It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bulldoze 1 Million New Homes or else the US Economy falls off a cliff

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Freedom or Death

No I'm not in Pheonix, but who the hell cares if the banks lose money???? I don't. The other homeowners, well get over it, if you're that petty. Someone else had a good idea about giving them three years to start making mortgage payments, seems fair to me, but How about the banks that caused the mess pay for it, instead of the American citizen for once? Oh no that's not fair, even though they caused the scourge! HA!!! I think they all should be dismantaled (banks) and all their assets spread amongst the public IMO. Nothing they ever did was fair or kosher...I am so glad that I had the intelligence not to be part of the sourge.

[edit on 10-6-2010 by ldyserenity]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity

Someone else had a good idea about giving them three years to start making mortgage payments ...

So you want to let people live in thier homes for 3 years without making payments?

Sounds great where do I sign up?

BTW they tried the, 'reduced introductory interest rate with gradually increasing interest rates thing', back in 2007-2008 when the bubble popped.

And they are trying the, 'live in your home without making payments', thing right now. It's not working out real well for alot of people.

[edit on 10-6-2010 by Freedom or Death]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Yup that's how this stuff happens sometimes, I don't think bulldozing good homes is a good idea though, call me crazy. There are more undesirable homes that can be plowed and nice homes built in their spots(as other posters have mentined) while this downturn is happening, then they would have twice as many desirable homes to sell and the rates would be lower cause of higher supply. But as far as where I live prices on homes have pretty much stayed the same, no up or down stagnant, which is the worse it can be. I always wanted to move to AZ I guess I will start looking into those that have been reduced tremendously already. Also it seems there's going to be more jobs there available pretty soon, so maybe this will do something for those homes, attracting people to the lowered housing prices and the high chance of finding work plus this scare tactic about bulldozing homes...someone like me may move their butts a little faster now just because of the threat, realizing prices won't likely drop any further. Pretty good marketing ploy if you ask me.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Do not bulldoze but deconstruct the homes and sell the materials.

Less materials going to landfills and more people working on the deconstruction.
www.washingtonpost.com...
abclocal.go.com.../local&id=6699664
www.mnn.com...
www.epa.gov...

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED

Do not bulldoze but deconstruct the homes and sell the materials.

Less materials going to landfills and more people working on the deconstruction.

Green de-construction instead of demolition?

Well the new trend is to create green jobs ...

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Give these homes away? Ever seen what some people do with things they are simply given and havent had to work for? I have... I see it every day in my city. It takes money to do upkeep on a home, home owners insurance, etc etc etc... do we give them this money too?? I can tell you we spend big coin on our home EVERY YEAR... simply in upkeep, upgrade, insurance, maintenance on appliances, property taxes, utilities, etc.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freedom or Death
2) Construction jobs would be created to build new homes on top of the new homes that were bulldozed.

Blatently, work for work's sake, waste of materials with nothing good to come of it. Is this what life under the capitalist system has come to? This exemplifies it into a nutshell better than anything else.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Let's burn 50% of our food supply as well instead of giving it the starving. Maybe then our food prices could double and the starving could double as well! Oh joy!

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   

I live in Phoenix, I want to buy a house soon and I am very happy the prices keep falling.

I was in the market 3-4 years ago but decided no way am I buying at these ridiculous prices. Everyone honestly seemed to believe the prices would keep going up despite the fact they were handing out loans to people who obviously could never meet the terms.

The only reason to buy a house from 2003-2007 in phoenix was as an investment to flip, anyone that bought and truly thought they were getting a long term home that did not expect it to take a drastic drop in value, well in my opinion was pretty stupid.

It's similar to anyone who would try and invest in today's stock market when fraud, deception, and outright denial of the fundamentals are taking place.

Don't you understand everything has a cause and effect, when you build and sell houses to people who can't afford them eventually there is going to be a glut of supply when they default.

The OP like the typical American wants there to be some kind of a loop hole, free lunch, or to be selfishly exempted. That in a nutshell is why we have these economic problems in the first place, selfishness greed and fraud have become the norm.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Dixie70

yeah to people who have worked hard and busted their Butts and through some misfortune (Housing bubble) lost their homes due to losing their job. As I mentioned there should be plenty of work in Pheonix now...after all 1 million illegals left so, those homeless people could be relocated rent/mortgage free until like three years or whenever they find their employment but no longer than three years. Why is that so hard to beleive??? I mean it's what they did to Katrina victims, moved them to my city at the time with no limit as of when to pay for their homes, guess what? They're still not paying and they are ok to waste our money on??? It's the same thing , everyone jumps to help disaster victims, but not help the working class when they get screwed disasterously by the banking system???? Hypocrasy is what that's called.

[edit on 10-6-2010 by ldyserenity]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Here's the thing:

Mortgage/income ratios were more almost three full standard deviations above the historic mean. Inflation-adjusted prices doubled for the average home, in an eight year stretch, when the normal inflation-adjusted increase is only marginally above 0%.

Prices never should have been anywhere near what they were, and they're not going back up in our lifetimes. Any notion that they will, after adjusting for inflation, completely disregards the historic perspective of what happened.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by theWCH

and if they do go back up to that level, while incomes remain stagnant....well....either the gov't will have to give money to people to buy them or another banking scheme will have to come about to put the people into debt that they will not be able to repay.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Angiras

I agree. The only reason to destroy the houses is to protect the bank's balance sheet, to protect those who bought in at the peak of the housing bubble (mostly speculators), and to raise the prices on the millions of foreclosed homes that have yet to be put on the market. I say let the houses stand, and let the market decline to the point where working people can afford to buy houses once again.

You make some very good points in this thread
and I applaud you. Don't forget that there is another factor that is currently depressing the housing market - lack of available credit. I've heard of many cases of buyers with scores in the 700's and 10 to 20% down payments that are unable to get a mortgage. Why the banks are being so tight-fisted, I can't tell you.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   

So you want to let people live in thier homes for 3 years without making payments?

Sounds great where do I sign up?

Yes my friend, sometimes that is the best solution. Give the down-and-out a chance to live like humans should live for a short period of their lives.

Look at it in the large scheme of things...our little speck of dust in the immense universe....we chose to shelter some of our less fortunate when they needed it.

And I will let you know where to sign up when I find out, although I think you are the survivor type who will always survive on your own resources and wiles...

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   

• On a given night, an estimated 672,000 people experience homelessness. This means 22 out of every 10,000 people are homeless in America.
• 42% of those 672,000 are unsheltered (meaning they live on the streets or in other forms of shelter not meant for human habitation), while 58% are living in shelters or transitional housing.
• 37% of the homeless are people in family units, while 63% are individual adults.
• The most common makeup of a homeless family is a mother with one or two children. This certainly goes against the image of homelessness most perceive; we’ve noticed that people typically picture the homeless as a single male standing on the street corner, not a single mom with kids in tow.
• Those meeting the federal definition for chronic homelessness make up just 18% of the entire homeless population.
• Sermon explains that the chronically homeless, as defined by the federal government, include individuals with physical or mental disabilities who have experienced homelessness multiple times or have remained homeless for a significant amount of time.
• 8 out of 10 homeless persons are in urban or mostly urban areas. We’ve talked about this in the past; click here to read more about urban homelessness.
• Overall, homelessness decreased 10% from 2005 to 2007. As already mentioned, this does not show the influence of the current economic slump, but the numbers below do. Read on!
• In July 2009, the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) released a mix of 2007 and 2008 homeless count numbers, the first official attempt to reveal the affects the recession has had on the homeless. These preliminary numbers show that the number of homeless had not changed between 2007 and 2008. However, Sermons points out that this stalemate (after a period of significant decreases in homelessness) demonstrates a significant step backward in efforts to end homelessness.

cflhomeless.wordpress.com...

Yes, lets let people starve and go homeless and bull doze houses so the banks and the elite filthy rich who own them can "make a profit".

We will bail out AIG, Chase, Fannie Mae - but not our mentally handicap, children and veterans.

We will pay actors millions / tens of millions of dollars to pretend but resent paying the person who flips your burger, gets your coffee, farm workers, cashiers, Personal Home Care aids - in short the people who really do the work a decent salary.

The asylum is being run by the inmates here on Planet Earth.

I know, I've talked to the homeless, children - families that had one medical issue, one job loss (not due to their fault), one death in the family.

We hurry past them, turn our backs and pretend they don't exist.

The government "statistics" are in total denial when it comes to homelessness. they haven't a clue.

I talk with these folks, and their numbers are increasing year by year by leaps and bounds.

Ya know what's real scary? Just a few years ago, many homeless people were mentally challenged, now - more each day that I talk to are normal people, who use to have a job, use to have a house or apartment and use to live a "normal" life. Many had one, just one major "issue" and lost everything. The rich bankers couldn't grab it fast enough.

More and more of these folks I talk to now are just like you and I, intellegent, hard working (if they could find work) and don't like having to sleep unprotected and exposed to the elements.

The rich are getting richer and the middle class is being systematically dismantled and the average cluck just doesn't see or care about the injustice of it all.

[edit on 11-6-2010 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   

It is almost as dumb as paying car dealerships to demolish perfectly good cars, in order to sell new ones.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by downtown436

It is almost as dumb as paying car dealerships to demolish perfectly good cars, in order to sell new ones.

Cash for Clunkers! Perfect analogy, downtown436!

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas

... I think you are the survivor type who will always survive on your own resources and wiles...

Well I am certainly NOT one to believe in some invisible all giving sky daddy to pay my bills.

[edit on 11-6-2010 by Freedom or Death]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Well I am certainly NOT one to believe in some invisible all giving sky daddy to pay my bills.

That's exaggerating the point. We're not talking about welfare bums, we're talking about people who are temporarily down on their luck. :shk:

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas

That's exaggerating the point. We're not talking about welfare bums, we're talking about people who are temporarily down on their luck. :shk:

What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

If you support a three year moritorium on mortgage payments then everyone should qualify for that program and not just those who are sitting at home watching TV, renegotiating thier mortgage, collecting unemployment and doing side jobs for cash.

And paying tax is pretty much a pointless excercise now. The government doesn't even balance the budget. They are spending way more than they could ever collect to pay on this stupid debt based ponzi scheme that they got going now.

People who work right now and pay taxes into a system that is redistributing it to Wall street and Washington are stupid.

And another thing.

They really don't care about the federal or state tax as much as they don't want to see thier illegal social security and medicare checks stop.

So let's all sit at home for the next three years and see what happens.

[edit on 12-6-2010 by Freedom or Death]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join