It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin's backing pays off for pals!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by K J Gunderson

Thanks for the links. I will read them. It is unfortunate they all come from the same place.
I shall read and report!
Icarus out!

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by IcarusDeepSea

Originally posted by MrXYZ
Palin openly agrees with Limbaugh, another hack who's so full of lies...

You know, I have listened to Rush for at least five years and I have yet to hear him knowingly state a fictitious statement. If he does misspeak he immediately corrects himself as soon as he is made aware of it.

If I am wrong and I have missed some lies he has told, could you point them out to me? I surely don't want to keep listening to a liar every day.
thanks in advance for the links leading to examples of Rush's proven lies.

I'll gladly comply

1) When he summarized the 911 commission report, he said that it was evident that Atta met with Iraqi intelligence...that's a blatant lie, because the report states the EXACT OPPOSITE!!

2) He also claimed that "nobody ever said there was a connection between 911 and Iraq"...which is hilarious given that he himself said it when he went over the 911 report, and we all know Cheney said that connection is "pretty well confirmed".

3)

LIMBAUGH: And remember, back then in the '80s, one of the accompanying -- there -- there -- there -- there was a lot of fear-mongering going on around -- about AIDS, as a lot of people were scared about it. And one of the things that -- that the -- the AIDS activists said regularly back then was, oh, this is only a matter of time before it spreads to the heterosexual community. It's only a matter of time. And they used that as -- as one of the weapons to try to get people like Reagan to start talking about it from their standpoint. And of course it -- it hasn't. It -- it didn't, and it hasn't, other than in Africa, and in Africa it is -- it is being spread not just by -- it -- it -- it's promiscuity that -- that -- that spreads this, if you want to know the truth. It's promiscuity. But it -- it hasn't made that jump to the heterosexual community.

So AIDS hasn't spread to the heterosexual community...riiiiiiight.Source

There's tons more, read this.

Anyway, I'm happy you see him for the liar he is now, and that I saved you a few minutes every day because you can now stop listening to that hack!

EDIT: Damn you KJ, you're faster than me

[edit on 10-6-2010 by MrXYZ]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Thanks for the links. I will read them. It is unfortunate they all come from the same place.
I shall read and report!
Icarus out!

Of course, Media Matters so it must be made up and unverifiable, right?

They include transcripts and I believe a couple have clips. Transcripts you can double check by getting the originals from Rush. Need more sources than that?

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
@Anon: It's ok, keep believing in Palin and her lies instead of looking at facts...I really don't care. The woman keeps saying Alaska's responsible for 20% of the country's energy production, even after people have tried to correct her...the real figure is 2.9%!!! She will say ANYTHING to make people believe in her FAKE image. Her book has been debunked on countless occasions, yet people keep on cheering her on. They don't want FACTS, they want a fairy tale that fits their fantasy viewpoint of the world.

As for me going back to night school...no thanks! Got my MSc and MBA degrees in business and real estate from one of the top schools...that's enough for me to judge people's intelligence and speeches when it comes to economics. When it comes to Palin, she's utter fail when it comes to economics!

[edit on 10-6-2010 by MrXYZ]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Just like we got with Obama. But he is the evil twin then.

Please, re-read why I like her, or rather Palinism. I'm not trying to fight or anything. Just telling you how I see it. Enough of the status quo that got us into this mess. I am frustrated enough that I would rather have a total NOOB in the White House (THAT ISN'T hell bent on radically changing the America I know).

But, I have to say you do present your side of the issue very well. you would probably be surprise when i say I have given you stars for your efforts. I may not agree but doesn't mean I can't appreciate. Good day.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Friend, all I said was that I was on my way to read them.
And that I would return and report. I wasn't arguing with you, I actually thanked you for the links. Are you a bit paranoid?

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Friend, all I said was that I was on my way to read them.
And that I would return and report. I wasn't arguing with you, I actually thanked you for the links. Are you a bit paranoid?

Paranoid? No. Used to the typical excuses? YEP! You said too bad they all come from the same source. I am not sure how that matters other than a setup for the eventual dismissal. Who cares what the source is when the source supplies the official show transcript and all they are doing is telling you to look at his own words and see what you think?

I am used to this trick. You said that if people pointed out his lies, you could stop wasting your time listening to him. We have been here before. You will not admit he is a liar and you will not stop listening. On the other hand, you will not explain his lies away rationally. The usual tactic is to dismiss the source or dismiss it is some that cannot be confirmed - especially without audio. Media Mattes is a favorite target of the type of people that would believe Rush and support Palin.

I would be more than happy to be proven wrong. I was not being hostile but merely commenting on the setup of 'too bad these transcripts of his own words telling lies come from one place.'

Yeah, they all come from Rush.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Her intelligence isn't really an issue. I don't find her to be a genius, but I've never meet her.

What bothers me is how she really is just a talking pretty face for the Republican party. She could say whatever they want and the heartland will believe her and rally around here. That's pretty scary. The Republican party is extremely lucky they found Palin to be their spokesperson.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Sorry if I came over as aggressive, that wasn't my intention. Everyone has the right to believe whatever they want. I just think that Palin is playing on people's emotion and patriotism when in reality, she's hurting the average American...even if she pretends to do the exact opposite.

I mean, just read some of the posts where people debunk her book, it's full of VERIFIABLE lies. I can't in good conscience support someone who lies so blatantly.

And just fyi, I don't agree with a lot of Obama's policies, some of which aren't any different from what Bush did. Take the bailouts for example. When Palin ran for vice president, she SUPPORTED Bush's bailouts!! But as soon as she lost, she's suddenly against them.

FYI, I am against the bailouts too. From an economic viewpoint, those companies should have all failed and the US economy should have been rebuild from the ground up, in a SUSTAINABLE way. Instead, they chose to throw money into a black hole and only temporarily fix the problem. It WOULD have worked if the bailout was accompanied by tougher regulation of the financial sector...sadly it wasn't. So the whole thing is poised to repeat itself!

The problem is, letting the companies fail would have made the situation A LOT worse in the short/medium term. Many many many more people would have lost their house and jobs. But it would have been the right way for the US long term.

I worked for a major hedge fund, and all my friends on Wall Street are LAUGHING at the reform. It's been watered down to the point where it has almost zero effect on how they are able to abuse the system and the American people. If you look at who voted against the reforms that would have prevented disasters like the one we are going through now, you realize it was predominantly REPUBLICANS who killed those reforms. Why? Because they're in the pocket of big business...but they're (incl. Palin) are selling you this as "they're taking away our freedom".

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by anon72
Go ahead-Rip on her. I dare ya. Go ahead-keep making fun of her. Go ahead-keep saying she is a nothing/nodoby. She'll just keep moving past you and proving she is a political driving force in the current political arena of the USA.

She's moved on from being honest (for her) and endorsing the candidates that most closely match her beliefs.

Now she's discarding that and picking the people who are already ahead by double-digits and have good funding, who then go on to win, oddly enough. She's abandoning the Tea Partiers, but that's okay because they can't quit her, because without her they have NO ONE.

So she gets to increase her "score," and then she can leverage her endorsement of a winning candidate into getting the winner to support her later.

"Someday, and that day may never come, I'll call upon you to do a service for me. But until that day – accept this endorsement as a gift."

Sarah Palin is a grifter, and a good grifter has to think 2 or 3 moves ahead to continue their con game. And she's a good one.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by anon72
reply to post by OldDragger

The OP/Article, which I don't believe you must have read. Here is a specific part:

"Her decision to get - and stay - involved in the race here in South Carolina was a huge boon to our campaign, because it caused a lot of South Carolinians to take a second look at a rising in the polls but once-little known state legislator who was fighting to give them back their government,” Haley spokesman Tim Pearson said of Palin.

So it had nothing to do with her main opponent's supporter making numerous racial slurs against her? Or the numerous allegations of sexual impropriety? Those things can help a candidate more than they hurt.

Nikki Haley surged before Palin endorsement

The former Alaska governor swept into the Palmetto State on May 14 to stage an endorsement rally with Haley on the steps of the State Capitol. The rally drew huge headlines across the state, and three days later a public poll showed Haley jumping to an 11-point lead over her three opponents.

Yet despite the attention Palin's endorsement received, Republican operatives in South Carolina said Haley's surge was as much -- if not more -- a result of her conservative-reformer message and support from "tea party" groups.

"Haley's rise preceded the Palin endorsement," said a Haley adviser who discussed the race only on the condition of anonymity. "But no question it was helpful."

"Helpful" is not quite the same as "essential."

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Ah.... the hate that never dies for Palin eh? At least her coatails seem to be better than the Presidents. Obama better pray that the economy doesn't sputter back down before elections.......

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
The politicians of today need only the basic intelligence of a sheep herder to be successful. Become a master at herding the sheep? ...you might just find yourself one day looking down at a few hundred million of them.

Intelligence is required by the politician only to the extent that it takes to get the votes. The dumber the voters become, the dumber the politicians become. It's their job to "relate" to us, after all.

[edit on 10/6/10 by Navieko]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by pikestaff
well, she has nice legs, makes a change for all the tit fixated voters (men),
so why not let her have her say, freedom of speech? or is that just for handsome rich men?

Yes, because we're all saying she shouldn't be allowed to exercise her first amendment rights.

Strawman FAIL.

Oh, and as far as "tit fixated voters," she's fixing that as well: Did Sarah Palin get a boob job? (Fox Boston)

Link to pic (SFW)

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by pavil
Ah.... the hate that never dies for Palin eh? At least her coatails seem to be better than the Presidents.

Sorry, coattails are for politicans running for office. I seem to remember her being soundly defeated in the last general election - which also lost GOP Senate and House seats.

And no hate for Palin. Just wonderment that the same people who derided Obama's lack of experience and called him and "empty suit" are banging the drum for a grifter who abandoned her state (and the people who elected her) mid-term for a lucrative book contract, speaking tours and TV appearances.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
@Anon: It's ok, keep believing in Palin and her lies instead of looking at facts...I really don't care. The woman keeps saying Alaska's responsible for 20% of the country's energy production, even after people have tried to correct her...the real figure is 2.9%!!!

I think she is referring to the U.S. domestic output of Oil and Natural Gas, which is over 16% for Alaska (14.3% Oil, about 2% Natural Gas). She Quoted "this state that produces nearly 20 percent of the U.S. domestic supply of energy". She was trying to say that Alaska is one of the largest domestic suppliers of Oil and Natural Gas, which it is. But go ahead and ridicule her.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by mothershipzeta

In my book coattails are someone who helps you to get elected.... that's the bottom line. Ask Spector if Obama's coattails helped him. Pailins endorsments helped the candidates, it didn't hurt them.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by pavil

But she didn't say that!! She said "energy output"...and in fact, she said so repeatedly during various speaking engagements, even after people pointed out that that's not the truth! But keep following her blindly

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Bottom line...

She is being managed and the picks have been strategic to build a credibility with her endorsements. She endorses canddiates when polls look conclusive, not before.

Who is managing her?

John Coale: Coale, Washington lawyer and husband of Fox News Channel's Greta Van Susteren

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Your quibbling over words, if that's all you got on the matter. Alaska does produce over 16% of this nation's Domestic Oil and Natural Gas.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join