It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oil from leak on fire?? Possible?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
FYI, the oceans contain 321,000,000 cubic miles of water. There is not enough oil on earth to even fill the Gulf let alone the worlds oceans. Eventually that leak will reduce the pressure and the leak will slowly stop on its own. Not that that is desirable but all the same this fear mongering is out of control.

BP can afford to deal with this and the government just needs to monitor and make sure they pay their liabilities and clean up the mess.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
yes but people on the beach esp Louisiana are becoming sick from the smell alone, Oil evaporation.....this stuff makes you sick. How can you disregard what happened with the Valdez spill coast workers>Evidence already exists.

I'm sorry these workers will get sick

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
FYI, the oceans contain 321,000,000 cubic miles of water. There is not enough oil on earth to even fill the Gulf let alone the worlds oceans. Eventually that leak will reduce the pressure and the leak will slowly stop on its own. Not that that is desirable but all the same this fear mongering is out of control.

BP can afford to deal with this and the government just needs to monitor and make sure they pay their liabilities and clean up the mess.

Florida already reporting 10Billion loss tourism unemployment will BP pay for unemployment??? Restaurant workers and hotels, what about the rise in seafood prices will BP pay for that? Not to mention oil???

BP ruined shrimping also I would never buy fish from gulf ever again, and if it hits east coast same with that. Better not to buy fish unless you can trust it. These fish are swimming around in it much of the oil is underneath. We know this from dive videos. For example a fish swims around in oil is caught off Texas coast or Florida before it dies and you're now eating contaminated seafood. EPA cannot check guts of the fish really.

You are really underestimating this event imho

[edit on 9-6-2010 by jeffrybinladen]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jeffrybinladen

You will find nearly all of that is psychosomatic in nature. Some is also dishonest people seeing dollar signs ready to file law suit's.

Back in the mid 1990's I lived in a city that had a Budweiser Brewery. One of its trucks had a hose fitting break on the highway in front of a Trailer Park. One of the women living there called all the media and started claiming she was sick. Soon all of the residents of the Trailer Park claimed to be sick and they all went to the hospital. The next week they all filed a law suit. The Judge threw it out.

You see the truck contained grey water that was non-toxic. They spread it on farmers fields because it contained nutrients that are good for the soil. You could drink it all you want and it would not harm you. Obviously this woman's hysteria caused people to get sick, not the water. Then the first thing they did was find a dishonest attorney to sue. Same thing will happen here I'm sure.

Those who deal with the slicks themselves will be a different story. That is why you must have training to be employed.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   

If Obama does his job they will.

I'm not defending BP here. I don't think hysterics and end of the world nonsense is helpful either. Cool heads will deal best with this. Decisions made out of unfounded paranoia will always be bad ones though.

For every person that would think a nuclear weapon is an option, I'm betting you will find a hundred who do not.

That oil pool is finite in volume and pressure. All along the experts have been saying the relief wells are the only sensible answer.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Wait a second training for slicks? I watched an abc video where the shrimper could not even read or write how can he pass hazmat course? Also I believe this to be most of the case with boats used to skim.

Something is very fishy with BP hazmat training

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
it looks like flames to me, the motion and everything. crazy! its happening right now! you can see it

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Morpheas
Hi all,

Check out this live feed.. It looks like it is on fire:
www.bp.com...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1d9a1bad4c5e.png[/atsimg]

What is that? It looks like flames.. but isn't that impossible underwater?

Edit: Added screen capture.

[edit on 6/8/2010 by Morpheas]

I looked at the live feed and while the oil is blowing out the orange like color that is associated with flames for awhile didn't change on one section of the cap. I wan't to say that they where heating up the cap enough where it glows but I can't see them doing that in that temperature of water and that far down, especially since the it would be a massive steam bubble. It could be that they are pumping oxygen down into the cap to ignite some of the methane to warm the cap and make it possible for no methan ice to block the pipe to the ship.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
The reason I say BP training FISHY

I research this because my father wants me to go to gulf after college break for summer.

Mixed bag BP is hiring private contactors who require 40 hour hazwopper and some sites say BP will pay for this??? Is this only for locals?

comments on some of these pages people list hazmat qualifications even phone numbers and no one contacts them?

BP or contractor claim 4 hr refresher if you have 40 hr hazwopper?

what exactly do you need for qualifications?

Louisiana driver license probably main criteria correct? or Florida?

SEE i'm having a problem because no EXACT specifications exist really it's sort of all mish mixed together (all screwy)

who is doing the hiring this is very confusing for me also where are BP refresher how did skim boats and captains arrive on the gulf so quickly with 40hr qualifications, obviously they don't have them because many are sick now.

The more one looks at this it becomes very suspicious indeed? Where is OSHA are they certifying these so called boom workers and skim boats?

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
LOOK at skandi lower left feed now either a ribbon or reD flame

SKANDI RED FIRE NOW

This thing is on fire and I think BP is doing so on purpose to keep out hydrates!

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   

That looks like a red ribbon that is getting caught up in the oil flow and it's flapping it around, so it looks like a flame but it's not.

However, the other feeds posted earlier in the thread are definately some sort of flames or dispersant, I don't know which.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

This is not fear mongering.

It is people's rational reaction to a catastrophe on a massive scale. A scale that has never been seen before now.

Though I hope your wishful thinking has some truth to it, and this mess will just fix itself.

I won't hold my breath.

Your last sentence = more wishful thinking sadly.

[edit on 10-6-2010 by susp3kt]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   

I really think it is a illusion.. still interesting to watch though.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
This an ongoing criminal enterprise and you need not have a criminal justice degree for this.

BP is knowingly sending out workers hired as private contractors in a hazardous work environment without proper training! 40 hr hazmat course required plus score 70% on exam. So where did these captains of boats especially shrimpers acquire this training? They were on site immediately! so who pushed the pencil when many are academically challenged?? They are now becoming sick with petrol fumes BECAUSE not following Hazmat operating procedure. Who pays for sick people??? THE AMERICAN TAXPAYER NOT BP! Private contractor means responsibility for own health care!

BP is also strong arming or extorting workers into signing non-disclosure statements and bullying workers around so they will not talk to media EXTORTION. so many things involved with BP's hiring process that is more rotten than the fish and turtles BP is burying in the sand!

Where is OSHA I would love to see random boat captains tested for 70% on 40hr course failure rate would be incredible.

Conclusion BP is not just an eco-terrorist but also a serial murderer of human beings, Why isn't anyone investigating this nonsense? Conclusion government involved in conspiracy.

Therefore this leak will not be stopped by August at all NO= well casing probably done by then with no way to cement well shut.

Finally BP does not want qualified Hazmat responders working because they would be informed on and not be able to drag this out until August. Lots and Lots of people are going to be sick from oil soon and once the leak isn't plugged and residents cannot ever fish again. Suicides, shootings, killings and so forth all because of BP.

BP is now a major serial killer and it's fascinating no one has drawn the same conclusion as myself.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
To those that say there "can't" be fire underwater, I say, lookee here...

www.youtube.com...

Can someone please embed this for us...it is some OUTRAGEOUS viewing!

[edit on 10-6-2010 by odd1out]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   

SEE those fools at BP are burning hydrates in order to increase collection rate on surface ship because methanol wasn't working right!

conclusion either surface ship blown up or even bop! Imagine that BOP blowing out like a firecracker in beer can rush down into well and silent hill under the sea?

[edit on 10-6-2010 by jeffrybinladen]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Never thought I'd say this...but thanks Mr. Binladen!
Geez I tried ten times to embed the video...no luck. Even did searches on how it's dome...still NADA!

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by odd1out

all you do is take you tube video number look at HTML codes above comment press youtube and simply look at browser window after =

enter code in this case hmMlspNoZMs

Russian Scientists dig 14km deep and hear HELL
They stopped digging cause it got over 2000 degress Farenheit and they put a special microphone to hear the weird noises come out of there... What they hear scared their pants off!!

I wonder what BP's well sound like?

[edit on 10-6-2010 by jeffrybinladen]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
IT"S NOT FIRE!!!!! I was one of the originals who questioned what it was. If you watch the feed you'll see that it's the casing and the lighting making it look like flames. There's no fire, only at the surface where they're flaring the methane.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I have been informed that the "fire" that you and others are seeing, is indeed real fire. It is the benzaldehyde in the oil mixture reacting [oxydisation] with the methane. The vaste majority of the material coming out of the well is methane. The oil is a mixture of all sorts and types of hydrocarbon molecules including benzaldehyde. Benzaldehyde is able to react with the methane. Thus even though under the water never the less the fire is there. Yes it is fire. Occasional bursts of fire as the naturally occurring benzaldehyde molecule is giving up its oxygen atom to the methane. In the process the methane becomes carbon dioxide and water, and the benzaldehyde becomes benzene.

Benzene is C6H6.
Methane is CH3.
Water is H2O.
Benzaldehyde is C6H5CHO.

Benzene is highly poisonous and will float as a vapour [ether] across the surface of the water, together with the methane that makes its way to the surface. Once above about 5% of the atmosphere there will be the possibility of ignition. Explosion. I hear that people are suffering inhalation of these fumes and are seriously ill. Nausea. Dizziness. Vomiting. Headaches. Loss of consciousness. Eventually inhalation might bring about death, because the vapours block the ability of the lungs to transfer oxygen into the body and carbon dioxide out of the body. The whole respiratory system breaks down. I am told that there is no cure or therapy if people become affected. I advise that coastal population evacuate northwards. Do not wait for the government to tell you to evacuate, because they will leave it too late. Just evacuate now. Beat the crowd by getting out early. Go all the way to the Canadian border and beg for government assistance once you're there. My fear is that there is going to be the biggest methane and benzene explosion ever, and that it is going to kill millions, not just because of the blast, but also and more so because of the lack of oxygen afterwards.

Hydrocarbon chemistry is by far the most complicated chemistry in the universe, and in its most complex is of course not mineralogical, but is biological. At its most simple, life across the universe can be presented using the chemical equations below.

CO2 + H2O = CH2 + O3

O3 + CH2 = H2O + CO2

[edit on 10/6/2010 by CAELENIUM]

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join