It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Four reported dead in 'maritime attack' off Gaza

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by airspoon
reply to post by 12voltz

They could have been but why were they shot ?

Why were they shot? Ummm, maybe because a couple of Israelis were given weapons.

Do the Israelis shoot recreational divers now,i dont think so.Still two divers missing .

Well, lets see. The Israelis shoot children. The Israelis shoot pregnant women. The Israelis shoot peace activists. The Israelis shoot humanitarians. The Israelis shoot Palestinians. The Israelis shoot American sailors. The Israelis shoot innocent bystanders. Is it really that hard to believe that the Israelis would shoot divers?

--airspoon

reply to post by boondock-saint

yea, we were just out here looking
for star fish before sunrise cuz u
know we like to get up early
We wear suits cuz the water is cold
in the morning, brrrrrrrrrr.

Don't divers wear suits? So, if we see divers in California or Florida, in the morning, it would be okay to shoot them? They must have been terrorists? They could have been diving for abalone or even mussels. They could have been diving because people like to dive, including myself.

--airspoon

you can add divers to your list now.

it seems nowadays its ok to kill anybody as long as you mention the words "terror attack" or "terrorist." EVERYONE is happy when they die so who cares if they were spear fishing or diving for clams....they were terrorist.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Was that thick sarcasm or are you being serious? It's getting late....
2nd line.

--airspoon

If the incident even occured, I would not put it past the Israelis to kill some Palestinians, harvest their organs, then dump them in wet suits, and toss them in the ocean, shoot at their corpses and let the bodies wash to shore.

I find it hard to believe that the Israeli's would have not attempted to retrieve the bodies to confirm the kills. The Israelis would have also wanted to identify the men, to carry out reprisals on their families, bulldoze their homes etc. ect., or to determine if they came from another country.

This story makes it sound like they killed four possibly six men, and just sailed away to let the bodies wash out to sea.

Now what if one of them had a usb drive on them with a whole list of fellow agents, if in fact they were a terrorist?

Are we going to pretend the Israelis wouldn't have wanted to search those men?

What if the actually had bombs, are we going to pretend Israel would not have wanted to annalyse the components to see if trigger mechanisms or plastiques came from Iran or Syria?

So no this story doesn't add up.

It's a planted fluff propaganda piece as part of an over all effort to convince the world and Israelis the blockade is necessary.

This post is ignorant on so many levels, namely in that they recovered all the bodies except one, the Palestinians were allegedly armed. (www.haaretz.com...)

You couldn't just dump bodies in the ocean and then shoot at them, that doesn't even make sense and could easily be dis-proven with autopsy. That and 2 of the alleged terrorists are supposedly still alive. If Israel is as "evil" as you describe I think they'd be more competent in knowing how to make something look legit. Of course your post also ignores that Palestinians aren't peace loving, and this event if anything will give Israel a black eye since no one is really on their side right now...so Israel fabricating this story would make no sense from a PR standpoint.

[edit on 7-6-2010 by yellowcard]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by yellowcard

Was that thick sarcasm or are you being serious? It's getting late....
2nd line.

--airspoon

If the incident even occured, I would not put it past the Israelis to kill some Palestinians, harvest their organs, then dump them in wet suits, and toss them in the ocean, shoot at their corpses and let the bodies wash to shore.

I find it hard to believe that the Israeli's would have not attempted to retrieve the bodies to confirm the kills. The Israelis would have also wanted to identify the men, to carry out reprisals on their families, bulldoze their homes etc. ect., or to determine if they came from another country.

This story makes it sound like they killed four possibly six men, and just sailed away to let the bodies wash out to sea.

Now what if one of them had a usb drive on them with a whole list of fellow agents, if in fact they were a terrorist?

Are we going to pretend the Israelis wouldn't have wanted to search those men?

What if the actually had bombs, are we going to pretend Israel would not have wanted to annalyse the components to see if trigger mechanisms or plastiques came from Iran or Syria?

So no this story doesn't add up.

It's a planted fluff propaganda piece as part of an over all effort to convince the world and Israelis the blockade is necessary.

This post is ignorant on so many levels, namely in that they recovered all the bodies except one, the Palestinians were allegedly armed. (www.haaretz.com...)

You couldn't just dump bodies in the ocean and then shoot at them, that doesn't even make sense and could easily be dis-proven with autopsy. If Israel is as "evil" as you describe I think they'd be more competent in knowing how to make something look legit. Of course your post also ignores that Palestinians aren't peace loving, and this event if anything will give Israel a black eye since no one is really on their side right now...so Israel fabricating this story would make no sense from a PR standpoint.

armed with what? spear guns? clam shucking knives maybe? of course, if the isreali planted weapons on them and there are nobody around to see them do it, would they still be armed?

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Looks like iserai can kill anyone and say well maybe they were doing XYZ

Did they shoot them with paintball guns

Of course the autopsies done by the Palestinians revealed that the Kidneys, Liver and Heart were also all missing from each 'diver'.

Glad you reminded me.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by yellowcard

It's like saying it would be normal to see people in scuba gear off of Somalia...it's not.
There was no mention of SCUBA gear in the article. You dont need it to dive. A wetsuit & snorkel suffices for many people.
Whatever. If this event actually happened (& I too find the story as told very dubious), what have we got? The Israelis spot some people they believe are behaving suspiciously. Do they arrest them & find out whats going on? No, they shoot them... par for the course as far as I can tell. They're really not doing themselves any PR favours.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12voltz

That's part of the discussion, so do you want discussion or do you want people to simply agree with you?

Agree with me about what ,i didn't even put forward an opinion on whether its real or not,i just copied the link and posted it as i thought it was a relevant subject considering whats going on in that area.What has my age got to do with it ,for all you know i could be a 100 year old war veteran or a 12 year old psychopathic axe murderer.Totally irrelevant.I regret posting this article as it seems to have caused a lot of anger which was not my intention.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by tarifa37

The Israeli military says it believes those on board were planning a "terrorist attack".

That's the part you guys are missing.. divers.. still in their boat.. not swimming menacingly toward an IDF ship with PE or mines. Suiting up, probably minding their own business.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   

First thing I thought of when I read the article.
Seems oddly inefficient, and irresponsible if they were serious about the terror claim.

How would they even prove they were preparing for some sort of "terror attack"?

- Lee

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by azrael36

i couldn't disagree with you or blaine any more! first if north korea-iran-or any other given entity would have pulled off the crap that israel has done of late. they would be crucified by the international community, but because we are talking about israel everyone and i mean everyone is suppose to just sit back and take this ludicrous asanine b# that is going on!

so how is people have their fill of bull# and speaking their tongues a sense of hate

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
I swear. ATS is becoming the most biased bigoted bunch of liars on the Internet. Sad, it used to be a place where people actually used their minds and facts.

Now? It's a gathering place for hate groups and propagandists from all sides.

Oh please, give it up.
There's two sides to everything, a few more people might be on one side than the other, does that automatically make them a hategroup?

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by hippomchippo

There's two sides to everything, a few more people might be on one side than the other, does that automatically make them a hategroup?

No. It is however funny that while there are two sides to everything, both sides say this:

Sources in Gaza say that the men were training on attacking Israeli targets near the Gaza Strip via sea. Hassanin said that the men were killed by single shot to the head execution stile.

english.pnn.ps...
Special note for those who always know who is guilty and not what is wrong - this is PALESTINIAN media organ. Kidneys and such.

The force opened fire at the cell and hit a number of gunmen wearing diving suits and armed with weapons. There were no injuries among the soldiers.

www.ynetnews.com...
Evil lying Israeli heart (probably stolen) and mind source.
Both say the same. Must be recreational divers then, we know that people in Gaza are that rich. Boo for Israel for shooting armed militants training to fight Israel. Evil evil evil.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge
reply to post by hippomchippo

No. It is however funny that while there are two sides to everything, both sides say this:

Sources in Gaza say that the men were training on attacking Israeli targets near the Gaza Strip via sea. Hassanin said that the men were killed by single shot to the head execution stile.

english.pnn.ps...
Special note for those who always know who is guilty and not what is wrong - this is PALESTINIAN media organ. Kidneys and such.

The force opened fire at the cell and hit a number of gunmen wearing diving suits and armed with weapons. There were no injuries among the soldiers.

www.ynetnews.com...
Evil lying Israeli heart (probably stolen) and mind source.
Both say the same. Must be recreational divers then, we know that people in Gaza are that rich. Boo for Israel for shooting armed militants training to fight Israel. Evil evil evil.

I never said Israel was guilty in this, I simply questioned how any thread that puts israel in a bad light is automatically responded with hate group, anti-semite, etc.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12voltz
reply to post by airspoon

They could have been but why were they shot ?Do the Israelis shoot recreational divers now,i dont think so.Still two divers missing .

The IDF and MOSSAD shoots whoever they damn well please. They need no justification, only a hunch.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

They don't have to be recreational divers, though they very well could have been. I'm not rich and I love to dive. It really only takes the cost of a diving suit and a snorkel. If the were diving with SCUBA gear, it still doesn't take all that much money.

Furthermore, they could have been diving for wildlife. They could have been diving for any number of reasons, including terrorism, though I'm surely not going to take the word of Israelis who have every motive in the world to lie about what happened. I'm also not going to take the word of Israelis who are famous, yes famous, for murdering Palestinians.

It is not being bigoted, it is being logical and reasonable, plain and simple.

The definition of bigot (with emphasis on the latter, in bold):
A person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially; One who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance.
Source: www.merriam-webster.com...

Definition of logic:
Interrelation or sequence of facts or events when seen as inevitable or predictable; A particular mode of reasoning viewed as valid or faulty.

Definition of reason:
A sufficient ground of explanation or of logical defense.

One is hardly being a bigot by question the actions of a secular government, especially a secular government who has, in the past, repeatedly performed the same kinds of actions and then lied about them, time and time again.

It would be foolish to take their account as fact, especially when they are known to murder innocent bystanders and then lie about it. It would be both illogical and unreasonable to just take the word of Israel on anything, much less the deaths of Palestinians at the hands of Israelis. It really has nothing to do with bigotry.

--airspoon

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
"Terrorism" is the key word here. As long as it can be invoked and propagated by any agency, it will justify anything ANY country does to people.

Were they, who will tell us? Who's word do we accept without question?

They weren't? Is that a presumption of innocence? How could we possibly know?

We know what each side will say. We already know what each side has done.

But the "news" does 'rankle' us all doesn't it?

Are people being told what they want to hear?

Are we just aching to denigrate each other over news that can't be verified?

No, I don't accept any source as definitive. And I think you'll find, if the MSM deigns to tell you, that there source is the same as yours... a news paper. If not, then it was a government report. If not, then it was an 'unnamed source.'

It's a shame really. Because without truth, justice remains deaf - as well as blind.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join