It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Four reported dead in 'maritime attack' off Gaza

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
*** ATTENTINO ****

STAY ON TOPIC.

Thank You.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I somehow doubt that scuba diving is a popular recreational sport in Gaza.

While the palestinians still prove able to smuggle in wetsuits, diving gear, and parts for Qassam rockets, it's difficult for them to make a case that they are suffering hardships from the blockade.

If they would stop attacking the Israelis and throw their weapons in the sea they would find their standard of living much improved.

We all understand that the Israelis evicted them, but that's a done deal now, the Israelis have nowhere else to go - it's not like there's a spare nation lying unattended, and both sides will have to learn to live amicably together.

The Palestinians, as the militarily weaker of the 2, need to learn that lesson quickly.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

I hope so as well. I don't want to be naive, but there does seem to be a food shortage in Gaza and I don't think the Israelis are letting any fishermen out to garner fish or food. So whats left......shoot some guys trying to get some fish for their families?

Maybe....maybe not!

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Did anybody actually read the BBC article?

news.bbc.co.uk...

The al-Aqsa Martyrs' Brigades, a militant group linked to Fatah, has reported that four of its men were killed and a fifth is missing, according to Israeli media.

The men had been training off the Gaza coast, the militant group was quoted as having claimed.

But no, of course not, most people immediately assume they were a young Palestinian family out for a swim and were ruthlessly gunned down by baby-eating, organ harvesting, Israeli monsters

This place is getting ridiculous.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh
I somehow doubt that scuba diving is a popular recreational sport in Gaza.

While the palestinians still prove able to smuggle in wetsuits, diving gear, and parts for Qassam rockets, it's difficult for them to make a case that they are suffering hardships from the blockade.

If they would stop attacking the Israelis and throw their weapons in the sea they would find their standard of living much improved.

We all understand that the Israelis evicted them, but that's a done deal now, the Israelis have nowhere else to go - it's not like there's a spare nation lying unattended, and both sides will have to learn to live amicably together.

The Palestinians, as the militarily weaker of the 2, need to learn that lesson quickly.

Yeah, those mothers and fathers should go smuggle food and water for their kids.
Ofcourse you're going to have terrorists who can smuggle things in, you have the same scenario in jail. But a blockaid around the entire city wouldn't seem very smart would it?
It would be like if America had set up a massive blockaid around Iraq and only let in what things they wanted in, it would be completely unfair and abuse of the iraqi people.
But israel has done a nice job of dehumanizing palestinians.
I do agree that the only solution is a two state nation, but I also believe that israel should be punished for the war crimes they have committed.

[edit on 8-6-2010 by hippomchippo]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Curio

news.bbc.co.uk...

The al-Aqsa Martyrs' Brigades, a militant group linked to Fatah, has reported that four of its men were killed and a fifth is missing, according to Israeli media.

The men had been training off the Gaza coast, the militant group was quoted as having claimed.

But no, of course not, most people immediately assume they were a young Palestinian family out for a swim and were ruthlessly gunned down by baby-eating, organ harvesting, Israeli monsters

What I want to know is why they shot them instead of taking them in, seems like a pretty stupid move on israel, probably could have got quite a bit of valuable information.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by allprowolfy

I think what I said was misunderstood, maybe it was just me though. I was still having my first cup of coffee when posting that this morning. I was refering to the fact that lately we have been over run by various folks who want to drag a thread down into nothing but squabbling and fighting. Then the eipthets fly and what some would consider hate speech let's loose. I myself had a thread this week entitled "peace in the middle east? dissolve israel" I think that clearly states my thoughts and feelings on israels behavior of late.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Curio

news.bbc.co.uk...

It's always a relief to see at least one sane member of ATS every now and then.

You won't get many stars from our hordes of delusional anti-semitic members, but you certainly get one from me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join