It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin's backing pays off for pals!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Ya know....by claiming that Palin's "endorsements" were the cause of any voting day "wins"....it reminds me of the story of the "Texas Sharpshooter"

Story goes, this 'Sharpshooter' goes out, and empties his revolver into the side of a barn....then, walks over and paints a Bulls-Eye around all the bullet holes.....

People who take such undeserved credit? Meet Sarah Palin (and/or here rabid fans).

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I don't think she put people over the top, but she seems to have helped them more than she hurt their chances. Just my opinion.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

Do I really have to post her other lies again? Or show you how often she lied in her book?

I guess nothing will change your opinion if you're in love with her "all-American hockey mom image"

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

For someone who doesn't seem to think she is a factor or worth worrying over, you sure seem to devote a good amount of time bashing her. Feel free....it doesn't seem to have it's intended effect.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by mothershipzeta

Whatever her reasons were for leaving the Alaskan Gov job for, doesn't matter to me as she had become ineffective due to the MSM attacks and the repeated Ethics Violation FAILED attempts. She did the state a favor there.

She did what was best for her and family (who was also being attacked daily). Since she left, the MSM has enabled her to become the Huge political force that she has become.

Like I say, just keep making fun of her.... LOL We'll see who is laughing last (other than the Palins).

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
For what its worth.
Palin fans now know How Obama fans feel.

End the end we are all ATSrs!

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavil
reply to post by MrXYZ

For someone who doesn't seem to think she is a factor or worth worrying over, you sure seem to devote a good amount of time bashing her. Feel free....it doesn't seem to have it's intended effect.

I never said she has no influence...just that she's only got one agenda, making money...and that she'll say whatever people wanna hear to get that

I think it's kinda scary that people are cheering her on after she published a book full of proven lies...

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/95e8e92a23d4.jpg[/atsimg]

Just my $.02, does this count as a 2nd?

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Actually I believe that. Like Jessica Simpson and the tuna comment. She was just playign the game.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Palin definitely had a positive influence on the elections. Three of the winning candidates that she endorsed had not been endorsed by the Republican party.

To deny her positive influence is to show fear in her abilities.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
I think it's kinda scary that people are cheering her on after she published a book full of proven lies...

Boy are you chasing windmills....expecting politicians to tell the truth?? Show me one politician's book that isn't chock full of such things.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Not trying to be argumentative, but no one but the individual themselves can say what their true intentions are. My personal opinion is that I think the genuinely cares about maintaining freedom in this country, as well as providing for multiple generations of her family.

I would add this analogy, though, just as food for thought: let's take George Lucas and Star Wars. Anyone who grew up in my generation knows that Star Wars once ruled the world (well, Star Wars and KISS maybe). Maybe George Lucas just wanted to get filthy rich, or maybe he was really expressing his artistic ideas for more aesthetic reasons. Even if you pulled him aside and he told you "No, I just did it for the money--I hated making Star Wars, it was nothing but a pain in my butt, but my great-great grandchildren are already provided for so it's worth it," it doesn't take anything away from the movie. It's still legendary, and it still ruled the world for a long time.

My point is, even if people have ONLY financial motives in mind, I don't see anything wrong with that. We have the right of the pursuit of happiness, and if someone believes money will do that for them...well, that's up to them and not cause for condemnation...in my opinion, anyway.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Palin is a work in progress of average intelligence.
Considering what a so called highly intelligent man has given us over the last two years, she is certainly worth a try.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Atomic Honey

My point is, even if people have ONLY financial motives in mind, I don't see anything wrong with that. We have the right of the pursuit of happiness, and if someone believes money will do that for them...well, that's up to them and not cause for condemnation...in my opinion, anyway.

There is nothing wrong with the pursuit of happiness or prosperity. Having money does not make you fit to lead though. I wonder what policy would have been Jar Jar Binks in the Lucas U.S.A.?

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
Palin is a work in progress of average intelligence.
Considering what a so called highly intelligent man has given us over the last two years, she is certainly worth a try.

I have yet to see any evidence that she is nearly as smart as you claim.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Funny, most of the commentaries I read were calling Super Tuesday a mixed bag. many incumbents did escape unscathed. Palin didn't endorse anyone who didn't already have a good shot at winning. I seriously doubt her not endorsing them would have hurt. if anything she should be thanking them for letting her keep her name out there a bit longer.

[edit on 11-6-2010 by antonia]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by K J Gunderson

You're missing the point, as long as she surrounds herself with plenty of smart people, good decisions can be made.

Besides, based on what we're are experiencing now, it's obvious intelligence is no longer a qualification.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by K J Gunderson

Originally posted by Atomic Honey

There is nothing wrong with the pursuit of happiness or prosperity. Having money does not make you fit to lead though.

Then why do people continue to bleat "She's only in it for the money!" ?

It's simple, really. They do it to try to trivialize her and her accomplishments.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
It would be cool to have a first woman president. But I am not so sure the wise choice would be Palin. She could barely handle the critics of her being governor. How is she going to take the critics of her being president? As soon as she hits president somebody will some how find a way to label her the antichrist.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
reply to post by K J Gunderson

You're missing the point, as long as she surrounds herself with plenty of smart people, good decisions can be made.

What point am I missing exactly? As long as ANYONE surrounds themselves with good people, good decisions can be made. Miley Cyrus has an unstoppable business model and amassed enough of a fortune to not even need to sustain it. She has great advisers. She fit to be president?

Besides, based on what we're are experiencing now, it's obvious intelligence is no longer a qualification.

Not much of an insult. I know it was meant to be but logic would undo what was supposed to be derisive wit. Qualifications are a prerequisite. What we are experiencing now would have to proceed his presidency for your joke to make any sense. That is fine for most jokes but when attempting to insult intelligence it is best to do so while not demonstrating a clear lack thereof.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join