It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin's backing pays off for pals!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by K J Gunderson

Part of me really wanted to reply to your statement, but I'm holding back since it would be off-topic.

I will simply say Sarah Palin is likely a lot smarter than people give her credit for. She did not become Governor of Alaska for no reason. She was smart enough to know how to win votes, and smart enough to capitalize (and I DO mean capitalize) on John McCain's apparent schizophrenia. Thanks to her "stupidity," her grandchildren, and maybe even her grandchildren's grandchildren will never be struggling financially.

It's possible many of us have different definitions in our mind for the word "stupid," but I will leave it at that.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Atomic Honey

Part of me really wanted to reply to your statement, but I'm holding back since it would be off-topic.

Yet it keeps getting brought up. You will note that I never brought up that off topic subject once.

I will simply say Sarah Palin is likely a lot smarter than people give her credit for.

That is your opinion. I am honestly not sure what that is worth exactly. Just because you think she is smart...well, who are you? What are your standards?

She did not become Governor of Alaska for no reason.

She was elected in a sparsely populated state full of people that get drunk, wander off outside, and die in the snow. Apparently she could not handle it and quit so not exactly a great example of her wit.

She was smart enough to know how to win votes,

So was John McCain and you call him mentally ill. For that matter, as a Palin supporter I have to guess you are not a big fan of Obama. He was smart enough to win votes too so does that make him smart enough to run the country?

and smart enough to capitalize (and I DO mean capitalize) on John McCain's apparent schizophrenia.

Exactly what how are you diagnosing him with schizophrenia? How dare you, he was smart enough to win votes and he is rich. Tsk tsk.

Thanks to her "stupidity," her grandchildren, and maybe even her grandchildren's grandchildren will never be struggling financially.

Wow, that sure is something. Same goes for Roman Polanski's grandchildren and possibly theirs as well. Support Palin Family Values and tell me what a genius he is for being rich all in one breath. For that matter, it will probably apply to Joe Francis is he reproduces someday. What a smart guy he is.

It's possible many of us have different definitions in our mind for the word "stupid," but I will leave it at that.

I use the one found in any English dictionary. You just make up definitions for words?

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by K J Gunderson
She was elected in a sparsely populated state full of people that get drunk, wander off outside, and die in the snow. Apparently she could not handle it and quit so not exactly a great example of her wit.

^^^^^^Pure gold. ^^^^

I use the one found in any English dictionary. You just make up definitions for words?

Classic. Well played sir. It seems Nanook just got pwnd.

ON TOPIC:

Folks might want to stop and consider that Ms Palin's "credentials" are diminished each day she is not in office. Her "experience" of holding elected office as a half term Governor is at a plateau and will be out flanked by a myriad of opponents. Heck even though Obama was green at first, he will have 4 years holding the highest elected position by the time the 2012 election rolls around.

Funny though how the neocons and teabaggers have short memories and clamor to whoever shows up as flavor of the month. Scott Brown, Rand Paul et al.

A perfect recent example is Carly Fiorina. In her final days at HP, she outsourced 18,000 American jobs, lead the company to the brink of failure (haven't rebounded to this day) and walked away with a $20+ Million dollar "golden parachute." I will NEVER forget her famous quote that inspired me to dump every single HP product in my business. (about $30K worth) to defend outsourcing overseas. "There is no job that is America's God-given right anymore. We have to compete for jobs."

More on Fiorina

And now, she's a GOP darling.

[edit on 10-6-2010 by kinda kurious]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Yes, she's a real little money-maker.

Just keep feeding her that rope.....she'll take care of the rest.
Oh wait! She already has.

I can't even believe people think she's attractive. She's just plain as a fence post to me. And the sound of her voice sets my teeth on edge.

Oh well. Each to his own..........

Good luck in 2012!

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Given the apparent theme of the thread as carried on since JW wanted to compare people's bank accounts to somehow prove intelligence. Considering the intelligence being discussed is that of Sarah Palin in relation to her ability to run anything I would then like to propose to all of you Palin supporters that believe she is smart because she is rich that she choose a running mate now and I hope you will all get behind me in supporting a smart, rich (self-made), American woman.

Natalie Dylan for vice president.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by K J Gunderson

Dead people do not vote here as they do in many other parts of the country.

So was John McCain and you call him mentally ill. For that matter, as a Palin supporter I have to guess you are not a big fan of Obama. He was smart enough to win votes too so does that make him smart enough to run the country?

Honestly, I'm not a big fan of Obama, but you assume too much when you call me a Palin supporter. I have said earlier on this thread that I hope she never runs for public office.

Exactly what how are you diagnosing him with schizophrenia? How dare you, he was smart enough to win votes and he is rich. Tsk tsk.

I did not say McCain was "stupid."

As do I, but there is a distinction between having knowledge and being able to apply it. Some have it and can't, some don't have it and can. When people use the word "stupid" they can mean different things by it. By the way, I'm new enough here that I haven't yet figured out how to break up the snippets nicely as you have done. I'll work on it.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by anon72

Some of Sarah Palin’s riskiest endorsements scored major victories Tuesday for the former Alaska governor, showing off her power in Republican primaries.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ebaf940f8af1.jpg[/atsimg]
Palin had four primary endorsements in play – Carly Fiorina, Nikki Haley, Terry Branstad and Cecile Bledsoe – and three won or moved on to a runoff.

Palin served different roles for each candidate – sometimes spotlighting conservatives not well known to the national scene while at others validating conservative credentials to an unsure grassroots and even stepping in to deflect nasty attacks.

Perhaps Palin’s most powerful demonstration came in South Carolina, where her endorsement propelled a major swing in the polls for Haley’s primary campaign for governor and sustained the state representative through accusations of two separate affairs.

"Her decision to get - and stay - involved in the race here in South Carolina was a huge boon to our campaign, because it caused a lot of South Carolinians to take a second look at a rising in the polls but once-little known state legislator who was fighting to give them back their government,” Haley spokesman Tim Pearson said of Palin.

Spurce: www.politico.com...

Go ahead-Rip on her. I dare ya. Go ahead-keep making fun of her. Go ahead-keep saying she is a nothing/nodoby. She'll just keep moving past you and proving she is a political driving force in the current political arena of the USA.

You wait until Novemember. If she stays on the current course, we can cound on every 3 of 4 people she supports getting into office. The sooner the better.

Time for us dumb US citizens to seize power from the "smart" ones currently running the country. Hopefully we'll be just dumb enough not to screw over the AMerican people like the politicians we currently have and most of the previous one. The so-called best and brightest are bringing the country to it's kness and maybe even will cause it to be killed off.

[edit on 6/9/2010 by anon72]

Keep backing ur hicks.......
Palin aint nothing but a two bit got more then $500,000 scummy two bit gun toting scum!

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
She's just plain as a fence post to me.

LOL Appropriately with same intellect.

And the sound of her voice sets my teeth on edge.

Funny you mentioned that. A couple of weeks ago I took my car to the shop because my brakes started making a high pitched screeching sound. I described it to the mechanic and likened it to Palin's voice. He didn't find it too funny as evidenced by my bill.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

No I didn't buy her book but I did get a copy for Christmas. Honestly, I haven't even read it. Don't need to.

I think a lot of you are missing the point-I think. About her being smart etc.

I like her for her Spirit-as I personally saw and on TV during the 2008 election. I bet most, if any, ever attended a speech/rally/event with Palin as a Speaker. Say what you want but I bet she could out do most, if not all of us (Public speaking).

If you care to read, here is how I feel about Palin-from a post from last year. Still the same. Read it and let me know what you think. I may be wrong in your eyes but in mine, I am dead on:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by anon72 Say what you want but I bet she could out do most, if not all of us (Public speaking).

Speak for yourself. I speak regularly at the monthly Battery of the Month Club meetings at my local Radio Shack. Bring her on.........

Spiel Baby Spiel.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

The Mods can close the Thread with this post-as far as I am concerned.

Well done. STAR (wish I could give more).

I am glad I re-read this thread-I must have missed yours at first.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Yeah sorry I bogged down your thread with meaningless posts. I asked for the mods to delete them for being off topic but they never did.

I'm not telling you to not like Sarah Palin because whoever you like is 100% your opinion. I like people that you would call insane just as I call Palin insane, we have different viewpoints and part of the American common belief is that we are all entitled to our own beliefs.

It gets tiring when you are always told if you want your beliefs you need to leave, it's my country too and who are you to tell me to leave it because you don't like what I think.

I think you know what I mean. Anyways, I apologize.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Target Earth

To label Tea party people as total morons is totally wrong, and If you believe that, then you have obviously never been to a tea party. Palin's supporters are smart and well educated...

The tea party would do better without the republican hawks at the forefront, and for christ sake get rid of dipsy palin or the tea party ambitions of creating a new progressive competitive party will be over. Either get real change with a new third party, or keep jumping backwards and forwards with these goons like Bush, Obama and Palin, where nothing really changes.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
As long as the TP is cheering on a fake money greedy person like Palin, they have no credibility imo. Plus, Palin openly agrees with Limbaugh, another hack who's so full of lies, it's the main reason he's so overweight.

Don't be fooled by mere slogans and buzz words. Research what they exactly say and you realize they're FOS and only after personal wealth!

As for your post explaining why you like Palin, all I got from that is that you hate gays and Arabs...

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
Palin openly agrees with Limbaugh, another hack who's so full of lies...

You know, I have listened to Rush for at least five years and I have yet to hear him knowingly state a fictitious statement. If he does misspeak he immediately corrects himself as soon as he is made aware of it.

If I am wrong and I have missed some lies he has told, could you point them out to me? I surely don't want to keep listening to a liar every day.
thanks in advance for the links leading to examples of Rush's proven lies.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by anon72
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

No I didn't buy her book but I did get a copy for Christmas. Honestly, I haven't even read it. Don't need to.

I think a lot of you are missing the point-I think. About her being smart etc.

I like her for her Spirit-as I personally saw and on TV during the 2008 election. I bet most, if any, ever attended a speech/rally/event with Palin as a Speaker. Say what you want but I bet she could out do most, if not all of us (Public speaking).

If you care to read, here is how I feel about Palin-from a post from last year. Still the same. Read it and let me know what you think. I may be wrong in your eyes but in mine, I am dead on:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Hmmm. So what you like about her has nothing to do with experience, ability, or knowledge. You like her "spirit" and you think she gave good speeches?

You like Sarah Palin because of how she makes you feel with her great speeches.

Where have I head that kind of mindset criticized before?

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   

As do I, but there is a distinction between having knowledge and being able to apply it. Some have it and can't, some don't have it and can.

Apparently not because you just described the difference between stupidity and ignorance which are two different things. I would guess that is the result of the latter.

When people use the word "stupid" they can mean different things by it.

Only if they are ignorant.

By the way, I'm new enough here that I haven't yet figured out how to break up the snippets nicely as you have done. I'll work on it.

Did I complain?

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by IcarusDeepSea

Originally posted by MrXYZ
Palin openly agrees with Limbaugh, another hack who's so full of lies...

You know, I have listened to Rush for at least five years and I have yet to hear him knowingly state a fictitious statement. If he does misspeak he immediately corrects himself as soon as he is made aware of it.

If I am wrong and I have missed some lies he has told, could you point them out to me? I surely don't want to keep listening to a liar every day.
thanks in advance for the links leading to examples of Rush's proven lies.

Here

Limbaugh lied about Bush's false uranium claim....
mediamatters.org...

Limbaugh lied about 9-11 Commission report....
mediamatters.org...

Limbaugh falsely claimed "Nobody ever said there was" a connection between Iraq, 9-11 attacks....
mediamatters.org...

Limbaugh misrepresented Duelfer report on Iraqi WMDs....
mediamatters.org...

Limbaugh lied about AIDS....
mediamatters.org...

Limbaugh lied to defend Swift Boat Vets....
mediamatters.org...

And the list goes on here: mediamatters.org...

Source I did just cut and paste the above, meant to give credit so here.

[edit on 10-6-2010 by K J Gunderson]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

No problem Sir. I usually enjoy your post and threads.

Definitely a topic of heated debate. Maybe by 2012 another, more appropriate and like thinking person may come to the fore-front and make Palin irrellevant but to say she is now is not logically or supported by evidence. She is clearly a game player (regardless if she wanted to be or not-when picked by McCain.

Have a great day.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

If that is all you got out of my post-..show me. Come on-hating gays and arabs (which I think you are showing your own prejudicies).

Anyway, with you comment on that, I can see why you post the way you do. You can't read well. I'm sorry for you.

Go to night school or something. Good Luck with all of that then.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join