It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sun Rips in 2 with huge Coronal Hole - Solar wind Incoming!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
The next time there is a a first quarter moon I'm going to post a picture with the title "Moon rips in 2!!"

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
The sun being ripped into two pieces? Is this the shifting of dimensions, where the cool people follow the new sun into the fifth world?

All others will remain in agony on this loser 4th dimensional level, off course.

Hahaa.!

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Does anyone relate to Hopi peophecy?
I am sure they have a prediction of this happening and it is a signifigant event for the human race.
I believe that the only way to escape would be to put a lot of water or earth between us and the surface of the earth.
A mass coronal ejection would fry the surface if it came our way.....
I seeem to recall in electric universe theory that this is something that has fried the earth, and the moon, in the distant past....(Glass beads on the moon or something like that...also found oall over the earth???)
The chances are that we would sustain major damage if hit or near missed....
Regardless i doubt that many here on ats would get invited to be part of the population herded into the DUMBs that they have supposedly created for refuge.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrpotatohead
relating to this thread about sun activity, a few weeks ago, in our local paper, a story about a new NASA satelite was posted. This satelites main purpose was to take pictures of the sun spot activity, as reported by NASA. Now does anyone find it unusual that a satelite would be put in orbit with the stated purpose of taking pictures of the sun, at about this time in history??

Well, not really, no. SOHO has been observing since 1995 and was originally intended as a two year mission. Maybe this is a replacement?

If you take the time to seacrh up the realted stories, and links to the sun spot activity we are getting into, it will scare the crap out of you. Yes, there is something going on. Worse case senerio is many deaths, and being thrown back to the 19th century.

Well now I'm scared. The 19th century you say. Will we have to start wearing silly facial whiskers and top hats again?

The lists of natural disasters steming from the sun spot activity, and related cause/ effect scenerios is endless

I'll just bet they are. They are in this thread anyway.

Also mentioned in previous threads is the historical data relating to actual real world flares that have happened in previous history. One of the most notable was the one in the mid 1800's which fried the only modern tech they had at the time, which was the telegraph. This solar flare melted telegraph lines right off the poles.

They did what now !?!?! Where and when please, I'd like to read up about this amazing development.

if this level of flare happens now, we will be destined for horse and buggy days again. The outlook is grim. The government knows what's coming. if you start to hear and read of strange movements of public officials, and various troop movements in the US, ...

etc, etc.

You mean, gulp ...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/62d46931a110.jpg[/atsimg]
Mind you anything's possible with the sun according to some ATS threads

Whats up with the sun? Not where it should be

OMG! What are we gonna do? What would the Mayans have done? Shouldn't we be sacrificing goats to RA or something? Well he can have my TV since the receptions all KO'd anyway

And what are the world governments doing? I think I'd better write to my MP.

[edit on 6/6/10 by Crazy Man Michael]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

What people shouldn't worry about more is the satellities and radios as a solar wind would cause an EMP (Electrictronic Magnectic Pulse) and not only dis-able technological components in space but mostly on ground surface of our planet Earth.

A Tip:

If you own a car, truck, van its handy to have a second Solenoid as you'll need one from an EMP attack because it'll burn out the Solenoid and its best to have all electrical equipment switched OFF! especially as you'll need the power from your car battery to start up with your new components.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
couldnt be its effecting weather?

here in malta is crazy weather...one day rain one day heat wave the other rain ??!!!

normally this time of the year it already summer
today particularly you cannot stand in the sun..too hot

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by DClairvoyant

"A solar wind" is nothing unusual. There is always a solar wind. Like the wind in Earth's atmosphere, it is sometimes stronger and more turbulent than at other times.

A strong and turbulent solar wind produces geomagnetic storms which can affect satellites in orbit and power grids on the surface. A geomagnetic storm is not an EMP. The solar wind does not produce an EMP. Your car, iPod, and laptop computer will not be affected unless they happen to be plugged into an electrical outlet at the time.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Crazy Man Michael

Are you not aware of the solar cycle? And the massive disruption caused in recent times by particularly large solar storms, even when we had very low levels of technology?
Now we rely on technology so much and have such a massive infrastructure relying on radio communications and the power grids we are more vulnerable than ever to what is a frequently occuring phenomenon.
A solar storm of the magnitude in the late 1800s for instance, that set fire to telegraph stations everywhere would now:

1) Disrupt and take down large elements of the national power grids of many countries worldwide, possibly even for months while necessary repairs are carried out.

2) Disrupt GPS and other navigation systems, this would affect military operations, missile guidance, etc, aircraft, boats, anything time critical that gets it's time signal from the GPS onboard atomic clocks and obviously your portable GPS systems.

3) GSM/UMTS/PAKNET/MOBITEX/etc phone/data networks, affecting not only your mobile phone but also some PDQ payment terminals, alarm systems, tracking systems, communications, remote data/control links for electricity substations, water plants, sewage treatment, etc.

4) All radio communications. Boats, aircraft, military, police, fire, hospitals, etc

5) Disruption of power would mean petrol stations could not dispense fuel, water/sewage pumping stations would cease to function once their generator fuel supplies are exhausted, shops would not be able to trade, no traffic lights - accidents, no street lighting, etc.

This is just the tip of the iceburg. This won't 'maybe' happen, this will happen! Maybe not on this cycle, but more than likely in the next 50 years. Saying that this cycle is supposed to be particularly bad, so who knows. It's the 'nothing will happen' attitude that has meant we are not prepared for it

Edit to add:

This is a useful read:

Severe Space Weather Events--Understanding Societal and Economic Impacts

[edit on 6-6-2010 by AgentSmith]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
Does anyone relate to Hopi peophecy?
I am sure they have a prediction of this happening and it is a signifigant event for the human race.
I believe that the only way to escape would be to put a lot of water or earth between us and the surface of the earth.
A mass coronal ejection would fry the surface if it came our way.....
I seeem to recall in electric universe theory that this is something that has fried the earth, and the moon, in the distant past....(Glass beads on the moon or something like that...also found oall over the earth???)
The chances are that we would sustain major damage if hit or near missed....
Regardless i doubt that many here on ats would get invited to be part of the population herded into the DUMBs that they have supposedly created for refuge.

I agree with much of what you have said as I am already aware that once they have sorted the CIA "RED" list from the "BLUE" list in the states and the "Register book" in the UK and finally "Martial Law" is the last to play out before the government finally tells the people that they have been mis-informed for decades and its too late to do anything to prepare because so many of the masses didn't even speculate about being "open-minded" just incase of a major disruption they chose to just go on with life thinking nothing of it was to play out, little did they realise now its too late - 2011 onwards that those they put in government no-longer have their back so now they wonder what do they do next and fall for it even more and get "fooled" to being collected from the surface and taken into these D.U.M.B's believing AGAIN that those they chose to vote to be in government which have already proven to be liars, the people automatically dismiss the liars to be (TPTB) to be back on the people's side.

Little do the people know what's install for them when they arirve in these D.U.M.B's they will then see the inside to "Pandora's box" and the only way out would be from outside help/very clever planning from inside these military concentration camps.

The best tip for all is to question everything around you, do some digging around, do your own homework, quit falling for it and relying on your governments, you all have a brain each, why don't you make your OWN decisions. Do not forget, their are more of us in the masses in the billions than their is of military and their ruling elite secret societies.

I once once like many of you here, I want proof, let me see for myself, let me question everything, don't tell me what to do, I'l make my own choices and control my own thoughts, I do not fear anything etc etc etc.

Eventually with enough digging around and talking to insider's/whistleblowers and then discovering people in my family from 2nd cousins onwards have had run ins with govt agencies and they have seen horrid/horrendous things on the job. I for one decided to join the Army forces many years ago and decided to quite 2 years ago because I witnessed something in the wrong place at the wrong place because I broke the rules and I wanted to know if et's and all that were true.

I witnessed something truely horrifying and THEY are only good at keeping a lid on the truth about their black projs. because they install fear into you before they let you leave the forces like they did to me I had to sign a contract that forced fear into me stating if I've ever came clear about my experiences I wouldn't be heard of again and that I'd be sent away to a maxmum secruity prison for a minimum of 10 years and fined a minimum of £250,000 and after being released would be put on the "Black-list" register which means I would automatically be declared bankrupt for a minimum of 3 years and be posted as a top priority of "most-wanted" and IU would never be able to live a normal life again as I would be re-located a house location and be checked upon every fortnight from authorities.

So what do most people do, shut-the heck up and get on with their lives.

But not me that doesn't scare me because over the years I had no-end of silver vans, blacked out windows, trucks blacked out parked outside the house.

I'l speak up about most of my experiences because I already know what's coming and I do not see the point anymore because eventually you will all find out the truth. Because more and more are speaking up.

You need to know that once they started re-locating people and collecting people from the surface to relocate underground you will be in the S**t.

[edit on 6-6-2010 by DClairvoyant]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Thanks for the interesting post! I live in Northern Ontario and don't have to go far to be away from any source of light polution, so you can bet if the next several nights are clear, I'll be outside with camera on tripod, and hopefully will capture one or two good shots of the aurora. I've often wondered if whatever is being sprayed into our atmosphere is more for the purpose of deflecting dangerous emissions from the sun, at times such as this.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by AgentSmith

Yes, I'm aware of the 11 year solar sunspot cycle. You make good points about the effects of geomagnetic storms, so I've done some more background reading and I see the picture a little more clearly.

en.allexperts.com...

A geomagnetic storm is a temporary disturbance of the Earth's magnetosphere caused by a disturbance in space weather. Associated with solar coronal mass ejections (CME), coronal holes, or solar flares, a geomagnetic storm is caused by a solar wind shock wave which typically strikes the Earth's magnetic field 24 to 36 hours after the event. This only happens if the shock wave travels in a direction toward Earth. ... Magnetic storms usually last 24 to 48 hours, but some may last for many days. In 1989, an electromagnetic storm disrupted power throughout most of Quebec — it caused auroras as far as Texas. On 13 March 1989 a severe geomagnetic storm caused the collapse of the Hydro-Quebec power grid in a matter of seconds as equipment protection relays tripped in a cascading sequence of events. Six million people were left without power for nine hours, with significant economic loss. ...

Since 1989 power companies in North America, the UK, Northern Europe and elsewhere have invested time and effort in evaluating the geomagnetically induced current (GIC) risk and in developing mitigation strategies.

www.thespacereview.com...

The real threat: geomagnetic storms

The first recorded evidence of space weather effects on technology was in 1847 when currents were registered in electric telegraph wires. Later, in 1859, a major failure of telegraph systems in New England and Europe coincided with a large solar flare called the “Carrington Event”, after astronomer Richard Carrington who witnessed the instigating flare. However, the real modern-era wakeup call to geomagnetic susceptibility of our infrastructure was the (moderate intensity) geomagnetic storm that shut down the entire Hydro Quebec grid in March 1989. There were also reports of computer failures in August of that year in Toronto, Canada (which possibly indicate that the associated geomagnetic activity had considerably faster components than just E3).

I didn't read anywhere that -

This solar flare melted telegraph lines right off the poles.

Or

A solar storm of the magnitude in the late 1800s for instance, that set fire to telegraph stations everywhere

But maybe I need to keep reading.

It seems to me that previous events are linked to CMEs which are aimed directly at Earth (a small subset of CMEs). They can last from one to several days and have serious, but not permenant affects on our society, when severe enough as per the 1989 Quebec grid tripout. This is exactly why we need satellites monitoring the situation and it isn't sinister that we have them there, as implied by mrpotatohead.

I simply doubt we'll be knocked back to the 19th century or worse as some dramatic claims in this thread suggest, and I don't see the need for alarmism and panic.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

There is absolutly nothing we could do protect ourselves from something like this! I myself am not an end of the worlder, but I think i'm not mostly because I shut out stuff like this. If I actually researched these subjects I be all "WE ARE GONNA DIE!!!"

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
The damage will be impressive probally, but no 'sending you backt to the stone age' kind of thing imo.
Well unless it doesn't just pound the earth and it's magnetic shield with radiation, plasma and heat. But also with a massive emp wave, which can follow. Atleast that is what I was told.

But those aren't the only possible problems, what do you think all that radiaton will do with the flora and fauna? Not to speak of the climate and the earth's crust?

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Quran does mention splitting of sun and it will rise from west rather than east maybe this is it

[edit on 0404:6 6/06 by Charly111]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Charly111
Koran does mention splitting of sun and it will rise from east maybe this is it

[edit on 0303:6 6/06 by Charly111]

Please, can you tell us in what part of Koran is that?
Thanks.

By the way, maybe this is what happened to Mars long time ago?

[edit on 6-6-2010 by Trueman]

I just watched the videos you posted. They are very interesting, but I couldn't find the part that mention "The Sun will split in two".

Anyway, their prophecy mention that the sun will rise from the west. That could be if the Earth rotation changes to the opposite direction, I guess.

I hope, islamic extremist won't take this as a "sign" to reinforce their believes.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
The sun is waking up from a deep slumber
The sun is waking up from a deep slumber, and in the next few years we expect to see much higher levels of solar activity. At the same time, our technological society has developed an unprecedented sensitivity to solar storms. The intersection of these two issues is what we're getting together to discuss."
The National Academy of Sciences framed the problem two years ago in a landmark report entitled "Severe Space Weather Events—Societal and Economic Impacts." It noted how people of the 21st-century rely on high-tech systems for the basics of daily life. Smart power grids, GPS navigation, air travel, financial services and emergency radio communications can all be knocked out by intense solar activity. A century-class solar storm, the Academy warned, could cause twenty times more economic damage than Hurricane Katrina.
Much of the damage can be mitigated if managers know a storm is coming. Putting satellites in 'safe mode' and disconnecting transformers can protect these assets from damaging electrical surges. Preventative action, however, requires accurate forecasting—a job that has been assigned to NOAA.
science.nasa.gov...

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Charly111

Originally posted by Charly111
Quran does mention splitting of sun and it will rise from east rather than west ...

But the sun already rises in the east doesn't it?

Maybe you're thinking of the thread I mentioned in my post above

Whats up with the sun? Not where it should be

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Crazy Man Michael

sorry i have edited my post with precise reference from Koran that quotes sun rising from west - hope this will help u in yr research - only if u r seeking truth and not bigotry - luv u

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrpotatohead
The government knows what's coming. if you start to hear and read of strange movements of public officials, and various troop movements in the US, wake up to what's coming down. Remember, there are no coincidences. That gut feeling you have that the SHTF is about to happen is correct. A collective "time is short" consciousness is spreading in the USA like wildfire.

I can't shake that "gut feeling" either. I hope TS does not HTF.

Black Hole Sun
Won't you come
And wash away the rain

Hang my head
Drown my fear
Till you all just
Disappear...

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   

[edit on 0505:6 6/06 by Charly111]

new topics

top topics