It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Natural gas well explodes in Johnson County

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   

natural gas explodes in Johnson County

OHNSON COUNTY - A natural gas facility has exploded in Johnson County, according to reports.

Massive flames and a huge plume of smoke can be seen in the area.

The Cleburne fire chief says six people have been injured.

“About 2:40 p.m., we heard a loud explosion, rumbling, almost like a tornado. It shook our entire house. The plume of smoke that came out or steam is heading this way, the wind is blowing it right over our house. We are trying to work out whether it is something we need to evacuate or not," said Laura Harlin in Johnson County.

“We don’t really smell anything at this point. It sounds like faraway thunder at this point,” she added.

At 3:15 p.m., she said she could still hear the rumbling.

Witness Tracey Mann said there is a large gas facility in the area.(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.myfoxdfw.com
cbs11tv.com
www.nbcdfw.com

[edit on 7-6-2010 by gimme_some_truth] extra DIV

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
First of all, I live here in Dallas and what has happened is NOT an oil well exploding. This is a natural gas facility. A pipe was hit causing it to explode.

Upon watching it live it appears there was a construction crew on the site, I speculate perhaps they were digging and hit the line.

The last link I have attached in my additional news links contains live footage.

It appears to be a 36 inch gas line that was ruptured. Several have been injured, and some are still missing.

www.wfaa.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

ETA: Wfaa corrected their article title so I am updating mine in order to remain in good terms with the T&C.

[edit on 7-6-2010 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Title is misleading, this is a natural gas line, not an oil well.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I am actually watching this live on TV, pretty amazing really, The flames are absolutely huge. Thank you for bringing it to my attention so I could flip it to the local station.

Just heard three people died

[edit on 7-6-2010 by Golithion]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by SlasherOfVeils
Title is misleading, this is a natural gas line, not an oil well.

First of all, I am required by the T&C to have the same title as the article. If you have a problem take it up with wfaa channel 8. Not me.

Second, Assuming you actually read what I wrote you will see that I immediately pointed out that it is a natural gas well and not an oil well.That said do you have an opinion on the issue or no?

[edit on 7-6-2010 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Golithion

Just heard three people died

[edit on 7-6-2010 by Golithion]

Yes, I heard that too. 10 are still unaccounted for, many more are in the hospital with burn injuries/ I am watching ABC local channel 8 right now. If you look around at the charred ground, it looks that the initial explosion was huge.

Then again there is a grass fire burning around the edge, so it may cause it to look like a bigger explosion then it was.

Just, wow.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SlasherOfVeils

You will be glad to know that they corrected their article title, so I am now permitted to correct the title of my thread as well

That said I would still love to hear your thoughts and opinions on this explosion

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I must say, there are lots of gas explosions lately. I wonder if this is normal or just hyped about things that have been kept quiet before.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by above

Good question. I am not sure. This particular explosion appears to be a horrible accident caused perhaps by construction crews accidentally hitting the line. I keep saying construction crew because there are construction vehicles along the edge of the explosion.

So, perhaps they were the ones who were digging and hit it?

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Looks like I beat you to it

www.abovetopsecret.com...

There has got to be more going on here than meets the eye. There have just been way to many "accidents" in the past few months. Something is not right.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Watching it live here. There a drill on site.

www.wfaa.com...

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by xmaddness

Oh by 3 minutes too! Thank you for pointing that out!

I apologize for taking away people from your thread.

I will lock this thread momentarily.

Please redirect all posts here

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
This thread is closed. Please redirect all comments here

Sorry again buddy

new topics

top topics

join