It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin's backing pays off for pals!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I have mixed feelings on Palin. No, I just don't see myself backing her for any potential political office and wouldn't support a candidate on her say so. I was 100% enthusiastic about her at first and even admitted to having a bit of a 'girl crush' on her. But after a while, I don't see her really taking the country back to our roots- and that is what we need. She really comes across as astroturf to me now. Just being honest.

BUT... I will say a lot of the hype about her lack of intelligence is just that- hype. There are even some interesting you tube videos that show the extreme media bias in terms of how the media harshly presents her gaffes compared to the virtual air brushing they give to others.

Also, I get irritated with the way the media seems to go after her for being 'blue collar redneck' and 'hockey mom.' Sorry but I would take that any day over an Ivy Leaguer with absolutely no concept of how the real world works.

Mainly due to the fact that is the way our founders set up our government to operate- real citizens that get involved. Not elite career politicians.

On the other side of the token, I believe that is what she has become. But I do get irritated at the media for attempting to portray her as 'Every day America' and trying to make it out to be a bad thing.

[edit on 6/9/2010 by AshleyD]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Just Wondering
It is funny watching people call her stupid. I would like for you to compare your bank account with hers and then call her stupid

Let's compare our bank accounts to a supermodels. They must be very smart I guess since they are pretty loaded.

That has to be one of the weakest arguments I have ever read.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by anon72
reply to post by MrXYZ

She's smart enough to get a million dollars book deal, a TV spot, some reality stuff, arrange huge speaker payments, political endorsements AND free Snowmobile Coats. I think she made out better than any of the Pres and VP canidates.

Her and Todd are laughing their dumba--es off, all the way to the bank: Screaming: And they call us the dumb ones!!!! LOL LOL

Oh, and now being the Biggest Female name in Politics-putting Hillary to Shame.... Yes, lets try the dumb one for a while.

AND, let's not forget, she's got a better jumpshot the Obama.

Yeah, Kate and John got the same thing, would you consider them smart?

The Cast of Jersey Shore? Consider them smart?

Any idiot with something to say can be a millionaire these days and get all the things you mentioned above.

That however, does NOT mean they are fit to be in political office. Sarah Palin especially.

Sure she's good and endorsing people, pretty women with a soft voice goes a long way in those red states.

For some reason I didn't think that you would equate having money as a legitimate reason for holding office.

Isn't that what caused this mess?

~Keeper

[edit on 6/9/2010 by tothetenthpower]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir

It is funny watching people call her stupid. I would like for you to compare your bank account with hers and then call her stupid

Let's compare our bank accounts to a supermodels. They must be very smart I guess since they are pretty loaded.

That has to be one of the weakest arguments I have ever read.

No no, you're getting it all wrong...they don't mean "smart" or "intelligent"...they talk about "common sense" because that's apparently the best quality of a leader, intelligence is secondary

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Let's compare our bank accounts to a supermodels.
How about you and I compare bank accounts?

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Just Wondering

Because you comparing your bank account with his would be relevant for this thread how exactly?

[edit on 9-6-2010 by MrXYZ]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Umm, no thank you?

How is that relevant to this thread, or even to the diaolgue we were having? Personally I think the mods should close both of our posts for being off topic.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I think it is funny that you judge a person's intelligence when said person could buy and sell your entire family.

Palin=self made millionaire
you=minimum wage earner

nuff said.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   

reply to post by Misoir

NVM. Far too easy.

I won't feed the troll.

~Keeper

[edit on 6/9/2010 by tothetenthpower]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Let's compare our bank accounts to a supermodels.
How about you and I compare bank accounts?

I actually have no issues with her parlaying her reputation into a means of making money and capitalizing on her name. Indeed, well played. In fact, she probably has more influence (or at the least, more access to be able to influence....) if she remains in the private sector. I hope she is "smart" enough to understand that.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   

reply to post by Misoir

I think it is funny that you judge a person's intelligence when said person could buy and sell your entire family.

you=minimum wage earner

nuff said.

I'm tired of playing with you. I was never disrespectful you and I expect you to not disrespect me.

Money has very little meaning other than the superficial influence they have. A person should be judged by their respect, morals and actions.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Since when does having money have anything to do with being intelligent? Seriously? Some of the greatest minds in human history have died paupers. All I have to say seriously man...grow up.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I don't think the issue should be how much money she makes. What does that mean? We have plenty of filthy rich politicians, who are not worth anything. Palin was a Mayor in the middle of nowhere Alaska... to Governor of Alaska. She didn't come from money. She had a 80% approval rating... until the criminal liberal media did their best to destroy her.
She has not only survived but prospered under constant attacks, and she still gets no respect. I would like to see anybody on this site do any better, then she did. Her Family is attacked, and still she pulls no punches. I may not agree with everything she says or does... but she is far from stupid...

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

She's smart enough to get a million dollars book deal, a TV spot, some reality stuff, arrange huge speaker payments, political endorsements AND free Snowmobile Coats. I think she made out better than any of the Pres and VP canidates.

Her and Todd are laughing their dumba--es off, all the way to the bank: Screaming: And they call us the dumb ones!!!! LOL LOL

You can't credit her for people being dumb enough to listen to her.

Just because you are rich...doesn't mean you are smart...it just means you have convinced dumber people to pay you money.

BTW...did you buy her book?

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   

reply to post by Misoir

you=minimum wage earner

nuff said.

I love how you judge people's financial situations without knowing them

Wanna guess my yearly salary too?

Either way, your financial capabilities doesn't automatically transfer into being a good politician with a good agenda. Palin is after one thing, MONEY, and she will say whatever people wanna hear (no matter how retarded it is) to get what she wants.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
A lot of posts on here laughing her off. Yes, she may be of average or below average intelligence - who is to say. The only really dumb thing going on here is people underestimating her and laughing her off. A popular dumb person can still be a very dangerous adversary in politics. Most of America would do well not to underestimate her or there could be a lot of people fuming "I can't believe it" when the time comes.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Money has very little meaning other than the superficial influence they have. A person should be judged by their respect, morals and actions.
Usually is people without money that say dumb things like this to justify their laziness. I respect those that work and have some kind of initiative and not just say dumb sayings like, "who needs money when you have love"
or
"Money has very little meaning other than the superficial influence they have."

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Her making a ton of money by saying what people wanna hear (no matter how retarded) doesn't mean she's fit for office or that she should lead!! Not everyone with a lot of money is suitable to become a politician.

I mean, Christ, people saw her interviews and statements, many of which are beyond stupid. Yet some people still cheer her on simply because she throws around some meaningless catch phrases without any intelligent backup. She gets cheered on by people who don't want or need backup as long as someone keeps chanting songs supporting their fantasy world.

Fact is, the woman is stupid...don't make me post more interviews with her, or excerpts of her book that is full of blatant lies. She's about as fake as they come.

Having said that, there are A LOT of stupid people who buy into her lies...so yeah, she might be dangerous. That doesn't mean she's good, intelligent, or that she should be voted into any public office.

She's a female version of Bush with better PR capabilities. And we all know what 8 years of Bush brought us!!

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

What has 8 years of Bush brought us? How much better off are you under Obama?
Obama isn't fit to tie Bush's shoes. He is a far worst president. but to keep blaming Bush isn't gonna help anything... you know who I see in the Oval Office now, Obama...
Who do I see dragging this country down, Obama...It is one disaster after another...
We had 8 pretty good years under bush we we're all working... living good lives
now all my friends are getting the houses took from them, cause they can't find a job...
because the private sector is being destroyed... come on

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Sarah Palin..............REALLY???? I mean we are all entitled to our own opinion but Sarah Palin.........Wow! That is...um...well that's just wrong. You are wrong madam...She is the worst.......

[edit on 9-6-2010 by strangleholder1]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join