It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oil Volcano Pressure Too Great

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:
la2

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Something is defo not right, the information blackout is very worrying, whats even more worrying is that no-one is making any noise about not having information, here in the UK only skynews mentioned it, and that the FBI are blocking access and recording names and organisations of those who ask questions.

Either this is alot worse than we are being told or its something totally different from the 'oil spill' thats being reported, keep watch, because a hurricane could cause the White House to tell us the truth.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
My sincere appologies to outtatime for not adequately searching before starting my own post on this same article. I painted a map to show the impact of a tsunami in the Gulf of Mexico. The red is 50 miles inland, yellow is 100 miles inland and green is 200 miles inland. The article stated 50 to 200 miles inland could become uninhabitable.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8fd2891b0cc7.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by la2

Something is defo not right, the information blackout is very worrying, whats even more worrying is that no-one is making any noise about not having information, here in the UK only skynews mentioned it, and that the FBI are blocking access and recording names and organisations of those who ask questions.

Either this is alot worse than we are being told or its something totally different from the 'oil spill' thats being reported, keep watch, because a hurricane could cause the White House to tell us the truth.

La2 - you're spot on right...I live in the Midwest in the US...and its true......there is NO info coming forth.....I think BP or our govt should be having daily press conferences giving us updates on the progress or what the next step is....we get nothing. Obama is supposed to talk to us tomorrow night, however if all I hear is the same old, general statements like "we are working with BP" or "we're looking onto this"...Im going to have to believe that some much worse is happening and they dont want us to panic.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
20 percent failure rate on land with russian nukes

www.livescience.com...

The Russians previously used nukes at least five times to seal off gas well fires. A targeted nuclear explosion might similarly help seal off the oil well channel that has leaked oil unchecked since the sinking of a BP oil rig on April 22, according to a translation of the account in the daily newspaper Komsomoloskaya Pravda by Julia Ioffe of the news website True/Slant.

Weapons labs in the former Soviet Union developed special nukes for use to help pinch off the gas wells. They believed that the force from a nuclear explosion could squeeze shut any hole within 82 to 164 feet (25 to 50 meters), depending on the explosion's power. That required drilling holes to place the nuclear device close to the target wells.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Mud Pumps 4 x Continental Emsco FC-2200, 7500 psi

www.deepwater.com...

what I wonder
are the mud pumps in series 4*7500 = 30,000 lbs psi?

or parallel =7,500 lbs psi

a mac truck with a walk in sleeper on a 25 cent quarter = 24,000 lbs psi

its been said many times the pressure is far beyond anything they have ever encountered ona rig before

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
www.overclockers.com...

"looks like they would have run the pumps together for a total of
YOu definately want to run your pumps in series, not parallel. Series will give you twice the pressure (assuming you use 2 identical pumps) which will in turn give you more flow."

Lindesy Williams said the pressure was 70,000 lbs psi
But I have also heard 20,000 lbs psi

It looks like 20,000 lbs psi was what they were expecting, but the higher then expected pressur blew them out .

water pressure @5000 ' down is about2200 lbs psi

[edit on 14-6-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by darkelf

No need for apologies, and thx for the visual. It definately helps to put things in perspective.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lynzer

Originally posted by la2

La2 - you're spot on right...I live in the Midwest in the US...and its true......there is NO info coming forth.....I think BP or our govt should be having daily press conferences giving us updates on the progress or what the next step is....we get nothing. Obama is supposed to talk to us tomorrow night, however if all I hear is the same old, general statements like "we are working with BP" or "we're looking onto this"...Im going to have to believe that some much worse is happening and they dont want us to panic.

I agree with you both. Something is definately not right here. With so much activity on the coasts, and at sea, it's far from 'normal', especially if Obama had SWAT teams sent to surrounding rigs. And still no mentions from the MSM about what is really going on in the sea floor. It's a big big deal, yet public broadcast only mentions it in passing. There is almost nothing being discussed on TV except that our glorious government is on the scene, and their cape is blowing in the wind.
It's almost identical to the Gaza incidents during "cast Lead'. So much damage was being done, yet the media all but scrubbed it from the MSM.

[edit on 15-6-2010 by OuttaTime]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

If they try to use a nuke to seal off the many breaches they could blow the cap

off the inexhaustible source of oil from the Oil Mantle and release the

biggest gusher the world has ever known and release massive toxic

compounds such as Hydrogen Sulfide, Benzene, and Methylene Chloride

that could poison the Earth. The nuke will either work or not. If they

did use a nuke on the Oil Mantle could it create a title wave 80

to 200 feet high as suggested? ^Y^

[edit on 15-6-2010 by amari]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by amari

It's already spewing them gasses all over the place. I've read the threads about the EPA and independant air quality testing and they are already at endangering levels. Some of them, including oil VOCs are already at critical levels. I saw a graph of an EPA test site 6 miles N of the coast and they had already tested the oil toxicity at 14ppm (3 is considered safe). If we didn't have a global warming problem before, we will now mainly because of the massive amounts of methane already released into the atmosphere. Not to mention the controlled burnings producing byproducts and CO2.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by OuttaTime

My idea is close to yours with the exception of where the bladder is located. I said to make a "tube" out of the same material that is used on a Navy Hovercraft. The bolt it to the bottom the reservoir. Set it over the existing pipe and inflate the "tube" with hydraulic fluid. It will inflate until their is a seal on the outside of the pipe. Therefore, you do not have to worry about the pressure killing the possible seal. I have already submitted the plans and blueprints to BP.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Hi, outtatime and nosoup are pretty close to the solution. I agree the hole has to be plugged at the foot of the well. The pressure must be immense. I was thinking of making a warhead or torpedo 100 feet long atattched to the end of 5 inch drill pipe inserted all the way into the reservoir. The torpedo would be filled with rolled up foam mattresses (the good dense ones) and rolled up sheet metal. The warhead would deploy into the reservoir, and split in two, releasing the material. Bottom kill is now necessary due to the fissures. I hope they plug it soon.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
It would seem that using an inflatable bladder could be one of the only solutions, as I've heard much info that discusses the fragile nature of the surrounding area. And explosion would accelerate the cracks and fissures. And from what I can understand, there are also leaks in the pipe/casing below the surface too. The inflatables would have to be placed almost at the bottom of the shaft and set in series to prevent them blowing out. But even nowadays I'm a bit unsettled about the long term effects after plugging this well shut. It seems that now the gusher is the 'relief valve' that is keeping the pressures from building up exponentially.
Without good recent geoligical assessment, the preventative measures may or may not be futile. Us commoners simply do not have enough factual info to work with beyond the typical textbook information. What we really need is an up-to-the-minute HAARP reading of that area. A giant CATscan if you will. HAARP may be an 'Auroral Research' gadget, but it has been proven to be the largest and most powerful Ground Penetrating Radar in existence. Without a good xray, we're doing surgery in the dark here. I'm sure the Feds already have this info, but we will never see it.
We need to know the circumstances of the condition, and the condition of stability we are working with. If it is still a stable mass (faults, fissures, and density accounted for) then we may be able to use a concussion detonation to close it off. If the strata is firm, we may possibly use inflatable seals.
If this thing is as big and unstable as we ATS'ers believe it to be, then bombs or inflatables is futile at this point, and the fort is overrun.

edit for typos.

[edit on 16-6-2010 by OuttaTime]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join