It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Feminist Movement—Ruining The Image Of Men

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

(Second line is consistent)

-Edrick

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Edrick

What absurd statements. There are plenty of men that can't lift heavy things. The same reason that all men can't be professional football players. Yet you create hypocricy, because the same men who can't lift heavy things, since that seems to be a requirement for you, are the same ones who sent YOU into the draft. So by your own standards, you are weak, and therefore deserved to be oppressed.
Because they bow down to their ego, and therefore feel they have to prove themselvs to others that they are alpha, when it is the weak male who oppresses all. If indeed, brute physical strength is the only thing you go by.

The football player who has a short but illustrious career, who spends the rest of their lives with head injuries and pain, because they had to go out on the field and prove themselves, are mere puppets. Forced their by their own egos.

[edit on 15-6-2010 by nixie_nox]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

What absurd statements. There are plenty of men that can't lift heavy things.

Would they be demanding jobs that they are not qualified for?

Would they be blaming it on Gender Discrimination?

Yet you create hypocricy, because the same men who can't lift heavy things, since that seems to be a requirement for you, are the same ones who sent YOU into the draft. So by your own standards, you are weak, and therefore deserved to be oppressed.

And what choice do We CURRENTLY have in the world little one?

We are *CURRENTLY* Being Oppressed.

All of us.

*I* on the other hand, do not MIND being left out of the "Vote" as I never do anyways.

I can find other ways to change the world, thank you very much.

Because they bow down to their ego, and therefore feel they have to prove themselvs to others that they are alpha, when it is the weak male who oppresses all. If indeed, brute physical strength is the only thing you go by.

Because they bow down to their ego, and therefore feel they have to demand all the privileges of men, but none of the responsibilities.

OH, and just to be clear... we are having this discussion on a decentralized computer network that was conceived, designed, built and maintained by the "Just Sheer Brute Strength" of men.

The football player who has a short but illustrious career, who spends the rest of their lives with head injuries and pain, because they had to go out on the field and prove themselves, are mere puppets. Forced their by their own egos.

And your point is.......?

-Edrick

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Well if it's true it's not so much a question of wanting to believe. Nobody wants to believe anything bad but if they have to they have to because they're forced to accept the truth as it is.

Now... if he's not a chauvinist he seems brutish.. which I don't particularly like.

I haven't read any of his articles in full though to really judge him but that's just the first impressions I've gotten.

If anything, it's quite possible that sure feminism is being used to support "evil" NWO agendas, or that the organization at it's highest levels are being influenced or have been infiltrated by supporters of the NWO.

[edit on 15-6-2010 by The Quiet Storm]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by kalisdad

What it comes to is the individual rights. Every human has their strengths and weaknesses. Stereotypes and oppression put a weakness on an entire population. Are all men equal? No. Are all women equal? No. There are strong men and weak men. Strong women and weak women. When an individual is allowed to flourish, everyone benefits. Steve Jobs and Bill Gates are not exactly the alpha looking males, yet their brains can design the deadliest of weapons. Women can't match men in arm strength, but now that women are allowed to compete in sports and are sorta getting the same advantages as men, women runners are ever increasing in speed, while men have stagnated. And women runners are expected to exceed men in 20 years. Men use women's own instincts to oppress them. Women are designed to care and nurture children. Therefore women abhor violence because of the casualties involved, and that particular aspect is played upon.
But a woman will defend her own home and offspring to the teeth. Will many women go willingly to kill someone? If they thought it was the right thing to do yes. But many abhor it, because they see someone's child, brother, sister, father. But as the examples I have shown show, if it comes to defending hearth and home, I can tell you, many mothers will be the ones to deal with. If someone broke into my home and threatened my family? You can bet I won't think twice about killing them.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   

I first joined the thread to point out that I believed the modern (1950-present) women's movement was more about corraling the middle class into a 2 income households and that it was less about equality than it was money and control.

I feel I made my point with the various links I posted. the links you posted also have shown that women have been in positions of power long before some piece of paper siad they could. it was the ones that stood up and challenged the thought that women couldn't have that kind of authority that are proof that women have been able to do so for quite some time... but it also showed that until the past half century or so, most women were afraid to.

it's not about any laws saying you have the right. I believe you have always had the right.
it's about challenging the system and doing what makes you happy in life.

but I do honestly believe that the current movememnt is nothing but a scam to divide and control us

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   

What it comes to is the individual rights. Every human has their strengths and weaknesses.

That is not what Rights mean.

Using this word in this fashion is Degrading to the English language... stop it.

Stereotypes and oppression put a weakness on an entire population.

Yes, I agree... in FACT, the TITLE OF THIS THREAD IS:

"The Feminist Movement—Ruining The Image Of Men"

Which describes the False application of Stereotypes Such As:

All men are Rapists (or potential Rapists)
All men are Pedophiles
All men are brutal oppressors
All men have been oppressing women since the dawn of time

Etc, etc, etc....

So, yeah...

Steve Jobs and Bill Gates are not exactly the alpha looking males

And what is an "Alpha" male?

but now that women are allowed to compete in sports and are sorta getting the same advantages as men, women runners are ever increasing in speed, while men have stagnated.

Oh, you mean that Male runners have reached the physical LIMIT of the speed of the human body, and women are struggling to catch up?

And women runners are expected to exceed men in 20 years.

Stock Market Bubble Mentality...

*ALERT: WE HAVE A KOOLAID DRINKER PRESENT!*

*ALERT*

Just because there is an increasing trend NOW, automatically means that it will *CONTINUE INCREASING FOREVER!*

YAY!!!! Violation of Thermodynamics!

YAY!

Men use women's own instincts to oppress them.

*COSMETICS*

Thusly Refuted.

But a woman will defend her own home and offspring to the teeth. Will many women go willingly to kill someone? If they thought it was the right thing to do yes. But many abhor it, because they see someone's child, brother, sister, father.

Yes.. woman...

So Noble:

crime.about.com...

So Close to Divine Perfection... always, at all times thinking the most pure and undiluted thoughts of fluffy pink unicorns who swim through the sky invisibly.

Unlike those mean old Warmongering Men... who never empathize with their enemy that they are sent to fight at all....

I mean, we know this is true, also... because no soldier in the history of history has ever spoke out against Wars.

Only WOMEN are that PERFECT.

/sarcasm

Are you serious?

-Edrick

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
be careful. do not lose your ground around Woman, she will judge you, and laugh when "Power" is usurped by her.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by The Quiet Storm

be careful. do not lose your ground around Woman, she will judge you.

Judge

Not

Lest

Ye

Be

Judged.

-Edrick

[edit on 15-6-2010 by Edrick]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Arggghhh, by the third set of quotes I suck.

Originally posted by Edrick

Would they be demanding jobs that they are not qualified f

I see plenty of men and women get turned down for jobs of all kinds.

Would they be blaming it on Gender Discrimination?

Look how many on ATS blame illegals for taking their jobs. Race discrimination. I have heard men complain that some feminazi didn't like them and didn't get the job. So yes.

We are CURRENTLY Being Oppressed..
All of us.

Bingo! Yet you choose to blame a particular sex for everyone else's ills.

I on the other hand, do not MIND being left out of the "Vote" as I never do anyways.

So you handle your oppression with indifference. As if it were a shield. Yet when others demand they no longer be oppressed, and start to rise up, you accuse them of being weak. hhhhhmmmmm

We don't like about others what we don't like in ourselves seems to fit here.

I can find other ways to change the world

So have women.
While you are at it, look at how many life saving medical devices were invented by women. INcluding drugs,and tests. A woman also invented the fire escape, the windshield wiper,and the life raft.

Because they bow down to their ego, and therefore feel they have to demand all the privileges of men, but none of the responsibilitie

I can tell you women have plenty of responsibilities. But the weak tactic of dismissing them helps the oppressors cause. And you fall for it.

OH, and just to be clear... we are having this discussion on a decentralized computer network that was conceived, designed, built and maintained by the "Just Sheer Brute Strength" of men.

So you finally graduated from worshipping the spear maker to the the person who was smart enough to design better tools. Which women are perfectly capable of.
Jane Goodall proved that female chimpanzees used tools more then the males.

Rear Admiral Dr. Grace Murray Hopper was a remarkable woman who grandly rose to the challenges of programming the first computers. During her lifetime as a leader in the field of software development concepts, she contributed to the transition from primitive programming techniques to the use of sophisticated compilers. She believed that "we've always done it that way" was not necessarily a good reason to continue to do so.

linky

Today, just over 7 percent of U.S. design patents and plant patents, 5.5 percent of chemical technology patents, and 2.7 and 1.6 percent, respectively, of mechanical and electrical patents include a woman inventor. Almost half of the total number of patents granted to women during the last twenty years pertain to chemical technology. A couple of the outstanding examples here include Stephanie Kwolek, who discovered the polymer solvent that led to the development of Kevlar, and Janet Rideout, co-inventor of AZT.

link

The number of women filing patents grows all the time. How much of that technology you are using was based on a design by a woman, or was invented by a woman?

And your point is.......?

You just keep marching on good little player, I mean soldier.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
she will also think of you as unmanly. so says Henry Makow and the pick-up artists.

NEVER submit to a woman. NEVAR!!!

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by kalisdad

I won't argue with you there. Though I have to disagree that was all the result of the feminist movement. I believe it was orchestrated by the commerical entities. Because now both parties are now bowing to the commerical gods. Heck, not just women and men, but children, pets, seniors, think of a group and they are roped in. The average American is advertised to 1200 times a day. That kind of brainwashing didn't come out of the feminist movement. While women have the capabilites, I don't agree they had the power. No one has heard of the woman involved in the discovery of DNA. Because she was silenced and her capabilites hidden. It doesn't matter your capabilities if they are surpressed and never heard of again. Even today. J.K. Rowling, who wrote Harry Potter, was advised to use her initials instead of her full name, because people tend to buy books from male authors. She may now be richer then the Queen. But she had to hide her name to do it. How is that power?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   

This system, of letting Women Vote, without Drafting them, IS SEXIST, and OPPRESSIVE *TO MEN*

wait...

Seek help man. This is the 21st century. I think most of the guys hating women are either latent homosexuals or they've been traumatized by girls in their youth.

[edit on 15/6/2010 by Tryptych]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   

I won't argue with you there. Though I have to disagree that was all the result of the feminist movement. I believe it was orchestrated by the commerical entities. Because now both parties are now bowing to the commerical gods. Heck, not just women and men, but children, pets, seniors, think of a group and they are roped in. The average American is advertised to 1200 times a day.

HEAR HEAR!!!!

(Whistling, Cheering, etc...)

www.physorg.com...

Are voters truly sophisticated and rational decision makers? Apparently not. Their choices are heavily influenced by superficial, nonverbal cues, such as politicians' appearance, according to Christopher Olivola from University College London in the UK and Alexander Todorov from Princeton University in the US. According to their findings, voters make judgments about politicians' competence based on their facial appearance and these appearance-based competence judgments reliably predict both voting decisions and election outcomes. The research is published in the June 2010 issue of the Journal of Nonverbal Behavior.

That kind of brainwashing didn't come out of the feminist movement.

WRONG!

And you were doing so good too.

Even today. J.K. Rowling, who wrote Harry Potter, was advised to use her initials instead of her full name, because people tend to buy books from male authors. She may now be richer then the Queen. But she had to hide her name to do it. How is that power?

Samuel Clemens.
en.wikipedia.org...

Thusly Refuted.

-Edrick

[edit on 15-6-2010 by Edrick]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Tryptych

Seek help man. This is the 21st century. I think most of the guys hating women are either latent homosexuals or they've been traumatized by girls in their youth.

Is there an argument or point behind that venom... or are you just ATTEMPTING TO RIDICULE as a Debate Tactic.

Don't Go There.

-Edrick

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Quiet Storm
reply to post by Annee

Well if it's true it's not so much a question of wanting to believe. Nobody wants to believe anything bad but if they have to they have to because they're forced to accept the truth as it is.

Now... if he's not a chauvinist he seems brutish.. which I don't particularly like.

I haven't read any of his articles in full though to really judge him but that's just the first impressions I've gotten.

If anything, it's quite possible that sure feminism is being used to support "evil" NWO agendas, or that the organization at it's highest levels are being influenced or have been infiltrated by supporters of the NWO.

Of course anything is possible. But - you'd truly have to choose to lean in that direction to really support what he is claiming. That's why I asked.

Hell - you could say the Westboro Church is a CIA front to make Christianity look bad.

I do believe their is a shadow government and I do believe they latch on to any opportunity they can to facilitate their cause.

But to plan the equal rights for women. No Way. I was of age and in the middle of fighting for women's equality - - before ever hearing of Gloria Steinem.

Its ridiculous.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Is there an argument or point behind that venom... or are you just ATTEMPTING TO RIDICULE as a Debate Tactic.

Don't Go There.

-Edrick

You did that pretty much yourself. So I don't need to.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   

What it comes to is the individual rights. Every human has their strengths and weaknesses.

That is not what Rights mean.

Using this word in this fashion is Degrading to the English language... stop it.

Using capitals where they don't belong is also degrading to the English language. There are 26 definitons of "right". Look it up before lecturing people.

Stereotypes and oppression put a weakness on an entire population.

Yes, I agree... in FACT, the TITLE OF THIS THREAD IS:

"The Feminist Movement—Ruining The Image Of Men"

Which describes the False application of Stereotypes Such As:

All men are Rapists (or potential Rapists)
All men are Pedophiles
All men are brutal oppressors
All men have been oppressing women since the dawn of time

Etc, etc, etc....

So, yeah...

The only application that is there is the one you have put there. I doubt that is what the thread creator is implying. Quite a jump to link de-emasculation to pedophiles and rapists.

Steve Jobs and Bill Gates are not exactly the alpha looking males

And what is an "Alpha" male?

If I have to define it for you, we shouldn't be having this conversation.

but now that women are allowed to compete in sports and are sorta getting the same advantages as men, women runners are ever increasing in speed, while men have stagnated.

Oh, you mean that Male runners have reached the physical LIMIT of the speed of the human body, and women are struggling to catch up?

Hard to compete properly when you don't have running shoes and you have to wear a skirt. Or when you are not allowed to compete at all. Figured that would be common sense.

And women runners are expected to exceed men in 20 years

Stock Market Bubble Mentality...

*ALERT: WE HAVE A KOOLAID DRINKER PRESENT!*

*ALERT*

That doesn't even make sense.

Just because there is an increasing trend NOW, automatically means that it will *CONTINUE INCREASING FOREVER!*

I said 20 years. I don't know where you got forever from.

YAY!!!! Violation of Thermodynamics!

I think you need to look up the definition of thermodynamics. And I think your drinking more then kool-aid. For someone who claims that men are physically superior to women, you don't know very much about athletics.

Men use women's own instincts to oppress them.

*COSMETICS*

Thusly Refuted.

I can play that game too!

*ROGAINE*

Gee, that was fun!

But a woman will defend her own home and offspring to the teeth. Will many women go willingly to kill someone? If they thought it was the right thing to do yes. But many abhor it, because they see someone's child, brother, sister, father.

Yes.. woman...

So Noble:

crime.about.com...

Did anyone say all women are good? I don't think in five pages of responses anyone said that. I would use up all the server space to list all the atrocities men have committed.

So Close to Divine Perfection... always, at all times thinking the most pure and undiluted thoughts of fluffy pink unicorns who swim through the sky invisibly.

Exactly what did you put in that kool-aid?

Unlike those mean old Warmongering Men... who never empathize with their enemy that they are sent to fight at all....

I mean, we know this is true, also... because no soldier in the history of history has ever spoke out against Wars.

No one said they didn't.

Only WOMEN are that PERFECT.

/sarcasm

Since sadly that seems to be your last defense, and you can't come up with a retort of value, I will leave it there. Shame, I thought you had potential.

Are you serious?

This is like watching a parakeet continually peck at its own reflection.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

*AHEM*

en.wikipedia.org...

Abby Rockefeller (b. 1943) — The eldest and most rebellious daughter, she was drawn to Marxism, was an ardent admirer of Fidel Castro and a late 60's/early 70's radical feminist who belonged to the organization Female Liberation, later forming a splinter group called Cell 16. An environmentalist and ecologist, and an active supporter of the Women's Liberation movement, she also funded Ramparts, a left-wing magazine.

*COUGH* *COUGH* *COUGH*

-Edrick

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Tryptych

traumatized indeed, by the females and the "badboy" males they let do things to us, and effectively effeminate us by making us suffer unavoidable blows to our sexuality with long long long long extremely long (perhaps infinite) bouts of sexual deprivation and loneliness..

now it's getting to the point that homosexuality (not "femininity" or "weakness but that could also be said) is on the rise in our society.. and it's not even because there is a "real" scarcity of women.

except that women choose to be homo for different reasons than men.

new topics

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join