It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bulldoze 1 Million New Homes or else the US Economy falls off a cliff

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
While it sounds good in theory,

why don't we just shoot half of humanity instead?
That might actually help preserve a survivable planet & save our usually stupid species from extinction.

Why not cut to the chase, the heart of the problem.

But no, lets synthetically keep the same bifurcated, punitive economy going that has just created the largest oil catastrophe in peacetime history.

Our whole notion of 'progress' is based on inflicting, exploiting & otherwise raping whatever is not pinned down.
But not in any kind of organized way that might be survivable,
in a bacterial, virtually mindless way,
where there is no overseer,
no organizing theory.

Let's not let people know they AREN'T special.
That there isn't any 'DESIGNED' purpose for them to be here.

Because otherwise we might have to find or construct our own theoretic basis for our existence & motivations.

Then we would have to be a thinking species,

instead of just figuring out ways of
perpetuating ongoing SUICIDAL destruction & catastrophe.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
This is utter madness. There is NO justification in doing this.

The problem is not that there is over supply. The problem is that the houses are priced too high.

A house is a place to live and NOT a financial investment.

There are millions of homeless worldwide and people are considering destroying homes to artificially raise house prices. This will then enable people to borrow even more money against them. Madness.

The system is going to burn. Let it. Let it collapse and find its natural level. It will hurt yes, but not as much as completely destroying the currency.

In the end, the actual problem is that people are poorly educated and do not take responsibility for themselves. Sounds harsh but it is the truth. People do not know what money is. People do not know how it comes into existence. People are separated from the ability to support themselves and their family by money. The suppliers of money control the people, governments and countries.

My God... I sometimes think people deserve the hardships they endure.

"...but what can I do about it?" is usually the reply. "I can not do anything about it..."

Time for people to act. They will not act until they hunger and thirst.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

I couldn't have said it better myself. Do you know the funny part, the ones calling foul on giving our citizens what they need are standing up hailing "The illegals come her for a better life and jobs americans won't do"!!!! You know why, cause they are the rich elite who want to have someone work for beans for them, and get fatter and richer!!!!! They want the cheap labour and know Americans expect to recieve at least enough to survive off. They are exploiting us and the illegals. And guess who would probably be building those homes in Pheonix, you guessed it they'll have illegals, although they'll have to bus them in from Utah, Nevada, Colorado, Or NM.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pentothal

The problem is not that there is over supply.

The problem is that the houses are priced too high.

They've already lost 50 - 75% of thier value in Arizona.

Bulldozers or Green De-Construction are the only two sensible solutions to the problem to keep house values droping to zero and having vagrants and welfare recipients moving in next door to you.

Arizona is looking like ground zero for what is comming to the rest of the country.

- Zero tolerance for drunk drivers
- Open carry of firearms without a permit
- Zero illegal alien presense
- Bulldozing vacant homes

[edit on 12-6-2010 by Freedom or Death]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Freedom or Death

If you support a three year moritorium on mortgage payments then everyone should qualify for that program and not just those who are sitting at home watching TV, renegotiating thier mortgage, collecting unemployment and doing side jobs for cash.

There are no mortgage payments being collected on these empty homes at the present. So the concept of moratorium does not apply. Empty homes deteriorate and are victims of vandals; that is what we want to avoid.

What is proposed is a method of protecting an asset and at the same time extending a helping hand to the less fortunate.

You obviously have a big problem with helping the less fortunate. That says a lot about you. It seems I gave you way too much credit in my initial postings to you.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas

What is proposed is a method of protecting an asset and at the same time extending a helping hand to the less fortunate.

You obviously have a big problem with helping the less fortunate.

And what would you do with these vacant homes?

Move in the destitute, hand them the house keys and say merry christmas?

That kind of thing doesn't create jobs. It wouldn't do much for house values either if you ask me.

But Green De-Construction or bulldozing the site will provide jobs.

How many vacant homes are there in your neighborhood mishigas?

[edit on 13-6-2010 by Freedom or Death]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Hate to break it to you but it seems they're setting up to do just exactly what we here are saying they should do, however it isn't totally free, but it may as well be it's $100 down:

HUD HOMES $100 DOWN LISTINGS

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity

Hate to break it to you but it seems they're setting up to do just exactly what we here are saying they should do, however it isn't totally free, but it may as well be it's $100 down:

HUD HOMES $100 DOWN LISTINGS

I just did a search for phoenix area HUD homes on HUD's website. There can't be more than 500 in all of the phoenix metro-area.

RealtyTrac puts the current number of Phoenix metro area foreclosures and homes for sale at 116,000 and 93,000 of those are foreclosures.

Who's laughing now?

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freedom or Death

Originally posted by Pentothal

The problem is not that there is over supply.

The problem is that the houses are priced too high.

They've already lost 50 - 75% of thier value in Arizona.

Bulldozers or Green De-Construction are the only two sensible solutions to the problem to keep house values droping to zero and having vagrants and welfare recipients moving in next door to you.

Arizona is looking like ground zero for what is comming to the rest of the country.

- Zero tolerance for drunk drivers
- Concealed carry of firearms without a permit
- Zero illegal alien presense
- Bulldozing vacant homes

Hmmm duplicate posting occured when I edited open carry to concealed carry

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   

RealtyTrac puts the current number of Phoenix metro area foreclosures and homes for sale at 116,000 and 93,000 of those are foreclosures.

Where did you get those numbers? I don't believe them. Realty Trac reports foreclosures for all of AZ at 16,097 for May, and 88,807 YTD.

That's for all of AZ.

www.realtytrac.com...

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Where did you get those numbers? I don't believe them. Realty Trac reports foreclosures for all of AZ at 16,097 for May, and 88,807 YTD.

That's for all of AZ.

www.realtytrac.com...

Type in a city and click on view map.

Next pick any listing and click on map it.

Now zoom out.

Properties on map is on top left.

When you quote 88,800 that is YTD, not the accumulative total currently on the market to date and certainly not the total number of foreclosures that have come or gone or even the shadow market. The shadow market are people that want to sell but can't and are renting thier property out instead.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
All of you need to step back and think about this for a minute. Think about why people are proposing bulldozing these homes.

It's the same reason they sell florida oranges to california and california oranges to florida.

Bulldozing, and then rebuilding new homes creates jobs, moves money. Laborers, supplies, contractors and whoever else helps.

It may not make much sense to your average joe, but to the people who run the books it makes perfect sense.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   

In all your threads and posts that I've read I haven't had the feeling for one sec that you were awake a single day during economics class. I've liked some of the things you've said on other subjects but economics does not seem to be your forte.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I should also add before someone jumps down my throat.

I'm not saying bulldozing houses and rebuilding is the smart thing to do. I think it's horrible.

But that's how the rich think and they'll do it whether you guys complain or not.

They only care about the bottom line and they make more money bulldozing and rebuilding than they do just handing out the houses for nothing.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

Yes I totally agree. This will create more jobs than one bulldozer smashing them up. And as the next poster said this can be totally greened up.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freedom or Death

You obviously have a big problem with helping the less fortunate.

And what would you do with these vacant homes?

Move in the destitute, hand them the house keys and say merry christmas?

That kind of thing doesn't create jobs. It wouldn't do much for house values either if you ask me.

But Green De-Construction or bulldozing the site will provide jobs.

How many vacant homes are there in your neighborhood mishigas?

next line

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
This is as insane as paying farmers not to grow food on their land! Freaking homeless people everywhere, and we've got a billion plus without adequate food, yet we're paying not to grow crops, and now entertaining the idea of bulldozing perfectly good houses?

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   

500 is a lot more homes than you would have found before 2008, I should know before 2008 I was attempting to get a HUD home.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Just a idea... Maybe the Goverment could setup a housing lottery system for the homless?

[edit on 14-6-2010 by gordonwest]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by slank

Yes let's start with you and your family.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join