocated. If everybody would start to learn how to do this the legal way, eventually the Fed would hopefully give up wasting our money on different things. I think the social security system is beneficial, as long as it is not abused. My mother was an RN senior supervisor before she became very sick and eventually disabled. She was making very good money, and just about went broke from all the tests and procedures that she had to go through. If it weren't for Social Security/disability insurance, that she had paid into for years, she wouldn't have been able to survive.

I see what "grinds your gears" so to speak, and I agree with you to an extent. The social welfare system needs to be reworked, retooled, and changed so that there is less abuse of the system. Do I think the couple in question is abusing the system? No. This is probably the first time that they have ever had to deal with such programs, and I don't think they are capable of cheating the system, as it were. Are they being a bit picky? Yes. Do they deserve the degrading comments that you have continued to throw out? Probably not. But it doesn't excuse your use of trolling methods to get out a negative response from the OP.

Just my .$02

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I would be willing to bet the OP is a troll (and a good troll at that!), but this kind of attitude is prevalent amongst many poor people.

I used to sell electronics while I was in school. A homeless guy came in to my store with a few bucks and wanted to buy a walkman. (For you young people, a walkman was like an IPOD, except it was clunky and played casette tapes or CD's). We had an older model of walkman that nobody was going to buy that was just collecting dust. I asked my boss if we could give the homeless man the old walkman. My boss agreed.

The homeless man did not want to take the older model for free. He said the older model did not have enough bass. He wanted to pay $3 for a top of the line model which cost about $60 wholesale. He accused us of trying to screw him over because we wanted too much for the top of the line model.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Prove it, NOW.

You can't be serious, mate. The arguments you bring to the table, clearly proves your intelligence is faulty. Can you not see the problem in you bringing up Africa as a reference to how your friends are living? Can you not see the problem in you bringing very weird facts to the table, about your friends, whilst claiming to fight for humane conditions for them?

They are two people, not married (they don't want to marry before they have the money for a jewish wedding, wtf?). She has been laid off, apparently can't get any work, and the hubby-to-be sounds like a train wreck out of this world, what, with serious back-injury needing surgeries (as in several). They have two children, one in foster-care, not adopted yet! (I hope for the child, he/she gets a better family, seriously) Handed over from a friend(nice friend, btw).The other is a baby, 1½ yrs old, which the father can't take care of at all, because of bodily injury. So your woman friend is actually alone with two kids. And she should also take care of him when he gets surgery??

You can't be serious, when you bend over backwards, over us telling you, that they ought to be happy with the one-bedroom apartment for now. Even if they have to pay 500$ for it, which I sincerely doubt, given that your woman friend should be living there alone, the benefits for the child and her should almost cover the costs of that one-bedroom apartment.

And again, I urge you not to bring Africa into the equation, most people in africa don't even have rooms. They don't have running water, they don't have toilets. They don't have a roof, they have tin plates covering their huts.

Come on. Use your 150. Some people in Africa even get raped for contracting aids. And you have the nerve to compare your friends petty little problems to something so paramount as African conditions.

I have to rest my case, you have been in the system for too long, my friend. And that pisses me off.

And this is coming from a 28 year old man, born and raised in the system, no parents since age 9(drug fiends). Took care of myself from age 13 and I support my own family today.
Bring on the judgement that you seem to think you give out of love.

Love and Light

Joe

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   

HUH? WHAT? I am disheartened by this comments. I guess I was too naive to believe in the goodness over arrogance.
I am just shaking my head right now.
It makes me so sad that people say such means things to a member in good standing. I had no reason to make things up.
RIDCULOUS!

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by JoeSignal

Once again HUH? What? Not all people in Africa are that desitute. That is a stereotype.
I am only saying that because I meet a man who told me it reminded him of Africa.
Please less judgements and more human sympathy???????
I AM SO CONFUSED BY THIS.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by hotpinkurinalmint

WRONG! WHAT!
I may leave ATS for a while if this is what you think of good members.
I come here because I like the topics.
THIS IS UTTER BS! Why is this ok to VERBALLY ATTACK another member????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join