It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Feminist Movement—Ruining The Image Of Men

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Using capitals where they don't belong is also degrading to the English language. There are 26 definitons of "right". Look it up before lecturing people.

Rights are normative principles, variously construed as legal, social, or moral freedoms or entitlements. While the concept of rights is often fundamental to civilized societies, there is considerable disagreement about what is meant precisely by the term rights. It has been used by different groups and thinkers for different purposes, with different and sometimes opposing definitions, and the precise definition of the concept, beyond having something to do with normative rules of some sort or another, is controversial. Nevertheless, the concept of rights is of vital importance in such disciplines as law and ethics, especially theories of justice and deontology.

en.wikipedia.org...

The only application that is there is the one you have put there. I doubt that is what the thread creator is implying. Quite a jump to link de-emasculation to pedophiles and rapists.

"All women are Rapists, and Pedophiles."

Do you not find that Insulting to your Gender?

Degrading it?

If I have to define it for you, we shouldn't be having this conversation.

No, I want you to explain what *YOU* mean when you use the word ALPHA in a sentence.

Hard to compete properly when you don't have running shoes and you have to wear a skirt. Or when you are not allowed to compete at all. Figured that would be common sense.

Yeah... Skirts... Oppression... All that.

That doesn't even make sense.

It's "LeetSpeak" for something else...

Don't worry about it

I said 20 years. I don't know where you got forever from.

YOU KNOW WHAT WILL BE 20 YEARS FROM NOW!!!!

YOU ARE A WITCH PRACTICING DARK MAGIC!

Or are you just Extrapolating with some DATA that you don't understand?

I think you need to look up the definition of thermodynamics. And I think your drinking more then kool-aid. For someone who claims that men are physically superior to women, you don't know very much about athletics.

You really think that because women are getting faster NOW, and men are at MAX SPEED, that women will eventually just get faster, and faster, and faster, and faster,......

Not to mention that women, on average, are getting smaller, and fatter....

So, how do you Posses this "Knowledge" of the future?

I can play that game too!

*ROGAINE*

Gee, that was fun!

Yup... further point out that the Sexes EACH play eachother's instincts...

Destroy your own position!

YAY!!! that is GREAT BIG FUN!!!

Did anyone say all women are good? I don't think in five pages of responses anyone said that. I would use up all the server space to list all the atrocities men have committed.

*THAT* was sarcastic exaggeration on my point as an attempt to refute your position by highlighting the ABSURDITY of it.

Exactly what did you put in that kool-aid?

I'm talking about believing that a currently increasing trend MUST continue to increase... which is a violation of the *FACT* that there is only SO MUCH of the Planet.

No one said they didn't.

Then why are you trying to use Women's *Possible* empathy toward soldiers that they may be forced to kill, as a PROOF of their superiority?

Since sadly that seems to be your last defense.

"Against Stupidity, The Gods Themselves Contend In Vain"

I am defending The TRUTH against your sugar coated emotional viewpoint of reality that currently has a DEATHGRIP over the political, social, and mental landscape of the western world.

"Thou Shalt Not Question Women."

I am using Sarcasm to attempt to make you SEE THE ABSURDITY Of your own claims.

This is like watching a parakeet continually peck at its own reflection.

*YOU HAVE NO IDEA*

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Fifth Post.

-Edrick

[edit on 15-6-2010 by Edrick]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Im not actively participating on this thread. it's too futile. I mean wtf who has time to dispel every single myth surrounding this issue and to attempt to convince everyone? That's impossible.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by The Quiet Storm

Im not actively participating on this thread. it's too futile. I mean wtf who has time to dispel every single myth surrounding this issue and to attempt to convince everyone? That's impossible.

(Second line is Dramatic)

-Edrick

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Quiet Storm

Hey - I was only there. When little girls were trying to play in Little League. When a really good female Trumpeteer was denied a place in the high school band because trumpets were for boys. When female atheletes had to be Lesbians - - because no "real" woman would take the chance on injuring her reproductive system (seriously).

When I divorced my husband in 1972 - - - I was denied a credit rating because I was the spouse who didn't work - - because I stayed home and took care of the children.

In high school volley ball - - we were forced to double set EVERY shot - - because girls don't spike. Our grades weren't on athletic ability in gym - - but on how clean our uniforms were.

My first boss worked 4 days a week 10 hour days. The LAW was that females can only work 8 hours a day. She had no say in it - - and had to go back to 5 days a week at 8 hours a week.

I lived this - - and its ridiculous.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Hey - I was only there. When little girls were trying to play in Little League. When a really good female Trumpeteer was denied a place in the high school band because trumpets were for boys. When female atheletes had to be Lesbians - - because no "real" woman would take the chance on injuring her reproductive system (seriously).

When I divorced my husband in 1972 - - - I was denied a credit rating because I was the spouse who didn't work - - because I stayed home and took care of the children.

In high school volley ball - - we were forced to double set EVERY shot - - because girls don't spike. Our grades weren't on athletic ability in gym - - but on how clean our uniforms were.

My first boss worked 4 days a week 10 hour days. The LAW was that females can only work 8 hours a day. She had no say in it - - and had to go back to 5 days a week at 8 hours a week.

I lived this - - and its ridiculous.

yea it is ridiculous.

though.. I've heard this being said before, but... while the feminist movement helped women do more things that men did... are women nowadays encouraged to be the woman she should be rather than to be more like men or equal to men?

are you proud of the way women or 'the feminine' is portrayed on the media these days? Why do you think it is portrayed this way?

Dont get me wrong I'm not trying to say the wrong thing..

Im not proud of the way men and 'masculinity' are portrayed either.

alright im done.

[edit on 15-6-2010 by The Quiet Storm]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Did anyone see the author that was on the Colbert Report tonight? She wrote an article in a magazine saying that men are in a downfall. Highlighting for one that 2 men are graduating college for every 3 women. She said in Australia they have affirmative action for guys in college and maybe we need that over in America.

Kinda bugs me since she failed to mention of course how the education system has been transformed to work for women. Men's nature and school have never been so incongruent and its a wonder why things aren't going well. But instead of changing anything to make things more natural for guys, instead we stick with the feminized approach and just give affirmative action when they can't go against nature and conform to a system that wasn't designed with them in mind.

When I graduated high school, I looked around and was thinking just what a bunch of losers the guys in particular had become, lacking in leadership and courage. The things I knew we needed in this country, conformity not being one of them. That's what the system does. Prepares us to be obedient workers. That's one thing the author said that women are better at, sitting still and listening and following commands. Since when was that always a good thing?! Holy hell, what screwed up notions there are.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   

yea it is ridiculous.

though.. I've heard this being said before, but... while the feminist movement helped women do more things that men did... are women nowadays encouraged to be the woman she should be rather than to be more like men or equal to men?

are you proud of the way women or 'the feminine' is portrayed on the media these days? Why do you think it is portrayed this way?

Dont get me wrong I'm not trying to say the wrong thing..

Im not proud of the way men and 'masculinity' are portrayed either.

1. feminist movement helped women do more things that men did.
2. are women . . encouraged to be the woman . . rather then be more like men or equal to men?

Seriously?

What media are you talking about? As far as I can tell - - genders of all sorts - - are portrayed in a multitude of ways. Are you choosing to focus on a specific?

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ghaleon12

Kinda bugs me since she failed to mention of course how the education system has been transformed to work for women. Men's nature and school have never been so incongruent and its a wonder why things aren't going well. But instead of changing anything to make things more natural for guys, instead we stick with the feminized approach and just give affirmative action when they can't go against nature and conform to a system that wasn't designed with them in mind.

Please - - can you give me details on how the education system has been transformed to work for women?

And how they should change it to make it natural for guys?

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Please - - can you give me details on how the education system has been transformed to work for women?

And how they should change it to make it natural for guys?

Attention Deficit Disorder = he won't pay attention.

Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder = he won't pay attention and wants to play.

Do you see that?

-Edrick

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   
What gets me the most is how they have managed to make men hate themselves.

I see it more and more.

Girls will post something negative about guys and then five guys will AGREE with her and basically bash all other guys!

An example from facebook:

Rachel - "Why are guy's SUCH JERKS."

Guy 1 - "I agree guys just don't know how to respect women these days."
Guy 2 - "Rachel I would never hurt you."

And it just went on. The amount of self-hatred guys have for themselves is nauseating.

What happened to having BALLS. What happened to STANDING UP for yourself. What happened to telling the girl that hey, maybe if every guy you meet treats you like crap it's something YOU'RE DOING wrong and not something wrong with the MALE SPECIES.

As a 23 year old I can see the emasculation of men clearly.

Through my experiences I would have to conclude that the vast majority of women simply do not have integrity anymore. They will lie, cheat, and steal in order to get what they want and then rationalize it until their conscious is clear.

I was having lunch with a female friend and she nonchalanty mentioned that she wasn't really sure if she really liked her boyfriend. But she said she could put up with him until she found someone better because he bought her things.

And what's said is that this is not a uncommon mindset among young women today. They see men as an means to an end. They use men for status, money, and power. They think nothing of upgrading their men, and most of all they DO NOT TAKE INTO CONSIDERATION the pain they cause these guys as they USE them.

That's the problem as I see it. The modern woman has lost touch with the wonderful compassionate feminine spirit and is instead selfish and without integrity.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by The Quiet Storm

and....
just how "should women be"???

I've gotta feeling, I wasn't even born like you think "women should be", and wouldn't have been like that regardless of feminism!!!

so, well, how should women be.....
just wondering.

and how many of the me out there are like "men should be"
according to one, they should all be physically fit and able to lift the own weight, run an obstacle course in record time, able to scale high walls, and climb mountains....
but, how many men are???
according to the pentagon, I don't think it's all that high of a percentange......since they are whining that they are having trouble finding people fit enough for service!

-----------
"They will lie, cheat, and steal in order to get what they want and then rationalize it until their conscious is clear."
------------

so won't men!!! seems to part of the human makeup or something!

and they are drugging the little girls too....hey, gov't and pharm industries in bed togther, what do you expect.....schools push the drugs, pharms rake in the profits, gov't takes the bribes...hey they are all happy....
and the actual problem....that kids do seem to be a little more off the wall, well, that is put to rest without too many questions, since well, if people actually started to seriously ask this question, and looking at what they ate, what was in their house, ect, well.....
they would probably find just how badly they are being poisoned!! and well....they something would have to be done about it, that would cost alot of money, and tank our economy in a more unmagageable way than the nice orchestrated housing collaspe did!

[edit on 16-6-2010 by dawnstar]

[edit on 16-6-2010 by dawnstar]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Dalamara

Welcome to the year 2010 where it is criminal for men to be men and women to be women! Men and women used to complement each other so well when nature was left to run its course.

Thanks to Feminism all the negatives of both sexes have been exemplified and the positives forgotten in a perpetual Gender War!

[edit on 16/6/2010 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

ya, kind of like how the african americans and white slave masters complemented each other so well, before lincoln came on the scene and broke the chains....now, oh, my god!! those african americans can tell the white folks where to go and become managers, doctors, and hey if they work real hard, and have a little luck, might even make it to the white house!!!

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   
I think these days, for most parts of the world, equality has been almost reached. You can never reach full equality for both sexes in community, it is impossible. But they both have their advantages.

There are alot of "feminists" these days whose only way of fighting their insecurities or something to do with being dumped, is to go around telling every man how much harder their life is and how much better they are. That is no longer feminism. It has nothing to do with it.

They're like bullies: you just ignore them. They cant really damage your image, the only women who take it seriously are the women with insecurities themselves. And when someone here was talking about how in facebook men went with the girl and started talking how bad men are, thats typical. Everybody wants to be on the good side of a woman who they find attractive
Well i wouldn't, but you know what im trying to say. Has nothing to do with a low self-esteem.

Peace

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984

Originally posted by Dammo
Women generally still earn less per dollar than men do and to me that should be an issue at the very core of feminism. A lot women these days claim to not be feminists, I guess its fallen out of favour.

Women should get equal pay for equal work, no question or argument from me on this issue.

It should be noted in most areas women get paid the same but it should also be noted that women take more time off work then men do. In the past this was put down to women having more responsibility for children at home, however studies have found that women without children take more time off work than men without children.

No I think you'll find that women earn less than men regardless of child rearing activities. Look it up.

Originally posted by Dammo
On fathers, my point was that many fathers are so heavy on acting male and doing male things like fishing, car stuff, sport etc with their sons but display an almost adversarial relationship with women in general. This fearmongering about feminists doesnt help.

In my everyday life, I cant say Im being stood over by marauding feminists in jackboots. Its all a bit of a beat up, I think.

Hang on a moment. Fishing, car stuff and sport are defined as male? You understand that's seriously sexist don't you. Either way it doesn't matter, what is wrong with a father going fishing with his son, he's spending time with him, he's teaching him something, he's talking to him and showing affection. The same goes with cars, if a father teaches his son about cars then he learns an important life skill. Sport needs to be encouraged more to stop the increase of kids getting obese as well.

What do fathers have to teach their daughters?

When i look around i see lots of caring fathers who are nothing like you are making out. You really are talking about the minority and suggesting it's the majority.

Theres more to being a man than activities. Its a mentality.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   
I really messed that post up. Ive mixed it with the OP's. Sorry, see if you can spot it.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   
The problem with this issue is that many peoples opinions tend to lay within the gender constructs that we already have known.

Perhaps now, we have to realise that not all women feel the need to play homemaker and men do not all necessarily need to feel like hunter/gatherers. There should be room to move.

The very fact that feminism is confined to issues of beauty and home- making is simply going over old ground.

How about taking every individual and finding out where their niche is instead of deciding it for them.

Depending on your beliefs, I think the world is being over-populated thanks to these rigid gender stereotypes of wives and husbands that nature is decidin tha tnot all men are masculine heterosexual breeders and not all women are suzie homemakers with nothing to worry about except their nails and how to bake.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by vunkster

I think its more to do with feeling inadequate.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by vunkster

I think its more to do with feeling inadequate.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dalamara
And it just went on. The amount of self-hatred guys have for themselves is nauseating.

Earlier in this thread I said:

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I hate women like that. I have no problem saying it. I spent 15 years getting my husband to trust me because of women in his past who were just as you describe. Women like that give women like me a bad name, just because we share a gender.

Does this mean I have "self-hatred" because I have the ability to see that SOME women are total jerks? No. I love myself and there are certainly other women that I love. The truth is... some PEOPLE are users, jerks, selfish, deceitful, uncaring losers. And my ability to state this does NOT mean that I hate people, women OR men. Least of all myself.

Have you ever gotten out of a particularly bad relationship and stated "Women are bitches, man"! Sounds like that's what happened in this conversation you posted. Women CAN be bitches and men CAN be jerks. What's the problem with recognizing that? I know I've been used by men and stated that men are pigs. I was HURT. I was generalizing. This happens and it's human.

You're implying that men are exempt from this. Men rape, men speak words of love to get into a girl's pants, men leave pregnant women and their children. Men cheat on pregnant wives. Why can't you admit that men can be jerks? Why does this truth offend you so, to the point that you have to deny it completely? Because it's true. And any man worth a second look will readily see that.
And will have the balls to admit it.

I have the balls to admit that women can be evil. I've seen it. That doesn't mean that ALL women are evil or that I hate myself. It's not black and white.
Check out the gray area.

Through my experiences I would have to conclude that the vast majority of women simply do not have integrity anymore. They will lie, cheat, and steal in order to get what they want and then rationalize it until their conscious is clear.

I see you "have the balls" to proclaim that WOMEN are jerks. I don't think "having balls" means what you think it means.

And what's said is that this is not a uncommon mindset among young women today. They see men as an means to an end. They use men for status, money, and power. They think nothing of upgrading their men, and most of all they DO NOT TAKE INTO CONSIDERATION the pain they cause these guys as they USE them.

Everything can be said about men, too. Men see women as a means to an end. They USE women for sex, status, to get accolades from their friends and to make their meals and keep them from being lonely. They think nothing of cheating on their women and they DO NOT TAKE INTO CONSIDERATION the pain they cause the women as they use them.

I know you're only 23 but you better start seeing the reality of things. Men are jerks, too.

new topics

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join