It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sun Rips in 2 with huge Coronal Hole - Solar wind Incoming!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Hi,

I am new to ATS and today i downloaded stellarium but I cannot get hold of User guide. Adobe message displays that there has been a script error or the PDF is not recognizable any one using stellarium know a way around?

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
For those that are in fear because of this...I have one word for you: TRUST

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
My question is,why is it so hot right now this is only the beginning of June and it is well into the 90's and 100's now started becoming really hot the last part of may and the sun seems brighter and more closer to the earth.or is that my imagination,but the heat isn't does that have to do with what is up with the sun now ?

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by berrygurrl

Would it not be better to educate them why this is nothing to be afraid of? That it is a natural occurrence, not particularly large historically and that the worst we will see or hear is noise and static and maybe a pretty light show in some parts of the world?

Geophysical Institute Forecasts show no meaningful Auroral activity expected over the next three days. Usually that means this will not be a direct hit if it hits us at all.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I almost forgot - "Sun Rips in 2" ???????

Appropriate headline for the Weekly World News or the Sun maybe
Worked though, look at all the flags

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by berrygurrl

i lol'd ...TRUST? so if we trust,.. we stop the sun from sending out flares?..tell me how trust works against solar flares...is it better than tin foils?

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Question no.1

Does anybody know if our orbit is crossing that corona?

Just curios...

Question no.2

Is the "Rip" in line with with the elliptical orbit of the solar system...?

Just curios

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
This is a good explanation of what it is.

Here:www.enchantedlearning.com...

Sunquakes at 11.5 can contribute to these. These coronal holes can last months or years. It opens the sun for solar winds to escape. The winds take 4 to 5 days to reach earth. They can interfere with our communication systems, and cause intense auroras. Our lives are not at all threatened. Not sure about our televisions and cell phones.

This is my little synopsis. You can read more by clicking the link.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Noobastronomer

Trust that you don't get you A$$ fried.....

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

My television and cell phone!!?! You might as well take my life. At least you didn't say computer or I'd really have a squirt gun to my head. Ugghh, I have nothing to do...

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
It looks like the eye of Sauron. muahaha

I'll be checking out the night skies for sure.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I am putting my PC in a lead box in the basement. oh? there will be no internet!
just get my surf board out ride the suns waves.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
This is amazing... I am getting set up to watch the outcome here in the far north... photos, movies, whatever I can get from this to share.

D

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by grantbeed

Originally posted by frozenspark
doesn't the sun go through some extreme stuff every 11 years, and the cycle reaches it's peak in 2010-2012

[edit on 5-6-2010 by frozenspark]

I think the most recent calculation by NASA was that the Suns next peak would be around May 2013, not the infamous 2012 that most doomsayers would like to think.

It was originally forecast for 2012, but the timeline has been knocked back due to inactivity over the last few yrs.

I wonder. Or is NASA saying May 2013 just to try an throw people off, and maybe something really will happen on 2012. Guess time will tell.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   
So many keeping an eye on it, surprising no one mentioned the human eye in the sun. Link is in the paragraph "Hi-res Bonus #2".

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   
This is something we'll have to keep an eye on. It looks like it's starting to rotate past us and we'll know in a couple of days how much effect it will have. I can only imagine a disturbance of that size is going to pack a wollup. If you think of it Earth is just a few pixels in those pictures of the disturbance.

Has anyone ever seen the movie Solaris?

A star they are studying from a space station manifests their dreams into reality. The world seems to be focused on doom and gloom and it's occuring everywhere on the planet. Maybe the Sun is manifesting our consciouness.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   
I dont know if it has to do anything but yesterday (Saturday) was MAD hot in here, I immediately remembered this thread.

Also, I heard from some guy that says he talks telepatically with aliens, that before december 21, 2012 (or maybe that day) the sun would disrupt all electronics and communications in the world taking us back to the stone age, and from the looks of it, looks very possible, oh well...

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Software_Pyrate
reply to post by Noobastronomer

Trust that you don't get you A$$ fried.....

hahahahaha......

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   
oh damn..oh damn...the sun awakens and is furious
i have a question....if this is a solar storm...do we end up like emmm what they show in the end of the movie Knowing ?

anyways....we shall wait n see what happens...till then have fun!

[edit on 6-6-2010 by ibucketbot]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   
this is fantastic!
why are some people flipping out? lol
this is a good thing!

ohh, exciting!

new topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join