It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Four reported dead in 'maritime attack' off Gaza

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Four reported dead in 'maritime attack' off Gaza

www.sbs.com.au

The Israeli navy has fired on Palestinian divers off Gaza and Palestinian medics say four people were killed in the shooting.

Add your comment
Israel is enforcing a naval blockade of Hamas-ruled Gaza.

The Israeli military says the navy spotted men in diving suits, opened fire and prevented a terror attack.

The incident occurred before dawn local time on Monday close the the Gaza coast.

Palestinian health official Moawiya Hassanain says four bodies in diving suits were retrieved by a rescue team.

The Palestinian naval police says two people are still missing.

Two weeks ago, I
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
What were these Palestinian divers up to ?Maybe getting ready to plant some mines on Israeli ships .If they got away with this it would have brought a heavy response from the IDF.Maybe this is the plan to get this war started.They also could have been decoys while the real divers continue on their mission,speculation only .Something has to give very soon .

www.sbs.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
They also could have just been divers, the more probable explanation.
2nd line.

--airspoon

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

They could have been but why were they shot ?Do the Israelis shoot recreational divers now,i dont think so.Still two divers missing .

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by airspoon

yea, we were just out here looking
for star fish before sunrise cuz u
know we like to get up early

We wear suits cuz the water is cold
in the morning, brrrrrrrrrr.
Next thing ya know, bullets
start flying.

[edit on 7-6-2010 by boondock-saint]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
can israel really keep pushing it like this?

they are just asking to get attacked.

the times we live in.........

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

They could have been but why were they shot ?

Why were they shot? Ummm, maybe because a couple of Israelis were given weapons.

Do the Israelis shoot recreational divers now,i dont think so.Still two divers missing .

Well, lets see. The Israelis shoot children. The Israelis shoot pregnant women. The Israelis shoot peace activists. The Israelis shoot humanitarians. The Israelis shoot Palestinians. The Israelis shoot American sailors. The Israelis shoot innocent bystanders. Is it really that hard to believe that the Israelis would shoot divers?

--airspoon

reply to post by boondock-saint

yea, we were just out here looking
for star fish before sunrise cuz u
know we like to get up early
We wear suits cuz the water is cold
in the morning, brrrrrrrrrr.

Don't divers wear suits? So, if we see divers in California or Florida, in the morning, it would be okay to shoot them? They must have been terrorists? They could have been diving for abalone or even mussels. They could have been diving because people like to dive, including myself.

--airspoon

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I hear that there were bullet holes in the divers but not in the wet suits.

I wonder how that happened.

Of course the autopsies done by the Palestinians revealed that the Kidneys, Liver and Heart were also all missing from each 'diver'.

[edit on 7/6/10 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Was that thick sarcasm or are you being serious? It's getting late....
2nd line.

--airspoon

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   

2nd line.

--airspoon

Sarcasm i think

............................................................................................

gotta love the israel forces.... These freaks shoot anythingthat moves (and now swims).
They must do this hoping for a backlash, there can be no other explanation for their actions

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

I dont understand where you are coming from .This story was reported by reliable source and your trying to debunk it.It's not a conspiracy or a ufo sighting,this is a news story not something i made up .Of course they were divers it says that in the report.WTH are you on about.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

Your reliable source reads like a 1st grade book, see Spot dive, Spot was a terrorist, the nice IDF Man shot him and saves us all.

There is no date of when this occured, there is no precise location as to where this occured, in fact the traditional who, what, when, how and where of journalism is completely missing.

The closest thing to some real information in the story is the name of the Palestinian Health Director, who wasn't even properly quoted.

It is not only shoddy journalism, it actually has no details that if anyone wanted to follow up to find out more could hardly know where to begin.

You probably aren't old enough to remember when reporters actually reported real news, with real hard facts, and real hard details.

This is a fluff propaganda piece.

[edit on 7/6/10 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   

2nd line.

--airspoon

If the incident even occured, I would not put it past the Israelis to kill some Palestinians, harvest their organs, then dump them in wet suits, and toss them in the ocean, shoot at their corpses and let the bodies wash to shore.

I find it hard to believe that the Israeli's would have not attempted to retrieve the bodies to confirm the kills. The Israelis would have also wanted to identify the men, to carry out reprisals on their families, bulldoze their homes etc. ect., or to determine if they came from another country.

This story makes it sound like they killed four possibly six men, and just sailed away to let the bodies wash out to sea.

Now what if one of them had a usb drive on them with a whole list of fellow agents, if in fact they were a terrorist?

Are we going to pretend the Israelis wouldn't have wanted to search those men?

What if the actually had bombs, are we going to pretend Israel would not have wanted to annalyse the components to see if trigger mechanisms or plastiques came from Iran or Syria?

So no this story doesn't add up.

It's a planted fluff propaganda piece as part of an over all effort to convince the world and Israelis the blockade is necessary.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I would laugh if some freedom loving, beef eating, death dealing frogmen were swimming up from behind and planted a nice present for the Israelis as they were shooting the recreational divers.

Then reality kicks in. Israel and the U.S. are giving each other handies while unconfirmed and single-sourced propaga.....i mean news spews forth.

[edit on 7-6-2010 by Shark VA84]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Its on the bbc site now.

Israel navy kills four Palestinian 'militants' off Gaza
news.bbc.co.uk...

Israel's navy has shot and killed four Palestinians wearing diving gear off the Gaza coast, officials say.

The Israeli military says it believes those on board were planning a "terrorist attack".

Hamas officials in Gaza say four bodies have been recovered and two people are missing.

It comes a week after nine pro-Palestinian activists died in an Israeli raid on an aid flotilla trying to break Israel's blockade of Gaza.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   

You are making it sound as if i wrote this report which i didn't .i believe it was dated today 7/6.i'm not a reporter so you should direct your anger at SBS.I thought we were allowed to post breaking news stories to start discussions about it .DON'T read it if it doesn't interest you,i couldn't give a rats if you you like it or not.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Hope it wasn't just a couple of hungry Palestinians armed with spearguns and knives.

When I go diving, I do it to find my dinner.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12voltz

You are making it sound as if i wrote this report which i didn't .i believe it was dated today 7/6.i'm not a reporter so you should direct your anger at SBS.I thought we were allowed to post breaking news stories to start discussions about it .DON'T read it if it doesn't interest you,i couldn't give a rats if you you like it or not.

Really did I say you wrote the report, you asked why another poster seemed to be trying to debunk the article, I explained to you why.

This is a concpiracy site, just because it appears in the mainstream media does not mean members of a conspiracy site are going to consider it authentic reporting and an honest accurate reflection of events.

You did start a discussion about it, and many of the posters are going to be critical about the article, and potentially any article you post on any topic.

I explained to you why I don't feel the article is factual.

That's part of the discussion, so do you want discussion or do you want people to simply agree with you?

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I am positive the divers provoked them , they must have thrown octopuses or something at the soldiers ... otherwise we know that the israelis never shot an unarmed and defenseless person....

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   

2nd line.

--airspoon

A country that can barely feed itself even without an Israeli blockade has people with scuba gear for fun? That does sound more plausible! (sarcasm)

It could have just been divers...but I hardly think it's the more probably explanation. It's like saying it would be normal to see people in scuba gear off of Somalia...it's not.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join