It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sun Rips in 2 with huge Coronal Hole - Solar wind Incoming!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Thats the craziest thing i've ever seen. The most shocking and probably scariest aswell.

Whats the worst case scenario we are dealing with here? No power? Combusting into thin air? Baking to death slowly?

Anyone who specializes in this field wanna sort me out some info?

I found This Video to do with the matter.

[edit on 7-6-2010 by TechUnique]

[edit on 7-6-2010 by TechUnique]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by grantbeed
reply to post by davidmann

Could have been the Moon?

g

No, I don't think so. The moon is a small sliver tonight (one day later) and is due east.

What I saw looked like arc welding in color, was steady (didn't seem to fluctuate), and was further north. Cloud cover was low and dense.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Latest Forecast from NOAA -

Solar Activity Forecast:
Solar activity is expected to be very low with a slight chance for a C-class flare for the next 2 days (7-8 June).

A very slight chance for a C-class flare exists on day 3 (9 June), after the sole region (1076) rotates off the disk.

Geophysical Activity Forecast:
The geomagnetic field is expected to be quiet on day 1 (7 June). Mostly unsettled to active conditions with a possible isolated period of minor storming is expected on day 2 (8 June).
Conditions are expected to return to mostly quiet to unsettled with the possiblility of an isolated active period early on day 3 (9 June).
The increase in activity is due to a high speed stream from a coronal hole as well as the possible arrival of a slow moving CME from 3 June

www.swpc.noaa.gov...

Ram

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Just in case - I filled a 2 litre bottle with water yesterday before I went to bed..

My emergency water supply...

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Well i live here in Watauga Tx, most of the power through the city just came back on after about 40 minutes, any chances of this being related? When it happened this was the first thing i thought of lol.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I can't find which member it was who posted that between the 7-8th of June 2010 the solar wind will be due to land into Earth's Magnetic Field.

So I'm from the UK and we had strong wind yesterday and freak weather building up outside and as for Saturday just gone we had huge thunger and lightening just opposite the house yet very warm outside and no rain?

Can anybody shed a little light on this subject as it be interesting to see IF the "Solar Wind" has any effect on anything.

Thankyou.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by DClairvoyant

Earth is protected by the Magnetosphere from the Solar wind. This protective layer is weaker at the poles so we get the auroras.

Our Satellites in Space are at risk because they can potentially catch the full force of the Hot Solar wind.

There are lots of documents about solar winds effects here on Earth online.

[edit on 7-6-2010 by grantbeed]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
All the Coronal Hole is a opening in the sun which lets out massive amounts of solar wind. These happen every 9 or so years as a warning to tell you the sun is waking up. You often see these during the solar minimum stage (2 - 5 years after a solar maximum) around the sun's poles

The reason why it's big is because of the sun hasn't had much activity in recent years. As mentioned, there has been much bigger ones. The most notable one is back in 1922.

[edit on 7-6-2010 by razor321]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I've been in front of the computer for a couple of hours, but the TV is on behind me. I'm getting some interference. It loses sound for a few seconds and gets really wavy. The weather is windy, so it could just be the cable, but I don't generally get interference when it's so slight.

Anybody else?

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
I've been in front of the computer for a couple of hours, but the TV is on behind me. I'm getting some interference. It loses sound for a few seconds and gets really wavy. The weather is windy, so it could just be the cable, but I don't generally get interference when it's so slight.

Anybody else?

All quiet on the western front...there is nothing to fear dear

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
My husband is having reception problems on his Ham radio and CD and the TV has been acting up a bit.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
After seeing that every mainstream news site and paper have ignored this story and have not even published a single article about this VERY IMPORTANT event, I decided to phone my local news radio station and inform them.

This morning all over Ireland and the UK, flights have been delayed and canceled. I told the news crew that it was due to the geomagnetic activity at high latitudes which is due to this Coronal Hole in the Sun. Mainstream media are stating that all the planes are delayed and canceled due to "low cloud".

Can you see that they are not actually lying, yet they are not stating WHY there is low cloud? Geomagnetic activity at high latitudes due to the Solar Wind spewing over the Earth.

Not one mention, not one headline, I am totally disgusted. Not to mention that its been 40mins since I contacted my radio station and the Radio DJ has not said a thing at all!

With the Sun farting on the Earth and the oil spill I am just about ready to explode with stress and frustration. It makes me sick, the people of this planet, doing nothing!!

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by the_denv

Maybe it's because there is no unusual geomagnetic activity.

The space weather forecast for high latitudes is for a 50% chance of "Active" Conditions, a 30% chance of "Minor storms", and a 5% chance of "Major-severe storms".
www.swpc.noaa.gov...

The bad weather is not being caused by the solar wind. It is being caused by a low pressure area moving into the UK bringing cold and warm fronts with it.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Didnt any of you listen to coast to coast am last night? I think it is fixin to get crazy around here..

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Woke up this morning here in AZ and both my Directv satellite receivers weren't working, I had to reboot both of them. Called my in-laws who live in a different city, but also have Directv, and their receiver needed a reboot as well.

I immediately thought of this thread...could this be related?

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by bigdaddy7ftr

Not related. Apparently DirecTV performed a software upgrade requiring receiver reboots.
backporch.fanhouse.com...

[edit on 6/8/2010 by Phage]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by bigdaddy7ftr

Here in Ontario, nothing seems to be out of the ordinary just yet. Wi-Fi was acting a little bit strange but it always does that once in a while so I can't say it was from the solar wind. Did this wind already hit us, or is it near by?

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thanks Phage...

Coincidental timing at its finest!

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thanks for that information Phage, it is exactly what I was looking for

Maybe that was the reason why the Radio DJ did not voice anything over the waves regarding my talk with him.

I wonder why the article on SpaceWeather.com made me worried, personally I can not see any effects from the Solar Wind, except maybe a headache and even at that I don't think its related.

Thanks again Phage.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by martinkb

It's not an exact science, but 90% of world's strongest earthquakes happend after big coronal mass ejection and magnetosphere being under pressure...

It's been pointed out to me that there is some connection between solar activity and earthquakes. Where did you get the 90% figure?

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join