It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Iranian ships to sail to Gaza

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by crisko

Been there many times and largely agree with you. There is a big portion of folks who don't like the arrogance of the Likud Party, still, even these people are raised with an us-against-them mentality that leaves no real room for compromise. The average Israeli also thinks a bit too much of the capabilities of their military -- they think a war with Iran would be over fast. All we have to go on thse days are the recent examples of Lebanon and this Med boat boarding. Neither operation went well at all and the adversaries were modest at best. As an ex-soldier, I think the Israeli military is much weaker than its people think.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ken10
Personally i think its a clever move by Iran.

Firstly they gain a win in the public relations dept, sending Aid to Gaza and being seen as determined to break the blockade.

Secondly, Its been on the cards for a while now that Israel would attack Iran...So this action will force Israel's hand. What this will do is cast Israel in a bad light and as being the aggressor..... while the ensuing worldwide condemnation may just prevent the US from getting involved. Also remember Turkey still have the right to declare the attack on their aid ship as an act of war, So Israel could potentially find itself at war with Iran and Turkey and not a leg to stand on legally.

War was always coming.....Just might be a bit sooner than expected.

Funny thing is that if Turkey is calling "attacked", then the US (being a member of NATO) would have to defend Turkey against Israel who ISN'T a member of NATO.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I have just finished rolling around the floor laughing my ass off. As anyone who has read a lot of threads will know, Iran was run by the USA through the Shar. He then stopped playing abll so they kicked him out and put in place the fundamentalist who they still run through the CIA and Mossad. Lot so of evidence that they are all involved with Bin Landen and gang.

So no one can be surprised that after failing to get the sheeple to rise up in arms about North Korea, and then failing to get the sheeple up in arms about WMD's in Iran so they could have another war, they get IRAN to start it for them!

Well at least it shows the sheeple are moving back to becoming people again. The sad thing is as soon as Israel attack these ships the US and Europe will agree to attack Iran and then the whole world goes to hell.

One way or another they will star WWIII, it is what they think they have to do so that is what will happen. All you have to do is look at history and you will see that world wars start years ahead of the actual fight. We are now at the fight and it is going star with or without you. That does not mean we can't prevent it though; what the shooting starts we must say NO to going to war and NO to sending money or weapons to Israel. If Israel wants to go to war let them, they will loose, and so will the opposition. We are moving to an age where no one wins a war anymore, they just get to make lots of money.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by pajoly
reply to post by PuterMan

Never thought I'd say it, but I'm siding with the Iranians on this one.

Well I am assuming here that you were not considering that I was not? I was merely observing that the Israelis would consider this a provocation.

Their real enemies now have more allies among members of the public the world over because of the stupidity if IDF senior commanders. This only served to embolden the Iranians and any other real enemy, as evidenced by this action.

Indeed, and of course the aim of the flotilla was achieved quite spectacularly, however it is a great shame that anyone had to die for this to happen.

Whilst the breaking of the blockade would be good, as I cannot understand how the Israelis can treat anyone so especially after their own racial experience, I do wonder if further 'provocations' (in the eyes of the Israelis) are not solely designed to precipitate the end of the State of Israel, or The End Of Times, rather than the end of the blockade.

[edit on 7/6/2010 by PuterMan]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by belial259

Israel does not need surface ships she has subs which are her naval equalizer dont ever presume a country in a state of continual war like Israel; will ever reveal its whole hand or the assets which it has access too!!!

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Why is everyone sending Aid SHIPS to Gaza all of a sudden?

It's almost as if they want Israel to attack them.

If you want to send AID to Gaza, do it through Egypt for christs sake.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by theregonnakillme

Israel will never be drawn into a war in there area till they are ready to do so, they will sit and wait till their foes make a mistake thru frustration then they will commit acts of sabotage and let the enemy destroy itself!! Its what they do best they have a lot of patience

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17
Why is everyone sending Aid SHIPS to Gaza all of a sudden?

It's almost as if they want Israel to attack them.

If you want to send AID to Gaza, do it through Egypt for christs sake.

This is all about breaking the blockaid both at sea and on land as the same restriction apply to aid however it enters Gaza.

BTW, the aid on these ships is planned to go through the Rafah crossing which is in Egypt.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

The enemys of Israel do not understand that the whole purpose of the exercise by Israel is to make GAZA look as tasty as possible for them IT is the centre of a spiders web and once they get you there you are theirs!!!It is also diverting attention from other areas of gaza and Israel,THE PROOF LOOK AT ALL THE ATTENTION ITS GETTING ON THIS FORUM ITS WORKING!!

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Magic Bullet

Israel will never be drawn into a war in there area till they are ready to do so, they will sit and wait till their foes make a mistake thru frustration then they will commit acts of sabotage and let the enemy destroy itself!! Its what they do best they have a lot of patience

Do you think they might be ready to do so when the US aircraft carrier is in position in the Med, and the US and their own subs in the Persian Gulf.

The longer they wait the more acts of sabotage they are going to commit such as bulldozing peoples homes and denying them the right to a reasonable life.

Their foes will undoubtedly be frustrated but you know as time goes on, and more and more of the Zionist intrusion and belligerence becomes apparent, the more I understand why the Palestinians lob rockets at them and even send in suicide bombers.

What in effect you are saying is that if Israel want to wait 'until it is ready all ready' then the opposition would do best if it were to strike sooner rather than later? I am not quite sure where your sympathies lie on this one.

The enemys of Israel do not understand that the whole purpose of the exercise by Israel is to make GAZA look as tasty as possible for them IT is the centre of a spiders web and once they get you there you are theirs!!!It is also diverting attention from other areas of gaza and Israel,THE PROOF LOOK AT ALL THE ATTENTION ITS GETTING ON THIS FORUM ITS WORKING!!

I was not aware that this was an action instigated by Israel, unless of course you have information that proves that the Mavi Mamara and MV Rachel Corrie were in fact sent by Israel as a false flag?

I am also not sure quite how you can describe the war ravaged Gaza strip as 'tasty', or the 'centre of a spiders web'. From which area of Gaza do you envisage that attention is being diverted by this vision of tastiness?

Of course the attention on this thread is definitely diverting attention from areas of Gaza and Israel, of that I have no doubt.

I would suggest that perhaps a little more consideration of the situation is advised on your part as your statements do not lead me to think that you have a grip on the reality at all.

[edit on 7/6/2010 by PuterMan]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I think it will be like this scenario:

UN will dispatch their navy to “inspect the Iranian ships cargo” and then will remain there to stay between Israelis navy and the future humanitarian aid for GAZA, like what they did in Lebanon.

Although UN is a JOKE, but at least they are “international forces” and Israel have to take that in consideration..!

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
In my observation I cant see the isreali doing anything to the Iranian ships not after world condemation of the gaza fortilla If they the Isreali did I beleive it be a hell of a lot worst than the world outrage
Lebanon is also sending a ships of aid to gaza in the comming weeks and of course there is a twin aid package one by land and one by sea this sep or oct

[edit on 7-6-2010 by Relaxfreedom]

[edit on 7-6-2010 by Relaxfreedom]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
At the end of the day, if Israel let's in the so called "aid" to supply the Muppets in Gaza (Hamas), then they will simply bomb the place afterwards.

Just to make sure that whatever got through (unchecked weapons) can't be used against Israel.

You can't blame them and if there is nothing to hide, then they will let all the cargo be inspected before it is let through to Gaza.

If you asked your Wife to empty her handbag and she said no, then there must be something in there she doesn't want you to see.

Iranian boats taking cargo straight to Gaza will not go down well at all with Israel!

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   

yeah man
it is painful to watch pawns defending their right to be pawns
knowing the PTB dispise them all the more and can't wait to be rid of them the most...
poor dumb animals as Kissenger called combatants

I say though just as a barb to the ones defending barbarism:
On the list of banned items at the bottom was
CHICKS
which means in israeli occupied land, Isreal has all the chicks
ergo
all the chickens are in Israel
so afraid of peace

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Remember that until last week, Egypt also had a blockade against supplies going into Gaza because they did not want supplies getting through to terrorists. It was only after the world condemnation over the handling of the flotilla that Egypt decided to lift their blockade.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atomic Honey
Maybe I'm misunderstanding something here--I'm not up on the geography there--but Rafah would be a different port than the blockade that Israel has enforced, no?

This is a non event being made big. The article says they are going to an egyptian port and then sending the aid by land. Isreal has always allowed aid through by land if ti's checked by either themselves or the egyptian authorities. So this aid will go through the Egyptian check point be found hopefully clean of contriband and then Iran will make it sound like they made Isreal back down.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by exile1981

Originally posted by Atomic Honey
Maybe I'm misunderstanding something here--I'm not up on the geography there--but Rafah would be a different port than the blockade that Israel has enforced, no?

This is a non event being made big. The article says they are going to an egyptian port and then sending the aid by land. Isreal has always allowed aid through by land if ti's checked by either themselves or the egyptian authorities. So this aid will go through the Egyptian check point be found hopefully clean of contriband and then Iran will make it sound like they made Isreal back down.

I had to star you for this, finally some sort of logic on this website.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Israel is going to have to lift the Gaza Blockade!

If they don't (and maybe even if they do) Iran could keep this "aid delivery thing" up. This won't be good from a paranoid Israel's point of view, as who's to say one of those aid ships won't contain e.g. spies, possibly even an Iranian nuclear bomb!!
Thing is, Israel doesn't strike many as being in a particularly "stable" state of mind, under the leadership of "Bad Benjamin" Netanyahu. It could just be the fact that he's consistently stuck his two fingers at the will of the Western world (never mind all of Europe).
But with Obama in the White House (especially the way they impressed him with house building) they are far, far away from safety they had under a war prone, Bush.

Maybe Hillary clinton will save their ass? If so, hopefully it'll only be after they've done most of the fighting with Iran. After all, we are still dealing with a recession!!

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Liberal1984

I can't see Israel backing down to Iran, and their response doesn't sound like they will :

Israel: "Iran's aid ships are hardcore provocation" and "a threat made before deep thinking".

www.independent.co.uk...

[edit on 7-6-2010 by john124]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
When will the Iranian ships set sail?
And when are they due to arrive?
I hope the Israelies keep cool, but my gut knows that they will freak-out.
I wish they would just make gaza an independent city state separate from Palestine.
Have the U.N. policing the state and borders.
Hamas needs to be stopped from using the gazans as human shields as well.
This siege must end and reconciliation must begin before it's too-late.

[edit on 7-6-2010 by Cosmic4life]

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join