It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oil from leak on fire?? Possible?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
LOOK AT Skandi - ROV 2 on www.sanaracreations.fi...

NOW!!! NOW!!! HURRY SO YOU DONT MISS IT!!!

PROOF THAT DISPERSANT IS BEING USED AT THE WELL HEAD/CAP!!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SEE!! The oil separation! Looks like Oil Dot's floating everywhere!!!

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Now the oil is sticking to the ROV's cam lens....

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Yes we have known for a while! dispersant

anyway back to the eels,

I imagine that if you study eel skin you could make an artificial hazmat suit that would be impervious towards petrol and even chemical weapons, not sure about biological weapons. I once had an eelskin wallet/after reading wiki apparently it is made from another fish? My wallet did say genuine eelskin and lasted forever! Problem was after a while from sweat? the wallet had a strange fish type smell, so probably my ass smelled like that so I threw it away.

However if eel skin can breathe it would be great as a hazmat suit! Otherwise it could be like a dry suit with limited wear time.

[edit on 9-6-2010 by jeffrybinladen]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
More proof that dispersant is being used at the well head.

Don't tell me that oil can naturally separate into balled globules when it's 5,000FT underwater.... When it collects and binds and you find tar balls on land, sure.

Underwater? No.

I really suggest you watch www.sanaracreations.fi... ATM in time... 3:36Pm Eastern US Time.... Getting worse by the second, the ROV cam lens is completely being covered....

[edit on 9-6-2010 by SneakAPeek]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
It looks like fire but I can't say if it's on fire or an illusion ... but....

You don't need free gaseous oxygen down there for a fire, just an oxidizer. Ever see an underwater flare? The chemicals in it contain both a fuel and an oxidizer so it will burn without free oxygen available. Same as the shuttles solid rocket booster.

So what can be down there acting as an oxidizer?

As someone who knows little about oil drilling...

Is there some natural substance released besides oil, natural gas, methane, etc ... that can act as an oxidizer?

... Upon looking at the MSDS for the dispersant Corexit 9500 it does not appear to be an oxidizer, however it is flammable/combustible.

It says :
"MATERIALS TO AVOID :
Contact with strong oxidizers (e.g. chlorine, peroxides, chromates, nitric acid, perchlorate, concentrated oxygen,
permanganate) may generate heat, fires, explosions and/or toxic vapors."

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
It's not on fire. The top hat is white and the oil has stained it yellow.

There is a lot of gas coming out the well and every now and then you will see the yellow stained top hat.

I saw it last night and several friends contacted in regards to it. I watched the top hat being put in place so I remember what it looked like.

I am sure someone took a screen shot as it was out in place.

There cannot be a fire without Oxygen unless its a Class D fire and that makes its own Oxygen to sustain combustion.

Hydrocarbons fires are all class B fires.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by One Moment

Originally posted by OuttaTime
reply to post by One Moment

I read yesterday that the pocket of oil they are tapped in to is about 50 billion barrels, one of the largest in the area. 50 million barrels a day would be almost instantaneously disastrous. That's over 21 billion gallons a day, so perhaps that is a mathematical typo

Is there an end to it.....ever?

If not.....so much for the 'we're running out of crude oil' scare years ago.

You know, if this doesn't call for some non-violent takeover to take DOWN these governments and their corporations then, I don't know what else we're waiting for!!!!

They've ruin us.
They've ruin our currency.
They've ruin our planet!
They're taking over space.
They've taken over everything!
Unreal
What else is left?

I want to close my eyes to all this but I can't. And yet, when my eyes are wide opened, I get pissed and sadden. There's no winning.

Eventually the wellhead will run out of pressure to eject this sludge, but I imagine the real question on that is 'What is the purge timeline?". It will have to run dry, but how long will that be? Nobody can tell for sure. They never ran short of oil, they just did what they've always been doing. Creating an unfair imbalance in the supply/demand scam. They create these scares through the manipulation of product scarcity, in order to maximize their capital.
A revolution is brewing in the far reaches of humanity, but it's now a massive compilation of many different catastrophes all rolled into one, so nobody can really tell who the enemy is. Rage and confusion are tragic when mixed together. What I'm seeing here is a two edge sword scheme playing out. The PTB convince the oil giant that sabotage would 'save the economy' and unite the people. And as soon as the company loses vast profits from stock selloffs and devaluation, the PTB swoop in and buy up controlling shares in that company, therefore becoming a privatized government entity.
It now puts the GovCorp in control of vast global oil reserves, to fuel their 'war on terror' while making the consumers foot the bill.
Sadly enough, so many people here in the US are completely blind to world events, and it was surmized perfectly in a Matrix quote

"You have to understand that most of these people will never be unplugged. And many of these people are so hopelessly dependant upon the system, that they will fight to protect it".

It's an endgame scenario, so all you can do at the very least is plan for it. Be aware, be ready, be supplied.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Morpheas

Oil spills in the North Sea tripled
Oil spill from Danfeltet in the North Sea now covers over 300 square kilometers, but the coasts are not in danger.

Both Norwegian and German observationsfly have Thursday morning and morning overflown area in the North Sea, which happened Tuesday night was obseveret a major spill of oil from one of the many oil rigs in Danfeltet.

The oil, however, spread over a considerably larger area since then, said Mon Thursday morning in the Environment Agency.

"We have been informed by the Norwegian authorities that one of its surveillance has detected a leak of more than 300 square kilometers in an area 200 km west of Esbjerg. It is so far from coastal areas to the North Sea, there is no danger whatsoever for that oil will reach the coastlines, "explains engineer Anna Cecilie Skovgaard Environmental Protection Agency.

Oil evaporates quickly

Meanwhile, the Environmental Protection Agency's assessment that the oil will evaporate relatively quickly along with the greater disclosure.

Oil spill is certainly happened in the Danish sector of Danfeltet, and also from the Danish side follow the developments closely.

"Maersk Oil has informed us that now is the promotion of the region with its preparedness and are ready to interpret such booms. We are waiting while the analysis of oil samples have been taken in the area, so we can get more knowledge from which oil comes, "adds Anne Cecilie Skovgaard from the Environment Agency.

Maersk itself has so far not seen anything unusual in its measurements, which show how much oil is discharged into the sea.

"Our data indicate no oil leaks, but we'd rather put environmental preparedness once again too much than too little a time," says Franz Willum Sørensen, vice president of Maersk Oil in a press release.

"We are currently reviewing the production from beginning to end to find a possible explanation. A thin film of oil does not mean that there is increased oil content in the treated water we emit, "says Franz Willum Sørensen.

Sunshine and wind in North Sea

Environmental Protection Agency says that the weather situation in the area is sunny and calm, which means that the oil evaporates relatively quickly, and the risk of oil spill reaches the Danish, German or Netherlands coast is assessed as mentioned therefore minimal.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by SneakAPeek
LOOK AT Skandi - ROV 2 on www.sanaracreations.fi...

NOW!!! NOW!!! HURRY SO YOU DONT MISS IT!!!

PROOF THAT DISPERSANT IS BEING USED AT THE WELL HEAD/CAP!!

SEE!! The oil separation! Looks like Oil Dot's floating everywhere!!!

When they lowered the Top Hat into place they had 4 - 6 blue plastic hoses connected to the top of the top hat I was thinking that that would be used for Methanol, But i think you may be right.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
From about half an hour ago, I uploaded it to my media account but couldn't figure out how to embed it so I YT'd it.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Primordial
It looks like fire but I can't say if it's on fire or an illusion ... but....

You don't need free gaseous oxygen down there for a fire, just an oxidizer. Ever see an underwater flare? The chemicals in it contain both a fuel and an oxidizer so it will burn without free oxygen available. Same as the shuttles solid rocket booster.

So what can be down there acting as an oxidizer?

As someone who knows little about oil drilling...

Is there some natural substance released besides oil, natural gas, methane, etc ... that can act as an oxidizer?

Benzene is also reported blowing from the well so that would be the culprit imho.

Benzene

If you look at the tophat it has a scorch mark on the bottom of the casing also what appears to be cracking/warping???

This is on fire imho

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by belgie-gent

Thanks for the info. It wouldn't seem to be the only other oil incident in recent history (May 25th):

japantoday.com...

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
It doesn't look like flames to me. The yellow pipe at the bottom continues at the top. It's just the oil that is escaping is almost completely blocking the yellow pipe for most of the time. The other times, it becomes momentarily visible and it looks like flames.

Lets calm down.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by broahes

I swear I have got to freeze frame and zoom in on that object in the middle. That mess just doesn't look right.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by broahes

That looks completely different to the new HD footage CNN is/was showing earlier. The wellheads are not even CLOSE to looking the same. I'm starting to think they are just broadcasting stock footage from many of their leaking pipes or wellheads.

CNN HD OilCam footage

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
They're moving the camera..

www.bp.com...

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by patmac

That's what I was thinking but in alot of the footage, the yellow is the same size and proportion of the plume and not a pipe in the center of the plume. The pipe is already supposed to be cut and made me wonder ahy a pipe would still be exposed above it (that changed shapes no less).

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Morpheas

Yes it's possible. Im not sure how long a fire would last, it seems like the water would suffocate it after a short time unless the pressure from the leak increased and gave the fire more fuel.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by OuttaTime
reply to post by patmac

That's what I was thinking but in alot of the footage, the yellow is the same size and proportion of the plume and not a pipe in the center of the plume. The pipe is already supposed to be cut and made me wonder ahy a pipe would still be exposed above it (that changed shapes no less).

I was watching it for a while, but I never saw it change shape. Imagine billowing smoke sitting in front of a reflective looking pipe. The smoke is thick and clumpy at times. You'd swear the pipe was flames. And also, just because it's cut, doesn't mean it's removed. You can cut a coax cable off of your wall, but the other side just sits there until you remove it entirely.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I find it interesting how if you press print screen on the keyboard and paste it in microsoft paint, it doesn't work. no pictures show.

I wonder how people take screenshots from these types of feeds. Probably they have to take pictures with their camera and offload it on the computer.

Looks terrible. Either they're using dispersant or something else is being kicked up from the bowels of the Earth.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join