It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Feminist Movement—Ruining The Image Of Men

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Edrick

Edrick, reading your posts gives me a massive headache, not because of the content but simply the formatting. I tried to get through the last reply and just gave up halfway, it's a serious slog, tougher than reading any scientific textbook.

I'm sorry, i have no right to force you to change your formatting but i just can't get through it to reply so until it changes i'm just going to have to ignore your posts. I hate it if this sounds rude but i'm not going to give myself a headache just to write a reply. I'm not alone in this either and hopefully with a few people pointing it out maybe you will take it to heart.

Blocks of text, separated by paragraphs, that's all i'm asking man.

Off topic but needed to be said.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by kalisdad

I'm going to call BS on that one...
case in point.

as I said earlier, my wife works fulltime.
I watched her daughter during the day, and worked parttime at night to cover my half of the bills...

I quit my night job when I came home the Thursday before Christmas, to her passed out having a siezure on the floor.

now, despite the fact that for the 1st year of our relationship, I not only covered my half of the bills, but also saved her 40% of her weekly income in childcare costs, everyone, our neighbors, her entire family, and all our friends see it as I am using her. I am the bad guy for not working while she works 9 hours a day. I still watch her daughter daily, and I can't find a day job becausse she can't afford to put her daughter into childcare.

but if it was the other way around, and I worked fulltime while she stay home with my child, it would be completely socially acceptable that I worked while she stayed at home.

there is no equality in this scenario, I know first hand that fact.

I WANT to work, but with the current situation, I am not able to... and because of that, I am looked down apon by EVERYONE.

Firstly yuo are applying your situation to every other person, maybe you just have a rather intolerant set of friends and family. Have you explained any of this to them? Secondly we are only getting your side of the story here, if it is exactly as you say then yep it's a shame they think that. Although if they do think that maybe you should be asking your wife to correct them, coming from her maybe it would carry more weight. Finally how do you know this, have they said it directly to you?

Having said all of that it really doesn't matter, you were working part time and so have disproven your whole point. You can always do the adult thing, not care what anyone thinks about the situation.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

Well, if you would prefer that I reply to your U2U's on the Board, then by all means:

Ok Edrick putting aside our differences

Agreed.

why do you edit your posts in the way you do?

I do this, because most posts that I respond to, are in fact SEVERAL different points all smashed together in one giant unending wall of text that makes several assertions, assumptions, statements, and hypothesis in the entire span of the paragraph.

Because of the nature of the communications medium that we are using, a simple reply to your whole block of text would not allow me to respond to each argument and assertion that is made.

This is the reason that I break apart peoples posts... it is to make absolutely SURE that they know EXACTLY which point of theirs that I am responding to.

This is an attempt to prevent communication mistakes, and ease the flow of information from one mind to another.

They're all the same and it gives people a headache trying to wade through it, i'm not alone on this one. The formatting is insane and stretched out.

I understand completely... I assure you, that they are not that much more pleasant to write.

But, it is a more efficient way of communicating without misunderstanding, miscommunication, etc...

I can only imagine you do this to prevent people replying.

On the contrary... I desire replies Greatly!

I apologize for any inconvenience that you may be suffering due to the nature of my preferred method of expressing my perspective.

I assure you, that it is not "Sexism" or a deliberate attack.

IT is only a structure of words that is designed to make you think.

Which is what communication is all about.

-Edrick

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Edrick
Get

Back

In

The

Kitchen

Why are we even trying to have a rational debate with a person with such an archaic and irrational mindset? IR1984, good luck. You're on your own.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Well, if you would prefer that I reply to your U2U's on the Board, then by all means:

Pretty sure that doing this is against the T&C unless we both agree to it and i most assuredly have not agreed. Your motivation for doing this escapes me other than an attempt to get an angry response.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984

Firstly yuo are applying your situation to every other person, maybe you just have a rather intolerant set of friends and family. Have you explained any of this to them? Secondly we are only getting your side of the story here, if it is exactly as you say then yep it's a shame they think that. Although if they do think that maybe you should be asking your wife to correct them, coming from her maybe it would carry more weight. Finally how do you know this, have they said it directly to you?

Having said all of that it really doesn't matter, you were working part time and so have disproven your whole point. You can always do the adult thing, not care what anyone thinks about the situation.

do you really think that the majority of the world would see it any differently??

yes, there would be people that understand the situation, but in my case I'm not talking about 1 or 2 members of her family, or friends... I'm talking everyone...

and yes, we've both tried to explain the situation to them all many times... it doesn't stop the snide remarks they make at my expence, or the insulting tone they use when they ask me if I am working yet.

I'm sure that any woman that has stayed home with children know that its a job. now consider the fact that its not even my child.

I seriously doubt that I am the only male in this situation, experiencing this kind of treatment.

in my case though, the people aren't ashamed to say whats on thier mind.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by kalisdad
do you really think that the majority of the world would see it any differently??

yes, there would be people that understand the situation, but in my case I'm not talking about 1 or 2 members of her family, or friends... I'm talking everyone...

and yes, we've both tried to explain the situation to them all many times... it doesn't stop the snide remarks they make at my expence, or the insulting tone they use when they ask me if I am working yet.

I'm sure that any woman that has stayed home with children know that its a job. now consider the fact that its not even my child.

I seriously doubt that I am the only male in this situation, experiencing this kind of treatment.

in my case though, the people aren't ashamed to say whats on thier mind.

If that is indeed your situation then you have my honest sympathy, it is wrong people would say such things. However maybe this is more common in the states than here in the UK (if you are in the states that is). My mother works part time to support my terminally ill father and no one mocks the situation. My nan worked to support my grandad when he became to ill for work, no one thought any less of him.

Still we are extrapolating our individual situations to the entire world and maybe that itself is the wrong thing to do.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Oh, for God's sake! So what? Is that some sort of threat? Do you think I care if you get angry? Get angry, turn red, go nuts. If you weren't so cryptic, perhaps people would understand you better.........

.....Then you should be able to show the data that proves that.

I already did... you didn't look at it...

Here it is AGAIN:

www.youtube.com...

And MORE:

Look. Let me just say that your posts are VERY difficult to weed through and understand. Don't blame the other members for your communication issues. You're the one getting ANGRY! Using lots of CAPS, large type, and generally getting ***EMOTIONAL!!*** Not to mention condescending and sarcastic. I'm not sure why any of us are talking with you to tell you the truth...

Yes... I DO Apologize for any venom that may be inherent in my posts... I assure you that it is merely frustration at speaking simple concepts, and the failure of communications in that regard.

I am not talking about quantum theory, or Rocket science... I am talking about the definitions of Words, and Common Sense.

I find it hard to believe that someone can misunderstand common sense.

Not to mention contradicting themselves.

BS. The government isn't all about the military and defense.

I assure you, it is.

Voting isn't just about the military. Your whole argument is military-centric.

Voting is a right of ALL US adult citizens

WHAT IS A RIGHT?

Define it, Explain it.

So that we know what each-other are talking about.

whether they serve on the military or not. Like it or not, that's the way it is and should be.

Voting IS about the military.

Government *IS* about military.

Darlin'?

Meh...

You were asked several pages back about the equation 3+2=7-2. But for some reason, you never responded.

I did, it's on page 12...

Join us in the present.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Why are you so completely hung up on the word?

Because that word will be applied *LEGALLY*, not "Metaphorically" or "Euphemistically"

That is what you are failing to grasp.

The studies that proclaim a gender gap are comparing men and women who have the same experience, same job, skills, etc.

Yes, Yes... old studies that did not take choice into account.

Look at the video I posted above (if you have not already)

-Edrick

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   

I hear ya...

in all honesty, our conversation has steered me away from my whole point of joining this thread...

regardless of my situation, and wether there is or isn't equality between the sexes, I am still a firm believer that the past 50 years of the womens rights movement has had less to do with actually achieving equality as it is to do with a agenda by the banksters to get more money from the people...

the fact is,
in 1973, with 1 income, the average household income was $38,700, and after bills, that household was left with approx $17,800.
in todays 2 income society, the average income is $67,800 and after bills and taxes, it leaves just over $17,000.

www.mybudget360.com...

with that in mind, I still say it was about taxing us and raping us of the hard earned money we've worked for, not about equality between the sexes.

more statistics on that here...
www.mybudget360.com... ss-americans-are-losing-ground-by-supporting-the-financial-sector/

[edit on 15-6-2010 by kalisdad]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Get

Back

In

The

Kitchen

Why are we even trying to have a rational debate with a person with such an archaic and irrational mindset? IR1984, good luck. You're on your own.

ImaginaryReality1984:
Men are better suited to fighting, women can stay home and man the factories. This isn't sexist it's just the most effective way of using the people, utilizing their skills.

Edrick:
Get

Back

In

The

Kitchen

Because that is the most effective role for most all women.

This is known as CONTEXT.

IT is the CORRECT way to quote.

-Edrick

[edit on 15-6-2010 by Edrick]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
This article explains how feminism was created to destabilize society:

educate-yourself.org...

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I'm severely disappointed this thread is still going.

Don't flame me,

ok?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by HarmonicNights

educate-yourself.org...

thank you...

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
My view on all this is roll on getting rid of the female gender, and get humans to be 1 single gender.

I have no problem females wanting to be equal, that means one day we will have one single gender, and they will be gone, as most of there role will be replaced.

So let them have there time in the sun, one day it will be over for the female gender i reckon.

Personally i could not care less.

You know andy1033 every time there is a thread that i'v read that had to do with females. Your always on and alluding to your bad treatment by them. Now I know females are bad and not to be trusted and all that, but there not all as bad as you make them out to be. So can you tell me why exactly you strongly don't like them, since I sense your not gay or whatever, or if you are you suck at being so. Or can you point me in the direction of were you explain this, so I wouldn't have to wonder every time another of these threads come up. And there is a strong possibility that one day this 2some of the flesh will end, or it might not. In either case it won't be anytime soon. So what is your beef with female types.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Edrick

The problem is men like you are so busy that you are trying to prove that men are better that you can't even see straight.

I tried to join the military, but I was told I wasn't fit enough despite being able to bench my own weight.

I tried to join the police force, but I was turned down for whatever reason. Despite acing and surpassing all the tests.

I tried to join the park service, but despite modern technology, they required you to lift a hundred pounds over your head. Clearly designed to keep smaller stature people out. Despite the fact that I had the experience and knowledge to that job just as well as anyone there. IT was offered to me, but I had to turn it down based on archaic design. A cheap tool would of allowed me to do it.

I used to play paintball, I have a lethal shot. While some men asked me to be on their team, others challenged me over and over and over to prove they were a better mark then me. They couldn't handle it.

I used to go shooting with guys. Again, challenged again and again because a girl just can't be a better shot then a man.

It is all about ego. Your ego is hurt because men forced you to serve in a war. Their ego prevented women from from combat because men don't want to be shown up by women.

that is what it all really boils down too. Ego.

Your anger is directed at a sex who is held back by ego, because your pissed you were forced to do something you didn't want to do. So you make yourself feel better by saying that sex is weaker and not capable.

You say that women only have rights because men defend them. That it is military blah blah blah.

The military isn't the only defense group. Teh police, state troopers, and fire fighters are defense groups. And I know plenty of tiny female officers who can pin a huge, disorderly male biker in seconds. Their male counterparts are gladly backed by them. They don't feel the need to protect them. It is not about brute strength.

You think women can't defend theh homefront? Plenty of women throughout history have defended the homefront while men are fighting off wars that men started for stupid reasons.

Margaret Brent

Almost immediately, showing great determination and fearlessness, she assembled armed volunteers to assist Governor Calvert's forces in suppressing the Claiborne Rebellion upon his return from Virginia in August, 1646.[2] He appointed her his executrix while on his death bed on June 9, 1647,[2] with Letters of Administration granted on June 19, 1647.

wiki link

Rosalind Elsie Franklin

The story of DNA is a tale of competition and intrigue, told one way in James Watson's book The Double Helix, and quite another in Anne Sayre's study, Rosalind Franklin and DNA. James Watson, Francis Crick, and Maurice Wilkins received a Nobel Prize for the double-helix model of DNA in 1962, four years after Franklin's death at age 37 from ovarian cancer.

It was in Randall's lab that she crossed paths with Maurice Wilkins. She and Wilkins led separate research groups and had separate projects, although both were concerned with DNA. When Randall gave Franklin responsibility for her DNA project, no one had worked on it for months. Wilkins was away at the time, and when he returned he misunderstood her role, behaving as though she were a technical assistant.

But Franklin persisted on the DNA project. J. D. Bernal called her X-ray photographs of DNA, "the most beautiful X-ray photographs of any substance ever taken." Between 1951 and 1953 Rosalind Franklin came very close to solving the DNA structure. She was beaten to publication by Crick and Watson in part because of the friction between Wilkins and herself. At one point, Wilkins showed Watson one of Franklin's crystallographic portraits of DNA.

link

St. Kimberly Munley

One of the back stories now emerging from the Fort Hood shootings is the story of Sgt. Kimberly Munley, the 34-year-old civilian Defense Department police officer at the base credited with ending the firing rampage of Army Major Nidal Hasan. She was the first armed individual to respond to the scene. As Munley ran toward the shooting, she came around a corner and found herself face-to-face with Hasan. The two exchanged fire. Both were struck, Munley in the legs and wrist and Hasan in the chest, and within minutes after it began, the shooting spree was over. (She's in stable condition; he remains in a coma.)

ft. hood

Nancy Ward

Nanye'hi saw her husband die in a battle with Creek Indians. She took up her husband's bow and arrow and led her Cherokee tribe to victory. Nancy Ward, as Americans called her, was named "Beloved Woman" by the tribe, and made the head of the Women's Council and a member of the Council of Chiefs.

women in the revolution

Deborah Sampson

Robert Shirtliffe enlisted in the 4th Massachusetts Regiment in 1778. Except, his name wasn't Robert and he wasn't a man.

women in the revolution

Funny how when it stops being HIStory, the women are involved. Imagine what could of been if women were not repressed. And Ego wasn't involved.

But keep telling yourself that women are the weaker sex and shouldn't be given equality if you makes you feel better. Because your ego demands it.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by HarmonicNights

educate-yourself.org...

Other articles by Henry Makow, Ph.D (note name of website: save the males)

www.savethemales.ca...

The Effect of Sexual Deprivation on Women (Encore) (January 1, 2010)
UK Welfare State = Family Breakdown, Emasculated Men (June 3, 2010)
Gun to Our Head? Sexual Liberation & Satanism (January 14, 2010) - Homosexuality

. . . and many many more.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Henry Makow seems a bit off. A lot of the pick up artist community use this source. He comes off as a bit chauvinist.

Nevertheless, some of what he says may be true. Especially about feminism being used by the CIA to destroy family values in the US.

[edit on 15-6-2010 by The Quiet Storm]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

you are proof that women are fully as capable as men...

and I believe that women have been as capable as men for many, many years...

the links you provide also show that women have been in positions of power for hundreds of years.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

The problem is men like you are so busy that you are trying to prove that men are better that you can't even see straight.

I tried to join the military, but I was told I wasn't fit enough despite being able to bench my own weight.

Exactly.... the people who defend us from death should accept ANYBODY!

As opposed to the best suited for the job.

I tried to join the park service, but despite modern technology, they required you to lift a hundred pounds over your head. Clearly designed to keep smaller stature people out.

Are you insane?

The park service is about clearing roads and access-ways, enforcing park ordinances, and Animal Control.

What makes you think that they SHOULD allow weak people to do these jobs?

A cheap tool would of allowed me to do it.

That is a heck of a way to label the man who has to lift all of the stuff that you cannot.

As a cheap tool...

I used to play paintball, I have a lethal shot. While some men asked me to be on their team, others challenged me over and over and over to prove they were a better mark then me. They couldn't handle it.

Do that in a life or death situation, and THEN I'll be impressed.

It is all about ego.

No, it is about a failure to Perceive Reality.

Your anger is directed at a sex who is held back by ego

Held back from where, by WHOSE Ego?

because your pissed you were forced to do something you didn't want to do.

No, I'm pissed off that the Feminist Movement is designed to ERODE LOGIC, and remove it from Human Society.

And you seem to be Helping that Goal.

So you make yourself feel better by saying that sex is weaker and not capable.

So you make yourself feel better by saying that one sex is just as strong as another, and as capable.

You say that women only have rights because men defend them. That it is military blah blah blah.

So, you would expect rights to be given to you by those who conquer you?

The military isn't the only defense group. Teh police, state troopers, and fire fighters are defense groups.

Most all of them, Men... thank you, and YOU ARE WELCOME.

And I know plenty of tiny female officers who can pin a huge, disorderly male biker in seconds.

That's nice.... now, does your personal sample indicate that ALL women are like those that you envision?

You think women can't defend theh homefront?

Did I say that they Couldn't?

No.. never...

All I said is that

*THEY WON'T*

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/be7110593c31.jpg[/atsimg]

Plenty of women throughout history have defended the homefront while men are fighting off wars that men started for stupid reasons.

And I suppose they won that war all by themselves, did they?

And even IN the war... they were not on the font lines.

Margaret Brent
Almost immediately, showing great determination and fearlessness, she assembled armed volunteers to assist Governor Calvert's forces in suppressing the Claiborne Rebellion upon his return from Virginia in August, 1646.[2] He appointed her his executrix while on his death bed on June 9, 1647,[2] with Letters of Administration granted on June 19, 1647.

Sample size of Six.... and you think that this means anything?

www.warandgender.com...

Funny how when it stops being HIStory, the women are involved. Imagine what could of been if women were not repressed. And Ego wasn't involved.

But keep telling yourself that women are the weaker sex and shouldn't be given equality if you makes you feel better. Because your ego demands it.

I wonder what would happen if your nation was Conquered.

-Edrick

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Quiet Storm

Nevertheless, some of what he says may be true. Especially about feminism being used by the CIA to destroy family values in the US.

Just curious.

Is this something you want to believe?

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join